• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Zello

• LowTierDude

universetwisters

Tech limitations as to why you can’t replay missions? Whaaaaa

I know some games don’t have it like Watch Dogs or Mafia 3 but come on, that ability has been ingame since 2 iirc. Was it in 3 and 4 aswell?

• Like 1

sTgL5iS.png

9 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

that ability has been ingame since 2 iirc. Was it in 3 and 4 aswell?

Only in 1 and 2 have it. For 3 and 4 you need a mod.

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 1

Game studios having bizarre technical issues in 2023 is like water being wet at this point.

I know development time has went up across the board but the technical issues that have come about as a side effect of that are genuinely bizarre.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Lock n' Stock said:

1. I remember a time when cheats came with the game. As it unfortunately turns out, times have changed.

2. I'm guessing that also doesn't include the SR2 patch.

3. Anyway, post-game support is nice I guess (yeah...right). Most likely won't fix much of the core issues with the game tho.

1. Actually this will make Saints Row 2022 / Reboot to get close in that aspect to the previous Saints Row games.

2. Here you're wrong. Volition has stated on their Discord that the Saints Row 2 patch is their priority.

3. Actually, Volition on their Saints Row site has posted an article about the game's "Sunshine Springs" first major update. It lists info for all new content of the update. @Lock n' Stock, you're wrong about fixing issues, as you can see on the article, the list of fixed issues and improvements the update provides is pretty HUGE! I now post a link to the Volition's article page on Saints Row's site I mentioned for everyone of you to read here: SUNSHINE SPRINGS UPDATE.

Edited by 65536
  • Bruh 1

3 hours ago, 65536 said:

Here you're wrong. Volition has stated on their Discord that the Saints Row 2 patch is their priority.

They can say whatever the f*ck they want, we want f*cking results. Amd they have given us f*ck all. Stop falling for their marketing bullsh*t.

• Like 2

DVf9mQs.png

Formerly known as The General

universetwisters
8 hours ago, 65536 said:

2. Here you're wrong. Volition has stated on their Discord that the Saints Row 2 patch is their priority.

Isn't there literally just one or two people working on the SR2 patch tho?

sTgL5iS.png

GAUNTLET HELLFIRE

I have completed all districts but I had an issue with the collective so I joined a friends game to kill the last one in a threat but after that I had a few threats back on my map that can't be completed again. Is there anyway to fix it? it's been like this since last year and it is really annoying me and with the DLC coming out I want them gone before I start playing again.

6 hours ago, universetwisters said:

As I'm aware, no, probably some people of Volition are working on it.

11 hours ago, universetwisters said:

And one of them died 2 years ago.

Modern Volition hates SR2. So they are just dragging their feet for that patch.

DVf9mQs.png

GAUNTLET HELLFIRE

I'm one of the few people that liked Saints Row but this DLC was a huge disappointment. I finished it in around 40 minutes and it really wasn't that fun. I honestly can't say anything good about it. Even the first mission in the base game was more enjoyable than the whole DLC. 

deathdealer
13 hours ago, GAUNTLET HELLFIRE said:

I'm one of the few people that liked Saints Row but this DLC was a huge disappointment. I finished it in around 40 minutes and it really wasn't that fun. I honestly can't say anything good about it. Even the first mission in the base game was more enjoyable than the whole DLC. 

How's the combat? does it play better or more of the same?

1 hour ago, deathdealer said:

Yeah i too would like to know about the combat. Also, did they add any new vehicles and hairstyles?

GAUNTLET HELLFIRE
3 hours ago, deathdealer said:

I didn't notice any difference.

1 hour ago, Bigglo145 said:

Yeah i too would like to know about the combat. Also, did they add any new vehicles and hairstyles?

I'm not sure. I played the first 3 missions and was so disappointed I just turned the game off before checking anything else out.

• KEKW 1

2 hours ago, GAUNTLET HELLFIRE said:

didn't notice any difference

Well yeah, I doubt they would do noticeable overhaul of the combat system.

DVf9mQs.png

All they added was a helicopter that looked like it was cut from the base game at last minute.

Adminsaredicks

Its funny that epic store gamers were actually beta testers for Steam release.

They definitely hate true SR fans that purchased this first day.

It's basically the standard way to handle 1 year timed EGS exclusivity at this point.

Put out the game on PC exclusively on EGS > game on PC doesn't do too hot cause no one likes EGS > support the game with patches/dlc to some degree > release the game as a complete/definitive/enhanced edition on Steam w/ a Steam "launch" discount.

There's been some 3rd party games that have done well as a timed EGS exclusive but for the most part EGS exclusivity hurts sales, and a later Steam release then basically becomes a hail mary to try and get those sales back. 

• Like 1

deathdealer
On 5/10/2023 at 10:58 PM, Moth said:

Well yeah, I doubt they would do noticeable overhaul of the combat system.

so apparently, their idea of overhauling it was just dumbing it down

Combat in Saints Row has received a bunch of changes, most;y centred on making fights easier and far less frustrating. Now, there's a "near zero" chance that enemies will be able to dodge your melee attacks. It will also be harder for them to hit you while you're crouching, and it will be easier to interrupt them as they call for reinforcements. On top of this, their hitpoints have been "drastically" reduced, and a bunch of UI changes will make it easier to tell if you're fighting well or not.

https://www.thegamer.com/saints-row-sunshine-springs-update-patch-fixes-changes/

motherf*ckers think we are all dsp lol

Edited by deathdealer

Adminsaredicks
22 minutes ago, deathdealer said:

so apparently, their idea of overhauling it was just dumbing it down

Combat in Saints Row has received a bunch of changes, most;y centred on making fights easier and far less frustrating. Now, there's a "near zero" chance that enemies will be able to dodge your melee attacks. It will also be harder for them to hit you while you're crouching, and it will be easier to interrupt them as they call for reinforcements. On top of this, their hitpoints have been "drastically" reduced, and a bunch of UI changes will make it easier to tell if you're fighting well or not.

https://www.thegamer.com/saints-row-sunshine-springs-update-patch-fixes-changes/

motherf*ckers think we are all dsp lol

Hey, did even dsp gameplay of new Saints Row. Outsyder have nothing?

• Like 1

Were the enemies bullet spongey? That change could be a good thing if they were?

Those changes don't sound terrible overhaul, crouching for cover seems like it'll work better, being able to stop reinforcements. The melee change sounds iffy but the others could be good? The article describes it as making fights easier but to me those changes - outside the melee change - sound like they've added more depth tbh.

Haven't played it obviously so no idea what it was already like mind you.

• Like 1

Aquamaniac

I purchased it when it was on discount, I'd say it is short but fun, none the less technically outdated both in graphics and game physics but still funny. I'd say it was worth the 30 bucks but I'd never payed 70 for it.

I didn't experience it as extraordinary woke or SJW, do you think this discussion before release negatively affected the sales or do you think the game is actually too woke?

Adminsaredicks
6 hours ago, Aquamaniac said:

I purchased it when it was on discount, I'd say it is short but fun, none the less technically outdated both in graphics and game physics but still funny. I'd say it was worth the 30 bucks but I'd never payed 70 for it.

I didn't experience it as extraordinary woke or SJW, do you think this discussion before release negatively affected the sales or do you think the game is actually too woke?

Compared to jokes in SR3 is too woke, I mean at point where they lost the plot .

There was some anti-woke stuff pre-launch but come launch I saw a lot of talk about it not really being woke or whatever, it was that the characters and writing simply weren't good.

Did the drama around it all hurt the launch? Maybe, there were groups of people pre-launch making a lot of noise about the game and circles like that attract idiots, so there was a lot of toxicity around the game pre-launch.

Volition didn't help themselves mind you, they made comments that were alienating to various parts of their fanbase.

In the end though, if a game is good it'll pull through through word of mouth, which is by far away the biggest seller for any entertainment product and massively important for studios with smaller marketing budgets, but the word around SR22 was that it wasn't very good.

Their best bet right now is to stick it on Games Pass once they've patched the game up and hope they've done a good enough job that GP users give it some good word of mouth cause that's really the only hope they have, I don't think, no matter what they do, that they can turn around the bad launch without the benefit of one of the major subscription services because ultimately not many people are gonna pay for the game regardless of what they do. I know I'm in that boat, it'd take a throwback £5 sale for me to pick it up I think and very few publishers discount SP games that heavily anymore.

• Like 1

Aquamaniac
40 minutes ago, Jason said:

There was some anti-woke stuff pre-launch but come launch I saw a lot of talk about it not really being woke or whatever, it was that the characters and writing simply weren't good.

Concerning the characters, "Steve Urcle" and the girl are guite likeable characters, the boss can be created as freely as ever, the shirtless guy is indeed void and meaningless; replace the shirtless guy with a shirtless girl and the Ruby Rose lookalike boss with an American Ninja lookalike (which the boss somewhat is in character) and the game may have received much less hate in advance. The artworks may have caused avoidable harm and the trailer footage may have been better as well, so I'd say a mediocre game but terrible marketing.

This is what I had in mind for the boss and the shirtless guy (better girl):

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Aquamaniac
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Ivan1997GTA

So, the second story expansion, Doc Ketchum's Murder Circus, is set to release in just a few days (July 6, to be exact), along with "new features and improvements" that are gonna be part of the free update (I swear to Johnny Gat, if they don't add in the recruit/dismiss Saints gang members feature in this update...). I have a feeling that Doc Ketchum's Murder Circus mode is gonna be like the Whored Mode from Saints Row: The Third mixed together with Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax activity. I don't know what the third story expansion's gonna be called yet, but I'm sure Volition will probably reveal it in a few days or weeks.

After all the DLC gets released and the whole drama around the game and Volition dies down, how do you think the Saints Row reboot will be looked upon in the future? At best, it'll probably be considered a good game (if many of the bugs and glitches get ironed out), but not a good Saints Row game.

jollythecat
14 hours ago, Ivan1997GTA said:

I have a feeling that Doc Ketchum's Murder Circus mode is gonna be like the Whored Mode from Saints Row: Third

Yes, It´s supposed to be a repeatable hoard type mode set on doc's island. You level up etc.

It all sounds oretty great actally, I was really looking forward to it.

WAS looking forward to it... Until I read you can't use your own created boss, you have to use one of 4 premade characters. What the HELL!!!

I quite like my boss, and was looking forward to many hours of murdering with her.

But no, no such fun is allowed. To make thing even worse is that the 4 premade are ugly as sin, looks loke a 10 year old designed them, possibly the worst decision Volition could make with the dlc.

Poeple like their bosses, that's pretty much the only reason to play the game.

Remove the boss, remove all interest for the dlc.

Great job again Volition.

• KEKW 1

the f*ck lol

That makes no sense at all that you can't play it with your player character.

• Like 1

deathdealer

between this and hearing that the patch for the pc version of SR2 isn't looking so hot(buggy, worse shape than vanilla SR2 without GotR), being a saints row fan is suffering.

Legomanarthur
1 hour ago, jollythecat said:

I read you can't use your own created boss, you have to use one of 4 premade characters.

For real? That's the most asinine decision they could take following the poor reputation this game already has. Why would they even do that? lol

31 minutes ago, deathdealer said:

between this and hearing that the patch for the pc version of SR2 isn't looking so hot(buggy, worse shape than vanilla SR2 without GotR), being a saints row fan is suffering.

Yeah it's been like that for some time. The best course of action in my opinion is to just forget about it and move on. Volition can't do anything right it seems.

Let's remember Saints Row for what it used to be and not what it currently is. If hope you still have for this IP, only pain will you find.

• Like 1

fJEUkTi.png

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.