2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

sudon't

How to Sell in a Full Lobby

Cackling Jack

Usually find a solo session or join on a crew to get a crew friendly session. Ive had bad experience when selling cargo in full sessions. Yes its a challenge but I cant be faded dealing with sh!theads. Cower in solo sessions? Yeah mate some ppl prefer to do sh!t without ppl f*cking it up.

Edited by Cackling Jack

Gummy14

Or just join a public lobby, test your NAT type which kicks everybody out, then invite your friends.

Then you have the entire private lobby to yourself and friends

No Use For A Name

Or just join a public lobby, test your NAT type which kicks everybody out, then invite your friends.

Which console(s) does this work on?

Smooth Longsack

I only do bunker sales under our equal to $175k. I will change sessions if i get the dune fav or merryweather insurgent missions. You only lose $7k for not completing the mission. The rest of your product remains. OTR the first thirty seconds and ghost org the following three minutes for the most safety.

I also do I/E sales with relative impunity and pepper in some vip jobs. All this in combination with the new heist leaves me safe and wealthy.

Mexicola9302

It all depends on the sale missions if you get duffelbags or phantom wedges, insurgents, single big truck it`s okay to sell it in full public sessions, but if you get the boxvilles or trashmasters or dune favs it`s all a bit tricky. Boats and planes are okay too but you need airsupport if you get the dodos. I never been attacked on a boat yet. I would never under any circumstance sell a large warehouse in a full public session.

Voodoo-Hendrix

Which console(s) does this work on?

Xbox One if I'm not mistaken.

A similar method on PS4 got patched with the Gunrunning update.

Picklez

How to sell in a full lobby.

rdK2Mpe.jpg?1

That’s why R* placed these businesses in Freemode - to make them challenging.

You poor naive child.

mcgroin

We kept moving, not minding our own business, but griefing everyone in our path, picking a fight with anyone and everyone within range.

I'm not sure the all out aggression approach is particularly advisable in the era of the Orbital Canon. (Or the Akula. Or the Hydra with Ghost Org.) You appear to have been in a lobby that lacked any initiative or underhandedness.

AWACS-SkyEye

Shorter guide: make $175k or less of gunrunning product. Go to full lobby. Sell. Get attacked? Change lobby.

You'll get attacked... 20% of the time or less? People worry about it way too much.

Rashkovskys Shiv

I only do bunker sales under our equal to $175k. I will change sessions if i get the dune fav or merryweather insurgent missions. You only lose $7k for not completing the mission. The rest of your product remains. OTR the first thirty seconds and ghost org the following three minutes for the most safety.

I also do I/E sales with relative impunity and pepper in some vip jobs. All this in combination with the new heist leaves me safe and wealthy.

Close enough,

Personally I sell my bunker in full lobbies

You get 1% bonus per player in your lobby at the time of sale.

Full bunker plus 30 players gives you extra 300k

Ghoffman9

The grind is boring regardless of enemy players being present or not. Enemy players just determine if that long boring slog is going to be an even longer more boring slog.

Grinding is not fun, it was never meant to be, alone as well as with friends, as its designed by most developers to test the patience of consumers into giving them more money.

If it was something actually fun to do, people would not be rushing off to buy their shark cards now would they? They make the gameplay a mind numbing slog, and then try to incentivize you to give them money to skip that mind numbing slog.

That is always the direct consequence of micro-transactions, developers trying to make player progression boring and a chore to chug through instead of fun.

If I spent the past eight hours playing crate fetching simulator, I intend to have results, nothing else is an option. I will not subjugate myself to that slog to come out empty handed.

The whole PvP aspect of this is just a means of trying to frustrate players further, trying to push them ever closer to the micro-transaction menu.

Edited by Ghoffman9

Big Muse

Shhhhh, we want 'em IN the occupied lobbies to kick around a spell! Not only are the salty texts a blast, the fun even continues on here with their desperate, constant lobbying for assurance of having the moral high ground for how they, and only they choose to play!

giphy.gif

sudon't

The grind is boring regardless of enemy players being present or not. Enemy players just determine if that long boring slog is going to be an even longer more boring slog.

Grinding is not fun, it was never meant to be, alone as well as with friends, as its designed by most developers to test the patience of consumers into giving them more money.

If it was something actually fun to do, people would not be rushing off to buy their shark cards now would they? They make the gameplay a mind numbing slog, and then try to incentivize you to give them money to skip that mind numbing slog.

That is always the direct consequence of micro-transactions, developers trying to make player progression boring and a chore to chug through instead of fun.

If I spent the past eight hours playing crate fetching simulator, I intend to have results, nothing else is an option. I will not subjugate myself to that slog to come out empty handed.

The whole PvP aspect of this is just a means of trying to frustrate players further, trying to push them ever closer to the micro-transaction menu.

So, if you don’t enjoy the grind, and you don’t enjoy PvP, what do you enjoy about the game? And if you don’t enjoy grinding, why do you do it at all?

Chang

I hear you OP.

I'll rob a store, send everyone in session 5% of take.

Wait for replys.

If it's "I don't need ur stinking money Noob!!" You know ur dealings with muppets.

If it's "thanks!" Or "lol $58" or "Nice" You got a decent chance for a sale, ALSO can follow up with "help on sale?"

Gotten help just by doing this simple gesture, even got to the end of Act3 this way and new accomplices for future works.

100% Legit or Die

:) I Chang

dino722

^im gonna try this haha.

Voodoo-Hendrix

So, if you dont enjoy the grind, and you dont enjoy PvP, what do you enjoy about the game? And if you dont enjoy grinding, why do you do it at all?

I dunno, the cars? The races? The community created jobs? The crews? Unnoficial events like car meets? Photography? Machinimas? This game can be so much more than endless grinding and PvP, you know?

Also, when most of the new content that R* adds to the game is behind massive pricetags and paywalls, well, it's not surprising than the players focus so much on grinding instead of just playing the game.

Ghoffman9

So, if you don’t enjoy the grind, and you don’t enjoy PvP, what do you enjoy about the game? And if you don’t enjoy grinding, why do you do it at all?

So I can actually do fun stuff with the things I grinded to get.

When I want to have fun I:

1. Play Deathmatches and Adversary modes, and some miscellaneous activities made by players like that donkey Kong thing players got going on.

2. Participate in races

3. Play contact missions and help lowbies from time to time

4. Just screwing around in freeroam in general. One thing I did for fun while we still had snow last year was get my Blazer Aqua, took it up big hills, retracted the wheels and used it as a kind of sled.

People do freeroam business stuff not to have fun, but to make money because its one of the most efficient ways to obtain it despite how mind numbingly dull it is, but if you wish to buy some fancy item without having to shell out literally hundreds of dollars to the greedy Strauss Zeldick, thats what you have to do.

Like seriously, what entertainment is there to be had repeating the same 4 - 5 missions fetching crates for hours on end for example? You must be very easy to entertain if you do.

Edited by Ghoffman9

Happy Hunter

Solo players are easy to victimize in this game

Not always lol. Obviously you need a little common sense - if there's a group of tryhards on your back then you don't burden yourself with having to protect a cargo sale. You get your sales done early, or in other sessions where you haven't alienated anyone.

Without cargo to protect, a solo player is a lot harder to victimize. The odds will be against me if there's a group of tryhards, but they regularly get outsmarted. They're predictable.

tryhards have no friends.

Also not always true. I often see them in packs.

Overall, some cargo things aren't viable in a public session. Biker business cargo and old crate cargo - both can be locked onto by missiles, making them vulnerable even to the meme-mobiles. Plus with crates, the stakes get way too high. For those, I use empty sessions.

Bunker cargo - I've made a lot off that solo. Just buy supplies; once they're used up start a sale. Have a little initiative. Don't start a sale just after you've p*ssed someone off - or if you p*ssed off anyone in that session at some point. If there's a jet flying around killing everyone, it's safest to find another session (you could take him down, but then you'll hurt his ego and he'll try destroy your cargo). Or a barcode sitting in his facility - these kind of things mean a session isn't a good place to sell.

Vehicle cargo - same as above.

The stuff I follow is really stuff a group of players would have to follow too. Unless you had about 20 people guarding you, then you don't want to sell in a session you've made enemies in. All it takes is one orbital strike, one deviously-placed proximity mine, one Akula, or one off radar guy in a jet who doesn't mind if he goes down with his jet (all he has to do is rush in and destroy a slow cargo vehicle; doesn't matter if he's taken down afterwards, the damage is done).

TL;DR: Lay low, keep your head down, use some common sense. If the cargo matters to you and you can't afford to lose it, then do it solo, since it's impossible to 100% ensure the safety of cargo - unless at least half the session is friends with you. Even then - technically all it takes is for one guy to have had a devious enough mind to put a proxy at a delivery point, that kind of thing.

Edited by Happy Hunter

Hellbendzor

I have three main reasons to NOT play the game 'like it's intended':

Time needed to fill up warehouse/invested supply-money/time in facilities

The neverending 'unintended' griefing modmenus...

The intended orbital cannon...

I could also write up an essay on my other reasons why, but that pretty much covers all angles..

Bottomline: Do whatever the F, you wanna do, mate... (and let others do the same) :-)

Hécate-II

I've +260 Special Cargo sales because back in 2016 when I started playing I kept selling 9 crates max in order to get a single vehicle. Half of the time it wasn't even necessary to Ghost Org. I made a little more than 5 Mio this way, without knowing anything about the game(lvl 20...), but Hunter's Lone Wolf guide about Special Cargo :-).

Sanches

While selling in full lobby instead of empty, game feels a lot different.
Me and my friend are selling in populated lobbies. He says that he wants to feel that risk (very fair and balanced risk) and im ok with that. Because it's him risking his money, not me. I don't even sell anything.

Edited by Sanches

dino722

Op has opened the gtaf lone wolf pandora box!!!

O source in full lobbys, I sell in less crowded sessions with crew members or friends...solo is boring.

SneakERommel

How to sell in a full lobby.

rdK2Mpe.jpg?1

Thats why R* placed these businesses in Freemode - to make them challenging.

You poor naive child.

Yeah, someone needs to have their head forcibly removed from ones A$$.

whywontyoulisten

I “berated” them for just going through the motions, without playing the game. You can grab a football and run to the goal posts, but if there’s no one on the field to try and stop you, are you really playing football?

When the football is worth $2.2million, has cost me $666k to buy, and took a week to stitch together, then all the other players charging towards me with sharp objects can go take a running jump. Grinding businesses is enough of a chore without some monkey-faced child in a meme mobile obliterating all my work with one click. If that's the kind of challenge you like, then fair enough, but don't mock the people out there who aren't into masochism.

Edited by whywontyoulisten

Black-Dragon96

So, if you dont enjoy the grind, and you dont enjoy PvP, what do you enjoy about the game?

Racing, deathmatches, the few god adversery modes, driving/flying around in freemode, carmeets with friends or randoms, doing gang attacks, missions, VIP work, biker contracts, golf, tennis, darts, that ceo office tv game, just to name a few.

And if you dont enjoy grinding, why do you do it at all?

$.

That beeing said I stoped my grinding times about 3 months ago just at the end of smugglers run. Everything except my Bunker is shut down and that one only hets resupplyed when I feel like it.

Foreverpast

In short, it all comes down to the competence of the players whom are planning to be disruptive.

It doesn't matter how well coordinated your CEO group & friends are, one lone player with the right assets can completely destroy you sale.

So yeah nice concept/guide, however it only applies to scenarios where griefers either don't know how to be 100% effective, or simply don't have the assets to.

sudon't

So, if you dont enjoy the grind, and you dont enjoy PvP, what do you enjoy about the game? And if you dont enjoy grinding, why do you do it at all?

I dunno, the cars? The races? The community created jobs? The crews? Unnoficial events like car meets? Photography? Machinimas? This game can be so much more than endless grinding and PvP, you know?

Also, when most of the new content that R* adds to the game is behind massive pricetags and paywalls, well, it's not surprising than the players focus so much on grinding instead of just playing the game.

Well, I agree with you, but the guy I was asking just told me he spends, or spent, eight hours shagging crates in an empty lobby. That sounds like the kind of video game you’d be forced to play in Hell, lol. If you’re not into what happens in Freemode, (which I totally get - I used to hate it myself), why are you wasting your time in it? You can be doing those things you enjoy, getting paid all the while, and not grinding in Freemode. We got by for four years without the Freemode businesses. You don’t need that much money if you’re not buying Bunkers and expensive air vehicles, items which are really only useful for Freemode griefing and grinding. A game should be for playing, for enjoyment. It seems to me that many are not having fun.

I “berated” them for just going through the motions, without playing the game. You can grab a football and run to the goal posts, but if there’s no one on the field to try and stop you, are you really playing football?

When the football is worth $2.2million, has cost me $666k to buy, and took a week to stitch together, then all the other players charging towards me with sharp objects can go take a running jump. Grinding businesses is enough of a chore without some monkey-faced child in a meme mobile obliterating all my work with one click. If that's the kind of challenge you like, then fair enough, but don't mock the people out there who aren't into masochism.

Look, we all get that playing anything unopposed is easier. I made this post for people who want to try to have a little more fun, who enjoy a challenge, and want to go at it head-on. If you’re satisfied with the way you’re doing it, (and I wonder about that, because people get awful defensive on the topic), then mazel tov.

Ghoffman9

Well, I agree with you, but the guy I was asking just told me he spends, or spent, eight hours shagging crates in an empty lobby. That sounds like the kind of video game you’d be forced to play in Hell, lol. If you’re not into what happens in Freemode, (which I totally get - I used to hate it myself), why are you wasting your time in it? You can be doing those things you enjoy, getting paid all the while, and not grinding in Freemode. We got by for four years without the Freemode businesses. You don’t need that much money if you’re not buying Bunkers and expensive air vehicles, items which are really only useful for Freemode griefing and grinding. A game should be for playing, for enjoyment. It seems to me that many are not having fun.

Well both he and myself already explained why, make of it what you will. The crates are a means to an end. Nobody enjoys doing that stuff, why do you think the Doomsday update caused the biggest spike of player engagement in years? Fetch quests are not fun, period, and with the freeroam business stuff its a great big fetch quest simulator.

I just hope Doomsday sends a message to Rockstar that people are sick to death of fetch quest simulator 2014 - 2017 and give us actual content, something that entails more than just going to a location to fetch something to bring back to base, and repeating the process another two thousand times.

TyrionV

I don’t think you need to worry about the Orbital Strike when doing a sale.

I was doing Gunrunning in the Dune where I was to delver 5 crates. I was killed by the orbital but the dune and crates were unscathed. I respawned a few yards away and continued to complete the sale.

I like to think the guy was pissed that he spent to much on distracting me for around 10 seconds!

kenmy13999

Anytime someone asks for advice about selling in Freemode, people will inevitably come back with their tricks for getting an empty lobby, and they all seem to think theyre clever. To me, this seems like a joyless way to grind, basically going through the motions, and frankly, sad and pathetic. Why are you stacking up money if you dont even want to play the game? Why are you even playing GTA? Yes, Im being rhetorical. Im really not interested in your rationalizations for trying to play a multi-player game solo. Believe me, Ive heard them, because its always the solo players complaining about this game. Well, duh, its not a single-player game.

For everyone else, if you want to get the most out of this game, if you want more from GTA than to make the number representing your imaginary bank account bigger, or to fill pixel garages with pixel vehicles, in short, if youre here for the gameplay, you need to cultivate friends in the game. Everything you do in Online requires the assistance of others, even if only to have enough players to start a mission. This is especially true when trying to do business in Freemode. Freemode is rough. It always has been. Thats why R* placed these businesses in Freemode - to make them challenging. The reason these douchebags come along and destroy your supplies when youre just minding your own business is because thats whats supposed to happen. Kid yourself all you want, but it is happening. This is the game.

TL;DR: You need more friends.

This means you need to defend yourself, and defend your cargo, especially when doing the sale. For this, you need friends. Lots of them. The more friends you have, the more likely someone will be online when you are. As you play the game over months and years, eventually all these friends you've made will condense into a crew of regulars - people you like, and who you play with all the time. Solo players are easy to victimize in this game, but if youre rolling with crew of a half-dozen players, not so much. This alone will give you a huge advantage over tryhards, because tryhards have no friends. Youll be able to use vehicles that require more than one player to use to their full potential. And you wont have to cower in empty lobbies.

If you dont have enough friends, youre not ready to do business in Freemode. If you can only muster the three or four drivers, the bare minimum number of players, youre just ripe for the picking. Especially if you dont have the sense to exit the vehicles and fight off an attack. Believe me, I see it all the time. They just keep driving as if, IDK, the attacker is going to go away. To do a successful sale, you need three or four drivers and some air-support. You need at least one good pilot in a Hydra who can take out anyone who approaches the convoy. The Hydra can hover, which makes it easy to stay near the much slower-moving convoy, and he can also strike out, and pick off anyone before they get close to the cargo. But, if everyone has different checkpoints, you need more, right? One guy cant cover everybody, and he might even get shot down. I would never start a sale without at least six people. You also want to plan in advance, and make sure everyone understands their roles, and what to do if attacked. Look at the map before starting out. See what lies in your path, and whether you might want to reroute. Then have someone always watching the map. See what vehicles are on the map that might present a threat. Plan on taking them out. Pay attention when someone ghosts or goes off-radar. Assume theyre coming for you, and watch the sky.

Last night, there were eight of us in a full lobby. There were three enemy jets in the sky, (in GTA, if theyre not a friend, they are an enemy), and a guy griefing in a Deluxo. We were seeing a lot of kill notifications, so, all in all, a pretty aggro lobby. One of us needed to sell his bunker, so he got into Biker mode and sent us all an invite. In Biker mode, you can hire up to eight people, and players get paid more for sales, but the fact is, its not even necessary for all your friends to be in the organization to help. The real payoff is when you turn around and help them, not the chump change they get paid.

They gave us two Phantom Wedges for the sale. We had one guy in a Hydra, two fully-manned Hunters, and the drivers for the Phantom Wedges. We started off from Paleto Bay, heading down to Elysian Island. We all just hovered over the convoy, minding our own business, singing Kumbaya, and no one bothered us.

No, thats not what happened. We saw that one jet was flying around over Sandy Shores. He didnt make a move to attack us, so we had to bring the fight to him. My friend in the Hydra broke off and went to take him down. Just as this happened, we saw an orange crew with two jets heading for us from the Airport. We gained some altitude in the Hunters and moved forward to meet them. We took them down near Fort Zancudo, so we left one Hunter behind to spawn-kill them for a while so they couldnt get into another jet. Meanwhile, a Deluxo shows up on the edge of the map, heading our way. As my pilot kept him busy with Homing Missiles, I took him out with the explosive cannon. We kept moving, not minding our own business, but griefing everyone in our path, picking a fight with anyone and everyone within range. The Deluxo guy then comes back with his Oppressor, and we swat him down in that, too. The poor guy kept trying each vehicle in turn, but it wasnt working out for him. As this is happening, the orange crew apparently got back to their hangar and got another jet. Our jet guy got on top of them, and managed to take both out. Then he spent some time griefing them on the ground around the Airport, in order to keep them out of their hangar.

When the sale was completed, we all got our little $30k bonuses, and then we really went to work griefing our erstwhile attackers. Later, another one of us needed to sell his coke and meth, so we all joined his organization. By now, we had plenty of pissed-off enemies in the lobby, so these two sales were just as fun as the first. Or, almost as fun. One was in boats, so we could only be attacked by air, so that was a pretty low-key affair. But had there been no air-support, they wouldve been easy targets. Any solo griefer couldve come along and easily taken out the entire shipment.

My point is, no cargo was lost over three sales in a full lobby, and we were not making any attempt to keep our heads down. This is because we had enough players to keep everyone too busy to get to the actual cargo, and it was a blast doing it! To my mind, this is a lot more fun than just driving from point A to point B. If this sounds like fun to you, too, then work on building up your friends list. Dont be too picky at first. Just look for decent people who use their mics. As I say, over time, the best ones shake out, and youll have a crew of solid friends. Nothing makes it easier to make money in this game than to have a group of reliable players to draw upon. Then, take turns helping each other out. Youll find its a lot more fun than playing with yourself.

"If you don't have enough friends you're not ready to business in freemode"..

I have enough friends but my 105 successful solo bunker sales says that what you say is just bullcrap.. I always sell in as crowded lobbies as possible to get as much high demand bonus as I can and I've only had 1 and a half sell missions blown up