3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
CountdownIIExtinction

Is it better on PSP or PS2?

CountdownIIExtinction

Last time I played this game was 10 years ago on the PlaysStation 2. I''m planning to play VCS again in near future. I was thinking about trying it on PSP since I have never played PSP version before.

What is overall more pleasant experience? My main concern about PSP version is small screen size.

Would you recommend PSP version or PS2 version?

darkdraggy

PSP for better performance and portability and cheat device.

PS2 for new stuff / bug fixes and better graphics with sh*ttier performance.

You should just get an emulator, better graphics and better performance both for PSP and PS2

Though you should have a decent machine to run the PS2 emulator at a playable frame rate.

RetroMystic

If you're concerned about playing on a small screen get the PS2 version. If you want an objectively better looking and performing experience get the PSP version.

The extra content for the PS2 version isn't worth it imo. Just more rampages, side missions and such.

so if you want to make an informed decision I'd highly recommend his video. Edited by RetroMystic

ClaudeIzABadAzz

I'd recommend PSP since the graphics look better, however there is the notorious Garage bug which pretty much deletes any vehicle you store under certain circumstances, but that should only bother you if you want to collect Special Vehicles. Or just get PPSSPP.

Edited by ClaudeIzABadAzz

Journey_95

have only played the PSP version, it was good. I really wish they would release this on the PS4

Edited by Journey_95

The Coconut Kid

I have played both and if screen size is an issue for you then I would say as someone who is partially blind in one eye to definitely go with the PS2 version. It's the only one that is playable for me. Feels a bit stretched out at times and as other people have pointed out, performs poorly when there's a lot going on but if you're lucky enough to have a PS2 or a backwards compatible PS3, then go for it. I really do hope they release it for download on PS4 soon.

George Costanza

Can someone explain this PSP has better graphics over PS2?

As far as i know PS2 has extra trails effect, which brings nice lighting to game and can be turned off. And on top of that PS2 has better texture quality for most of the parts.

Vice City criminal

As far as i know PS2 has extra trails effect, which brings nice lighting to game and can be turned off. And on top of that PS2 has better texture quality for most of the parts.

they probably mean better graphics as in more clean-looking. in that sense I think it is, but I still prefer the ps2 graphics.

as you said, the extra trails option brings nice lightening and also I think it adds more to the atmosphere/setting of the city.

RetroMystic

I don't think anyone here has said it has better graphics more-so just better performance. I don't know if it's just me either but the PS2 game looks kind of...blurry? I can't quite explain it.

darkdraggy

I don't think anyone here has said it has better graphics more-so just better performance. I don't know if it's just me either but the PS2 game looks kind of...blurry? I can't quite explain it.

because of trails

George Costanza

I'd recommend PSP since the graphics look better, however there is the notorious Garage bug which pretty much deletes any vehicle you store under certain circumstances, but that should only bother you if you want to collect Special Vehicles. Or just get PPSSPP.

jaljax

I agree , i thought the PS2 has better graphic's then the PSP, but the PSP is the worst for rampage's & any other mission's because it doesn't have free camera so it's kind of a pain in the ass to do certain missions . Also not to mention the drive by system on PSP is annoying as well..

I'd recommend the PS2 version.

Inadequate

PS2 version, hands down.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

I recommended the PSP version because the PS2 is blurry as all hell.

George Costanza

turn off trails :D

Lock n' Stock

No idea why you wouldn't pick the PSP version. I mean, it's GTA on the go, what's not to love?

Marty892

this

also psp version lacks details like floating leaves, newspapers and probably more stuff like that

PS2 version is just better in every way when it comes to graphics.

the only thing that people might not like is the trails effect but it can be turned off

George Costanza

also psp version lacks details like floating leaves, newspapers and probably more stuff like that

can people stop making sh*t up?

PvmKyA1.jpg

Marty892

damn I stand corrected then, I was pretty sure psp didnt have them, sorry for that

I think I might have confused it with VCS PC mod version

its been a while since I played it last time.

Edited by Marty892

CountdownIIExtinction
Posted (edited)

I have played both and if screen size is an issue for you then I would say as someone who is partially blind in one eye to definitely go with the PS2 version. It's the only one that is playable for me. Feels a bit stretched out at times and as other people have pointed out, performs poorly when there's a lot going on but if you're lucky enough to have a PS2 or a backwards compatible PS3, then go for it. I really do hope they release it for download on PS4 soon.

I'm like f*cking 99% blind and it's gotten worse the past 10 years. sh*t - the vision I had back then... f*ck it, why should anyone care anyway?

I can belive those who say PS2 haS wprse performance

because I remember setting up a brothel in Vice BEACH ANd all of a susudden game was lagging like motherf*cker. I thought my game was broken or something.

And emulator is not the real thing. This is why I'm happy to play authentic original AO PS2 SA right now amd I think I'm gonna replay this one on PS2 as well as soon as I am finished with my other games. VCS after all i think is one of the finest GTAs after GTAIV.

Edited by Gunnalingus