Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,158 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
woggleman

Which GTA has the best fanbase?

Which GTA has the best fanbase  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Best GTA Fanbase

• GTA III
    • Vice City
    • San Andreas
    • Vice City stories
    • Liberty City Stories
    • GTA IV and EFLC
    • GTA V

woggleman

I would say it is Vice City. There is little polarization about this game and it's fans no how to appreciate it without constantly taking shots at other games or acting like they are superior Gta fans.

Jack Lupino

GTA Advance fans.

Because they dont exist (LOL)

Seriously,let us not divide ourselves based on gta games. No one is best or worst really. We are all fans of gta with different taste and preference.

Am Shaegar

Yeah. Let's not divide ourselves. We are going to have difference of opinions, but we appreciate and enjoy all GTA games. The IV fanbase wants to keep tensions growing for their selfish, evil plans.

SMACKED!

i would say any gta that it isn't san andreas/iv/v/online

to be honest, i've never heard a single critique coming from advance fanboys so i guess it's advance

Femme Fatale

The IV fanbase wants to keep tensions growing for their selfish, evil plans.

Whatever, Osho.

Yinepi

I'd say GTA1 and 2 fans. There is not many of them, but the few there are contributed a lot in the earlier days of GTA. Many of them got the GTA modding scene going with their gouranga cars site and with their gtacars and styed programs. Many of them helped make a community patch for GTA2 to make it playable on newer OS' and fix problems DMA never fixed and some even created a third-party multiplayer client for GTA2 too. Dedication at its finest I'd say, and I have utmost respect for that.

Edited by Yinepi

Algonquin Assassin

Yeah. Let's not divide ourselves. We are going to have difference of opinions, but we appreciate and enjoy all GTA games. The IV fanbase wants to keep tensions growing for their selfish, evil plans.

Are we fans of a video game or plotting world domination? Selfish, evil plans lol.

As for the best fanbase (s) it would have to be Vice City and GTA IV. I still have a soft spot for Vice City and I've always enjoyed the Vice City community. The GTA IV community has occupied most of my time in recent years. Made plenty of friends with similar interests in the game on and off the forum.. :^:

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

Hot Pursuit

SA and V fans

Because we don't go to the forum of the game we can't stand just to derail the thread by saying IV suck/V better. We just stay in our respective forum and discuss the game peacefully

Edited by CGFforLife

Ohhh123r

GTA IV Fanbase for my opinion..

Misunderstood

SA and V fans

Because we don't go to the forum of the game we can't stand just to derail the thread by saying IV suck/V better. We just stay in our respective forum and discuss the game peacefully

Yes, SA fans were totally not in the IV forums 7+ years ago.

Not gonna answer the poll cause I enjoy talking about GTA in general. Haven't really seen much hostile attitude from any fanbase as a whole and each has its bad seeds.

Edited by Misunderstood

Am Shaegar

Yes, SA fans were totally not in the IV forums 5+ years ago.

I don't know what happened 5+ years ago in GTA F, but I do know how upset people were with IV upon release. The point is, not only those who enjoyed SA, but also VC, III, or any previous GTA fans were disappointed at the same time. I have been a long time member in neoseeker, gamefaqs, rpgcodex, and nowhere I found that only a specific fan was criticising IV. I'd say, it was more about old 2D/3D era fans versus new players who joined GTA with IV. So, I think it's unfair to attack SA fans, as if, all the other GTA fans had no issues with IV. Their numbers may be small in comparison to SA, but I found a lot of their criticisms were pretty much common in nature about IV. That's all I have to add here, just to share what I had experienced in other forums.

@topic - SA fanbase, followed by V fanbase, whom I have hardly seen criticising other GTA's.

EDIT: Forgot about one thing..

Whatever, Osho.

Don't mind asking you, but what is this Osho thing about? I do come across people who have mentioned this word and I seriously don't get it? Is it some sort of a slang, or something else, that is used in this forum. I'd appreciate your help in this regard :) Edited by Am Shaegar

Mr_Rager

IV section, by far. TLAD was also comfy when people were posting Jim theories and DC was sill around.

IV fans also won a lot of people over and made them appreciate the game by viewing it for its story and detail, not the ability to put a spoiler on a Willard.

Edited by Mr_Rager

Algonquin Assassin

IV section, by far. TLAD was also comfy when people were posting Jim theories and DC was sill around.

I really miss some of the old cronies. PhillBellic, Uncle Vlad etc. Hopefully these guys come back one day. A few others I remember from back in the day sadly for reasons unknown are no longer with us.:(

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

Piggsy pls

I'd say the stories games and CTW. I used to hang around those sections a lot back in 2010-2011, and there's generally not much toxicity from them, or people needing to constantly criticize other games in the series because they're insecure about the fact that other people don't like their favorite game as much as they do.

Edited by Piggsy pls

RetroMystic

I really miss some of the old cronies. PhillBellic, Uncle Vlad etc. Hopefully these guys come back one day. A few others I remember from back in the day sadly for reasons unknown are no longer with us. :(

gPJCax1.png

7Ch1K1d.jpg

In all seriousness those guys were absolute legends. Some of the friendliest blokes I came across when I first stumbled onto this forum :(

Edited by RetroMystic

Hot Pursuit

Well I apologize for not knowing this since I'm new and I don't really read IV forums for reason

Whatever, Osho.

Don't mind asking you, but what is this Osho thing about? I do come across people who have mentioned this word and I seriously don't get it? Is it some sort of a slang, or something else, that is used in this forum. I'd appreciate your help in this regard :)Osho, is a former member and hardcore SA fanboy who supposedly neutral to IV and V (as far as I recall). But since V released on PC he starting to love V and highly dislike IV (somewhat like me and ChiroVette). He can be a troll and baiter sometimes, and is highly disrespected by other member (mostly IV fans or V fans during his V-hate day)

Also, you are not the only one who is accussed as Osho, I also accussed as Osho not once back in the day

(The description about Osho may not entirely accurate, since I only assuming this looking people behaviour toward him)

OT: I also found VC has nice fanbase, especially that most fans are born in 80s

Am Shaegar

Osho, is a former member and hardcore SA fanboy

Oh, okay. That's what I wanted to know. It's a members name, and not some short form that I am not aware of, like IMHO, etc. hehehe.. thanks for the response :)

@topic - Top down GTA's and Stories fanbase are also great, but I have no experience with them of interacting or discussing about the games. I used to talk about GTA 2 during gouranga days, and fans used to literally lose their cool cursing the game, mainly for it's difficulty and certain unknown glitches. Thanks to Sektor for improving the game and ironing out a lot of issues.

DirtCheap

As of now, Id have to say the VC and SA fanbases as of now as I have no problems with the VC fanbase and the SA fanbase seems to have matured.

The IV and V fanbases are another story. Both seem to love their games but utterly despise other ones. They get upset if you even slightly criticise their games but have no problem bringing up problems, even if they are minor, from other GTAs (Im not saying the 2 entire fanbases do these things, just many from both of these do).

RetroMystic

the SA fanbase seems to have matured.

The SA community wasn't bad in the first place, you just had a bunch of bad eggs like SA4Life and Osho who would bait, troll and fight to the death just to defend SA when anyone so much as slightly criticised it.

Misunderstood

Well I apologize for not knowing this since I'm new and I don't really read IV forums for reason

Oh, wasn't saying that to be rude lol. Or to insult SA fans (I'm a huge SA fan myself). That was just my observation, apologizes if I sounded rude. All I'm saying is it's pretty much expected V would get the attention it does (both good and bad) as its the most recent game in the series and has the spotlight on it currently. Same thing happened to IV.

Algonquin Assassin

I really miss some of the old cronies. PhillBellic, Uncle Vlad etc. Hopefully these guys come back one day. A few others I remember from back in the day sadly for reasons unknown are no longer with us. :(

gPJCax1.png 7Ch1K1d.jpg In all seriousness those guys were absolute legends. Some of the friendliest blokes I came across when I first stumbled onto this forum :(

I don’t know what happened to Phill. He seemed to have lost interest when he got banned in the ban roulette, but even when his account got unbanned he just didn’t post anymore. His last post was late December 2016 and looking at that pic it’s hard to believe it’s been over a year since his last login.

He was a great guy who really loved talking about GTA IV. It was hilarious when we used to rib him for stealing our GTA memes and reposting them haha.

jaljax

I'd have to say Vice City & IV have the best fanbase .

That is just my opinion .

D9fred95

I don’t know what happened to Phill. He seemed to have lost interest when he got banned in the ban roulette, but even when his account got unbanned he just didn’t post anymore. His last post was late December 2016 and looking at that pic it’s hard to believe it’s been over a year since his last login.

He was a great guy who really loved talking about GTA IV. It was hilarious when we used to rib him for stealing our GTA memes and reposting them haha.

I thought that it could've been that he just didn't know his account was unbanned, but considering he's made 20,000 posts overall that is probably unlikely.

On a side note, I always thought his name had something to do with a Phil Bell/Niko slash fic.

Femme Fatale

On a side note, I always thought his name had something to do with a Phil Bell/Niko slash fic.

Glad to know I'm not the only one, lmao.

ArmyRaidFail404

Wasn't this topic locked?

​OT: The best fanbase is probably the one for Chinatown Wars because they leave everyone alone.