2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

"GTA retirement"

Makingthequants

Makingthequants

So as the topic implies I have set a target for retirement.

£40m.

After a mammoth doomsday dlc spending spree and the announcement of RDR getting that official release date I have decided to retire and just enjoy the last few months of GTA.

Aim is to get to £40m and then anything I want to buy I'll use the bunker to pay for it.

I can't be bothered to grind anymore I may even buy a shark card to get to my goal but don't see the point this late in the game.

In between I might do some challenges. Iv already run around the entire map in a public lobby I'm thinking of cycling next. Any ideas and are you thinking of "retiring"?

I keep coming back out of retirement. Not so much for the money, but for the people. I love the people!

C2fzthEUZ0eA6K9nRTP58Q_0_0.jpg

"Even if you leave this room, you'll never leave this room."

• Like 5

No plans for me. After the DLCs end I'll still be roaming around the map for hours on end.

• Like 4

MisterLanceVanceDance

My character has changed and matured so much over the past 5 years from having dreads and robbing liquor stores remembering getting excited grinding for $30K on survival mode, experiencing the billionaire days and many different glitches along the way having literally everything you can buy in the game, now a clean cut CEO with his old tattoos from the street thug days, Ive been thinking about retirement and have a little place up in Paleto Bay where Ill live. When RDR2 comes out Im changing my characters hair gray, taking my *$100M up there and enjoying the golden years

*edit

Edited by MisterLanceVanceDance
  • Like 5

I have retired in the past. When I moved out last year I took a few months off GTA. From February to June... I missed Cunning Stunts: Special Vehicle Circuit, and was back just in time for Gunrunning. And to be honest I was kinda impressed with the content I'd missed, and I still play stunt races to this day. It wasn't a planned retirement though, it was more of retirement-due-to-circumstance.

About 3-4 weeks later I told myself I was done with GTA. I sold all my stock, closed down my businesses, took my Chradder and my Rusty Surfer to my new home in Grapeseed and that was the end of my character's legacy.

About a week later a SP2MP "buy anything for free" glitch was released and I stocked 5 accounts with Oppressors. Ever since then I've been slowly selling off the Oppressors and keeping my account topped up. As more and more glitches have been released, retirement has been put on hold again and again.

My time in GTA nowadays has dwindled and it's only a matter of time before it gets shelved again, but I know that it'll be just like GTA IV... no matter how much I've played it, I'll still pick it up from time to time.

• Like 1

My longest retirement has been 2 weeks. Stopped... today actually.

The game has became more boring for me lately so unless some of my classmates buy the PS4 version, i guess i'll be done with the game after the updates end.

I keep coming back out of retirement. Not so much for the money, but for the people. I love the people!

"Firenulf?"

What is that supposed to mean?

Givin for all we know R* might push back RDR2's release date again & that R* has said they aren't finished with GTA: Online when RDR2 is released, I have no intention to retire.

Even if I was a hardcore RDR fan, I wouldn't stop GTA now or plan to do that soon without getting hands on with RDR2 first.

We have no idea how it will turn out; who knows it may not hit R*'s expectations & they quickly put most of their efforts back to their proven money maker/GTA: Online.

Edited by Foreverpast

Good topic. Yeah, I feel like Im retiring myself. I actually tried to retire before Doomsday by making my character age like Lance Vance above. I added wrinkles and started to dress more conservatively. But I was encouraged to play more and get back into the game by a friend. The way I see it, my character really is retired. I got a yacht for crying out loud. If that doesnt scream retirement, I dont know what will.

• Like 1

I'm envisioning a meme in which the camera repeatedly zooms in on the front of that Panto, while the Psycho music from the shower scene plays, while the screen steadily darkens, followed by a cliche horror movie sound bit

• Like 2

why every player needs to say they are going to retire.....attention whores

RDR2 will be a great single player experience and possibly an entertaining online one too, but it wont have the staying power of GTA. Not knocking the game but players such as myself enjoy cars, aircraft, modern technology and the core exierience that is GTA. RDR2 will be a one time play through for most before returning to GTA...

That said, I retired a long time ago and I did so in a manner that allows me to actually enjoy the game and my limited time with it. I shut down my businesses and gave up the grind. I now only play for fun and I hit the random job option in the quick job app as soon as I load in. I dont keep track of how much money I make, what any of my stats are, or allow myself to get too frustrated with the bullsh*t that comes with playing with people online...in any game.

This game has its faults but theres no reason to pretend like leaving for any period of time is a noteworthy experience. I part ways for days, weeks and sometimes months at a time but it only takes one rainy day, an extended weekend, or simply the desire to wreak some havoc while waiting for my laundry to dry and suddenly Ive snapped a month long GTA drought and lost 5 hours of my life...

Edited by Mrnrfan182
  • Like 1

Nah, I still play both modded sp & online and I don't plan to give up yet. It is just so fun even after 5 years.

Yeah, after rdr2 I probably play less GTAV, but I am not going to retire yet.

Bruce Khansey

I thought it was a DLC concept

Edited by Bruce Khansey
  • Like 2

lll-H-I-M-lll

40m will last a while just freeroaming but it will slowly vanish, i myself have retired from the business side and probably won't be returning ive had enough of the endless chore. Im sat on a nice pile of funding so time too enjoy it :)

Mansion plz :r*: one is waiting for ones manor lol

• Like 4

Lonely-Martin

£40m.

Back to work I'm afraid...

£40m is about $55-56m or so, lol

;)

Edited by KWF1981

ok.

$40 million in my opinion is a good range to stop grinding, but honestly, with updates to come, it won't last and Bunker sales alone won't cover it.

I'm nowhere near retiring and have $124 million at the moment. Why would I retire when the game doesn't bore me?

"Firenulf?"

What is that supposed to mean?

lol! Firewolf. :D

Edited by fw3
  • Like 1

I never plan to retire. I take long holidays. Maybe one of them will wind up being permanent, but it's unlikely that will be a pre-planned decision.

• Like 2

I hit 40m recently, by selling 5 or 6 oppressors and a couple deluxo's ;)

still got about 90 deluxo's left to sell too, I think im pretty set for the money!

• Like 2

414 mil as of last night, and there's a bitchin' solo dupe glitch happening right now and I have these next two days off.

So to reiterate, I'm retiring for the weekend JUST to play GTAO. :)

• Like 3