Red Dead Redemption 2 coming October 26, 2018

JamRock7_

When is the next scheduled GI cover?

Next week!Please dear God in heaven

Mr. Morgan

They say the best way to deal with grief is to make stupid videos, so

Edited by Mr. Morgan

VolumeRX

I thought they delayed Anthem so it didnt eat into Battlefield 2s profits.

Wasn't there already a Battlefield 2? Heavy rumors are circulating about Bad Company 3 might really be happening. Doubt it though.

There was a BF2. the new BF is gonna be BF WW2, after that, BFBC3 will probably come out, both are at development, but BF WW2 will come out this year.

Edited by VolumeRX

_MK_

Man guess it has became a trademark for Rockstar to delay.

So now CG is delayed so that means PC is going to be delayed then that means VI CG will be delayed then VI PC will be delayed lawd have mercy on us,this thing is going to take for ever.

Edited by _MK_

JamRock7_

Wasn't there already a Battlefield 2? Heavy rumors are circulating about Bad Company 3 might really be happening. Doubt it though.

There was a BF2. the new BF is gonna be BF WW2, after that, BFBC2 will probably come out, both are at development, but BF WW2 will come out this year. bad company 2 is already out.

VolumeRX

There was a BF2. the new BF is gonna be BF WW2, after that, BFBC2 will probably come out, both are at development, but BF WW2 will come out this year.bad company 2 is already out.

Oops i meant 3

Player-85

Aghhhhh i hate this ! I mean come on Rockstar :(

feckyerlife

lol no thats what they want you to think, the game just isnt ready

_MK_

I'm not going to defend Rockstar over this again, they need to stop announcing release dates so early. It's just getting irritating at this point, how about you confirm the date when you're absolutely sure that it's coming at that time and the game is nearly finished??

I wouldn't be surprised not one bit if they ended up with another delay,it's their thing now days,they simply don't give a sh*t,remember the hell they put us through with V PC ? 3 delays like WTH not to mention how many years people have been waiting for the thing to come to PC.

I'm calling it,another delay for "polishing".

LucidLocomotive

PS2 era 3-4 games per year. 1 dev studio

PS3 era 1-2 games per year. 2-3 dev studios

PS4 era 1 game in 5 years. 7 dev studios

Total BS.

thats not true, they had multiple studios during PS2 era. North made GTA and Manhunt, San diego made Smugglers Run, Midnight Club and Red Dead Revolver, Vancouver made Bully, London made Manhunt 2, etc.

~INDIO~

Would love a new Manhunt after this is out but I doubt it'll ever happen sadly

BLOOD_WOLF

Someone should put an official Red Dead countdown on here lol

JamRock7_

I'm gonna try and look at the bright side: at least we have a firm release!

rebeldevil

I'm not happy about yet another delay, but if they need the time to finish it, fine. I'd rather wait longer than deal with a bug-riddled mess.

STARVING4NEWS

I'm pretty sure that game got banned in a sh*t ton of countries so looking at it with a business point of view,I doubt they will ever make one especially considering how underrated the game is

I'm pretty sure that game got banned in a sh*t ton of countries so looking at it with a business point of view,I doubt they will ever make one especially considering how underrated the game is

Yes I agree; it's too bad because still to this day, when the Manhunt games are mentioned, it's mentioned as 'something', special; "ohh Manhunt ? it's crazy dude, it's unique" And it is, it is unique and special.

Graphic

I'm gonna try and look at the bright side: at least we have a firm release!

True, but I will be even more safe and minimal and say; at least we have heard from them about RDR2, this is something, whatever the news.

Edited by anthony

Ruscris2

It was pretty much expected. R* usually starts to release more info about their games 3-4 months before it's release, They would've released some right after the holidays if it were to be released this spring.

Ash_735

Remember when Take-Two said they'd hold off announcing games until it's closer to the release? Good times.

That is business and commercial tactics anyway, like 8 months to polish ? How many people work on this ? 5/6 days a week, 10/12 hours per day ? That's seem a lot for 'polish' a game imo. Perhaps they have issues, some important problems that need this period of 8 months to fix..who knows.

One thing is sure tho, this is still business, and more than ever before.

Edited by anthony

~INDIO~

Far Cry 6 will be out before RDR 2 😂

Kally G

That is business and commercial tactics anyway, like 8 months to polish ? How many people work on this ? 5/6 days a week, 10/12 hours per day ? That's seem a lot for 'polish' a game imo. Perhaps they have issues, some important problems that need this period of 8 months to fix..who knows.

Or perhaps the game is just at such a high magnitude that it does require that much time to polish. Considering the quality of R* games, and considering how great their games always lok; Im sure its possible. I mean Im no game developer but I notice R* does focus more so on the smallest unimportant (but still incredibly important) details. Im sure theyre doing more than just a simple polish like most developers would do. Their open worlds often involve a lot more sh*t going on than your average open world game. Then again I could just be fanboying.

Maybe, I'm no game developer either; but still, it realllyyy seem a lot to me.

Edited by anthony

Spider-Vice

6-8 months is not a lot in game development. Some crunch times, aka non-stop, sometimes working nights, development lasts 6 months... That's like final stretch.

SeniorDerp

I imagine they were always far behind in development but weren't ever going to announce that. Picture back in May if they had made the announcement "We're way behind, we need another 12 months beyond our original target area of Fall '17"

GourangaMaster

Guess the good thing about these delays is that my hype for this now about 1. Even these screenshots as good as they did little to bring even a fraction closer to what it was after the first trailer. Will make the wait pretty easy actually.

Edited by GourangaMaster

ROCKSTAR MANIC

Don't care once for the delay. Polished the "better" it is... What I dont like is the silent treatment they give us. Why announce a game or a project only to delay it furthermore. I understand the first one, ok. But another one?? At least Give us something during the time. HAHA "Weeks to come" HAHA dont make me laugh!!!!! These screen shots and thats it. Expect some drip feed Batch till like Sept. Goes to show the company is having problems and just not in development.

Edited by ROCKSTAR MANIC

SuperKitsune

Don't care once for the delay. Polished the "better" it is... What I dont like is the silent treatment they give us. Why announce a game or a project only to delay it furthermore. I understand the first one, ok. But another one?? At least Give us something during the time. HAHA "Weeks to come" HAHA dont make me laugh!!!!! These screen shots and thats it. Expect some drip feed Batch till like Sept. Goes to show the company is having problems and just not in development.

So you think we will face yet another drought?

IG_

I think we can now concretely establish that every Rockstar game will get delayed.

Honestly, out of all the games released by Rockstar, RDR2 was one of the most likely to not be delayed, going by the fact that RDR2 was long in development before being announced in late 2016. And yet it was delayed twice.
Although if there's any positive news to go with, Rockstar is usually much more likely to stick to their release dates once they finally set a concrete release date instead of giving a season.

Anyways, it really is going to be a looong 8+ months. Hopefully, this time for real we can actually start getting more info.

Edited by IG_

Kally G

I love how R* utilizes their humour in their games but I would really like for RDR2 to shed light on some of the heavier, more serious parts of that time period as well. That part of history wasnt always pretty or fun so itd be nice to use their platform to convey that in a way. I also hope that they can follow up and effectively use comic relief with the classic R* humour.