3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Rich.

Red Dead Redemption 2 coming October 26, 2018

Jason

Crackdown, Far Cry and Spider-Man are all first half 2018 if memory serves, I don't see Activision moving CoD either, they've had that first week of November locked in for like a decade at this point. EA and Ubisoft with whatever their big fall release is, however, probably just shat them selves.

I still wonder if EA knew something about it when they delayed Anthem, it's been Fall 2018 since last years E3 and they just randomly delay it to early 2019 with seven or eight months still go before the launch period? If there's one game you don't want your big budget game-as-a-service "Destiny killer" to release alongside, it's RDR2 and RDR:O.

Dick Justice

I thought they delayed Anthem so it didnt eat into Battlefield 2s profits.

TheOriginalGunslinger

Wasn't there already a Battlefield 2? Heavy rumors are circulating about Bad Company 3 might really be happening. Doubt it though.

StJimmy

"The marketing campaign is finally starting"

I said for the third time since late 2016

Just FYI too, this puts them even further behind their 2012 outline, at this rate RDR2 might be the only new game they release this generation, where as the original plan was was GTAV DLC > RDR2 > New IP > Next GTA riding out up to late 2019.

Essentially being...
2013 - GTAV
2014 - GTAV NG/PC + DLC 1 and 2 + GTAO
2015 - GTAV DLC 3 + GTAO
2016 - GTAO
2017 - RDR2
2018 - New IP
2019 - Next GTA title

Has become...
2013 - GTAV
2014 - GTAV NG + GTAO
2015 - GTAV PC + GTAO
2016 - GTAO
2017 - GTAO
2018 - GTAO + RDR2
2019 - ???

We are in the darkest timeline bros

D T

cw9Dhs2.jpg

It's not like they owe you this game. Cool your jets.

I'm pretty sure this entertainment company owes us some entertainment. I've wasted enough cash on them over the years. Edited by D T

Jason

Yea that was they implied I think. The most likely scenario is that they don't want another repeat of Titanfall 2, I guess. Timing of both delay announcements is a bit of a coincidence though.

KyleCampbell95

Just FYI too, this puts them even further behind their 2012 outline, at this rate RDR2 might be the only new game they release this generation, where as the original plan was was GTAV DLC > RDR2 > New IP > Next GTA riding out up to late 2019.

Essentially being...

2013 - GTAV

2014 - GTAV NG/PC + DLC 1 and 2 + GTAO

2015 - GTAV DLC 3 + GTAO

2016 - GTAO

2017 - RDR2

2018 - New IP

2019 - Next GTA title

Has become...

2013 - GTAV

2014 - GTAV NG + GTAO

2015 - GTAV PC + GTAO

2016 - GTAO

2017 - GTAO

2018 - GTAO + RDR2

2019 - GTAO+ RDR2O

That's it.

:)

Seeing only gta online focus for nearly five years has made me sick to my stomach and now it will switch to RDO and GTAO.... I know it to be true but please..... say it ain't so....

2029 - BULLY2

I can dream can't I?

BurnettVice

I didn't think they would delay it twice. R* need to stop announcing their games early FFS. At first I was surprised, now I'm just disappointed. Ugh...eight months is a long facking wait man :(

Edited by BurnettVice

Kally G

When is the next scheduled GI cover?

Frantz Fuchs

Crackdown, Far Cry and Spider-Man are all first half 2018 if memory serves, I don't see Activision moving CoD either, they've had that first week of November locked in for like a decade at this point. EA and Ubisoft with whatever their big fall release is, however, probably just shat them selves.

I still wonder if EA knew something about it when they delayed Anthem, it's been Fall 2018 since last years E3 and they just randomly delay it to early 2019 with seven or eight months still go before the launch period? If there's one game you don't want your big budget game-as-a-service "Destiny killer" to release alongside, it's RDR2 and RDR:O.

FC is early yeah, Spiderman and crackdown are late. Will be interesting to see how cod competes.

What is Ubisoft's fall game this year?

Jason

FC is early yeah, Spiderman and crackdown are late. Will be interesting to see how cod competes.

What is Ubisoft's fall game this year?

Crackdown is still scheduled for Spring 2018 and Spider-Man is still slated for the first half of the year, maybe June for that? Sony have previous there with TLOU, MS have been silent on Crackdown though so maybe that'll get delayed yet again. Dunno what Ubi's fall game is, there's a rumour that AC is going back to yearly releases but I guess we'll see. The Division has another year of content planned so if I recall so it doesn't seem like we'll see a sequel for that either, though I vaguely remember Ubisoft saying they had a new IP in the works for this Fall?

IG_

I'm looking forward to Far Cry 5 as we wait even waaaay longer than expected for RDR2.

There has to be some open world game that's gonna keep my interest and Far Cry 5 does actually look quite good.

DGSimo

Next week!

Kally G

Next week!

What date exactly? Or is there no date?

DGSimo

Next week!
What date exactly? Or is there no date?

No date but could be Tuesday or Thursday? Can't say for certain lol

damienrayemusic

Next week!
What date exactly? Or is there no date?No date but could be Tuesday or Thursday? Can't say for certain lol i actually thoroughly believe by the wording of the post and just if we are going off history, the first piece of info very well could be a GI cover, id even be as bold as to say maybe next week the surprise before the TT meeting is the cover is RDR2... too early? No? I dont think so tbh but wanna hear thoughts

saintsrow

I didn't think they would delay it twice. R* need to stop announcing their games early FFS. At first I was surprised, now I'm just disappointed. Ugh...eight months is a long facking wait man :(

You know how it's gonna go. This new date is management imposed. The team will be pretty close to done, but they'll probably delay one more month to fix the final problems. RDR was delayed like that, right?

Dick Justice
i actually thoroughly believe by the wording of the post and just if we are going off history, the first piece of info very well could be a GI cover, id even be as bold as to say maybe next week the surprise before the TT meeting is the cover is RDR2... too early? No? I dont think so tbh but wanna hear thoughts

I wouldn't bank on it. They would have used that GI cover to help soften the blow of the delay if they could. GI cover in March is dicey too, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it as early as April which would still fall in line with Rockstar's definition of "coming weeks" even though it's two months away.

SuperKitsune

I agree, as I voted for April as well. When Rockstar says "weeks" we better take it with more than a grain of salt.

Sleepwalking

Oh man, screw this sh*t.

Their only new game in five years and it is f*cking delayed for twice, damn.

Legomanarthur

It wouldn't be a true Rockstar game if it wasn't delayed again. :p

I'm just going to wait for the PC version if there will be any.

Arabia

yay only 265 more days.

:whistle:

SeniorDerp

Maybe its the bitterness of a second delay but the response from R* did actually read as though they arent happy with pushing it back again and I feel like if there is an info drought itll be a small-ish one ~3months.

However, on the plus side, this gives R* a chance for a full marketing campaign. GTAV got its GI cover nearly a year ahead of release, then got a delay. In reality, an RDR2 cover could come any month especially since it has a real release date now.

Edited by SeniorDerp

Arabia

Maybe its the bitterness of a second delay but the response from R* did actually read as though they arent happy with pushing it back again and I feel like if there is an info drought itll be a small-ish one ~3months.

However, on the plus side, this gives R* a chance for a full marketing campaign. GTAV got its GI cover nearly a year ahead of release, then got a delay. In reality, an RDR2 cover could come any month especially since it has a real release date now.

You're absolutely right.

but an 8 month delay seems like the game doesn't just need a little polish if I'm not mistaken, it seems like they still have a bit to iron out before they let anyone try it.

SeniorDerp

You're absolutely right.

but an 8 month delay seems like the game doesn't just need a little polish if I'm not mistaken, it seems like they still have a bit to iron out before they let anyone try it.

If were taking the early leak that named Arthur with a grain of salt, it mentioned them being in development hell. The problems could be over now and this second delay is them still feeling the effects of that early struggle.

OR since GTAV is still a number 1 game. R* went to T2 and asked for more time to work in more things they wouldve otherwise had to scrap due to basically playing catch up after the problems early in development

Edited by SeniorDerp

Not even close to impressive for me, environments and layouts seem to be pretty weak. Basically, it look like GTA 5..and on many levels.

As for the delay, well it was expected as f*ck.

Edited by anthony

GTAFanClub

I don't think it looks like GTA 5 at all. Looking like GTA 5 isn't a bad thing anyways.

Jabalous

Big difference from GTA5, but hey, mountains still look mountains. What's there to improve other than on a micro level which can be appreciated more in motion? Better to reserve judgments until a Gameplay Series video is available.

Edited by Efreet

INFERNO E100

Ok i'm officially not going to play gta online and buy Rdr2 anymore. Trashstargames has turned in EA trash. C'mon seriously no announcement trailer at least and only a cowboy screenshot with his back turned indicates disrespect towards us.

the announcement trailer was in 2016... when they, you know, announced the game!

Dream-_-Traveler

I'm excited . 8) I hope they used a different engine or at least tweaked it so we dont have another cover shooter .

Im saying i don't want a reskin of gtav r*...im watching you. . .