happygrowls
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Zello

• LowTierDude

Honestly, larping DLC is not crazy for SR tbh. It's more SR3 than SR2 but some wacky DLC isn't a bad thing. If the game was great and what everybody wanted and they did this DLC I doubt people would be mad lol.

• Like 1

I am getting major Fallout 4 Nuka World DLC vibes from this. The aesthetic, the park, it screams Nuka Cola World to me. 

SIG-2.jpg

GAUNTLET HELLFIRE

The LARPing stuff was dumb but I did enjoy this DLC a lot more than the first 2. I'm sad the game is done now I would have loved more content.

Was dialog changed in the first mission? I started the game again on a new account and the messages from the other characters seemed different and I didn't get the worst scene in the game of the character swearing.

3 hours ago, GAUNTLET HELLFIRE said:

The LARPing stuff was dumb but I did enjoy this DLC a lot more than the first 2. I'm sad the game is done now I would have loved more content.

Was dialog changed in the first mission? I started the game again on a new account and the messages from the other characters seemed different and I didn't get the worst scene in the game of the character swearing.

They removed a lot of dialogue when they released the heist DLC.

• Like 2

Lock n' Stock
On 8/9/2023 at 10:10 PM, Midnight Dutch said:

RIP Saints Row, 2006 - 2006.

Lol not a SR2 fan I take it?

• Like 1

DenjiChainsawman

It makes me wonder as to what the hell did Mr Saints Godzilla saw? 💀 in the Saints row reboot? 

Obviously, he can’t say anything due to having an NDA but I am interested in hearing as what he saw

GAUNTLET HELLFIRE
8 hours ago, B Dawg said:

That's good. Bad dialogue was one of the biggest flaws of the game. Hopefully that terrible scene of Neenah driving on the billboard is changed or will be changed too. As soon as I could I skipped that cutscene so I wouldn't have to see it again.

10 hours ago, B Dawg said:

hahahahaha the writing sucked so bad they removed it 💀

• KEKW 1

Midnight Dutch
4 hours ago, Lock n' Stock said:

Lol not a SR2 fan I take it?

Well I mean... to be honest, I didn’t hate it.  BUT — I did recognize, even back then, that the franchise was going to turn into something I that I would no longer be a fan of.  And I was right!  SR2 didn’t feel like “Saints Row”.  Again, just being honest I didn’t hate the game, it had some moments where it shined and definitely improved over the original.. but, I felt like each iteration of Saints Row consecutively got worse and worse.  The original being best, and going downhill from there.  I won’t even look at anything after SR2.  It’s disparaging.

• Like 2

SR2 feels like the GTASA of the franchise tbh, the game where they were able to fulfil the ambitions they had with the series. I don't really see it as a new direction of the series but more so the natural evolution of SR1.

SR3 was where the direction quite clearly changed.

• Like 4

Legomanarthur
12 hours ago, DenjiChainsawman said:

It makes me wonder as to what the hell did Mr Saints Godzilla saw? 💀 in the Saints row reboot? 

Obviously, he can’t say anything due to having an NDA but I am interested in hearing as what he saw

I believe his NDA is coming to an end and he's going to make a video talking about what he saw in detail once he's done reviewing the latest DLC.

• Like 2

fJEUkTi.png

On 8/12/2023 at 10:40 AM, Legomanarthur said:

I believe his NDA is coming to an end and he's going to make a video talking about what he saw in detail once he's done reviewing the latest DLC.

I was watching his stream with Flippy and RPG and one of the things he mentioned was what the hummingbird codex actually was. He said it was a treasure map that lead you to a pink Professor Genki themed pyramid full of gold. Whatever else he saw, it was bound to still be too "out there" for a classic saints row fan.

Edited by Malibu Club
still I still can't believe there still was a redundant still still in this post still
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The PC version of the Saints Row reboot is now available on Steam. Along with that came a free update for all platforms which comes with some new features, including the ability to save your game with dirty cheats enabled.

No words of a release on GOG yet (which is odd, considering that the PC version of the SRTT remaster was released simultaneously on GOG and Steam after one year of EGS exclusivity), though I'm assuming it'll be released there some time later.

Edited by Ivan1997GTA

It's launching at 67% off on Steam, puts the base edition at £16.49 in the UK. That's a hefty discount tbf. Also seeing it on CDKeys at £13 for a Steam key for the base edition.

I've got a week to burn before Starfield... hmm...

21 hours ago, Jason said:

It's launching at 67% off on Steam, puts the base edition at £16.49 in the UK. That's a hefty discount tbf. Also seeing it on CDKeys at £13 for a Steam key for the base edition.

I've got a week to burn before Starfield... hmm...

Don't give them your money. This game doesn't deserve it. lol

• Like 3

I haven't so far, I've been looking at up to date impressions and while I'm down for just playing a game where I can create my own character and shoot people the open world just looks so, so, so dead still. £13 might still be too expensive for me for this it seems, I can see it dropping in price p quickly or ending up as a giveaway game (or GP) pretty soon.

• Like 1

I don't think there's ever going to be a given time when I'll actually play this, to be honest, even if it hits GP. 🤷‍♂️

Main reason I briefly considered it was just to pass the week tbh.

• Like 1

Original Light

The game itself is sometimes best when driving around aimlessly and not doing anything. Grab a tank, traverse the desert, and destroy everything in sight. The car customization is decent too. 

The graphics are also surprisingly good for its genre, the lighting and art style is aesthetically pleasing. I would definitely buy it for this purpose if you are looking to burn one week before Starfield. But if you're looking for a good story and characters from this game, don't buy. 

Edited by Original Light

20 hours ago, Jason said:

I haven't so far, I've been looking at up to date impressions and while I'm down for just playing a game where I can create my own character and shoot people the open world just looks so, so, so dead still. £13 might still be too expensive for me for this it seems, I can see it dropping in price p quickly or ending up as a giveaway game (or GP) pretty soon.

I quite enjoyed the game, I think it it not as woke as you might expect (if that is your concern), it was just poor marketing creating a false impression (mainly the boss from the adverts). The plot isn't that bad too. I'd say graphics and physics are the greatest weaknesses.

Personally a game being "woke" has never been my concern for any video game ever, lol.

I've been tempted to pick it up but yea for me what puts me off is just how empty the open world looks, devoid of cars, life, etc.

News coming out, it sounds like Volition have indeed been shuttered.

Somewhat surprising as shutting down AAA studios is a big decision given the resources need to develop AAA games these days, so I thought they'd probably be turned full support studio for someone like Gearbox.

Then again Embracer are in a precarious position, they acquired so, so many studios big and small and haven't really been able to make that next step in... whatever their plan was, which was to make money.

• Like 2

The higher management's decisions lead to this. I feel so bad for the old volition devs and the devs who will lose their job because of some higher up who thought making college kids as gangsters was a good video. Man, sad state of affairs.

Edited by sanjay3207
  • Like 3

universetwisters
1 hour ago, Jason said:

News coming out, it sounds like Volition have indeed been shuttered.

I guess we can kiss any plans of the SR2 pc patch goodbye then 

It sucks that they’re closing down but I’d be lying if I said that it wasn’t their own fault for making games nobody wanted. Agents of Mayhem? A saints row 3 reboot? Get outta here lol people wanna be a gangbanger, not whatever the heck that crap is 

sTgL5iS.png

Mhm.

I know it wasn't a fully fledged game but Gat out of Hell and then AoM and SR22 back to back to back, all three were stinkers. Three critical and commercial flops is going to have consequences for any studio.

I don't celebrate the closure of a studio or people losing their jobs and while I did half expect them to turn into a support studio over being outright closed I can't say I'm ultimately surprised by the news today still. They weren't going to get another immediate shot at making a new game, that was for sure, especially under Embracer.

I guess this is the end of Saints Row and Red Faction for at least a good long while. Perhaps someone will get the IP one day in the distant future and try and do something with it but yea, that's that for a good while now.

• Like 3

Lock n' Stock

I wish I felt bad, but I honestly don't.

It's not like fans asked for much, but they thought they knew better. Oh well, flush it and move on, I suppose.

Volition got what they deserve they killed a series people loved including myself they thought somehow they where above their old games and went the Watch Dogs 2 route and it backfired tremulously. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blue carpet said:

Volition got what they deserve they killed a series people loved including myself they thought somehow they where above their old games and went the Watch Dogs 2 route and it backfired tremulously. 

Saints Row 1: GTA clone but still enjoyable for a next-gen release.

Saints Row 2: Still GTA-like but absolutely amazing with its variety.

Saints Row 3: Trying too hard to be quirky and less serious.

Saints Row IV: I don't even know.

Reboot: Desert Rent.

"I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings."

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.