1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
���

What is the best aircraft for fighting players that are on foot?

���

just got into a lobby with a lvl 50 calling everyone else a noob and after 20 mins i had enough. Previously I just used the Hydra but now that there is explosive sniper rounds, its pretty easy to get shot down at least for me. I tried using my new Rogue and somehow, I couldnt kill this guy even once using both the cluster bombs and explosive mg. I guess there are not many options as non explosive cannons are useless against anything on the ground, but I did think of using a plane with a high bomb cap like the volatol. I am pretty good with the hunter and savage but not sure if it is better than using a plane. I have every aircraft except for the bombushka and mogul.

Happy Hunter

I'm sorry to tell you, but the cluster bombs are actually terrible. Like, just awful. They look and sound good, and make nice rumbling - but the blast radius is practically non-existent.

Standard explosive bombs are better. Though they're still really pretty small, and I would avoid using a Volatol or Bombushka for dropping them - high altitude bombing like you'd need for those, the bombs are just way too small for that. The only kind of bombing I think would be effective against anything other than an afk guy, is a small plane doing some divebombing, and dropping them really low so there's less time for the bomb to hit the ground (less time to get out of its way too).

Savage is good, but a little vulnerable to explosive rounds. Honestly, Hunter and Akula are too - but they soak up more, can waste their ammo quicker.

An Avenger will take a lot of explosive rounds when it's not glitched out. Also, a Khanjali can be a pretty competent griefing vehicle.

Bloodytears1666

Why not simply to learn dive bombing, I saw people do it on Hydra.

IamCourtney

Any bomb-equipped chopper is great for dealing with single targets, you just need to get directly above them and stay there blooping bombs down on them while they lack the ability to aim upward at a steep enough angle to fire back effectively. Like Hunter said though, the default type are best.

This tactic also becomes less effective the more hostile players are around forcing you to maneuver but against a lone target it borders on unfair, honestly. Some people just bring it on themselves...

���

Why not simply to learn dive bombing, I saw people do it on Hydra.

when turning around to go back in it is an easy opportunity for anyone to aim and hit me with explosive sniper rounds. although i can probably counter it by doing some extra moves i prefer to just find an entirely new tactic/vehicle. i was actually hoping to do the same thing but with a smaller, faster, more agile plane.

StangOne50

For me the Lazer has always been the best for ground targets.

Alot of players like the hydra but its just to big and slow and not as agile as the Lazer.

flexcreator

I'm sorry to tell you, but the cluster bombs are actually terrible

Didn't they buff the cluster bombs? Or is it just a myth?

An Avenger will take a lot of explosive rounds when it's not glitched out. Also, a Khanjali can be a pretty competent griefing vehicle.

This. Avenger and Khanjali are perfect for this. APC is ok. With avenger, you can fly above the ground target, enable the autopilot mode and go inside, then just shoot the guy with the cannon over and over.

Happy Hunter

Didn't they buff the cluster bombs? Or is it just a myth?

Pretty sure it's a myth unfortunately. When I changed my Rogue just recently, the difference was night and day. I'm able to hit much more with regular bombs.

MechanicMammal

For ground target's the Hydra or Lazer have always been the best tools you just have to dive as vertical as possible the target can not snipe directly up, actually come to think of it the Avenger is now probably is the easiest option because it can take plenty of damage and the weapons are op have pin point accuracy and do not rely on lock on.

Sentinel Driver

hunter with someone on the explosive turret

Pequod_

^ Definitely Hunter, if you've got a co-pilot.

Otherwise, the Lazer. If you can't dodge explosive bullets though, then the Starling. Use the regular (explosive) bombs and non-homing missiles. It's easy to use against ground targets because you can change the speed so easily, from glide speeds to rocket-boosting away, gives you time to aim precisely then fly away + it's a small target.

BigStickMama

1. Avenger (with 2 players manning the front and rear turrets)

2. Hunter (with 1 player manning the cannon)

3. Hydra/Lazer (dive bomb w/ explosive cannons)

There isn't going to be a world of difference between the rest, aside from armaments. So the Rogue and Starling are probably the next two, since they have bombs. Rogue's explosive cannons are crap, and the Starling is also quite odd to fly if you're not used to it. (If you are, it's basically the best plane in the game.) Pyro doesn't get bombs or explosive cannons, but it can dive bomb with missiles just fine.

Drewbuddy13

I used to call Pegasus & order my Savage or Buzzard when I wanted to light up a trash talking tryhard but theyll just find another session once they see u heading towards the pick up location so now I'll just let them kill me a couple times & act like I just give up. When they move on to their next victim u throw a few sticky bombs on the Akuma bike, go off radar if u want or just catch them not paying attention & the second before u hit them set off the sticky bombs & u get ur kill. The best way to deal with them is to fight them till u can hold ur own against them. Once they see ur not gonna take their bs they'll leave u alone

The Wandering Hunter

3 man avengers are stupidly op, closely followed by 2 man hunters, then hydras, lasers, then the good advice bombers if you're good with the timing.

xJayxXDaXxGreatx

The pyro and starling i'd say starling more because u can boost away after you dive accuracy is increased if you play with a black dot on ur screen where ur sniper scope looks so while in aircraft the missile square has the exact center marked [ . ] helps with every missile you use in game im pretty sure rpg is just a dot but from observation those 2 are best.

secrecy274

Savage and Akula is only good if you've buildings or terrain to hide behind.I find the Buzzard to be very useful due to its agility.

flybar

I prefer Savage against ground targets. Its explosive gun can instantly take out any ground target, you just need to find a right altitude, come fast on target and spray it with explosive rounds without much maneuvering around. If I have a co-pilot, then Hunter is better of course. In city aircrafts not as effective because players can hide under roofs, bridges and other structures.

TheRipperOfLagoZancudo

Despite Jets having the death beams, literally any aircraft can be a nuisance to ground players if in the right hands. Sorry for you giving you a good answer though op.

derek0514

Avenger - I bomb crap out of them killing them multiple times...get above them this makes their missle useless.  When they respawn I will rush at them and drop bomb a tad near so it glides into them - neat.

dont let them spawn a vehicle or aircraft blow it up before they can get to it.  I actively hunt single players on foot for sport /  pvp fun.  The ones that stay and fight I enjoy more but it’s a fight they will lose.  

You cant get killed in avenger unless oc or u let them b4 leaving lobby.  If one of them on one those silly kiddie flying bikes go way up in altitude, put on auto pilot, shoot them w cannon lol.

Edited by derek0514

Luigi Vercetti

Hunter if you have a co-pilot. Savage if you don't.

StangOne50

The Lazer is the best for ground targets, no doubt.

FukNRekd

/bump/

I've been spending time in lazers and OMG it's so efficient vs ground targets. And helis and MkIIs. Well.. the MkII don't really get shot down much but they keep having to go back for more rockets. :lol:

Piercit

Lazer all the way ! Just need some practive on speedway and fps view 💀

FukNRekd
On 10/15/2018 at 3:06 PM, Piercit said:

practive on speedway

What's that?

Piercit

I mean you practice chasing cars and cops on the speedway with your jet to train aiming i guess ! 

FrancisBlack

I eat lazers and hydras all day long with explosive sniper. Get a smile every time it breaks them up. Love when some griefer terrorizing the room gets his just desserts. Personally I would go roof to roof on the Op mk2 having top down advantage is a big help. Use explosive sniper and use cover. 

On 10/14/2018 at 3:20 AM, FukNRekd said:

/bump/

I've been spending time in lazers and OMG it's so efficient vs ground targets. And helis and MkIIs. Well.. the MkII don't really get shot down much but they keep having to go back for more rockets. :lol:

You can try to go face to face with the Op mk2 against the Lazer and your chances are better with missiles but I usually go straight to a location the Lazer can't get me and snipe them. Very efficient. In my rooms lazers don't last long. I get giddy when I see them.   Pyros and starlings are harder to hit. 

Edited by FrancisBlack

BOOGIEMAN219

Hydra and laser, nobody hits me with explosive rounds because I dive straight down from the clouds over top of somebody. I also like the Rogue and Pyro a lot.

FukNRekd
21 minutes ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

Hydra and laser, nobody hits me with explosive rounds because I dive straight down from the clouds over top of somebody.

This. And with missiles the Lazer can shoot much further than canons.  Snipers can only get you on your way out and if you know where they are you can avoid them fairly easily.

FrancisBlack
1 hour ago, FukNRekd said:

This. And with missiles the Lazer can shoot much further than canons.  Snipers can only get you on your way out and if you know where they are you can avoid them fairly easily.

You must be better than the average pilots because any I have encountered in the city are dead meat assuming they are killing indescrimanantly. Thanks for the tips I'll have to try that out. 

FukNRekd
2 hours ago, FrancisBlack said:

You must be better than the average pilots because any I have encountered in the city are dead meat assuming they are killing indescrimanantly. Thanks for the tips I'll have to try that out. 

Hardly. I'm below average. Both dogfighting and air to ground.

But I don't just charge forward and shoot. I think. I study. I try to understand what strategic and tactical methods my opponent is using and do something that gives me an advantage over that. If I'm going to engage you it will be on my terms. Not yours.

Yes, you might sneak up on me once or twice but I will either change strategy or retreat if I don't see a path to success.