Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,304 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The Half-Blood Prince

MOTW #94

Vote  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which mission is the best?

• Rebirth
    • Engine Wars
    • Brian Johnson
    • Climbing Mount Chiliad
    • Storming the Farm

MartZ2

My entry :Dhttp://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/51961

could you tell me what's wrong with it?

As far as the contest's official rules go, I guess nothing.

omigawail

My mission progress is going great, but I ran into a problem: I hit the actor limit, is it possible for me to split the mission into two, as long as the two missions combined have exactly 100 objectives? I really can't finish the mission without actors.

Nuddle King

Mikul mission Was good,But there was one mistake in 47 objective. L0L

MartZ2

My mission progress is going great, but I ran into a problem: I hit the actor limit, is it possible for me to split the mission into two, as long as the two missions combined have exactly 100 objectives? I really can't finish the mission without actors.

As far as I remember, DYOM missions technically can't have 100 actors at the same time. Just hide actors that are killed and/or were used in previous sequences and are not needed anymore. After that, you shouldn't run into problems.

omigawail

I'm not done yet, but I'd love it if you guys check out the thread I made for my MOTW Submission HERE.

Edited by omigawail

Jack Muller

I like this, do I still have time to make a mission?

Yasir_RFL

@Mikul Your mission was very good. But, It crashes on the checkpoint in San Fierro. You leave it design only too, that's where you done a good work. I just select that objective and choose the option to play from selected. I liked the car, wow I can't explain it's specialty. :D

@J Yes, If you are player who use PC for hours. No, If you have a busy life. :p

Jack Muller

@J Yes, If you are player who use PC for hours. No, If you have a busy life. :p

And who wanted your opinion, mister proud designer! :pp

I'll surely participate

Edited by Jack Muller

Yasir_RFL

Good to hear that. I will play your mission for MOTW after a long time.

Yasir_RFL

Here is my entry, Engine Wars. Well, import and export texts had f*cked my mission but I managed to fix it. :D

Nuddle King

Good to hear GreenGoo Back to participate in MOTW. Hot Pursuit mission was awesome.

Jack Muller

Good to hear GreenGoo Back to participate in MOTW. Hot Pursuit mission was awesome.

Thanks, I'll make sure this mission be as good as Hot Pursuit was or more. :D

Nuddle King

A 100 objectives Jack, Remember :D

Jack Muller

Increase the deadline, I have a surpriser mission coming soon, there's no entries except 1 or 0? Just increase the deadline and all things will get fine.

Edited by Jack Muller

Yasir_RFL

Nope. We have 2 entries.

CrisPK

Increase the deadline, I have a surpriser mission coming soon, there's no entries except 1 or 0? Just increase the deadline and all things will get fine.

As far as I know deadline won't be increased by more than end of the last day, voting will start without your mission and as soon as you upload it, it should be added to voting.

Roxie

I can't participate...

Yasir_RFL

So sad, better luck in next MOTW. :(:)

Jack Muller

Sooooo is it over? I'm working on my mission, it's 45% done. Do I have time or I'm ya-ka-boom?

Mikul

Sooooo is it over? I'm working on my mission, it's 45% done. Do I have time or I'm ya-ka-boom?

you have time to 8:30 pm GMT

Yasir_RFL

Right Mikul. J, you have time until 8:30 PM GMT. If you don't make any mission before the deadline, you will be ya-ka-boom!

Nuddle King

ya-ka-boom its waiting...be faster :)

Jack Muller

Damnable mischance. My mission was nearly done but I needed more time. Maybe next time, I'll surely participate in the next contest cause my mission is still in progress.

Yasir_RFL

Yeah, It is true. I'm feeling bad about you, omigawail. :(

CrisPK

Damnable mischance. My mission was nearly done but I needed more time. Maybe next time, I'll surely participate in the next contest cause my mission is still in progress.

There is still 4 hours.

omigawail

The Half-Blood Prince, it Really is a single mission theoretically. And as I told you before it is still intended to be a SINGLE MISSION but dyom is very restrictive on how large the mission can be. Add to that how... odd the theme is. Making a 100 objective mission with less than 100 actors is impossible for me because I try my hardest to make the missions large scale, and make the cutscenes fluid and smooth by hiding and showing actors depending on the movement of the characters.

However, since this theme restricts the designer instead of making him more creative in making the mission (which I tried to do) then I resorted to splitting the SINGLE MISSION into two halves of the same mission. buuuuuut ya know, according to the rules downgrading the mission (by cutting some of the actors in it) is better than going just a tiny bit off limits with it.

So what I'm asking is for you to review the vague rules and look at it from another perspective: The last mission of GTA San Andreas End of the Line. Now, that is a single mission right? Well technically it is three missions but they play immediately after each other due to technical issues that come with making a mission that big.

You can look at my entry the same way, it is a single mission but just split into two parts. Firstly, because of the obvious limitation on the number of actors. And secondly, because it also serves as a checkpoint because my mission is long, and failing near the end is very frustrating so the player can just restart the mission from the second half of it.

-Thank you.

The Half-Blood Prince

The Half-Blood Prince, it Really is a single mission theoretically. And as I told you before it is still intended to be a SINGLE MISSION but dyom is very restrictive on how large the mission can be. Add to that how... odd the theme is. Making a 100 objective mission with less than 100 actors is impossible for me because I try my hardest to make the missions large scale, and make the cutscenes fluid and smooth by hiding and showing actors depending on the movement of the characters.

However, since this theme restricts the designer instead of making him more creative in making the mission (which I tried to do) then I resorted to splitting the SINGLE MISSION into two halves of the same mission. buuuuuut ya know, according to the rules downgrading the mission (by cutting some of the actors in it) is better than going just a tiny bit off limits with it.

So what I'm asking is for you to review the vague rules and look at it from another perspective: The last mission of GTA San Andreas End of the Line. Now, that is a single mission right? Well technically it is three missions but they play immediately after each other due to technical issues that come with making a mission that big.

You can look at my entry the same way, it is a single mission but just split into two parts. Firstly, because of the obvious limitation on the number of actors. And secondly, because it also serves as a checkpoint because my mission is long, and failing near the end is very frustrating so the player can just restart the mission from the second half of it.

-Thank you.

I might play it and give you a feedback, as well as other designers here, but I can't change the main rule of the contest. It's written there, so it's not up to me this time. You can still compress this in a single mission, you have 3 hours to do so. If you didn't manage somehow, you will be able to send your entry until the end of the day but the voting will start without your entry. Once you finish and send it, if everything fits the theme, your mission will be added as an entry after the voting has started.

Edited by The Half-Blood Prince