Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,503 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Missed Opportunities Thread

DentureDynamite

RDR2 will be a great sight to behold for fans of these games by R*, not so-much because of the games appeal theme-wise, indeed, many have no interest in cowboys. But the curiosity of how big and detailed things get, new mechanics, the way story gels with freeroaming and such being possible for GTA further down the line too, as for me, a huge part of why I loved RDR last time was because it was basically GTA, just different, you know?. Both futures are gonna be great to see.

The million-dollar, online, multiplayer question everyone will be asking once RDR2 releases is:

"What has Rockstar learned?"

Should be interesting.

Edited by DentureDynamite

Bravado Buffalo

Missed tuning. Ardent and Torero are have paintable interior, but you cannot to paint it in LSC.

Quinn_flower

the Halloween shirts...

CrysisAverted

when pokemon go was popular R* should have introduced gang wars so we could hold sections of the city with our names on it

LoneWulf

I totally missed any opportunity to unlock metal paints lol, lvl 480. I dont even know one person who does rally races.

Voodoo-Hendrix

when pokemon go was popular R* should have introduced gang wars so we could hold sections of the city with our names on it

Funnily enough, GTA Online was meant to be just like that in the very beginning, but the whole concept got discarded.

http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/grand-theft-auto-5/797673-gta-5-cut-content-what-didnt-make-final-game-2.html

Pequod_

-snip-

sh*t, look at this!

nM0ojCP_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Hurts to see what could've been. Players undoubtedly would've complained that the desert is too empty, lol.

You could also play music from the phone apparently.

Lots of interesting vehicles too:

RC vehicles

Motorized motherf*cking skateboards

Rollerskates

Combine harvester

Hydrofoil

SX R (RX 7 perhaps?)

Oh and rideable horses.

Edited by Pequod_

Mexicola9302

Sold 3 large warehouses and one week later there was a 25% bonus same happened with hangar sold last week and now double bonus...

Well at least there is a biker bonus too.

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

People really need to read the OP, or at least a comment or two first. lmao!

I think they wasted a gameplay opportunity (and a business one) during the heist update. I remember me and my friends preparing for the update, by collecting the best looking heist vehicles: vans, blacked out trucks, sleeper cars and so on. But it didn't really matter anyway since you can each use your flashy super cars in them.

This was something expected anywhere, but I think it would have been better to have purchased a required inconspicuous vehicle for the team instead of having a setup price. It would have gave some vehicle classes a better use and a reason to own. That's just my thoughts anyway.

Voodoo-Hendrix

R* missed a big opportunity to connect all mayor DLCs with a overarching narrative, like for example, locking the ability to buy a Bunker until you actually met Agent 14 on either Prison Break or Humane Labs Heist.

Same with Hangars and Ron (Series A Heist).

Also R* could have bothered with keeping some sort of continuity with Gunrunning being set in 2017 with some little details like removing Ortega's trailer that got destroyed on "Mr. Phillips" and putting the Cargo Plane wreck under the Alamo Sea from "Minor Turbulence".

Edited by Voodoo-Hendrix

Volganor

R* missed a big opportunity to connect all mayor DLCs with a overarching narrative, like for example, locking the ability to buy a Bunker until you actually met Agent 14 on either Prison Break or Humane Labs Heist.

Same with Hangars and Ron (Series A Heist).

I've mentioned this before and you're right on the money.

While a loose narrative can be woven from the DLCs we got so far - a ragtag influx of two-bit criminals who arrive in a whole new city, have a beach party after a month of killing themselves and working for gang leaders, psychopaths and mob bosses, go on a very lucrative set of high paying Heists, expand to CEOs and other line of businesses, and ultimately help save the world - I feel like every single big time DLC we had so far could have followed the line of Heists, Lowrider missions and Doomsday and have a better fleshed out narrative with the supply runs being their own missions and a huge payoff for the crew that participated in the end.

That's an area where I feel Rockstar failed a lot. Instead of concentrating on a bare bones set of repeating missions seen in disjointed forms between supplying, selling, Special Vehicle and MOC missions, could have instead on a carefully constructed and better realised storyline.

Something else that could have been made instead, was to allow the supply missions to be selectable in the jobs menu for a fixed payout. That payout could even be as small as contact jobs'. The reason why I suggest this is because there are specific resupply missions that are genuinely fun, especially in Gunrunning and Smuggler's Run, but come from a random pool of others that aren't as good.

Edited by Volganor

DoxerWhite

For me the lack of Valkyrie liveries when put into your Hangar was one of the biggest missed opportunities ever made in the SR dlc. That and the option to change colors on your Swift. And the non-disappearing yellow line from the Annihilator. What a waste of space they became in your hangar once you realize that...

johnpolo

- We almost got a beautiful SW (Streiter)

Yeah, I was gutted when I realised the ones featured on this Forum were Mods. Sold that fu*ker in less than an hour.

Some of the festive clothing could have been tremendous if a bit more thought had been put into it. The gingerbread body suit was really sexy, totally showed off my curves but I hated the fact that it covered my face. Remove the ski mask and vary the colours and it could have been a gorgeous body stocking.

Would totally love to see those curves. ; )

Kiethblacklion

A missed opportunity: Allowing players to choose where to put the clan emblem on their vehicles. I have some vehicles where the emblem would look better on the hood but the game automatically places them on the door. Plus, it would be nice to put the emblem on our aircraft.

I think all vehicles should have access to liveries. Maybe not ones specific to each vehicle, but basically an over all shop of liveries (like with tattoos) that you can choose from that can go on any car.

Volganor

Ah, I got a couple of other ones.

Starting with the old high-end apartments. Gods know why that gun locker-like thing in the planning rooms isn't actually a working one. It's a shame that we are charged a premium for those in offices, clubhouses, MOCs, etc. Not to mention how limited those actually are in functionality by not allowing you to create more than one loadout or having any effect on missions and Heists.

An elevator ride down to your garage and you immediately notice the workshop behind glass doors that also hasn't got any use. One of the first things we literally see when firing the game up for the first time is a mechanic working on cars inside high-end apartment garages, and it's obvious that Johnny is under our command so nothing is stopping him from working in our own homes.

Continuing on badly used workshops: for some reason, you seem to only be able to use the one inside your office if the car in question is already stored in a garage there. Why not simply drive it inside, no matter from which garage it came from?

It's a shame that vehicle warehouses don't work as spawn points, and neither does the MOC. It would be great to have that actually work like a mobile home and be able to spawn wherever you want to on the map, just as long as you can reach it.

Finally, it's a shame that both its and the Avenger's workshop don't work for normal vehicles...

Edited by Volganor