Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,365 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

CoolMods

GTA VI should be in Vice City

RetroMystic

London during the 60s or 70s, anyone else?

GTA isn't going to be set anywhere else outside of the US borders. I think Rockstar made that clear in an interview already.

I think this is a bit narrow minded, since another country would allow a whole different set of cars, buildings, music, landscape and weaponry, the game would look new and different without changing any of the game mechanics. I'm fine with the US setting though, I think only a few international destinations could work for a GTA, I'd favor Paris.

Narrow-mindedness is not really the point here is it. The point here is facts. Its a fact that it would not work, that alone is validated by Rockstar's own words. And common sense should tell you it would not be popular or very successful.

I mean just listen to what you said...."GTA in Paris" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why would Paris not work? I guess criminals with RPGs are more likely in Paris than in New York. The French make decent action movies (unlike the Germans), any destination that works for a good action movie, works for a GTA I guess.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2983981/gritty-photos-show-the-reality-of-paris-gang-culture-in-the-1990s-as-men-proudly-posed-with-guns-and-knives-and-smoked-drugs-on-the-streets/

It's not if it would work or not, Paris could possibly work. It's the simple fact R* have been pretty clear that GTA will always be set inside the United States.

Dan Houser himself on the possibility of GTA London

According to him "GTA is America".

PaddsterG2k3

Does it have to be one or the other?

RDR technically had different countries - USA and Mexico.

I think its perfectly feasible for the next GTA to have an American city/state and a Latin American or a European one also. For one thing I feel it would freshen up the series without losing its original character.

Edited by PaddsterG2k3

Aquamaniac

GTA isn't going to be set anywhere else outside of the US borders. I think Rockstar made that clear in an interview already.

I think this is a bit narrow minded, since another country would allow a whole different set of cars, buildings, music, landscape and weaponry, the game would look new and different without changing any of the game mechanics. I'm fine with the US setting though, I think only a few international destinations could work for a GTA, I'd favor Paris.

Narrow-mindedness is not really the point here is it. The point here is facts. Its a fact that it would not work, that alone is validated by Rockstar's own words. And common sense should tell you it would not be popular or very successful.

Why would Paris not work? I guess criminals with RPGs are more likely in Paris than in New York. The French make decent action movies (unlike the Germans), any destination that works for a good action movie, works for a GTA I guess.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2983981/gritty-photos-show-the-reality-of-paris-gang-culture-in-the-1990s-as-men-proudly-posed-with-guns-and-knives-and-smoked-drugs-on-the-streets/

It's not if it would work or not, Paris could possibly work. It's the simple fact R* have been pretty clear that GTA will always be set inside the United States.

I'm fine with that, but ever the same three towns will one day get boring and so will satirizing American culture and please don't say the future GTA should mock Donald Trump, hardly anything is more uninspired than that.

Official General

I'm fine with that, but ever the same three towns will one day get boring and so will satirizing American culture and please don't say the future GTA should mock Donald Trump, hardly anything is more uninspired than that.

Bro, they've not released another GTA since V yet, and it's been 5 years now. They have not yet done a modern HD VC, SF, LV, and they have not yet done Chicago or the Midwest. Given how long Rockstar take in between making different GTA titles, that "one day" you speak of will not be around for many decades from now. By then you'd probably be near your pension and already married with grown up kids.

Aquamaniac

Bro, they've not released another GTA since V yet, and it's been 5 years now. They have not yet done a modern HD VC, SF, LV, and they have not yet done Chicago or the Midwest. Given how long Rockstar take in between making different GTA titles, that "one day" you speak of will not be around for many decades from now. By then you'd probably be near your pension and already married with grown up kids.

I'm aware of that but I'm argumenting from an artistic and commercial point of view, what would work best (for an international audience) in my opinion - which might be totally wrong though. My personal preference would be rural America far away from any major city but I know this would not appeal to the masses and will therefore not happen.

Vice City with a lagre rural landscape, maybe some Cajun swamp rednecks (different state I know), would be OK for me.

jpm1

This is kinda beating the dead horse.

I already know the counter arguments, "Vice City is boring without the 80's" "Hurr Durr Not interesting"

I'd say, go for it. although i would prefer Las Venturas, I'd be fine with Vice City if done right with a pretty good story (and hopefully a better looking map since i kinda dislike the original VC map)

boring nah man, if you say Miami is boring, you didn't understand Miami. first on realism level. hardware especially CPU are now progressing rather slowly. so a new engine instead of a new map would definitely be a silly choice. so a map is better than a new engine. then about Miami, there are tons of ideas to develop. let me give you a few that comes to my mind

- Miami: mythical. with lot of canals to explore the city. huge harbor with cruise ships

- swamp: fantastic hideouts places. and wonderful scenic freeroam area

- fantastic houses. islands, art deco, with tropical gardens, powerboat docking (hangar or not)

- Miami beach art deco and neons. who doesn't want to cruise there with a cabriolet with HD textures

- ships junkyards (exploration & missions)

- crazy discotheques

- restaurants where you can dock with boat

- seaplane ops

- caribbean sea for underwater exploring

- overseas highway. with awesome 'Crockett' hideouts'

- The keys with turquoise water. with remote beaches, for scenic freeroam

- Bahamas & Cuba, or even Colombia nearby (could be reached by teleporting at the airport a bit like we did with Trevor North yanton mission)

- lot of wealthy people, and stars for parodying

- marinas & golfs

- little Havana, little Haiti, Wynewood

this is what came to my mind after 2 min

Sprunkadelic

This is kinda beating the dead horse.

I already know the counter arguments, "Vice City is boring without the 80's" "Hurr Durr Not interesting"

I'd say, go for it. although i would prefer Las Venturas, I'd be fine with Vice City if done right with a pretty good story (and hopefully a better looking map since i kinda dislike the original VC map)

boring nah man, if you say Miami is boring, you didn't understand Miami. first on realism level. hardware especially CPU are now progressing rather slowly. so a new engine instead of a new map would definitely be a silly choice. so a map is better than a new engine. then about Miami, there are tons of ideas to develop. let me give you a few that comes to my mind

- Miami: mythical. with lot of canals to explore the city. huge harbor with cruise ships

- swamp: fantastic hideouts places. and wonderful scenic freeroam area

- fantastic houses. islands, art deco, with tropical gardens, powerboat docking (hangar or not)

- Miami beach art deco and neons. who doesn't want to cruise there with a cabriolet with HD textures

- ships junkyards (exploration & missions)

- crazy discotheques

- restaurants where you can dock with boat

- seaplane ops

- caribbean sea for underwater exploring

- overseas highway. with awesome 'Crockett' hideouts'

- The keys with turquoise water. with remote beaches, for scenic freeroam

- Bahamas & Cuba, or even Colombia nearby (could be reached by teleporting at the airport a bit like we did with Trevor North yanton mission)

- lot of wealthy people, and stars for parodying

- marinas & golfs

- little Havana, little Haiti, Wynewood

this is what came to my mind after 2 min

P.S I don't actually think that, im just quoting the people who do

i agree with most if not all of these points

meson1

No. Miami is boring as f*ck these days.

If f*cking is boring, you're doing it wrong. LOL ;)

Zello

If it's in the 80s I want to see them bring in Jan Hammer to compose the score.

Debpiyas

Just wanted to increase the spoiler!

I'm aware of that but I'm argumenting from an artistic and commercial point of view, what would work best (for an international audience) in my opinion - which might be totally wrong though. My personal preference would be rural America far away from any major city but I know this would not appeal to the masses and will therefore not happen.

Vice City with a lagre rural landscape, maybe some Cajun swamp rednecks (different state I know), would be OK for me.

jpm1

did you see the description in GTAO of the hotring. a 'tribute to Vice city hotring'. do you think it's a kind of teasing from R*. they do know lot of players want VC. couldn't it be a 'dissimulated' good news.. i love dreaming :pp

Dwnld

Why? And no, not from the name, VIce City.

Because GTA 5 in San Andreas, GTA 4 is in Liberty City so we still need one HD GTA in Vice City.

I think I have seen this thread at least three times before, but didn't bother to use the SEARCH function.

Vice City is so 2002. Welcome to 2018.

I'm totally not against the idea but it would be stupid to set the location to already seen city/area only "because", when there are other choices, which could fit better for the story or so.

MARKUS.
Posted (edited)

GTA VI stands for GTA VIce City the same as GTA VI for GTA VIH. That is the contraction of HIV in Spanish.

So GTA VI is how a Spanish character, Luis Lopez finally gets aids after so many years spending nights with cheap women.

Say whatever you want but is still better plot than the whole GTA Online one

Edited by MARKUS.