3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Rich.

Red Dead Redemption 2 coming October 26, 2018

mombo2811

Just FYI too, this puts them even further behind their 2012 outline, at this rate RDR2 might be the only new game they release this generation, where as the original plan was was GTAV DLC > RDR2 > New IP > Next GTA riding out up to late 2019.

Essentially being...

2013 - GTAV

2014 - GTAV NG/PC + DLC 1 and 2 + GTAO

2015 - GTAV DLC 3 + GTAO

2016 - GTAO

2017 - RDR2

2018 - New IP

2019 - Next GTA title

Has become...

2013 - GTAV

2014 - GTAV NG + GTAO

2015 - GTAV PC + GTAO

2016 - GTAO

2017 - GTAO

2018 - GTAO + RDR2

2019 - ???

Where have u heard them working On a new ip from? Edited by mombo2811

Grizzy

9 months for "extra polish" seems like a bit of a stretch..

Ash_735

I understand that many people that play games, get mad at delays and bitch about the dev's laziness have nothing to do in their personal lives but wait for other games to be released.

Well arnt you the assuming type, let's correct a few things you think of me then, first off, I have a life, a job, etc, if anything I don't game much and certainly have no time for online gaming (thus why I'm not interested in GTAO), Rockstar Games were one of the Devs whose games I always enjoyed and looked forward too, so yeah, at this point for me it'll be over 5 years since I've had a huge game from Rockstar to play. Their internal problems and shift of focus to Online has left me let down with their recent actions.

And I actually know people who work at studios, so cut the crap insinuating that anyone who complains must be a no life who doesn't understand how game development works.

Edited by Ash_735

Darealbandicoot

Just FYI too, this puts them even further behind their 2012 outline, at this rate RDR2 might be the only new game they release this generation, where as the original plan was was GTAV DLC > RDR2 > New IP > Next GTA riding out up to late 2019.

Essentially being...

2013 - GTAV

2015 - GTAV DLC 3 + GTAO

2016 - GTAO

2017 - RDR2

2018 - New IP

2019 - Next GTA title

Has become...

2013 - GTAV

2014 - GTAV NG + GTAO

2015 - GTAV PC + GTAO

2016 - GTAO

2017 - GTAO

2018 - GTAO + RDR2

2019 - GTAO+ RDR2O

That's it.

:)

Seeing only gta online focus for nearly five years has made me sick to my stomach and now it will switch to RDO and GTAO.... I know it to be true but please..... say it ain't so....

Edited by Darealbandicoot

GourangaMaster

I would not be surprised if the massive battlefront 2 lootbox backlash threw a spanner in the works with their intended system for RDR online and they are now reworking it avoid the same reaction. Something tells me this is part if not the major cause for the delay.

1 year of polish? Call me cynical but yeah i don't but it.

Edited by GourangaMaster

Bullit1990

Can't have a Rockstar title releasing without a delay or 2.

GourangaMaster

Graphics remind me of BF1

49c7d29293f89dfef95969fde62f5c27e7cc780c

Very nice indeed

Coincidentally Battlefield 2 is apparently scheduled for an October release too.

toxluv

Expected another delay, but I'm sure the wait will be worth it!

Edited by toxluv

damienrayemusic

Im so f*cking hyped its ridiculous. Im going thru a grieving process rn and cant srop thinkin about it. October 25th im going to a midnight release with my dad... UGH I NEED IT I DONT NEED IT..

I NEEEEEEED IT!!!😭😭 Ive been at work all day unfortunately havent been able to contribute to the now amazing convos with actual info we now have. But ill be home soon

deadasdisco

Analyst predictions and rumours suggest PS5 will be around 2020-2021. Fitting with there increased sales strategy from GTA 5, RDR2 being pushed back could suggest another attempt. Not saying this delay was on purpose, probably has a sh*t ton of internal issues but this delay shouldn't be a major problem for them.

2018: RDR2 - X1/X1X and PS4/PS4Pro

2019: RDR2 - PC

2020/2021: GTA 6 & Continued RDR2 support, (possible remaster).

Only way for that to have maximum benefit is a year gap between RDR2 remaster and GTA 6 release in any order.

Edited by deadasdisco

Frantz Fuchs

Graphics remind me of BF1

Very nice indeed

It's using the same lighting technique as BF1.

MrTroubleMaker

I can wait, but I don't like how there is no PC release info yet.

Jimbatron

5h1t the bed. A R* title delayed. Well I never, who'd have thunk it.

Sarcasm just got taken out the back and had the crap beaten out of it.

VolumeRX

One thing is certain though: those god damned graphics! It looks so sharp too I wouldn't be surprised it these were 4K images downscaled to 1080p.

Let's not exaggerate, 4K downscaled to 1080P? while the game looks really really beautiful, It lacks details for sure in some areas.

Look at these:

Here the right side of the street's ground, looks bland and has poor textures,no shadows, not even from the horse's legs, they skip some things.

https://media.rockstargames.com/rockstargames-newsite/uploads/c6a4b95cdb837c0dcace6e17f986be52b8c9e968.jpg

Here at 0:14 The ground looks terrible, textures and everything.. the rolled up thingy on the right looks undetailed as hell, even not really rounded, has rough edges.. the hay on the right too

https://www.rockstargames.com/videos/video/12000

Arthur's arm here looks bad. the hand and the arm lack so much detail. even the white part of the saddle in the middle of Arthur's horse just looks bland with not texture

https://media.rockstargames.com/rockstargames-newsite/uploads/5b5313332394d20cd7c3c91987529d9dd15a242e.jpg

The ground looks pretty bad here. self evident.

https://media.rockstargames.com/rockstargames-newsite/uploads/bb98bc168c6a89180a326def291efeff23f6bb51.jpg

This is NOT 4K in any way, I'm sorry. the game in general looks great, but lacks detail and textures. PC will look better, and thankfully won't be limited to 30FPS as RDR2 looks like it will with the trailers being 30FPS.

jackp2009

With a 5 year gap between games, it's crazy to think we might not see GTA VI till 2023. 10 years after V

SuperKitsune

Has anybody zoomed in on Arthur's face while he's riding next to the cowgirl? Holy crap, now that's the look of a man with determination. I can't put my finger on it, but he looks really badass in that screenshot. Eye of the tiger.

Edited by SuperKitsune

ArthurMorgan

October 2018 shall henceforth be known as Rocktober. Bring it on!

Holland_Hicks

Does anyone actually get fired or in trouble when such a massive company misses a deadline like this????

saintsrow

Environment destruction looks fantastic.

t09uTtm.png

Cutscene.

PapaFuerte

They tweeked Arthur's look a bit, I can't make out what it is but he looks different (his face), maybe it's just the angles..

That bag.. I have a inclination that that bag is going to be a big part of the story. Arthur has to be in charge of the gangs money and maybe he actually turns on the gang, steal their dolla Dolla bills... I just got that vibe off from the pic with him and he blonde woman.

Such a long wait, just hope that was last drought, I'm starting to get over delay.. kinda but at least hope they stay somewhat consistent with updates.. I hope.

These screens at least give new ideas to speculate about the narrative and the world of Red Dead Redemption 2!

1 thing I am excited about that I don't know if anyone else is but how the sky's, the land, vegetation will look, because there were no cars and pollution so it's going to be amazing day and night gameplay.

Where are some of the regulars? J. Dillinger.. renegade.. Will be good when they get a chance to peep the new screens, except they will see it's delayed.. eh.

Really just waiting for J. Dillinger reactions lol

Edited by PapaFuerte

Dick Justice

So that is Dutchs bag!

Rockstar Vienna

I guess many of us expected a September or even early October release. But late October is a bit surprising tbh. Right into the middle of the "fall game release madness". Not that Rockstar has to care but I wonder what other companies are thinking right now. Dice and EA for example. I love Battlefield but I couldn't care less about it when Red Dead comes out in the same month.

Dick Justice

To be honest, I'm still quite peeved by that Easy Allies bloke who got us all hyped for last September. Geez, we were so young back then...

Zello

I guess many of us expected a September or even early October release. But late October is a bit surprising tbh. Right into the middle of the "fall game release madness". Not that Rockstar has to care but I wonder what other companies are thinking right now. Dice and EA for example. I love Battlefield but I couldn't care less about it when Red Dead comes out in the same month.

Ubisoft is probably scrambling around trying to figure out their fall schedule. I don't think they release another AC this year after all the positive attention that Origins got for taking a year off. I think they give AC a break this year. I'm more concerned about a potential Watch Dogs 3 I know it hasn't been confirmed but if it exists and if they planned to release it this fall they might delay it. There is no way Watch Dogs 3 can compete against RDR2 in the fall especially with their history.

Edited by Zello

Holland_Hicks

Nine months for "a little extra polish" is bullsh*t though, I don't care what anyone says. Something must be seriously wrong with this game. I don't know if it's the way they've implemented micro transactions or loot boxes, and fear of backlash because of that or what, but something is obviously very wrong.

Rockstar Vienna

Nine months for "a little extra polish" is bullsh*t though, I don't care what anyone says. Something must be seriously wrong with this game. I don't know if it's the way they've implemented micro transactions or loot boxes, and fear of backlash because of that or what, but something is obviously very wrong.

Nine months from now but not nine months from Spring. More like 5 more months then. Hard to say if something went wrong or if it's really just for the "extra polish". Who knows!? But one thing's for sure imo... The Fall 2017 release window was BS right from the start and never going to happen.

Edited by Rockstar Vienna

ChengizVlad09

Sheesh... I'm not being worried about the delay itself, since we have the exact release date, but I must say it was unexpected, at least for me. I think, and don't quote me on this one, but this is actually the first time that major Rockstar's AAA title has been delayed for the second time, not counting the original release time frame - anyone who keeps track on those things simply knows that there's no way they'll put the game on shelves when they say they will, right after the initial announcement.

Truth to be told, we aren't seeing too many of those triple A's too often coming from R*, on regular basis.

What worries me, is that Leslie's claims never sounded more true: They might indeed need the Benz after all.

I'm digressing here a lot, but considering microtransactions and T2 greediness, I'm not expecting too much from this game, not even singleplayer wise.

Even their announcement attempts to be too humble for their own good and by addressing the public that way, it might, just might, reveal some fear.

The last one could be me imagining things, but I'd say, R* lost some horse power and most definitely way too much comfort now that the Benz is gone.

Edited by ChengizVlad09

Spider-Vice

This is not Rockstar's worst example. Max Payne 3 was delayed four (I think) times, from an initial date of Winter 2009 to a final date of May 2012.

damienrayemusic

Remember people "extra polish" could mean anything. Plus this is a next gen rockstar game, the first one ever. No one can say how long it should take unless you work at R* on RDR2 and can back it up. WE GOT A DATE isnt everyone happy about that?!

Frantz Fuchs

Essentially being...

2013 - GTAV

2015 - GTAV DLC 3 + GTAO

2016 - GTAO

2017 - RDR2

2018 - New IP

2019 - Next GTA title

Has become...

2013 - GTAV

2014 - GTAV NG + GTAO

2015 - GTAV PC + GTAO

2016 - GTAO

2017 - GTAO

2018 - GTAO + RDR2

2019 - ???

I honestly don't think there will be a 2019. This will be the only game this generation.

Battlefield 2, Crackdown 3, Far Cry 5, Spiderman etc etc will all be scrambling. I hope R* kills CoD this year, though Activision will try to push it to late Nov to compensate.