Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,159 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
frankandbeans

Disabling script from main.scm with cleo

frankandbeans

I'm trying to disable the external script 71 (impound), but it's not working. Here's the opcodes I used:

{$CLEO .cs}//-------------MAIN---------------0000: NOP :NONAME_2wait 0 0AAA: [email protected] = thread 'IMPND' pointer if    not [email protected] == 0 jf @NONAME_153 // jump @NONAME_20ABA: end_custom_thread_named 'IMPND':CIMPNDthread 'CIMPND' 

I also tried

0459: end_thread_named 'IMPND'

but no bueno.

edit: What I meant to say was that I am trying to use my own custom thread after deactivating 'IMPND' but the game keeps loading 'IMPND'

Edited by frankandbeans

frankandbeans

I realized that I probably need to put the script on a loop, but then how do I introduce my custom thread? I want my custom thread to activate whenever the game calls for the 'IMPND' script instead, and not all the time. The loop:

{$CLEO .cs}//-------------MAIN---------------0000: NOP :NONAME_2wait 0 0AAA: [email protected] = thread 'IMPND' pointer if    not [email protected] == 0 else_jump @NONAME_2 end_thread_named 'IMPND' jump @NONAME_2 

OrionSR

Have you tried looking at the IMPND_L thread. That's the sniffer script that's always running and is responsible for loading the impnd script when CJ is near. It's probably relaunching the impnd script every time you try to kill it because CJ is still near.

Are you planning to edit main.scm or do everything with cleo? Maybe there's a way to disable impnd_l while at the same time you end impnd. Or at least put it to sleep for a while.

Added: Try $1522 = 1. It looks like this flag is used to disable the impound script during Toreno's Last Flight. You might be able to borrow it for your mod. This flag is set to 1 at the beginning of the mission and 2 at the end of the mission, and then reset to 0 by the impnd_l thread,

More: Never mind, it looks like $1522 only works on the SF impound. Maybe just shut down impnd_l and relaunch it when done.

Edited by OrionSR

frankandbeans

Have you tried looking at the IMPND_L thread. That's the sniffer script that's always running and is responsible for loading the impnd script when CJ is near. It's probably relaunching the impnd script every time you try to kill it because CJ is still near.

Are you planning to edit main.scm or do everything with cleo? Maybe there's a way to disable impnd_l while at the same time you end impnd. Or at least put it to sleep for a while.

Added: Try $1522 = 1. It looks like this flag is used to disable the impound script during Toreno's Last Flight. You might be able to borrow it for your mod. This flag is set to 1 at the beginning of the mission and 2 at the end of the mission, and then reset to 0 by the impnd_l thread,

More: Never mind, it looks like $1522 only works on the SF impound. Maybe just shut down impnd_l and relaunch it when done.

I was trying to avoid editing the main.scm (at least without using sannybuilder for the main.scm (personal preference as I like manual hex edits)) but I ended up just editing it through sannybuilder. I did notice that the impnd_l script keeps checking to see if (impound) script was loaded, so that's why it didn't work for me.

My goal was to add checks to the impnd script to see if the player was wearing the cop outfit, but I wanted to reload the entire modified impnd script through cleo instead. Regardless I got the script to work, just without cleo.

Edited by frankandbeans