2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

sudon't

How to Sell in a Full Lobby

Ghoffman9

I typically never ask my friends cause I know how much of a waste of time it is for those who help. You make more grinding contact missions and without having to always look over your shoulder for an Akula creeping around or something.

Rockstar claims they want people to work together, but contradict themselves by giving prospects and associates such a sh*t pay. The reality of the situation is that they don't want players earning a profit working for another CEO/President, they want everyone to instead become their own CEO/President (and spending millions) and yet too f*cking stupid to realize exactly why they see organizations with just the CEO or President in it all the time.

If you want players to work together, make working for a CEO/President actually worth it.

Due to their greed it just goes right over their head.

giphy.gif

Picklez

^I only source in poplulated public sessions. More fun for me.

It really is.
True Story

:) I Chang

Ok but do you actually Chang though?

Happy Hunter

See, you can often tell very quickly if somewhere is a sh*thole that you just don't want to bother selling cargo in. (See the edgy names at the bottom of the list).

wv0cskg.jpg

Granted, those players were probably really dumb, and not clever enough to leave a mine at a delivery point, or anything like that - but they could easily mess up a sale with the orbital cannon, or a jet (and you can tell they'd be flickering in and out of passive mode too).

I don't mind messing around with those people, popping out of stealth mode in an Akula every now and then to kill and taunt them. But selling in a session like that? Yeah, I think I'll move on lol. And I did. Next one only had one tryhard-looking player, so while it was a risk, it wasn't that hard to manage.

Edited by Happy Hunter

Hécate-II

Nice lobby full of tryhards you got there.

Dr.Rosenthal

I typically never ask my friends cause I know how much of a waste of time it is for those who help. You make more grinding contact missions and without having to always look over your shoulder for an Akula creeping around or something.

Rockstar claims they want people to work together, but contradict themselves by giving prospects and associates such a sh*t pay. The reality of the situation is that they don't want players earning a profit working for another CEO/President, they want everyone to instead become their own CEO/President (and spending millions) and yet too f*cking stupid to realize exactly why they see organizations with just the CEO or President in it all the time.

If you want players to work together, make working for a CEO/President actually worth it.

giphy.gif

Agreed, the payouts for associates after sales should be better. In fact maybe the CEO should be able to share 50 % among associates if he wants to, or something along those lines..

And also, yes, associates dont make much money initially, but if you stay with the same CEO and that CEO doesnt die, an associate can make up to 20k as salary each 20 min, which actually isnt too bad, especially combined with VIP work. But combined with a cut from sales it would be perfect and appeal to more players.. also maybe behaviour would improve if you knew you could make more money while helping the CEO.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

And also, yes, associates dont make much money initially, but if you stay with the same CEO and that CEO doesnt die, an associate can make up to 20k as salary each 20 min, which actually isnt too bad, especially combined with VIP work. But combined with a cut from sales it would be perfect and appeal to more players.. also maybe behaviour would improve if you knew you could make more money while helping the CEO.

It's 10k max every 12 minutes. 20k is on double money events.

But then there's also the argument that why should an employee get any kind of cut from a CEO when that's not how it works in the real world? Also bear in mind that the CEO doesn't pay the 10k every 12 minutes, securoserve do. Also, the CEO had to put up front the capital to start up and all of the risk is on the CEO.

Giving the option to alter bonuses etc. would cause problems for those who understand how the CEO business is supposed to work. I would not give any bonus to any random associate, this would cause behaviour to become worse. I would not give a bonus to friends either until the investment had paid for itself and if the sale deserved a bonus.

Each to their own but I can see adding the ability to change pay for sales causing the same issues you get with heists (i.e. the dick who gets to the end of pac standard and blows up the boat because he wanted 25%)

Black-Dragon96

^Well then just raise the salary to 25k. Thats max 100k per ingame day (every 48 min). That would make it worth to be an associate while "keeping the balance".

Edited by Black-Dragon96

Picklez

See, you can often tell very quickly if somewhere is a sh*thole that you just don't want to bother selling cargo in. (See the edgy names at the bottom of the list).

wv0cskg.jpg

Granted, those players were probably really dumb, and not clever enough to leave a mine at a delivery point, or anything like that - but they could easily mess up a sale with the orbital cannon, or a jet (and you can tell they'd be flickering in and out of passive mode too).

I don't mind messing around with those people, popping out of stealth mode in an Akula every now and then to kill and taunt them. But selling in a session like that? Yeah, I think I'll move on lol. And I did. Next one only had one tryhard-looking player, so while it was a risk, it wasn't that hard to manage.

*x GO1NGGHO5T x has activated Ghost Organization

Voodoo-Hendrix

It's 10k max every 12 minutes. 20k is on double money events.

But then there's also the argument that why should an employee get any kind of cut from a CEO when that's not how it works in the real world? Also bear in mind that the CEO doesn't pay the 10k every 12 minutes, securoserve do. Also, the CEO had to put up front the capital to start up and all of the risk is on the CEO.

Why a videogame should emulate the unfair and boring aspects from real life?

Here's a video from 2016, the same year Finance and Felony got released with a simple yet effective solution: pay the Associates for every completed buy mission in addition to the standard Securoserv payment every 15 minutes, this video is where I got the same idea that I have previously mentioned in other threads.

[Youtube]

^Well then just raise the salary to 25k. Thats max 100k per ingame day (every 48 min). That would make it worth to be an associate while "keeping the balance".

I'd need to run the calculations, which I presume you haven't done, in order to determine if it would/could be considered balanced at $25k max pay.

However, there's little point in telling me to raise it to 25k, I don't set the rates.

Why a videogame should emulate the unfair and boring aspects from real life?

Here's a video from 2016, the same year Finance and Felony got released with a simple yet effective solution: pay the Associates for every completed buy mission in addition to the standard Securoserv payment every 15 minutes, this video is where I got the same idea that I have previously mentioned in other threads.

Why shouldn't they? However unfair is a bit far fetched, isn't it?

I don't disagree entirely with that idea however can see it leading to problems if that payment is adjustable by the CEO.

Hécate-II

But a lot of peoples just want slaves anyway, and will always complain about Associate performances...

I would have liked some PvE and PvP killing multipliers: the more the Associate kills players and NPCs during missions the more he gets paid(added to the horary payout which wouldn't be capped anymore to 10k/12min.)

This would motivate peoples I think.

Bruce Khansey

I like to take a chance and sell solo in a full lobby. It also feels rewarding, it's a game afterall.

Yep, back to selling in full lobbies, it's a lot more rewarding than selling in empty ones.

Personally, I've had very few problems selling in full lobbies. I've had more problems selling in half full lobbies than full ones.

It's certainly not as difficult to do than it's made out to be, even if rolling solo.

It's good fun to help a friend sell in a full lobby too, especially if you have the cool toys to play with. Nothing looks more menacing than a turreted insurgent rolling down the road with a convoy of overpowered toys surrounding it. If an orbital strike gets us, so be it. Someone spent $500-750k to take us out, that's one hell of a compliment in my book.

wehweh01

Welp back to doing Doomsday heist glitch and getting millions everyday. I'm done with deliveries. Money problems over. Only time for FREEAIM deathmatches and everything in between.

giphy.gif

DentureDynamite

IMO Rockstar knows only too well how little you make as a CEO Associate, but they like to "keep up appearances" on the PR end, making things with GTA Online look as peachy keen as it really isn't.

"Bucket Bouquet residence, Rockstar devs of the house speaking."

And I'm sure Onslow would have a few choice words to say about that. lol

Edited by DentureDynamite

sudon't

I have enough friends but my 105 successful solo bunker sales says that what you say is just bullcrap.. I always sell in as crowded lobbies as possible to get as much high demand bonus as I can and I've only had 1 and a half sell missions blown up

That’s great dude! You should tell all these people who are afraid of full lobbies how you do it. That would make a great post. Personally, I think it’s better to have more people, but if you’ve found a way to make it work with fewer, you should share it.

Yes, having crew mates or friends is ideal but not everyone has the exact same playing schedule or the inclination to play strictly towards your needs with their limited free time.

That’s why I said you need a lot of friends. To quote my own post: "The more friends you have, the more likely someone will be online when you are”. Also, as I mentioned, and which ought to be implied, the idea is that you also help your friends, in turn. They probably have sales they’d like help with, too.

Stop quoting the OP please. Don't need to reread that novel everytime we check the topic.

Or at least learn how to use Select and Delete. It is a computer.

I do apologize to younger readers for the length of the original post. I came up in an earlier, more literate time. It wouldn’t hurt some people to reread it, though.

What if my friends don't want to help me sell? 90% of my friends prefer that I sell stuff as a one-man army and still be completely swarmed by douchebags who takes a serious delight in destroying crates, cars, shipments, etc. because they don't care, they do whatever they want, going as far as to unleash Orbital Cannon shots just to feed on pain and misery.

And even the "friends" I have end up intentionally destroying my shipments because they think its "fun".

Those are not friends. Friends are people that you like, and who like you back. Unfriend those immature dickwads, and get some new ones.

Well, as I said, it’s not a waste of time for your friends, because you’re gonna turn around and help them do their sale, right? That’s the real payoff, not the chump-change they make as associates. And if you feel like you can’t ask your friends to help you without paying them off, maybe you, too, need some new friends?

Edited by sudon't

KWF1981

^ He's funny, I'll give him that, lol.

Ghoffman9

Well, as I said, it’s not a waste of time for your friends, because you’re gonna turn around and help them do their sale, right? That’s the real payoff, not the chump-change they make as associates. And if you feel like you can’t ask your friends to help you without paying them off, maybe you, too, need some new friends?

Tell me, do players running heists constantly have to switch hosts for everyone to make good money? Everyone makes good money regardless. Why must friends do this here?

Friends should not have to play leap frog with being CEO/President for everyone to make good money. They only pay us so little cause they want everyone to spend the millions becoming CEOs and Presidents themselves. In their greed, they don't care if this whole setup discourages working as an associate or prospect.

The freeroam buisness stuff is a chore, where only one player at a time can actually make any profit.

Heists reward everyone involved with good money at the same time for doing actually fun activities. Should it be any surprise why people line up to do the latter and not the former?

sudon't

Solo players are easy to victimize in this game

Not always lol. Obviously you need a little common sense - if there's a group of tryhards on your back then you don't burden yourself with having to protect a cargo sale. You get your sales done early, or in other sessions where you haven't alienated anyone.

Without cargo to protect, a solo player is a lot harder to victimize. The odds will be against me if there's a group of tryhards, but they regularly get outsmarted. They're predictable.

tryhards have no friends.

Also not always true. I often see them in packs.

Overall, some cargo things aren't viable in a public session. Biker business cargo and old crate cargo - both can be locked onto by missiles, making them vulnerable even to the meme-mobiles. Plus with crates, the stakes get way too high. For those, I use empty sessions.

Bunker cargo - I've made a lot off that solo. Just buy supplies; once they're used up start a sale. Have a little initiative. Don't start a sale just after you've p*ssed someone off - or if you p*ssed off anyone in that session at some point. If there's a jet flying around killing everyone, it's safest to find another session (you could take him down, but then you'll hurt his ego and he'll try destroy your cargo). Or a barcode sitting in his facility - these kind of things mean a session isn't a good place to sell.

Vehicle cargo - same as above.

The stuff I follow is really stuff a group of players would have to follow too. Unless you had about 20 people guarding you, then you don't want to sell in a session you've made enemies in. All it takes is one orbital strike, one deviously-placed proximity mine, one Akula, or one off radar guy in a jet who doesn't mind if he goes down with his jet (all he has to do is rush in and destroy a slow cargo vehicle; doesn't matter if he's taken down afterwards, the damage is done).

TL;DR: Lay low, keep your head down, use some common sense. If the cargo matters to you and you can't afford to lose it, then do it solo, since it's impossible to 100% ensure the safety of cargo - unless at least half the session is friends with you. Even then - technically all it takes is for one guy to have had a devious enough mind to put a proxy at a delivery point, that kind of thing.

I guess I’m just not that worried about the money. I suppose, in a way, we’re really using the sale to generate some action. If some cargo gets destroyed, it ain’t gonna kill me. And, in fact, it has happened. It’s part of the game. I only do the bunker and the coke, and only purchase supplies, so I have no sweat equity in the cargo. Since I don't do any actual grinding, maybe it’s easier for me to let go of it? If people are so worried about losing cargo all the time, maybe they’d be better off making money with Heists? There, you only have to deal with the NPCs, which is way easier than actual humans who, as you note, can be very devious.

I’m generalizing a bit, of course, about solo player and tryhards. But more often than not, griefers and tryhards are solo players, and for that reason, easy for a crew to deal with. These types are usually looking for easy targets, and they often leave the lobby once they realize what they’re up against.

People can do things the way they want, of course. But, based on the complaints I hear, over and over, people are not enjoying it. I’m trying to offer a way that I think is a lot more fun. Believe me, I’ve done stuff in empty lobbies, too. I found it to be boring, and I thought it was kinda cowardly. We’ve done it sort of the opposite way, too - grief almost everyone out of a lobby, then do the sale. But I think it’s a lot more fun and exciting the way I outlined. And if you have that many people, why be afraid? It took me a while to convince my friends to try it like this, but once they did, they all loved it.

Tell me, do players running heists constantly have to switch hosts for everyone to make good money?

Yes, yes they do. Rotating the host on pacific standard job is a fundamental part of grinding it with a decent crew - the leader does not get paid for setups. Sure, you could just have one leader but when the final cut is variable depending on the players it makes more sense to rotate and earn the $500k average per hour that way.

kenmy13999

Tell me, do players running heists constantly have to switch hosts for everyone to make good money?

Yes, yes they do. Rotating the host on pacific standard job is a fundamental part of grinding it with a decent crew - the leader does not get paid for setups. Sure, you could just have one leader but when the final cut is variable depending on the players it makes more sense to rotate and earn the $500k average per hour that way.Best way to grind pac standard is host take 0% co-host get 50% and the other gets 25% each

Ghoffman9

That may be for someone that can run it several times a day, but not everyone has that kind of time, especially a group of people with differing schedules with differing amounts of time they can dedicate to playing every day.

The standard 40% - 55% for host and 15% - 20% for others nearly evens out when you factor in what the others are paid for each setup so I never felt the need. Most I ever ran in one sitting was two runs in one day.

What you do is more applicable for those who have several hours to run a heist several times a day.

Mister_Incredible92

For me, I just sell my I/E cars without ghost org or off the radar in a full, fully assisted aim lobby and never had any problems getting that done. Why? because every else is playing tryhard by stroking their precious pointless K/D and wasting money while i'm probably the only one making cash.

I actually think this is better than doing it in a solo lobby where you have to deal with those AI blue sultans who have perfect shooting accuracy.

Yes, yes they do. Rotating the host on pacific standard job is a fundamental part of grinding it with a decent crew - the leader does not get paid for setups. Sure, you could just have one leader but when the final cut is variable depending on the players it makes more sense to rotate and earn the $500k average per hour that way.

Best way to grind pac standard is host take 0% co-host get 50% and the other gets 25% each

If you glitch it to replay the finale (which I presume you do from the whole host/co-host thing) then, really, I have no interest in discussing with you. Why not just use other dupe glitches etc.? (That's rhetorical, I don't care why not).

If fairness all around and without glitching etc. then cycle the host between the four of you with the default payout on the finale and it works out as fair as possible taking in to account the cost to set up, the lack of pay throughout sales and the losses on the finale for the host.

Either way, it's irrelevant. My point still stands. People switch hosts to make good money if playing heists. Even if done your way.

Mister_Incredible92

For me, I just sell my I/E cars without ghost org or off the radar in a full, fully assisted aim lobby and never had any problems getting that done. Why? because every else is playing tryhard by stroking their precious pointless K/D and wasting money while i'm probably the only one making cash.

I actually think this is better than doing it in a solo lobby where you have to deal with those AI blue sultans who have perfect shooting accuracy.

In addition, i just look at it as "free-money" whenever i do I/E missions.

ronbonjovi

What is the actual % or cut associates make for helping with a gun running delivery? I dropped one off for 350k in Los Santos and my associates made 55k. First time I actually used help to deliver and was surprised they even made anything.

DentureDynamite

I have to say--in most cases (though not all), using the Cargobob gets around the Blue Sultan AI BS quite nicely. Kudos to flexcreator for his helpful vids!

And I have to laugh at how I get a notification still telling me to "Boost off the ramp and through the ring to perform the stunt correctly and avoid raising any suspicion." (screenshot below) while I'm long gone already with the car in tow... just drop in, collect car, and off you go!

ie_cargobob_note.png

Edited by DentureDynamite

BOOGIEMAN219

I just take the risk and go for it in full lobbies solo, I do leave if its full of jets and flying cars/bikes however. I did public solo until i got "on my feet" but its definately like you said going through the motions.

Aznknight

Oh look someone who makes fun of players who don't play the way he wants them to play because it's harder to grief them.

E-peen post alert.

Jimmy

Its always better to be with a crew who knows their wah around such lobbies dedicated to sales. Public lobbies are full of sketchy users. I think it's better to not be solo unless you're experienced in the process.