2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

HOUSTON_SHERIFF

Does Rockstar even read the DLC ideas that get sent to them in emails?

HOUSTON_SHERIFF

While I understand they get hundreds if not thousands of emails sent to them each day, it makes me wonder if they really read the emails about ideas for gta online one by one. Correct me if Im wrong about them not reading the emails but if you sent them an idea that they happen to approve, will you get a response from them?

Pequod_

They probably won't respond. As for whether they read them or not? Yes, they do read them, a lot of fan-requested vehicles and outfits have been added, and the leaker R* fa**ot did suggest they were reading them.

It's anyone's guess as to how they read them all though, they probably just skim through or have a bot collate them.

elfoam

It doesn't matter, they read the forums anyway. Both this one and especially the glitching section at seven sins :D

HOUSTON_SHERIFF

They probably won't respond. As for whether they read them or not? Yes, they do read them, a lot of fan-requested vehicles and outfits have been added, and the leaker R* fa**ot did suggest they were reading them.

It's anyone's guess as to how they read them all though, they probably just skim through or have a bot collate them.

that figures, I want this 3-colored Desert camouflage added to the game and sent them an email about it 20 times exactly to ensure they get a good look at.

4sb6ef.jpg

irish.chr

If you spam them over, and over and over and

over and

over

and

over

again, maybe.

But if you just send an idea once I doubt they'll ever see it.

Sanches

You can never be sure if they read 100% of the emails, but they're surely read atleast some of them.
You also won't see reply from them if they'll use your idea. In fact, they might grab your idea and change it so much, you won't recognize it (more weaponized vehicles!!).

Willy A. Jeep

I would think that, the more well written a message is, the more attention it gets. Not necessarily longer, because ain't nobody got time for that, but if a message is just "plains dlc w/ 747 in hanger" it's not going to get as serious of consideration as "I think a good idea for a future DLC would be to add more aircraft to the game, and allow players to purchase the "Jet" airliner from Singleplayer as a Pegasus vehicle. Maybe even reintroduce the Nevada and original Dodo from previous GTA games. The update could be titled the "Freefall" update."

Of course, maybe they just filter out certain words. Or they only look at ones with the word "shark" in them. I'd bet it's more than a few employees tasked with it, whatever they do.

bulldog385

I emailed them a year or 2 ago to be able to purchase and Customise Tractor trailers in game and look what we recieved with Gunrunning ... The MOCs.

REXX

I know they are constantly checking emails. Every email I've sent them has had a reply within a week. The key is to generally write professionally and in detail. Sending something like "Hey Rockstar, add the GTAIV Turismo! Thanks" won't work - no effort writing it, no effort adding it.

I recently had a short but rather motivating reply regarding my Annilation Concept.

28397021139_5f869eb0ee_o.png

All in all, they do indeed read emails. Remember that just because they didn't reply doesn't mean they didn't read it or consider it :)

Edited by REXX

Rafae

They do but some ideas simply aren't able to be implemented for various reasons. They've fulfilled ALOT of fan requests over the last few updates so yes they definitely read them.

fw3

I'm guessing they have a backlog of user submitted DLC requests going back to 2013 or so.

DEAR ROCKSTART,

ME AND MY BROTHER WICKED LOVE TOY STORY AND PIXAR MOVIES AND THINK YOU SHOULD MAKE AWESOME DLCS WITH WOODY, BUZZLIGHT YEAR, DEADPOOL, AND MIKE WIZNOWZINKSKY. PLEASE MAKE THESE DLC BEFORE SUMMER CUZ WE'RE GOING TO PENNSULVANIA TO VISIT MY COUSONS WHO WANT IT THEM TOO.

THANK YOU,

TIM AND MATTY

header-hilariously-amazing-toy-story-gra

Sanches

I know they are constantly checking emails. Every email I've sent them has had a reply within a week. The key is to generally write professionally and in detail. Sending something like "Hey Rockstar, add the GTAIV Turismo! Thanks" won't work - no effort writing it, no effort adding it.

I recently had a short but rather motivating reply regarding my Annilation Concept.

Did you send them a text version, or a link to forum topic?

REXX

Did you send them a text version, or a link to forum topic?

Exactly how its written here on the forums, pics and all. Only link I did send was to my Captures I have posted on the forums which the idea was based on.

Quinn_flower

Dear r* where is my clothing

Black-Dragon96

Well I think they do read it, they just dont reply for the most part.

It just has to be something that fits in their plans.

The_Great_One

Dear R*, where are our clothing rich, vehicle based, bug fixing, and network improving updates you promised?

Deadman2112

Dear R*, where are the...

..snip..

...bug fixing, and network improving updates you promised?

Yeah apparently now they can fire weapons from passes and remain registered as a CEO

You shoot back and nothing happens your bullets and Rockets just pass right through them but they can fire back at you.

On a nextgen console no less

Honestly don't know what was the point in paying for the upgrade to next-gen simply to have to deal with trash like this from a game company that does absolutely nothing to correct these issues

oddly enough though if there's something that will affect shark card sales like the old kuruma on the Pacific Standard job...

they're quick to fix that kind of stuff

Certainly would not be recommending this game to anyone until they start actually doing something about the cheating on next-gen

Edited by Deadman2112

Fireboy769

Hey I mean, you did get Catsuits

I'm just wondering where the f*ck is my Flamethrower. Do I need to start a thread and rally people together and send emails to Rockstar for 3 years like Hunter did with the Hunter?

DentureDynamite

^^ It's a good question; there's certainly no technical limitation in limiting it--Return to Castle Wolfenstein had an

. And that was 15+ years ago. lol

It's probably(?) more a question of which DLC do they add it with, balance issues, etc.

Same with a chainsaw; though I'll admit with weapons like that, the game is going to look more horror-ish. But I'd still like one. ;)

Still hoping for a simple

and/or the unreleased Assault MG; either or both would make my day. :)

...and for goodness sake, at least implement these static elevator props and other currently unused elements in GTAO. It's really sad when a 15+ year-old game puts GTA Online to shame:

unused_elevator1.png

unused_elevator2.png

Edited by DentureDynamite

septimoose

The way it worked at a company I used to work at (even though it was a much smaller developer, and is now shut down) was, there were two email addresses, one for Customer Relations, and one for suggestions. But both inboxes were managed by the same team.

No matter how daft the ideas were, all emails were read and then we had to 'action' them in a database as either 'Resolved', 'No Further Action', 'Work In Progress' or 'Escalated'. We had a flow chart for what warranted escalation. So "thank you" emails were 'No Further Action', complaints were put in the WIP and then resolved by the Customer Relations Team, glitches/bugs were escalated to a Root Cause Analysis tool, and if that couldn't resolve them it went to a programmer, then when the bug was fixed, it went down as a complaint that would then be resolved... but when it came to suggestions of things people would like to see, they were usually put as 'No Further Action'. The reason they had their own inbox was because they could then be processed analytically to see what people actually wanted to see. If there was a trend in something people wanted to see and it fit the list of approved projects, that's when the ideas would be put forward and things that you may have mentioned months or even years ago could be brought up.

I'm not saying that this is how Rockstar do it - but in response to OP, I'm pretty confident that someone would have read every email you sent and had to account for it.

StormerBoy

I'm guessing they have a backlog of user submitted DLC requests going back to 2013 or so.

DEAR ROCKSTART,

ME AND MY BROTHER WICKED LOVE TOY STORY AND PIXAR MOVIES AND THINK YOU SHOULD MAKE AWESOME DLCS WITH WOODY, BUZZLIGHT YEAR, DEADPOOL, AND MIKE WIZNOWZINKSKY. PLEASE MAKE THESE DLC BEFORE SUMMER CUZ WE'RE GOING TO PENNSULVANIA TO VISIT MY COUSONS WHO WANT IT THEM TOO.

THANK YOU,

TIM AND MATTY

header-hilariously-amazing-toy-story-gra

omg that was too funny 😂

Quinn_flower

Hey I mean, you did get Catsuits

I'm just wondering where the f*ck is my Flamethrower. Do I need to start a thread and rally people together and send emails to Rockstar for 3 years like Hunter did with the Hunter?

was more of a rexx kinda thing. i just want normal clothes.

HeavyDuke

Be thankfull they don't read it at all. Otherwise we would have had feminist dlc all over the place.

On a side note, to bad they didn't go with my idea to add this:

DERPZILLA!

tumblr_oo8vc5Dt7a1u8qr43o1_500.gif

Edited by HeavyDuke

No Use For A Name

You emailed them TWENTY times?

You sir are the reason restraining orders exist

HeavyDuke

Maybe he should have used a bulk/mass mailer and send like 50.000 of them.

Panashe M. Sinclaire

Only thing they're reading is the number in shark card sales. They could give a f*ck less about what any loyal fan says.

Captain Yamamoto

Only thing they're reading is the number in shark card sales. They could give a f*ck less about what any loyal fan says.

"hey rockStar!! can you please add some more awesome muscle cars! i Have a few ideAs that will Really help with SHARK CARD sales! how about a plymouth hemi cuda you can just call Kuda!! or the oft requested dominator classiC! im sure those cAn help those SHARK CARD sales! or maybe a classic gauntlet modeled afteR the 1970's challenger? all for those SHARK CARDS! plz responD to my emailS!"

you gotta lay on the shark cards like 4 times for them to care

Snoopbr

I think they use an algorithm to filter the most popular words/sentences. E.g. "new comet", "garage space", "dominator classic", etc. Maybe they read some percentage of the well written emails.

Happy Hunter

20 is nothing.

You have to email them hundreds and hundreds of times, dedicate a youtube channel to what you want, make a petition thread, meme things into existence, etc.

Jimmy

Does R* read the email's? Yes. Does each email get replied to? No. Apart from.that, yes a lot of stuff have been added through fan requests in the past few years.the addition of several classic vehicles and outfits are based on fan requests AFAIK.