Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,693 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
El Payaso

Did the enemies in the Act 3 finale get nerfed?

El Payaso

The mission feels easier. The enemies aren't as avid terminators as they were before and your health gets regenerated back to full.

Rafae

and your health gets regenerated back to full.

You sure that wasn't just the CEO regeneration bonus?

AgentPlum

Done act III finale again last night, the NPCs do seem a little less brutal to be honest

Jimbatron

I think it just feels easier with practice. If you put yourself in certain situations - e.g moving forward out of cover at the wrong time - you can die quick. Over time you learn either consciously or instinctively to avoid those situations.

I still got insta-killed last night, stepped forward when I thought all the bad guys in a section where dead, there was still one to the left without a blip on the radar. One more corner to learn to check before moving forward.

StangOne50

I think it just feels easier with practice. If you put yourself in certain situations - e.g moving forward out of cover at the wrong time - you can die quick. Over time you learn either consciously or instinctively to avoid those situations.

I still got insta-killed last night, stepped forward when I thought all the bad guys in a section where dead, there was still one to the left without a blip on the radar. One more corner to learn to check before moving forward.

Yep this happens alot even though i know where most enemies are now. Idk if the blips were designed to not appear or if its lag or a combination of both but its pretty bad. I clear an area and i move forward and then im dead.

I definitely do not think they were nerfed.

Edited by StangOne50

KWF1981

Knowledge is power, lol.

True though.

Mrs. Buzz

>snip< Over time you learn either consciously or instinctively to avoid those situations.

>snip< One more corner to learn to check before moving forward.

+

Knowledge is power, lol.

True though.

Those without knowledge or playin' on dope

might use mk2 sniper with a thermal scope. :blink:

[some wise guy I met]

:lol:

zecanelao

Not nerfed at all, but sometimes it does seem easier than normal. But you can't trust in this feeling. The enemies are unpredictable, some are stupid, others are simply overpowered and kill you instantly.

secrecy274

Not nerfed at all, but sometimes it does seem easier than normal. But you can't trust in this feeling. The enemies are unpredictable, some are stupid, others are simply overpowered and kill you instantly.

They're all stupid, all the time.

However sometimes Clifford "assume control" and uses its vastly superior processors to activate the drones "terminator protocol", very demanding on the drone, shortening its life-expectancy, but powerful.

Or Rockstar just suck at coding and had to inflate the difficulty somehow.

Edited by secrecy274

AgentPlum

\Empty a magazine in to an enemy, gets up ... smash them with a machne gun 'whip' as you are close, dead ... R* logic

shmok2

You just got better in doing it. I believe that if they would have changed something I would have felt it because I play it almost every day. Most of the time I play with randoms and I see them slaughtered over and over again. For example today I played with someone who didn't look stupid (he used cover and didn't rush things) and yet he died around 20 times in around 2 hours of failed attempts to complete the finale.

I definitely think that this mission is too hard even though I completed it many times. The current community of gtao players on the PS4 contains a huge amount of ppl who are used to using armored vehicles in missions so when they can't use it they are almost helpless. Without something like the armored kuruma it's hard for them to survive and this mission shows it very well.

SuperJude™

The first time through it feels like they swarm from everywhere and you could get overwhelmed all of a sudden.

Once you have played a bit it's easier to kmow where they spawn from, what angles of approach they take, what the best spots are to fight from.

Make a wrong move and it's still massive damage/insta kill.

Played with a first timer last night and noticed this. He was feeling overwhelmed at times but I could generally predict where they would spawn and where they would hide.

El Payaso

and your health gets regenerated back to full.

You sure that wasn't just the CEO regeneration bonus?

I don't know. Maybe. When I think about it though, I was an associate so that could be true.

It feels weird because I played it the past two days and we got through it without dying at all and in very good time.

P.S. I'm not complaining at all if they got nerfed. I'm actually glad.

StangOne50

You just got better in doing it. I believe that if they would have changed something I would have felt it because I play it almost every day. Most of the time I play with randoms and I see them slaughtered over and over again. For example today I played with someone who didn't look stupid (he used cover and didn't rush things) and yet he died around 20 times in around 2 hours of failed attempts to complete the finale.

I definitely think that this mission is too hard even though I completed it many times. The current community of gtao players on the PS4 contains a huge amount of ppl who are used to using armored vehicles in missions so when they can't use it they are almost helpless. Without something like the armored kuruma it's hard for them to survive and this mission shows it very well.

Dude wtf you actually stuck around long enough for the random to die 20 times lol You have alot more patience than most.

shmok2
Dude wtf you actually stuck around long enough for the random to die 20 times lol You have alot more patience than most.

It's a very common thing for me to stay a long time with someone who dies many times if the player is the type of person that feels like he has potential.

Today I played with someone random and on the 1st run we smoothly got to the servers part and I completed hacking all 4 servers but as soon as I finished the 4th server a NPC behind me killed me and I was shocked because the game still didn't gave me back the control on my character so I was completely helpless while I was accumulating damage. After that we never reached the 4th server again... My team mate died over and over again for about an hour and a half until eventually I've run out of snacks and armor so I also began to die and he wanted to stop.

Fun 2

Nothing was updated.

Associates receive full health regeneration within CEO Proximity.

Maybe you played with high levels ?

Rank 200 or above can recharge his health 20% faster, 40% within CEO Proximity.

Thehunteroftruth

Nothing was updated.

Associates receive full health regeneration within CEO Proximity.

Maybe you played with high levels ?

Rank 200 or above can recharge his health 20% faster, 40% within CEO Proximity.

Completely unreleated but do you happen to know something about npc rapid fire, by looking at files?

Ghoffman9

Yep this happens alot even though i know where most enemies are now. Idk if the blips were designed to not appear or if its lag or a combination of both but its pretty bad. I clear an area and i move forward and then im dead.

I definitely do not think they were nerfed.

You are not imagining things, enemies in this update are not afraid to spawn two feet behind you and shoot you in the back. It happens all throughout all three acts.

They are most blatant and obvious with it on the act three finale with goons charging outside of spawn rooms right beside you. You could be standing right in front of spawn door yet countless clones will continue to charge through.

SuperJude™

Very true.

I met you via random join and we beat the finale with just the 2 of us with 0 deaths 0 restarts. We progressed methodically, you did hacks I shot Clones, progressed safely to the Jetpacks. It felt easy.

Then I did it the next night with a guy who was excellent on setups but the Heist involved lots of dying and took well over an hour.

He was decent though.

Yesterday, 4 man crew, took almost 2 hours. Painful and slow. Dying everywhere everyone always dies.

In doorway where tank/barrage stops.

Again because minigun guys respawn when you restart checkpoint.

Again in first room.

Solo minigun guy in hallway.

Blown up by shooting right next to explosive crate.

Many deaths working through tunnels.

At end of tunnels because of guys behind barriers.

Then we get to the main level and even when I'm trying to say "there are 12 guys to kill before we move upstairs" it still took 5 or 6 times to move upstairs...

Where we spent 45 minutes on redoing it because people taking cover in front of spawn points, not going for headshots, using the wrong weapons (shotgun is great just maybe not for guys all the way across the room?)

2 more deaths trying to leave.

Ugh.

Edited by SuperJude™

GenericGTAO

If your partner isnt laggy, you can breeze through these heists. If the partner had bad internet or is far away in the real world, then you are screwed. The npcs will appear to be shooting like a player.

Edited by GenericGTAO