Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,382 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Wasted Wasted Wasted

What causes Trevor's special ability skill level to decrease?

Wasted Wasted Wasted

Hopefully it's obvious I'm not referring to the bar that empties whilst using his special ability, but rather the skill bar that increases over time, displayed in the same place as driving, strength etc. I find it pleasing having all character stats at 100% but with Trevor's special decreasing (and nothing else), I just can't be bothered topping it up.

I had a little look around online and the most conclusive thing I found was that street races can decrease Franklin's special skill bar. Didn't find anything for Trevor though.

Darkshadows

This seems like a glitch in the game.

I've had F's special ability bar decrease out of nowhere.

Darealbandicoot

Online updates. It breaks the story mode with each and every update in one way or another.

Wasted Wasted Wasted

Online updates. It breaks the story mode with each and every update in one way or another.

I don't play online.

Darealbandicoot

I don't play online.Doesn't matter. When you download an update it automatically breaks single player intentionally. Edited by Darealbandicoot

Wasted Wasted Wasted

I don't play online.

Doesn't matter. When you download an update it automatically breaks single player intentionally.

I don't think GTA V has been updated for quite a few years. It got one or two bug patches then that was it, right? In terms the downloadable online content, I don't think I have it since I play offline. Not sure how online updates break single-player, especially in my scenario.

StangOne50

I don't play online.

Doesn't matter. When you download an update it automatically breaks single player intentionally.

I don't think GTA V has been updated for quite a few years. It got one or two bug patches then that was it, right? In terms the downloadable online content, I don't think I have it since I play offline. Not sure how online updates break single-player, especially in my scenario.

Its just broken man, whether it has to do with online updates or not, it has been happening to players for years. Happens to me with Franklin.

Darealbandicoot

I don't play online.

Its just broken man, whether it has to do with online updates or not, it has been happening to players for years. Happens to me with Franklin.

Gta online gets updates all the time. All the crap they add to online affects the single player because they never test it to see any after affects except to make sure that it's permanently blocked from being obtained in single player. Basically With every new update the game gets patched single player gets more and more broken due to them not properly testing it for side effects other than to make sure the new content is 100% unobtainable in single player in any way shape or form and also since single player brings them NO ADDITIONAL MONEY they don't bother fixing the bugs they introduce. Good day.

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Smokewood

I don't play online.

Gta online gets updates all the time. All the crap they add to online affects the single player because they never test it to see any after affects except to make sure that it's permanently blocked from being obtained in single player. Basically With every new update the game gets patched single player gets more and more broken due to them not properly testing it for side effects other than to make sure the new content is 100% unobtainable in single player in any way shape or form and also since single player brings them NO ADDITIONAL MONEY they don't bother fixing the bugs they introduce. Good day.

Can you name or describe some of these bugs, or are you pulling this out of your ass?

Piggsy pls

I don't play online.

Its just broken man, whether it has to do with online updates or not, it has been happening to players for years. Happens to me with Franklin.Gta online gets updates all the time. All the crap they add to online affects the single player because they never test it to see any after affects except to make sure that it's permanently blocked from being obtained in single player. Basically With every new update the game gets patched single player gets more and more broken due to them not properly testing it for side effects other than to make sure the new content is 100% unobtainable in single player in any way shape or form and also since single player brings them NO ADDITIONAL MONEY they don't bother fixing the bugs they introduce. Good day.

Can you name or describe some of these bugs, or are you pulling this out of your ass?Weed Farm side activity is glitched, doesn't respawn.

Slidey Cars cheat became broken.

Weapons in cutscenes don't have any mags or attachments.

Those are just the ones off the top of my head.

Wasted Wasted Wasted

Weed Farm side activity is glitched, doesn't respawn.

I've not seen anything to suggest the weed farm ever did respawn, asides from the misleading in-game message that reads something along the lines of "check back next week."

As for slidy cars, I've never tried cheat codes so can't say much (yeah, yeah, I'm missing out).

That cutscene bug you mention sounds interesting though. It's currently a free Xbox Live Gold weekend so I won't try anything just now, but next week I could record a cutscene of your choosing (as long as it can be accessed via a replyable mission/S&F) with the online content installed and then without. Could maybe try without the title update(s?) too if the save files are compatible. Or maybe there's already some footage on YouTube - I don't know.

Piggsy pls

Weed Farm side activity is glitched, doesn't respawn.

I've not seen anything to suggest the weed farm ever did respawn, asides from the misleading in-game message that reads something along the lines of "check back next week."

As for slidy cars, I've never tried cheat codes so can't say much (yeah, yeah, I'm missing out).

That cutscene bug you mention sounds interesting though. It's currently a free Xbox Live Gold weekend so I won't try anything just now, but next week I could record a cutscene of your choosing (as long as it can be accessed via a replyable mission/S&F) with the online content installed and then without. Could maybe try without the title update(s?) too if the save files are compatible. Or maybe there's already some footage on YouTube - I don't know.

It respawned when the game first came out. It was glitched with the first Online update I believe, they stopped briefcases in the game from respawning (easy way for players to rack up cash) and this also stopped the Weed Farm event from respawning. If you play the last gen version with all the updates removed then it will respawn again.

As for affected cutscenes, the main ones that stick out to me are in the prologue when Trevor is shooting at the cops from the car with a Carbine Rifle, and in The Third Way when Michael and Trevor are pointing a Combat MG and Heavy Sniper at each other, respectively; in both cases the weapons will have no magazines or attachments. I don't remember which update broke this though. I think it was whichever one introduced drum magazines to Online.

Darealbandicoot

I don't play online.

Its just broken man, whether it has to do with online updates or not, it has been happening to players for years. Happens to me with Franklin.Gta online gets updates all the time. All the crap they add to online affects the single player because they never test it to see any after affects except to make sure that it's permanently blocked from being obtained in single player. Basically With every new update the game gets patched single player gets more and more broken due to them not properly testing it for side effects other than to make sure the new content is 100% unobtainable in single player in any way shape or form and also since single player brings them NO ADDITIONAL MONEY they don't bother fixing the bugs they introduce. Good day.

Can you name or describe some of these bugs, or are you pulling this out of your ass?Really? Fine then, everything piggsy please said plus: Npcs behaving more eradically, cops worse than ever, taxi fares broken, returning players content broken, all MK 2 guns introduced in online sometimes bug up the normal varients in single player making tge base guns unavailable, the last one mission broken, Map fogging back up sometimes after an update, weapons losing all ammo after online update, Character stats resetting, clothes dissappearing, thats all I can think of from the top of my head not even mentioning the games loading slowing down to show you all the online advertisements when it only takes 25-30 seconds to load single player even if your offline.

Smokewood

I don't play online.

Can you name or describe some of these bugs, or are you pulling this out of your ass?Really? Fine then, everything piggsy please said plus: Npcs behaving more eradically, cops worse than ever, taxi fares broken, returning players content broken, all MK 2 guns introduced in online sometimes bug up the normal varients in single player making tge base guns unavailable, the last one mission broken, Map fogging back up sometimes after an update, weapons losing all ammo after online update, Character stats resetting, clothes dissappearing, thats all I can think of from the top of my head not even mentioning the games loading slowing down to show you all the online advertisements when it only takes 25-30 seconds to load single player even if your offline.

Funny, I just finished the story and have my game up to 70% completion and I didn't notice any bugs or issues at all.

The police in story-mode are a push over, the drivers stay out of your way for the most part, and the game works just fine.

I'm on Xbox 1 if that matters.

Darealbandicoot

Funny, I just finished the story and have my game up to 70% completion and I didn't notice any bugs or issues at all.

The police in story-mode are a push over, the drivers stay out of your way for the most part, and the game works just fine.

I'm on Xbox 1 if that matters.

Lucky you.

Deadman2112

Are you sure his special ability is actually decreasing and you're not accidentally loading to an earlier point when it wasn't as high as you assumed it was?

StangOne50

Are you sure his special ability is actually decreasing and you're not accidentally loading to an earlier point when it wasn't as high as you assumed it was?

I dont know about him but for me Im sure its a bug. Idk how many times I had Franklins ability drop randomly.

Deadman2112

I loaded into single player a short while ago for the first time in a long time and noticed mine did show the Meter max out again.

...but didn't reduce it.

It just flashed the Full meter bar again as if I had just earned it.

Hmmm

Wonder what causes it?

...I've also noticed when I'm playing online I get a little Social Club feed pop up from all of my friends saying that they've completed this or completed that like under the bridge 100%

And it does this repetitively

I think to myself yeah you've told me this everyday now for a week LOL

Edited by Deadman2112

Wasted Wasted Wasted

I'm sure. Had it maxed at least once now and I only use one save file. Could maybe max it again and look out for anything that triggers a decrease (replaying missions, maybe?) but I don't know if I can be bothered with that to be frank.