Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,226 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Not A Nice Person

Disgraced Doctor Larry Nassar gets sentenced 40 to 175 years for sexual abuse

Skeever

I'd personally love to skin this c*nt's balls whilst forcing him to listen to Coldplay

How dare you. How f*cking dare you. No one should ever be subjected to such a vile and depraved act... I suggest you seek help immediately.

Forcing someone to listen to Coldplay... what the hell's wrong with you?

K^2

I want to put a f/cking bullet in his brain and toss him into an unmarked ditch. there's no pain in that.

You are still providing no value to that action beyond your own self-gratification. You're not really making a strong argument for being better.

Now, I don't mean to actually compare you to the refuse of humanity that is the topic of discussion. I don't know you well enough to know for sure, but odds are good that you're at least a decent human being. What I'm trying to point out is that there is a core reasoning flaw in your argument that's also underlined in his actions. He thought he was better. He did what he did to his victims because he wanted to, and because he either couldn't think of a reason not to, or ignored it, because he thought he was better.

Part of actually being better is not causing harm to others for reasons that go no further than your own whim. You should have actual reason to even suggest putting someone down. Otherwise, you aren't actually better. Just lacking in depravity. Which, you know, is a good quality to lack, but claiming to be better on that account is a bit like claiming to be better than a cripple. Being better is going beyond your nature and doing things that are constructive. That's what civilized world is built on. And sometimes, maintaining that civility means letting someone live, when they really don't deserve to.

That said, if he trips in the common yard and falls on a shiv five times, well, these things happen. There is reason enough to maintain a degree of order in prisons, but I don't really expect any of the guards to put their lives under any additional risk to shield his.

Femme Fatale

I'd personally love to skin this c*nt's balls whilst forcing him to listen to Coldplay

How dare you. How f*cking dare you. No one should ever be subjected to such a vile and depraved act... I suggest you seek help immediately.

Forcing someone to listen to Coldplay... what the hell's wrong with you?

Skeevy, this is probably one of the oldest jokes in the book. :p

Skeever

Yes, I have a bad sense of humor.

In Holland he most likely would have gotten community service.

True. For all the sh*t my country gets, at least we're usually not lenient in cases like these. If this happened in western or northern Europe, the outrage from the public would most likely be over him receiving probation rather than the acts he committed.

Raavi

True. For all the sh*t my country gets, at least we're usually not lenient in cases like these. If this happened in western or northern Europe, the outrage from the public would most likely be over him receiving probation rather than the acts he committed.

Not quite.

See e.g Art. 245 Sr, Art. 246 Sr, Art. 248 (1) and Art. 249 Sr (Dutch Criminal Code). This would have resulted in a prison sentence of about 12-16 years if not more. On top of that he would have without a shadow of a doubt gotten an additional period forensic psychiatric custody (TBS), as is almost mandatory in these types of cases. The prolonging of this custody to be reviewed every 3 years and be extended indefinitely. Which can, and in some cases is, effectively a life sentence.

Whilst we indeed don't have a system with sentences exceeding anyone's natural lifetime, a concept I take issue with- at the point of sentencing someone to 175 years one should just call a spade, a spade and call it a life sentence. The notion that a sexual predator would walk free in our justice system as my fellow dutchie suggests is frankly absurd.

HeavyDuke

Not quite.

See e.g Art. 245 Sr, Art. 246 Sr, Art. 248 (1) and Art. 249 Sr (Dutch Criminal Code). This would have resulted in a prison sentence of about 12-16 years if not more. On top of that he would have without a shadow of a doubt gotten an additional period forensic psychiatric custody (TBS), as is almost mandatory in these types of cases. The prolonging of this custody to be reviewed every 3 years and be extended indefinitely. Which can, and in some cases is, effectively a life sentence.

Whilst we indeed don't have a system with sentences exceeding anyone's natural lifetime, a concept I take issue with- at the point of sentencing someone to 175 years one should just call a spade, a spade and call it a life sentence. The notion that a sexual predator would walk free in our justice system as my fellow dutchie suggests is frankly absurd.

Yeah well, they say 12-16 years, but in the end most seem to be thrown back on the street in not even half of that. Then they can go out and rape/murder some more during their 'so called review period' Which has happend all to often.

Murdick

Boils my piss sh*t like this. Just kill the c*nt and be done with it.

El Dildo

I want to put a f/cking bullet in his brain and toss him into an unmarked ditch. there's no pain in that.

You are still providing no value to that action

you're overthinking everything.

the value here is that the trash has been taken out.

that's the end of it.

prison time accomplishes nothing.

reading victim impact statements accomplishes nothing.

take

out

the

trash

Part of actually being better is not causing harm to others for reasons that go no further than your own whim.

stop putting words in my mouth.

nobody said anything about harm.

bullet in the brain is about as painless and humane as it gets.

Edited by El Diablo

Carbonox

reading victim impact statements accomplishes nothing.

I mean it does accomplish making the c*nt real uncomfortable, so more power to that in my book.

trip

What exactly is 'cruel and unusual punishment'? i kid.

Tonguegirl

Just out of interest:

Do all the overly-elaborate threats and death/rape fantasies aimed at this individual extend to others in the news like Weinstein or Spacey, or even members of various terror groups, or are they limited to people preying on underage girls?

Never fails to amaze me how some people turn to stereotypical 'mob' behaviours when the issue of child abuse rears it's head. "Kill 'em"; "Cut their balls off" "Give me 5 minutes with them", blah, blah, blah.

'Rule of law' or 'vigilantism', choose your poison but choose wisely. Don't talk a bunch of increasingly aggressive bollocks just because you think you should. I've heard numerous idiots in pubs talking about this very thing. It becomes almost competitive, seeing who can come up with the most depraved acts of violence to mete out to this guy; the most depraved 'wins'. What have you won? All you've done is devolved our species further into a cesspool.

Thankfully there's Moderators on here to stop things from escalating. Not so in pubs where logic and reasoned arguments are met with threats and actual violence. Something to think about.

Edited by Tonguegirl

sreyazsec

Or maybe people just don't like paedophiles..

Carbonox

Just out of interest:

Do all the overly-elaborate threats and death/rape fantasies aimed at this individual extend to others in the news like Weinstein or Spacey, or even members of various terror groups, or are they limited to people preying on underage girls?

Never fails to amaze me how some people turn to stereotypical 'mob' behaviours when the issue of child abuse rears it's head. "Kill 'em"; "Cut their balls off" "Give me 5 minutes with them", blah, blah, blah.

'Rule of law' or 'vigilantism', choose your poison but choose wisely. Don't talk a bunch of increasingly aggressive bollocks just because you think you should. I've heard numerous idiots in pubs talking about this very thing. It becomes almost competitive, seeing who can come up with the most depraved acts of violence to mete out to this guy; the most depraved 'wins'. What have you won? All you've done is devolved our species further into a cesspool.

Thankfully there's Moderators on here to stop things from escalating. Not so in pubs where logic and reasoned arguments are met with threats and actual violence. Something to think about.

To any people who might mistake this for a sensible opinion, keep in mind it's coming from someone who has a history of committing unsoliticed sexual harassment of their own on this very site.

E: Not that there's anything sensible about this in the first place, plus it's funny that it happens to be you that's so uncomfortable about all of this lmao.

Edited by Carbonox

Personal

NONCEnce

What kind of pubs do you go to? Ones where f*cking with hundreds of kids is accepted, and gets you free drinks and sh*t?

I don't know what planet you're living on where you expect people like this to be treated nicely, but it's not this one.

Get real.

HeavyDuke

whatever.

I love how Doctor Larry complained that it was unfair and unduly stressful for him to have to sit there and listen to victim impact statements...

Yeah well, its that kind of guy.

1iehki.png

Bet he thought he would get some awesome reward or something.

Typhus

In truth, I don't see the profit in leaving them alive. I'm not speaking in a retributive fashion, but simply practical. This person will never be free again, and if they were they would not be a productive member of society. No one would forget what they had done, and at that stage, when he has abused so many people, I do not think he has the capacity to change and atone for what he has done. It's part of him, it's clearly something he can't help.

At that stage, imprisonment ceases to be rehabilitative. And if that's the case, then where is the logic in leaving them alive? People like this are not muggers or drunk-drivers who can be scared straight, they are sick animals. Isn't it more humane to do away with them quickly and efficiently, rather than prolonging their life when they probably don't even register the true evil of what they've done?

Edited by Typhus

John Smith

At that stage, imprisonment ceases to be rehabilitative. And if that's the case, then where is the logic in leaving them alive? People like this are not muggers or drunk-drivers who can be scared straight, they are sick animals. Isn't it more humane to do away with them quickly and efficiently, rather than prolonging their life when they probably don't even register the true evil of what they've done?

Completely concur with what this ^matey said.

Tonguegirl

Just out of interest:

To any people who might mistake this for a sensible opinion, keep in mind it's coming from someone who has a history of committing unsoliticed sexual harassment of their own on this very site.

E: Not that there's anything sensible about this in the first place, plus it's funny that it happens to be you that's so uncomfortable about all of this lmao.

And so the idiocy begins smh.

FYI, I said a guy was cute in the Member Photos thread. OMG the audacity, stone me to death in public. The only reason it was frowned on was because, as the moderators pointed out, there's a stricter rule for comments on that particular thread. If my comment had been made any any other part of the internet it wouldn't even be an issue. Also, the moderator themselves advised me to use PM if I wanted to make comments like that in future, so the comment itself wasn't the issue, it was the area it was used in.

Thank you though for qualifying my point. You disagree with what I've written, so you come out swinging and making false accusations about someone in order to somehow discredit them and give credence to your own point of veiw,

Idiocy at large.

NONCEnce

What kind of pubs do you go to? Ones where f*cking with hundreds of kids is accepted, and gets you free drinks and sh*t?

I don't know what planet you're living on where you expect people like this to be treated nicely, but it's not this one.

Get real.

Clearly you're on a spectrum of some sort, so I'll be gentle with you :colgate:

You've missed the point entirely and succeeded in doing what the previous genius did. The violence in the pub wasn't aimed at Larry Nassar it was aimed at the people who objected to death/maiming threats being said out loud in a public place. The 'peado bashers' turned their anger onto members of the public and beat two guys to a pulp for qustioning them.

Thinking obviously isn't at the top of you guys 'to-do' list.

Personal

You've missed the point entirely and succeeded in doing what the previous genius did. The violence in the pub wasn't aimed at Larry Nassar it was aimed at the people who objected to death/maiming threats being said out loud in a public place. The 'peado bashers' turned their anger onto members of the public and beat two guys to a pulp for qustioning them.

No, actually. I'm pretty sure I understood your point the first time I read your post.

I don't think you really understand how damaging that kind of sh*t can be to someone.

Sexual abusers, and people that mess with children (especially in a position of trust!!) shouldn't be given jail time. they deserve worse.

Anyone that sympathises with people like that are people I'd be wary of, as it is. It's pretty worrying how anyone couldn't want any other kind of punishment for people like Larry Nassar.

It's also good that there are moderators around to stop your unwarranted and gross comments on people that probably don't want them from escalating. :)

Edited by Personal

Tonguegirl

No, actually. I'm pretty sure I understood your point the first time I read your post.

I don't think you really understand how damaging that kind of sh*t can be to someone.

Sexual abusers, and people that mess with children (especially in a position of trust!!) shouldn't be given jail time. they deserve worse.

Anyone that sympathises with people like that are people I'd be wary of, as it is. It's pretty worrying how anyone couldn't want any other kind of punishment for people like Larry Nassar.

It's also good that there are moderators around to stop your unwarranted and gross comments on people that probably don't want them from escalating. :)

And would you be the person to dish out the punishment or would you prefer that someone else did it?

It's not sympathising with Larry Nassar, though it's interesting that you've chosen to escalate it into that realm, it's questioning the motives and morality of the people who want to inflict harm on an individual outside of the legal system. The morality of these people is dictated by whatever they hear in the media at any given time, and if it involves kids it's gloves off time and death sentences all round.

The problem is, most of these pillars of society are the kinds of people who throw bricks through Pediatricians windows because it kind of sounds like peado. You know the type, right. :blink:

Edited by Tonguegirl

Murdick

It's a completely normal reaction to wish a gruesome death upon a child molester with not only a handful, but a hundred offences. Idk, people trying to stir the pot for drama these days.. Don't bite to the tard, peeps.

sreyazsec

Did you seriously just imply someone is 'on the spectrum' purely because they rightfully called you out on your silly nonsense?

Okay, so now we have the whole 'he deserves it for posting pictures' and the spectrum insult to remember you by. You're literally complaining about people acting like fools, whilst acting like a damn fool.
Can you not see your own hypocrisy?

Don't talk 'a bunch of increasingly aggressive bollocks' says the girl making remarks about people being on the spectrum with a silly little smile slapped on the end of you patronising sh*te.

Edited by ceszayers

Tonguegirl

It's a completely normal reaction to wish a gruesome death upon a child molester with not only a handful, but a hundred offences. Idk, people trying to stir the pot for drama these days.. Don't bite to the tard, peeps.

And are you going to be the one who carries out that death sentence or are you just acting tough on the internet?

Did you seriously just imply someone is 'on the spectrum' purely because they rightfully called you out on your silly nonsense?

Okay, so now we have the whole 'he deserves it for posting pictures' and the spectrum insult to remember you by. You're literally complaining about people acting like fools, whilst acting like a damn fool.

Don't talk 'a bunch of increasingly aggressive bollocks' says the girl making remarks about people being on the spectrum with a silly little smile slapped on the end of you patronising sh*te.

The 'silly nonsense' being the perfectly rational argument I put forward that was completely slammed because I wasn't talking about beheading peados?

Sure, the comment I made in the member photos was ill-conceived. but in an ADULT audience with people of a mature mind, it wouldn't have been an issue. But I digress.

The original point I made earlier was about 'mob-mentality' and how people feel threatened when their extreme views are questioned. They tend to go out of their way to try and silence anyone making a valid point, by any means necessary.

I'm sure all of your posts have been completely beyond reproach and not in any way derogatory; :sly: right? Calling other people hypocrites lol.

Murdick

And are you going to be the one who carries out that death sentence or are you just acting tough on the internet?

The 'silly nonsense' being the perfectly rational argument I put forward that was completely slammed because I wasn't talking about beheading peados?

Sure, the comment I made in the member photos was ill-conceived. but in an ADULT audience with people of a mature mind, it wouldn't have been an issue. But I digress.

The original point I made earlier was about 'mob-mentality' and how people feel threatened when their extreme views are questioned. They tend to go out of their way to try and silence anyone making a valid point, by any means necessary.

I'm sure all of your posts have been completely beyond reproach and not in any way derogatory; :sly: right? Calling other people hypocrites lol.

For wanting a pedo dead? ;') God, I'm such a monster.

Tonguegirl

Look, if you're not going to take your own seriousness seriously don't play. :lol:

Carbonox

>Thank you though for qualifying my point. You disagree with what I've written, so you come out swinging and making false accusations about someone in order to somehow discredit them and give credence to your own point of veiw,

Good lord, I knew it'd be easy for you to try and completely deny the thirsty bullsh*t you spouted out at member photos since all of it went to the trash dump, but not only would that be easy to unhide by a mod if they wanted to, one simple piece of photographic evidence proves you wrong right away:

x1v4vMZ.jpg

Then again, if there's one thing that your kind have in common apart from spreading creepy sh*t all over the internet, it's your unapologetic defence of your actions. Your priorities regarding the nonce's court case are just as f*cked up as the rest of your personality, I see.

Murdick

Look, if you're not going to take your own seriousness seriously don't play. :lol:

Don't tell me what to do.

Tonguegirl

>Thank you though for qualifying my point. You disagree with what I've written, so you come out swinging and making false accusations about someone in order to somehow discredit them and give credence to your own point of veiw,

Good lord, I knew it'd be easy for you to try and completely deny the thirsty bullsh*t you spouted out at member photos since all of it went to the trash dump, but not only would that be easy to unhide by a mod if they wanted to, one simple piece of photographic evidence proves you wrong right away:

x1v4vMZ.jpg

Then again, if there's one thing that your kind have in common apart from spreading creepy sh*t all over the internet, it's your unapologetic defence of your actions. Your priorities regarding the nonce's court case are just as f*cked up as the rest of your personality, I see.

Ah, bait and stuff hoping for an outburst. lol

"Your Kind"

What exactly is my kind?

Also, which part of this constitutes a rational argument?

"Then again, if there's one thing that your kind have in common apart from spreading creepy sh*t all over the internet, it's your unapologetic defence of your actions. Your priorities regarding the nonce's court case are just as f*cked up as the rest of your personality, I see."

Carbonox

x1v4vMZ.jpg

Ah, bait and stuff hoping for an outburst. lol

"Your Kind"

What exactly is my kind?

The answer is right there in the same sentence. "Your kind" are the sleazy f*cks who'll flock to people posting their faces on the 'net apparently expecting to get something from them with your perverted and disgusting comments. "Rule of the internet", lmao, it's like you've migrated here straight from some equally sleazy sex board without realizing the rules are different this time.

And who exactly claimed that was some major attempt at being a rational argument anyway? You were in a big need for a call-out, I simply delivered.

Tonguegirl

The answer is right there in the same sentence. "Your kind" are the sleazy f*cks who'll flock to people posting their faces on the 'net apparently expecting to get something from them with your perverted and disgusting comments. "Rule of the internet", lmao, it's like you've migrated here straight from some equally sleazy sex board without realizing the rules are different this time.

Clearly you're an incredibly balanced individual who's not prone to over- reactions and understands an adult-themed joke when he sees one. :lol: