Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,018 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Funkadory

GTA v premium edition

Funkadory

f*ck this sh*t.

Really should know better by now!

This time Im defo done with this company whats happened to them!!!

George Costanza

>there were people believing R* would release SP DLC this late in game cycle, especially when everyone knows they were already recycled for GTA online

D9fred95

When is "Bethesda re-releasing Skyrim every year" going to be replaced with "R* re-releasing GTA V every year"? Skyrim's been released about three or four times. This would make GTA V have four releases minimum with little to no differences. At least premium console Skyrim has mod support, GTA V can't even be assed to have lowriders in SP let alone anything worth a damn.

Tycek
Posted (edited)

And there it is. R* reputation going down the crapper. I've never believed even for a second it's going to be something else than GTA V bundled with Online crap, but it's so low, that I doubt there is another company, which would came up with idea so bad as this one.

Edited by Tycek

George Costanza

if it wont bump the price tag, i dont see anything bad about it. Everyone and their grandma have played the SP portion somewhere and Online is complete trash without the facilities and what not nowadays.

Darealbandicoot
Posted (edited)

if it wont bump the price tag, i dont see anything bad about it. Everyone and their grandma have played the SP portion somewhere and Online is complete trash without the facilities and what not nowadays.

It's replacing the PS4 and X1 copies in stores with this version and bumping the price back up to $60. Gotta chop that wood right? Edited by Darealbandicoot

Tycek

I seriously hope I am wrong, but I guess it will be sold for 59.99, just like new game.

Darealbandicoot

I seriously hope I am wrong, but I guess it will be sold for 59.99, just like new game.

Unfortunately your not wrong 🙁

JuliusCaesar
Posted (edited)

MoneyGrub* Games.

Always have been, shouldn't be surprised, really. Same thing they've always done: Re-releases and too long between actual new games.

I've got news for Rockstar Games, I'm not sure it's news they want to hear, but it's news nevertheless.

Edited by JuliusCaesar

Tycek

It's even worse than I thought

gtavpremiumu8r5i.png

George Costanza

Well the bumped price tag is pretty c*nt move

O.Z
Posted (edited)

This is lame, where is the GTAIV 10 Year Anniversary-Premium-Remastered edition? What a letdown...

Edited by O.Z

JuliusCaesar
Posted (edited)

Yeah, on a year where there should be an all new GTA, let alone a GTA IV re-release, these guys re-release GTA V, that everyone already has and whose playerbase is still playing, with basically shark cards, except they already spent the shark card and didn't let you choose what you wanted to buy for yourself...

Rockstar is pathetic in 2018, a mere shadow of what everyone thought they were. Key word there is "thought". They are a shadow of what we saw them as, which they never even really were. We all thought wrong, and that is for god damned sure. Looking back, they were never any different. If you really look, they were always like this, it's just easier now with today's marketplace. They don't shy from publicity in humility or to retain a mystique like a Rock and Roll star would, they know they better keep their mouth shut and ride this unwarranted fanbase as long as they can... And now people (like me) are just starting to see more easily that Rockstar Games is about milking and rehashing and always have been, way more than they have ever been about new content. If you really look at the entire history from GTA III until now, you can see it pretty easily.

More people are gonna start noticing:

There's more re-releases or re-hashes of rockstar games than actual games.

Edit: That's the pessimistic take, btw. The optimistic one is that their games are soooo good they need to be released 4 and 5 times or be ported to VR instead of actually making new ones.

In reality I probably fall in the middle where the rehashes fund the new ones that take a long time to make, and they just need more people to make them faster and can't because they are dedicated too much to secrecy for something that eventually will either grow too big to be secret forever, or go into monotony and boredom trying to avoid it (which I think is where they basically are/have been for some time now since IV, really).

Edited by JuliusCaesar

MARKUS.

Rockstar Games is dead. How much I did enjoyed playing GTA IV story the other day, and how sadly Rockstar is the completely opposite right now. Games that are not ment for enjoyment but for profit... please do yourself a favor and get bought by EA already

Shakez
Posted (edited)

Indeed.Rockstar games is not a cool company anymore or it never was

Edited by Shakez

Darealbandicoot
Posted (edited)

2vctds1.jpg

Funny how this joke of a "Premium Edition" is sold on PSN as the "CESP Edition" next to an equally laughable "Complete Edition"

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Smokewood

I'll believe it when I see it.

Nothing has been confirmed.

Darealbandicoot

I'll believe it when I see it.

Nothing has been confirmed.

It's been rated in South Korea and leaked by Laura Kate Dale who has a very good track record including the latest Crash Bandicoot ports.

RemoveKebab

f*ck this sh*t.

Really should know better by now!

This time Im defo done with this company whats happened to them!!!

idk why I keep wishing for a 180 from them, it's never gonna happen.

Sleepwalking
Posted (edited)

How disappointing.... But knowin Rockstar 2.0, it was to expect. At least, they could call this GTA Online : Premium Edition.

They're selling the base game + the free DLC's + Shark Cards 70 bucks when the servers will be empty in october because of RDR2 release.

Even if the online content is worth the price, it's lame to sell the game for the 3rd time with 0 new content into GTA5.

For me, they're just milking the community (again) until the very last drop. I lost hope in the company. (And please, don't tell me everything is because of T2.)

At this point, this is getting ridiculous.

Servers will be empty because of RDR2?

I don't think so, rdr2 is not attractive as GTA; most of the people who play GTA don't even buy it.

Edited by Sleepwalking

esato

[OFF] I have my GTAV PS4 since the release back in 2014.

I want to know if I buy a new one today it comes with all updates or it's the same version of mine. I'm talking about physical edition.

JuliusCaesar
Posted (edited)

How disappointing.... But knowin Rockstar 2.0, it was to expect. At least, they could call this GTA Online : Premium Edition.

They're selling the base game + the free DLC's + Shark Cards 70 bucks when the servers will be empty in october because of RDR2 release.

Even if the online content is worth the price, it's lame to sell the game for the 3rd time with 0 new content into GTA5.

For me, they're just milking the community (again) until the very last drop. I lost hope in the company. (And please, don't tell me everything is because of T2.)

At this point, this is getting ridiculous.

I don't think so, rdr2 is not attractive as GTA; most of the people who play GTA don't even buy it.

I find myself tender to agree; I have been into Rockstar from a watching standpoint of GTA 1, London Expansion, and 2, just laughing at it, could never control it proper or anything, the top downs were not my type of game except they were funny and brilliant. But the third person games were my type of game. And then I was playing, right along with doing the other things.

Their other games were great fun, too. I played table tennis once in a gamestop or a dept store or something, that's it. Didn't dig midnight club. Everything else was gold, though I haven't completed MP3 and I no longer have access to MH2, but actually, I thought those 2 games were corny but I get what they were doing (making an actual murder simulator that technically still was not a murder simulator).

RDR never got me. Love watching bits of it here and there. Can't stand the controls, the horse controls, they are the best ever, and MMO horse/mount doesn't count, it's not even a sim. I guess roach is good in witcher. And Black Desert mounts are cool. ggggggrrahhh That's not the point anyway - point is, if it's HD but samey to the old one, I'm gonna watch some reviews, plays, and be nogo until PC version comes and goes on sale. Maybe day 1. Doubtful.

GTA VI? I will preorder it + a season pass with promise of X amount of single player DLC's for 100 dollars before a teaser.

So yeah, I agree.

Side chick: They need a single player story per year, new or returning protagonists, doesn't matter. They need episodes from los santos until GTA VI comes... yearly... dangit... and GTA VI needs episodes from GTA VI name or whatever fits it yearly as well. 20 to 30 damn hours, but I'll take 15 a year if that's all you can do. 30 minimum if MP is anything less than GTA Online and a bag of chips.

Edited by JuliusCaesar

HaRdSTyLe_83

Rockstar Games is dead.

the statistics say otherwise, but i guess you know better. its always fun to watch the same group of people bashing rockstar everytime they do anything.

at least, lets start the bashing AFTER we know some details.

im sure it will be great, and it's the only game that can make me blow the dust off my Ps4, but its that kind of game that once finished, there is nothing more to do, maybe replay it a month or so after and/or from time to time.

Sleepwalking

Rockstar Games is dead.

the statistics say otherwise, but i guess you know better. its always fun to watch the same group of people bashing rockstar everytime they do anything.

im sure it will be great, and it's the only game that can make me blow the dust off my Ps4, but its that kind of game that once finished, there is nothing more to do, maybe replay it a month or so after and/or from time to time.

Red dead redemption is a great game, I bet second one will great too.

But I don't think that game affect GTA online's current popularity.

MARKUS.
Posted (edited)

Rockstar Games is dead.

Is dead on what I always believe that R* stands for, carrying about bringing a great experience to the player and not being a money whore. I don't even care about the numbers, how much they got. Money cannot buy people's approval specially if you give up on your own principles

Geez, some people really don't know about context

Edited by Markhosdangerous

Hussein Sonic

Rockstar Games is dead. How much I did enjoyed playing GTA IV story the other day, and how sadly Rockstar is the completely opposite right now. Games that are not ment for enjoyment but for profit... please do yourself a favor and get bought by EA already

R* isn't dead. This isn't EA.

jaljax

That's your opinion.

I'll take this with a grain of salt & maybe i'll believe it when they actually announce it...

MARKUS.

Yeah well let me guess... GTA V was your first GTA am I correct?

HaRdSTyLe_83
Posted (edited)

Yeah well let me guess... GTA V was your first GTA am I correct?

how many hours have you played GTAV / GTAO ?

i bet you already taken more hours out of this game then any others.

edit: ofc it can be dead for you: after 4 years it is still very much alive for most of us, that doesn't mean its not one of the best games still out there

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

MARKUS.
Posted (edited)

how many hours have you played GTAV / GTAO ?

i bet you already taken more hours out of this game then any others.

edit: ofc it can be dead for you: after 4 years it is still very much alive for most of us, that doesn't mean its not one of the best games still out there

False. I played GTA IV more than GTA V to be honest, due to things in life... responsibilities, growing up, you know, you are from 83 if your number in your nickname is pointing that, so you know how's that... I think.

I never said that GTA V was horrendous, my gosh I do enjoy playing it (JUST SINGLE PLAYER) . As I said what the hell is happening to the world that you have to explain everything? my gosh you don't know what is context bro?

Let me explain slowly, what I mean and I hope once for all is explained... is not that R* is not doing anything... what I mean is that on old times (the ones that knew GTA way before GTA V can confirm that) R* always focused on single player experience, and the enjoyment of the player was the main core of their philosophy.

Yes yes you can say to me... But they release new content for GTA Online, calm your tits bro... But if you compared how much was worth EFLC back in the release date you will reach the conclusion that with the same price that they are offering you 10 f*cking CARS in GTA Online, a CEO office and some interiors... and some other new sh*t that when you get out of your garage will be being blowed up by some asshole with a Hydra. And of course you cannot get that legally talking into your single player mode for just enjoying the update with no assholes around and doing all the cheats that you do want... In the other hand when EFLC was 40 more missions at least with two new characters, different stories, cars, more guns... two whole new games (on single player and multiplayer)

So... R* just turned into themselves what they were saying they were against... EA. So if the rumors of back into 2008 that said that EA was interested on buying Rockstar Games were true... well get bought by them I don't see any difference between R* and EA anymore. Kill the principles that you were defending, kill that shining light between money-whores companies and turn into one of them... Makes you dead, all that you were, is dead. They are now just another company like the rest of them

Edited by Markhosdangerous