3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Rich.

Red Dead Redemption 2 coming October 26, 2018

Dick Justice

Don't care once for the delay. Polished the "better" it is... What I dont like is the silent treatment they give us. Why announce a game or a project only to delay it furthermore. I understand the first one, ok. But another one?? At least Give us something during the time. HAHA "Weeks to come" HAHA dont make me laugh!!!!! These screen shots and thats it. Expect some drip feed Batch till like Sept. Goes to show the company is having problems and just not in development.

So you think we will face yet another drought?

I do. If you look at GTAV's marketing campaign, they announced their delay on January 31st and that the game was coming on 09.17.13. This was followed by a drought until they released the character trailers in April. Given the similarities in announcement timing, I don't think we'll get much of anything before April at the earliest. If we're lucky, Rockstar will keep their word and feed us something in the "coming weeks," but that's just generic "few weeks or so" and "more this summer" type speak that they always use to close a bad announcement with something positive.

NeonDolphin

PS2 era 3-4 games per year. 1 dev studio

PS3 era 1-2 games per year. 2-3 dev studios

PS4 era 1 game in 5 years. 7 dev studios

Total BS.

thats not true, they had multiple studios during PS2 era. North made GTA and Manhunt, San diego made Smugglers Run, Midnight Club and Red Dead Revolver, Vancouver made Bully, London made Manhunt 2, etc.

No sh*t.

I didn't clarify "studios per game" because it's understandable anyway.

Edited by NeonDolphin

Jack Lupino

Well atleast there is a confirmed release date now.But 6 months delay is a bit too much.

I wonder how many times rockstar will delay the release of gta 6.

It will probably go like this:

Announced early 2019

1st date: Fall 2019

2nd date: Spring 2020

3rd date: Late 2020

Finally released: 2021 on ps5/xbox

Kally G

Im not even thinking about another GTA game haha. Its hard enough anticipating RDR2

saintsrow

Don't care once for the delay. Polished the "better" it is... What I dont like is the silent treatment they give us. Why announce a game or a project only to delay it furthermore. I understand the first one, ok. But another one?? At least Give us something during the time. HAHA "Weeks to come" HAHA dont make me laugh!!!!! These screen shots and thats it. Expect some drip feed Batch till like Sept. Goes to show the company is having problems and just not in development.

I do. If you look at GTAV's marketing campaign, they announced their delay on January 31st and that the game was coming on 09.17.13. This was followed by a drought until they released the character trailers in April. Given the similarities in announcement timing, I don't think we'll get much of anything before April at the earliest. If we're lucky, Rockstar will keep their word and feed us something in the "coming weeks," but that's just generic "few weeks or so" and "more this summer" type speak that they always use to close a bad announcement with something positive.

ROCKSTAR: "We are excited to announce that the next information about Red Dead Redemption 2 will be released a whole lot later than the coming weeks.

"We apologize to everyone disappointed by this delay. While we had hoped to have the info out sooner, we require a little extra time to really make sure you unworthy punks suffer."

Buckcote

No. They released screenshots in March. Cover art revealed in april. Kifflom thing happened in april too. Beside all of them they already share tons of info in november Gi cover. So if 26 october final date this time im sure we will get somrthing soon.

Dick Justice

I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

Edited by Dick Justice

GourangaMaster

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/31/battlefield-5-confirmed-october-2018-anthem-2019-7274935/

Soon: EA delays BF due to unforeseen circumstances

Nah. Battlefield is a monster series and BF1 was a huge success. BF2018 will do just as well released along the same time as RDR2. They are not in direct competition at all. Each are as anticipated as much in their respective fan bases.

Edited by GourangaMaster

SuperKitsune

Then it's back to speculating and conspiracy theories until April then. :(

Lavoe787

"We look forward to sharing a lot more information with you in the coming weeks."

Ok guys, let's have a bet on what coming weeks is.

It's probably coming months isn't it?

April? May?

The very same company that said In a few weeks or so back in 2012 then went quite for months.

John Smith

To be honest, given Rockstar's record these past few years, it wouldn't even shock me at this point if they announced this summer that it would be delayed until spring '19.

After the torturous months of nothing following V's announcement trailer, I've pretty much just learned to switch off and not care about it until whatever next piece of information is announced. It makes it so much easier. I actually completely forgot RDR2 was even a thing before some random news report about an Amazon release date popped up on the Google homepage a few weeks ago.

Jabalous

The announcement-to-release timeline of Redemption II is a replica of GTA V, except for the first 'Fall 2017' announcement which was probably nothing but a ploy by T2. Other than that, It's a one-month shift from September to October. This game, Redemption II, won't be delayed any further, not even by one week, I reckon.

Edited by Efreet

Vespid

GTA V not just created standards in the Industry but it also set the bar really high up for Rockstar. Its a huge huge success breaking records like most revenue generated in a 24hour period to things like it being one of the highest selling games on consoles ever.

Rockstar knows this.

What excites me is that Rockstar is gonna go all out with this one too and its gonna be another master piece.

Corndawg93

October huh, that's toooooo far, damn it Housers

Rammer2k

Well, at least there's no need to rush to get the last 2 Achievements done in GTA (Masterminds, and Elites).

Pink Pineapple

How did they miss the original release window by a year? They made Vice City in a year.

Kally G

How did they miss the original release window by a year? They made Vice City in a year.

Have you seen vice city recently? Its a great game for its time but playing it now... well ... feels like playing a game that took a year to make 😂.

Summertime

Online part of the game takes a long time to get it right. Microtransaction you know.

Edited by Summertime

Zello

That was 2001-2002 games have changed since then...

Spider-Vice

Because the III era games were like "mods" of each other, there wasn't that much effort involved as there is nowadays. Only SA was the more complex game based on the same engine.

~INDIO~

I really hope this game sells extremely well for them

Arnold165

Kinda sad that it got delayed again but not really surprising though. It might give me more time to play the first one on PS3 I guess haha (screw PS Now). Those screenshots tho!

SmokesWithCigs

Well, not what I was hoping for, but on the bright side we now got a definitve date! Too bad its the worst date of the year for me, my girlfriend's birthday. Haha! :blink:

Dump her

MCMXCII

Just saw this on Social Club. Is anyone really surprised by another delay? It's quite common for Rockstar to delay their games at least twice.

Since we have a actual date, I'll go ahead and add it to my calendar to make sure I don't miss it.

Anyways, I look forward to playing with you all in RDR2 multiplayer once the game is finally released. :)

Cutter De Blanc

They still need to implement the flying rocket powered horse mechanics before they release this

volta2001

definitely taking friday 26th off work. probably monday tuesday wednesday as well

ROCKSTAR MANIC

I atleast expect something in may just to fill in for the spring deadline they wanted to accomplish. I'm not salty, i can wait. Ive learned to wait. Would like another trailer with more shootout scenes. I want to see how the effects of shooting happen on the body in this game.

Jestic

V has 86.092 meshes (including GTAO, not including LOD1+ and characters)

VC has 3.298

That should give you a pretty good idea to the amount of work a modern (Rockstar) game takes

Not to mention V meshes have like tenfold the amount of polygons:P

Spider-Vice

V has 86.092 meshes (including GTAO, not including LOD1+ and characters)

VC has 3.298

That should give you a pretty good idea to the amount of work a modern (Rockstar) game takes

Not to mention V meshes have like tenfold the amount of polygons:P

And that's just from an art perspective. Then you have code and level design.

Despite differences, I don't think the Code team at Rockstar had that much work working on VC having III as a base.