2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Journey_95

If TLAD was a full game

Journey_95

How would it change and would you like that?

TLAD still has one of the best GTA stories and protagonists for me. I would have liked it if they dumped TBOGT and instead just gave TLAD ca. 20 more missions.

I would have liked to see them explore the civil war within the Lost more, that part felt rushed.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

I would have liked it if they dumped TBOGT and instead just gave TLAD ca. 20 more missions.

I agree. As much as I love TBoGT, TLAD is just so much better, and it would have been great if they just scrapped TBoGT, and spent that time developing TLAD into a fully fledged game, like they did with Vice City and they released 3.

It would have been cool to see what happened to the remaining Lost members. Maybe after killing Billy, the Clubhouse isn't burnt down, and the story could have then been about Johnny, Clay, Terry, and Angus re-building The Lost to become the most powerful biker gang in LC. It would also be cool if they could have Chapters in Algonquin and the first City what ever it's called.

Miamivicecity

I think TLAD is fine the way it is. If I was going to change anything it would be to get rid of TBOGT and have a DLC focused on the McRearies with Packie as the protagonist.

The Coconut Kid

I really enjoyed TLAD but there were always a few things that stood out to be as incomplete. Whenever I've played through the game in the past I always got to that mission with the Triads where Billy gets arrested and he's hauled away shouting that Johnny set him up. The dialogue in the immediate aftermath of that is basically an endless loop of Johnny asking Brian 'what the f*ck happened back there?' and we never actually seem to find out because Brian has no lines of dialogue in response. Did they cut something out here? The next thing we know, the game is shifting into a civil war (that lasts all of a few missions), Brian presumably begins to cooperate with the FIB agent who has been hassling Johnny all game, and we kill him (or spare him if you so choose), setting up Billy as the main antagonist. A few more missions to explain all of this throughout the later stages of the game would have been very welcome.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

In my opinion, Johnny Klebitz and Billy Grey characters should be replaced.

Bill was the real man riding biggest bike in the series.

Edited by The American Army 1775

B Dawg

In my opinion, Johnny Klebitz and Billy Grey characters should be replaced.

Bill was the real man riding biggest bike in the series.

:lol: Good joke m8 :lol:

Edited by B Dawg

GTA-Biker

I loved GTA TLAD,it's the best biker-themed video game along with Road Rash in my opinion.It would be cool if it was a full game,with around 50+ story missions.

If TLAD was a full game (of if R* plans on doing another biker-themed GTA),I think it should have had:

-some countryside (most bikers usually prefer open roads over city streets)

-more motorcycles (more cruisers, choppers and bobbers, some Japanese and European cruisers, some touring bikes like Electra Glide and Goldwing, some vintage Harley or Indian, maybe some more crotch rockets and dirt bikes...)

-motorcycle customization (saddlebags, sissy bars, wheels, fenders, fuel tanks, exhausts, seats, handlebars, mirrors, fairings...,most bikers customize their bikes,especially cruiser riders)

-character customization (wearing a leather vest or denim vest with TLMC colors instead of a leather jacket or a leather jacket of a different design, changing Johnny's shirts/T-shirts, pants, boots, giving him a helmet, bandana, gloves, leather wristbands, maybe giving him some different hairstyle like long hair and beard, or some new tattoos...)

-more focus on your club brothers (more missions with Jim, Terry and Clay, a few missions with Jason...)

Edited by GTA-Biker

B Dawg

Speaking of European Motorcycles, that's one of the things missing from it. San Andreas was the only game with a European motorcycle (or at least, inspired by a real life European motorcycle, the FCR-900, which is supposed to be a Ducati) and that was my 2nd favorite there next to the Freeway.

Edited by B Dawg

GTA-Biker

Speaking of European Motorcycles, that's one of the things missing from it. San Andreas was the only game with a European motorcycle (or at least, inspired by a real life European motorcycle, the FCR-900, which is supposed to be a Ducati) and that was my 2nd favorite there next to the Freeway.

I think the FCR was based on an early 90s Gixxer.

91GSXR1100A.jpg

Not counting Faggio,I think the only Euro bike from 3D universe is possibly Manchez (I've read somewhere that the LCS version was based on some KTM bike).TLAD had Bati,which was a Ducati.

I know they are rare in real life in the US (at least compared to American and Japanese bikes),but some Euro cruiser like a Triumph Speedmaster, BMW R1200C or Moto Guzzi California would be cool in GTA.

B Dawg

Yeah the Gixxer looks much closer to it than the Ducati 900ss which gta wikia suggested (which I couldn't really find any resemblence to after looking at images lol)

Always thought Bati was just another Jap bike, guess I was wrong. Now I know why Angus says ''Jap scraps, And Pasta Rockets'' in Club Business.

Edited by B Dawg

GTA-Biker

I remember GTA wikia used to say it's a Gixxer a few years ago,guess someone changed it later.

The Bati looks a bit similar to the mid 2000s Ninja (I also thought it was a Ninja at first),but is mostly based on a Ducati 1098.

It's also weird how there was never any Japanese cruisers in GTA (except SA version of Wayfarer,which is actually a touring bike),they are quite common in the US,something like Suzuki Savage or Yamaha V-Max would be cool.

Lock n' Stock

You know, I really think a biker-based GTA game could work, especially if it was set in 60s/70s San Andreas (the San Fierro and Las Venturas parts anyway). That was one of the golden eras for outlaw biker culture, especially with all the exploitation films that were made at the time.

Sadly enough, that's what Ride to Hell: Retribution was originally meant to be, but we all know the absolute pile of rancid dogsh*t that game turned out as in the end.

Edited by Lock N' Stock

universetwisters

If TLAD were it's own game, there would be a lot more edgy kids suddenly giving a sh*t about Johnny when he was offed in V.

But seriously though, I doubt it would work well mostly because you would be stuck doing work for your motorcycle gang and never really going anywhere in the criminal ladder. You won't have the full chance to see what other gangs are like as you would in IV, III, and so forth. Instead, you're relegated to just one gang you have to keep loyal to for the entirety of the game and all the other gangs you see as either good because they ally with your gang or bad because they don't ally with your gang. Sure, you were kinda stuck with a gang in SA and LCS, but even then it was a very loose connection. Outside of the plot, you were just any old criminal. But outside the plot of a hypothetical full TLAD game, you would be stuck wearing biker jackets, stuck riding the Hexer (unless you could change your bike but even then, what if you prefer cars over bikes?) and otherwise doing biker sh*t even if you didn't like the biker culture.

I dunno, could it work as it's own game where there's a dedicated market for it, like Ride to Hell would've been? Sure. Could it work as an entry for the GTA series where it's known for player choice and being able to not be tied down by plot/character restrictions? Probably not, which is why it's just fine as a DLC. Could it have been a better DLC? Sure, but trying to pad it out into it's own game isn't the answer when a better question would've been "if TLAD were a better DLC".

Edited by universetwisters

B Dawg

Yeah, something like TLAD would have to be either a DLC again, part of the Multiple Protagonist System, or a new series.

GTA-Biker

You know, I really think a biker-based GTA game could work, especially if it was set in 60s/70s San Andreas (the San Fierro and Las Venturas parts anyway). That was one of the golden eras for outlaw biker culture, especially with all the exploitation films that were made at the time.

Sadly enough, that's what Ride to Hell: Retribution was originally meant to be, but we all know the absolute pile of rancid dogsh*t that game turned out as in the end.

I agree,a map with SF and LV with a big countryside between them,and the 70s setting would be perfect for a biker-themed game.There was a lot of badass old school choppers, maybe some older bikers still had bobbers from the 50s, there were also some European bikes (Triumphs, maybe some Nortons, BMWs, Ducatis and some others were also sold in the US), Japanese bikes (UJM bikes like Honda CB750 Four and Kawasaki Z1, two stroke bikes like Suzuki GT750) started to appear, there would be a ton of great music for the soundtrack, there are some old biker movies they could usefor inspiration (The Glory Stompers, The Wild Angels, Hell's Angels On Wheels, Stone, Easy Rider...).

Ride To Hell really failed miserably at being a good open world game with a story about outlaw bikers,but I think GTA could pull it off,R* has more than enough experience at making open world games (they already did it on a small scale with TLAD).

GTA-Biker

If TLAD were it's own game, there would be a lot more edgy kids suddenly giving a sh*t about Johnny when he was offed in V.

But seriously though, I doubt it would work well mostly because you would be stuck doing work for your motorcycle gang and never really going anywhere in the criminal ladder. You won't have the full chance to see what other gangs are like as you would in IV, III, and so forth. Instead, you're relegated to just one gang you have to keep loyal to for the entirety of the game and all the other gangs you see as either good because they ally with your gang or bad because they don't ally with your gang. Sure, you were kinda stuck with a gang in SA and LCS, but even then it was a very loose connection. Outside of the plot, you were just any old criminal. But outside the plot of a hypothetical full TLAD game, you would be stuck wearing biker jackets, stuck riding the Hexer (unless you could change your bike but even then, what if you prefer cars over bikes?) and otherwise doing biker sh*t even if you didn't like the biker culture.

I dunno, could it work as it's own game where there's a dedicated market for it, like Ride to Hell would've been? Sure. Could it work as an entry for the GTA series where it's known for player choice and being able to not be tied down by plot/character restrictions? Probably not, which is why it's just fine as a DLC. Could it have been a better DLC? Sure, but trying to pad it out into it's own game isn't the answer when a better question would've been "if TLAD were a better DLC".

I don't think a game with an outlaw biker protagonist would be so restrictive.Motorcycle club members usually only have to wear their patch during club activities like when riding with their brothers or hanging out in the clubhouse,they don't wear a patch during a 9-5 job,and wouldn't even wear it when doing something illegal (it would bring police attention).Same with riding a motorcycle,MC members are required to do it only on club activities,so players could drive cars in freeroam if they want to.And I don't really see how would a MC member see other gangs any different from a street gang member or a mobster,you would still have allied, rival and neutral gangs,and could do pretty much the same crimes (drug dealing, arms dealing, pimping, car/bike theft...) like other criminals.

Edited by GTA-Biker

universetwisters

I dunno man, TLAD was pretty restrictive as far as clothing and vehicles went, like how you could only ride the Hexer on certain missions no matter how sh*tty of a bike it was. And even the points you brought up, TLAD failed to address. You commit so many illegal acts in the game and you're stuck in your leather jacket. Could you drive cars in freeroam TLAD? Sure, but all other times you're stuck with a bike. It's just a very relegated and confined subculture that I would rather run through in 20 or so missions than a whole 60+ mission game.

Also please don't doublepost in the future

GTA-Biker

I dunno man, TLAD was pretty restrictive as far as clothing and vehicles went, like how you could only ride the Hexer on certain missions no matter how sh*tty of a bike it was. And even the points you brought up, TLAD failed to address. You commit so many illegal acts in the game and you're stuck in your leather jacket. Could you drive cars in freeroam TLAD? Sure, but all other times you're stuck with a bike. It's just a very relegated and confined subculture that I would rather run through in 20 or so missions than a whole 60+ mission game.

Also please don't doublepost in the future

True,it was a little weird how Johnny would wear his jacket even when doing crimes,such as when he rescued that drug mule from the cops at the airport for Elizabeta, when he assassinated Stubb's uncle at the airport or when he stormed a prison.It would also be cool if he had both a car and a bike (like Franklin in GTA 5) and could use a car in freeroam or when working for outsiders like Elizabeta, Boccino or Stubbs if the player wants to,but I guess they were still experimenting with personal vehicle feature back then,and maybe didn't know how to program two of them for one protagonist,and later justified it by making him a hardcore biker who dislikes cars.In the future biker-themed GTA it could work the same as calling the mechanic in GTA Online,but we would call road captain to deliver us our vehicle (would be cool if we could choose which personal vehicles we want instead of having a default one set by R*).

Usually it doesn't double post if I write one post right after another,don't know why it didn't merge them.I'll use multiquote in the future.

Edited by GTA-Biker

confederatestatesgta

i definitely think they needed more missions around the lost civil war. it was way too quick. i also think there should have been more angels of death war missions. and also more info and appearances on the broker lost mc. i do agree that we needed more missions for the story.

Stoney0503

if tlad was a full game it would be even worse than what it currently is, the story was essentially designed for a dlc expansion so fleshing it out for a full game would mean reworking the entire thing.

Edited by Stoney0503

Wakka387
Posted (edited)

I loved GTA TLAD,it's the best biker-themed video game along with Road Rash in my opinion.It would be cool if it was a full game,with around 50+ story missions.

If TLAD was a full game (of if R* plans on doing another biker-themed GTA),I think it should have had:

-some countryside (most bikers usually prefer open roads over city streets)

-more motorcycles (more cruisers, choppers and bobbers, some Japanese and European cruisers, some touring bikes like Electra Glide and Goldwing, some vintage Harley or Indian, maybe some more crotch rockets and dirt bikes...)

-motorcycle customization (saddlebags, sissy bars, wheels, fenders, fuel tanks, exhausts, seats, handlebars, mirrors, fairings...,most bikers customize their bikes,especially cruiser riders)

-character customization (wearing a leather vest or denim vest with TLMC colors instead of a leather jacket or a leather jacket of a different design, changing Johnny's shirts/T-shirts, pants, boots, giving him a helmet, bandana, gloves, leather wristbands, maybe giving him some different hairstyle like long hair and beard, or some new tattoos...)

-more focus on your club brothers (more missions with Jim, Terry and Clay, a few missions with Jason...)

This is part of the reason I suggest people port over the Biker DLC stuff from GTA V to TLAD. it would really help flesh out TLAD and make it feel more closer to a full game IMHO. Being able to buy different clothing from a (Custom Modded) Bike shop aswell as doing those Biker DLC Freemode missions with your club brothers in order to add some variety and downtime to the game. Johnny did say he wants to focus on the financial aspect of things so the Biker Business missions would make sense. Plus adding in bikes from GTA V Bikers DLC would be great too

Found this in Bedrock St, Alderney City. Would make a great place to purchase Biker clothing in TLAD with a custom interior

20180301_145017.jpg

Also want to bring up that there is still a Broker chapter of The Lost MC that appeared in a few missions in TLAD and a mission in GTA IV (no love lost). I think they are still an active gang seeing as how The Lost does make an appearance in Chinatown Wars.

index.png

So it would make sense for there to be a Broker clubhouse for The Lost MC. One that Johnny could use as a safe house for endgame

Edited by Wakka387

iiCriminnaaL 49

It would've been great if TLAD was considered a full game, which means longer story, more missions.

The civil war in The Lost MC could've been longer, more missions where the Lost fight the AoD, more hints of Billy's betrayal, and more. Can't think of more atm.

(although missions are only 22, the story is pretty solid and enjoyable, and doesn't feel so short, although it is.)