1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

CoolMods

Why do people consider "Deconstruction" a disturbing mission?

Helegad

Yeah, Sure.Let us keep on topic without the side trip. "Why, Deconstruction"

It is obvious it is Black African-American (being PC) Humor. A relief from the horrors of the game. Some jokes just Die horribly.

Many think it is amusing after time, it is just it seems so cruel at first.

Yeah, that's not racist at all... :lol:

I can easily see Tommy Vercetti doing this, and Claude, and most definitely Niko and Trevor.

TheSangheili

So they find it disturbing because a black man buried a white man? No, no one said anything about colors.

btw, here is a good joke: what's the difference between a black man and a white man?

melanin (It's funny because I had google the spelling of this word, I can't spell it nor pronounce it)

PS: Black = White

Edited by TheSangheili

Victor1703

It was disturbing because:

1. It is stupidly unnecessary! Face it. Kendle is a slut, even her brother said so. You don't have to be jumpy about it and murder the whole f*cking construction team just because they say sometime pretty true.

2. Being buried alive is cruel and f*cking horrible! You can do drug selling, human trafficking, killing by beating, chopping, shooting, all of these leave the victim(s) either alive or die instantly. None of these are like burying alive.

GTA is the first game I played in the series, and till now it is still one of my favourite, EXCEPT for that particular mission! (and the aircraft toy missions, and the jet fighter mission)

Crossbones

Was the mission necessary to be in the game at the first place ? 

And burying someone alive is really disturbing, it's more disturbing when CJ buried that guy just for calling Kendl a slut, c'mon now, she really looks like a slut. 

I don't have problem with burying people alive, atleast in a videogame but there should be a strong reason for doing that. 

TheSantader25

Burying people alive by a guy who kills hundreds anyway. How's that ONE guy different from the others you kill?at the end they all die by your hands. Why don't people understand. You CAN'T MAKE SENSE OF THE LOGIC IN THIS SERIES. if you try hard you will have a boring game. 

Recommended

Don't worry too much. I believe when the guy enters the toilet, his model despawns and an audio file is attached to the object, so technically you're just burying an object.

It's definitly not the most violent death, but it is the most disturbing, especially if the guy suffers from claustrophobia.

Johnny Spaz

Idk if it's just me but that mission was hilarious to me, could be a message to all those cat callers out there to remind them that the people they harass may be backed up by dangerous people and that women have family or whatever

I love that mission lol

Platybus
On 7/3/2018 at 6:33 PM, Recommended said:

Don't worry too much. I believe when the guy enters the toilet, his model despawns and an audio file is attached to the object, so technically you're just burying an object.

Now THESE are the real morals.

Reameb
On 7/3/2018 at 4:33 PM, Recommended said:

It's definitly not the most violent death, but it is the most disturbing, especially if the guy suffers from claustrophobia.

Worry rate drops to 0%

D9fred95
On 7/3/2018 at 4:16 AM, TheSantader25 said:

Burying people alive by a guy who kills hundreds anyway. How's that ONE guy different from the others you kill?at the end they all die by your hands. Why don't people understand. You CAN'T MAKE SENSE OF THE LOGIC IN THIS SERIES. if you try hard you will have a boring game. 

I think people take issue with the reason why the mission even happened. Yeah, CJ kills quite a lot of folks throughout his journey, but what makes Deconstruction stand out is who he kills and why: construction workers for hollerin' at Kendl. Usually CJ kills other criminals or rival gangs, usually for turf, money or to obtain a larger objective. But here CJ kills the foreman simply because they referred to Kendl as a hooker. Deconstruction's reason is so petty in comparison. Beating up the foreman would've gotten the message across just as well. Off mission rampages don't count since they're probably non-canon. Essentially what Deconstruction implies is that if you see a chick and *sexy whistle*, that's punishable by death.

TheFireMZL

You kill a foreman who said your sister is a hoe burying him alive while he takes a sh*t. I can say more?

TheSantader25
5 hours ago, D9fred95 said:

I think people take issue with the reason why the mission even happened. Yeah, CJ kills quite a lot of folks throughout his journey, but what makes Deconstruction stand out is who he kills and why: construction workers for hollerin' at Kendl. Usually CJ kills other criminals or rival gangs, usually for turf, money or to obtain a larger objective. But here CJ kills the foreman simply because they referred to Kendl as a hooker. Deconstruction's reason is so petty in comparison. Beating up the foreman would've gotten the message across just as well. Off mission rampages don't count since they're probably non-canon. Essentially what Deconstruction implies is that if you see a chick and *sexy whistle*, that's punishable by death.

Kendl is a hoe but don't forget that the construction workers wanted to kill CJ as well. The logic is a bit different in 3D era in comparison to the HD era. Almost everyone is an asshole and wants to kill you. Also some missions in the 3D era were there to just introduce gameplay elements. GTA was more of "game" back then. They did try to make sense of most of the things we do but they really didn't care that much back then. Also CJ seems to want the construction workers gone from the top of his garage. That garage was in the worst possible place. ("I was thinking about getting me some new land anyway") . Killing the main dude helps what he wanted. Leaving him be wouldn't end the construction process. 

Don't forget that CJ also kills innocent police officers(just like any protagonist) and innocent army soldiers who are just doing their job. He is simply killing another innocent guy. No big deal. The GTA protagonist no matter how much you love them is a psychopath. We love the series but there is no denying that it's such a brutal one with no sense sometimes. 

Edited by TheSantader25

D9fred95
12 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Kendl is a hoe but don't forget that the construction workers wanted to kill CJ as well. The logic is a bit different in 3D era in comparison to the HD era. Almost everyone is an asshole and wants to kill you. Also some missions in the 3D era were there to just introduce gameplay elements. GTA was more of "game" back then. They did try to make sense of most of the things we do but they really didn't care that much back then. Also CJ seems to want the construction workers gone from the top of his garage. That garage was in the worst possible place. ("I was thinking about getting me some new land anyway") . Killing the main dude helps what he wanted. Leaving him be wouldn't end the construction process. 

Don't forget that CJ also kills innocent police officers(just like any protagonist) and innocent army soldiers who are just doing their job. He is simply killing another innocent guy. No big deal. The GTA protagonist no matter how much you love them is a psychopath. We love the series but there is no denying that it's such a brutal one with no sense sometimes. 

Correction, Kendl dresses like a hoe, but isn't one. She's pretty mature all things considered. Yeah, you got a point about construction workers trying to kill CJ. Though I'll say it's hilariously silly that random construction workers try to kill CJ the second he steps onto the yard whereas the quarry guys don't put up a fight until you get all the dynamite. That whole "new land" thing is just a weak justification CJ gives, he never uses the construction site at any point before or after this mission. Probably just thrown in there to make it not look like CJ just killed a few guys over them being... well, guys.

Killing police and the army is different from killing the construction guys due to their professions. Police protect the peace and most of what a GTA protag does would make them extremely infamous amongst all law enforcement divisions. Pretty much most the missions in which they appear (once again, off mission rampages aren't canon) warrant some kind of lethal force. Infiltrating a construction site doesn't warrant lethal force until CJ starts killing people. At the same time, quite a few police departments within the franchise are depicted as corrupt, not just named characters like Tenpenny or Mcaffery. The game doesn't seem to imply that the construction workers are corrupt or affiliated with criminal ties. They just check out women and some have handguns.

TheSantader25
1 hour ago, D9fred95 said:

That whole "new land" thing is just a weak justification CJ gives, he never uses the construction site at any point before or after this mission. Probably just thrown in there to make it not look like CJ just killed a few guys over them being... well, guys.

I doubt CJ ever wanted to use the land. He just wanted to clear the surroundings from construction activity. Pretty annoying and loud to have construction above your business if you ask me. 

1 hour ago, D9fred95 said:

Killing police and the army is different from killing the construction guys due to their professions. Police protect the peace and most of what a GTA protag does would make them extremely infamous amongst all law enforcement divisions. Pretty much most the missions in which they appear (once again, off mission rampages aren't canon) warrant some kind of lethal force. Infiltrating a construction site doesn't warrant lethal force until CJ starts killing people. At the same time, quite a few police departments within the franchise are depicted as corrupt, not just named characters like Tenpenny or Mcaffery. The game doesn't seem to imply that the construction workers are corrupt or affiliated with criminal ties. They just check out women and some have handguns.

The point is, the protagonist is killing innocent guys who are just doing their job. There's nothing justified about it and it clearly makes the protagonist a total senseless psychopath. The protagonist is a threat to peace and definitely extremely dangerous and needs to be killed. And the law enforcement's job is to stop it. It's clear that the protagonist is the bad guy here if you view things from a neutral perspective. And bad guys, do bad things. Absolute psychopaths like the GTA protagonist do unspeakable things  Like burying a foreman alive. I don't think there's anything strange about it. 

A couple of departments being corrupt doesn't justify the entire force being corrupt. Some of the people sent to kill you might not even know their employer is corrupt. They're just doing what they are told. 

Your statement can be only completely applied to merryweather if the game's description of them is accurate. 

Edited by TheSantader25

D9fred95
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

I doubt CJ ever wanted to use the land. He just wanted to clear the surroundings from construction activity. Pretty annoying and loud to have construction above your business if you ask me. 

Construction is too loud and the workers are horny is a justified reason to kill them? CJ's justification is at best, completely and utterly flawed. Or should all construction sites in the GTA universe be a warzone between workers and shopkeepers?

1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

The point is, the protagonist is killing innocent guys who are just doing their job. There's nothing justified about it and it clearly makes the protagonist a total senseless psychopath. The protagonist is a threat to peace and definitely extremely dangerous and needs to be killed. And the law enforcement's job is to stop it. It's clear that the protagonist is the bad guy here if you view things from a neutral perspective. And bad guys, do bad things. Absolute psychopaths like the GTA protagonist do unspeakable things  Like burying a foreman alive. I don't think there's anything strange about it. 

A couple of departments being corrupt doesn't justify the entire force being corrupt. Some of the people sent to kill you might not even know their employer is corrupt. They're just doing what they are told. 

Your statement can be only completely applied to merryweather if the game's description of them is accurate. 

Yup, the protagonists are psychopaths, but they have morals. CJ has the "no drugs" and "family/friendship" thing. They kill a lot but most of they're not completely unreasonable. I could expect someone like Trevor annihilating the construction crew because of how he acts. Maybe even Toni after what he did to Fort Staunton. CJ's action speak a lot about his character, he saves Denise even when there was literally no reason to do so for example. Even something like Zero's missions could be possibly justified since the RC business rivalry appear to cause a lot of trouble what with them using weaponized vehicles, best to quickly end the feud before something extremely nasty happens (Like the cut mission with the tanks). But some construction guys? What did they do? Not much, just usual guy stuff.

Yeah, some of the department is innocent and that's a shame. But they're mixed in with the corrupt ones, what can a GTA protag do? Ask them amidst a firefight if they indulge in criminal activities? It's a necessary evil that a couple innocent cops die during these missions. Construction workers? Not really. If one or two workers are criminals then should we massacre every group we come across on the possibility of them being criminals? No. But like I said, police are different. CJ could intimidate the construction team through less deadly ways, you can't intimidate the police department. They're an active hostile obstacle in the way of profit/survival. This is why nobody complains when Niko kills a few cops during Three Leaf Clover but when he kills the gay-basher it's a bit more controversial. 

Edited by D9fred95

TheSantader25
29 minutes ago, D9fred95 said:

Construction is too loud and the workers are horny is a justified reason to kill them? CJ's justification is at best, completely and utterly flawed. Or should all construction sites in the GTA universe be a warzone between workers and shopkeepers?

Yup, the protagonists are psychopaths, but they have morals. CJ has the "no drugs" and "family/friendship" thing. They kill a lot but most of they're not completely unreasonable. I could expect someone like Trevor annihilating the construction crew because of how he acts. Maybe even Toni after what he did to Fort Staunton. CJ's action speak a lot about his character, he saves Denise even when there was literally no reason to do so for example. Even something like Zero's missions could be possibly justified since the RC business rivalry appear to cause a lot of trouble what with them using weaponized vehicles, best to quickly end the feud before something extremely nasty happens (Like the cut mission with the tanks). But some construction guys? What did they do? Not much, just usual guy stuff.

Yeah, some of the department is innocent and that's a shame. But they're mixed in with the corrupt ones, what can a GTA protag do? Ask them amidst a firefight if they indulge in criminal activities? It's a necessary evil that a couple innocent cops die during these missions. Construction workers? Not really. If one or two workers are criminals then should we massacre every group we come across on the possibility of them being criminals? No. But like I said, police are different. CJ could intimidate the construction team through less deadly ways, you can't intimidate the police department. They're an active hostile obstacle in the way of profit/survival. This is why nobody complains when Niko kills a few cops during Three Leaf Clover but when he kills the gay-basher it's a bit more controversial. 

Niko killed more than a few police officers in three leaf clover. 

However the point is, the protagonists in this series are whiny sons of bitches. If they're against something. They stand up to it. If they like something they want it. And if they don't like something they f*ck it up since they can't stand it and they have the power to f*ck it up. The construction scenario is a one which CJ couldn't stand. Just like Niko didn't stand that hater. CJ does hate drugs and a has a family/friend thing going on but why should he care about a bunch if construction workers he does not know at all? To his knowledge, they insulted his sister and that pissed him off. And since the protagonist is whiny as hell, he kills them. Yes he could do it with a less violent way but once again the construction workers do try to kill CJ himself(even though it's silly) . The initial task of the mission is damaging the site. Killing the foreman comes after CJ was attacked. 

CJ's justification "is" flawed though. Just like the other protagonists. He is a criminal and a murderer. Anyone with a lifestyle like this "does" have a flawed justification. There's no explanation for a lifestyle like this no matter how bad someone's past was.(Unless they're doing it for something beyond money that they care about which we saw in RDR) But since it's a video game and it's made for us to experience lifestyles we cannot in real life, it's fun as hell despite being totally violent and unjustified. 

Edited by TheSantader25

American Venom
8 hours ago, D9fred95 said:

This is why nobody complains when Niko kills a few cops during Three Leaf Clover but when he kills the gay-basher it's a bit more controversial. 

It really isn't that controversial. Am Shaegar/Osho is the only person I've ever seen bitch and moan about Niko killing the gay basher. Personally I thought it was some ironic justice. 

TheSantader25
3 hours ago, Miamivicecity said:

It really isn't that controversial. Am Shaegar/Osho is the only person I've ever seen bitch and moan about Niko killing the gay basher. Personally I thought it was some ironic justice. 

If the whole deconstruction mission is illogical we might as well start thinking about the IV mission as well. They seem like the exact scenario. I'm not against it though. I think both scenarios make sense since the protagonists are basically bad whiny guys. 

lil weasel

Don't side step the topic by dragging in other games.

Series games always (nearly) have repeating mission themes.

"Supply Lines" is the "RC helicopter", et cetera.

It remains, that the "Deconstruction" mission is a step out of the normal Crime Line. It is a Blood Family thing carried to extreme.

There is no establishment that CJ owns (nor has an interest in) the Construction site that surrounds his garage holdings.

LorshZontek

its pretty disturbing how CJ burys a person covered in his own sh*t while stuck in a portapotty alive with cement 

4nsmiley

Because it doesn't fit CJ is a bitch argument. And we got to think of the kids?! Because GTA is always about teaching the kids how to upstanding citizens and if your going to kill someone have good reason to do it.