1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Leone Family

The search for the Modjo music video location - The least interesting sh*thole in Québec!

Leone Family
Since my last investigation about finding the whereabouts of Jack Kim is on pause due to lack of further trails, I decided to start a new investigation. This time, I'm gonna try to find where the video clip of Modjo - Lady Hear Me Tonight (a song that plays on the radio Non-Stop-Pop in GTA V) was filmed.

What made me decide to start the investigation is that I already know that this video was filmed in the province of Québec, my home nation, during june of 2000, because we can see signs written in french, Québec license plates and very very old canadian dollar bills. So let's find the exact locations that are seen in the video.

So I started to search for the restaurant in the beginning of the video.

N5oHGOt.png

The sign on the window at the right says "Le P'tit Colomb" or "Le P'tit Colombien". I searched for both on Google but I got no results. But luckily, 1 second later, the video gives us a good shot at the interior.

kJKuGcq.png

The sign on the right says " Centre Culturel ...n-De-Matha'. So I searched for any Québec village that ends with De-Matha on Google but once again, I didn't find anything. Don't trust Google. And f*ck Bing too. So I went to manually search for a village that ended with "De-Matha" in the list of all Québec cities, villages and communities. Finally, on page 76 I found it!

zZ65gSv.png

I knew all those days stalking Jack Kim would end up being useful! So now we have the village, Saint-Jean-De-Matha in Québec, Canada. But I want to know MOOOOOOORE!!! So I searched for the Sonic gas station and the Autopro garage seen later in the video.

GdXI9et.png

Unfortunately, there are no more Sonic gas stations in the village and the only Autopro garage was in a place that didn't match the video, so I instead focused back on the restaurant. Since there was no restaurant called "Le P'tit Colomb", I simply searched for every restaurant in the village and I found this:

garEaip.png

It's a restaurant called "Là" situated at 1081 Route Louis-Cyr, Saint-Jean-De-Martha. It's definetly the restaurant from the video because it matches the one in the video.

x0tMkbD.png

Fortunately, the video makes a good job at giving us every angle of the inside of the restaurant since the camera switches between all the characters, and with clever examination of the angle of the actors and the background behind them, I concluded that their table was right...

SFKyigD.png

Of course, the tables have changed as well as the whole decoration but at least the chairs are the same. Watch out "Là" employees, Modjo fanatics 'bout to steal your chairs! So now that we know the location, here's a before/after shot of the street.

DRV9vi1.jpg

Wow! It's crazy how things change! Now let's find the gas station. In the video they act like they go to the Ultramar gas station north from the restaurant (which today has moved south to the restaurant) but when they arrive it's a Sonic gas station, not Ultramar. As I said, there is no Sonic gas station left in Saint-Jean-De-Matha so I searched the whole village in Google Maps but I didn't find a single spot where the houses looked exactly like in the video. But still, the overall layout of the street and the parking kinda matched that Autopro garage I had found earlier. So I called the garage (it was 8:00 PM).

We now know where that Sonic gas station used to be, at the current Garage Jacques Racine, 187 Route Principale, Saint-Jean-De-Martha, Québec, Canada. Damn, that place has changed so much! No wonder why I had so much difficulties finding the place! It looks nothing like it used to look in 2000!

I still don't know where that country festival took place, where was that bar and where was that hotel but there is nothing in the video that could give me clues, so I'll consider this investigation over. The Modjo - Lady Hear Me Tonight music video was filmed in a sh*thole called Saint-Jean-De-Matha in my dear nation of Québec. Now I can go back to jerking off on pictures of korean girls and finding the weareabouts of Jack Kim.

THC

Quebec is a sh*thole like who tf has language police? That some gay sh*t right there. The only good thing in Quebec is the cheaper alcohol also you can find global 94% its really strong liquor that you can barely get into you but my f*ck does it get you some drunk

Leone Family

Quebec is a sh*thole like who tf has language police? That some gay sh*t right there. The only good thing in Quebec is the cheaper alcohol also you can find global 94% its really strong liquor that you can barely get into you but my f*ck does it get you some drunk

:'(

Don't ever disrespect my nation like this again!

tM621pO.png

QUEBEC.jpg

Edited by Leone Family

Tokasmoka

Awesome thread. Gotta admit I hate that genre but that song is pretty catchy, I thought it would be shot in Sweden or something, sounds European to me.

What struck me the most was the price of gas, 81.9/L in 2000. I got my license in 97 and the lowest I remember filling up was 39.9/L in the winter. It's crazy how bad the price of gas has escalated:

1997: 39.9/L

2000: 81.9/L

2018: 144.0/L

Also no American should be talking smack about any area in Canada, go fire your gun or something you fat inbred. Only other Canadians can make fun of the Language Police. :lol:

DOUGL4S1

So much effort into finding the place of the clip of a repetitive song. It looks like you'd enjoy playing Geoguessr, spending hours to get a perfect guess (or not, you do you, I just like recomending this game).

Motherstep

You're wasting your time, honestly. You're not even looking at the right song, let alone location. You should be trying to find out where this was filmed instead.

DOUGL4S1

You're wasting your time, honestly. You're not even looking at the right song, let alone location. You should be trying to find out where this was filmed instead.

-vid-

Here. Have fun.

livejoker

A lot of work that took a lot of time, right?

I did a quick Google search. Literally 2 minutes. Found this. Blog of François Nemeta, director/producer of the music video. He links a Google Map with all locations. Music video features 3 paid actors, Modjo show up as car salesman.

Case closed. And now back to our regularly-schedule program of a disappearance of a Korean man, the man, the myth, the legend, Jack Kim.

Edited by livejoker

Leone Family

Thanks for the suggestion DOUGL4S1, now I have something to play during my boring college classes! And thanks for the link livejoker, too bad that the google map locations link doesn't work for me.

universetwisters

So does this put you any closer to your Quebec mod for SA?

Skeever

Well, that's pretty interesting... can't say I blame you for spending so much time looking that up. I'm the same way whenever my irrelevant little state appears in a movie or TV show.

tM621pO.png

You really should become your own country. It's worth it for that beautiful flag alone... I'm not sure what Canada was thinking when they changed their country's flag to a f*cking leaf.

Leone Family

So does this put you any closer to your Quebec mod for SA?

It has no impact on the progress on the TC, meaning the progress is still going slow. The reason why progress is slow on the TC is because I go to college AND I'm having a military training AND I also have other hobbies apart from GTA Québec.

Well, that's pretty interesting... can't say I blame you for spending so much time looking that up. I'm the same way whenever my irrelevant little state appears in a movie or TV show.

tM621pO.png

You really should become your own country. It's worth it for that beautiful flag alone... I'm not sure what Canada was thinking when they changed their country's flag to a f*cking leaf.

Thanks! The problem with Québec cities being featured in movies/tv/other is that when they're filmed, the movie/video often pretend that they're from somewhere else. For example, the movie Arrival (2016) pretends to be set in Montana, USA, but it was actually filmed in St-Fabien, a village only 15 minutes from my home town. Another example is the ending of Die Hard 3 (1995) which was also filmed in the province of Québec. There's also the problem with inventions from Québec being "stolen" by the USA. For example, SRT, which made the Viper and the high-end versions of Dodge vehicles, is ran by a quebecker and the majority of their designers are also from Québec. Other inventions include the snowmobile, the AM radio and the telephone.

Spaghetti Cat

Quebecker, learned something new today.

Best of luck with the search.

Zello

Will Leone family ever finish his investigation about the disappearance of the mysterious Jack Kim? Will he finally discover the location of the Modjo - Lady hear me tonight music video?

Find out next time on the next episode of Dragon ball Z.

le shark

Bumping a dead thread

Maybe you have seen it, but there's this article by the guy who made the actual video: https://francoisnemeta.wordpress.com/2016/06/29/modjo-lady-hear-me-tonight-the-story/

It has this link: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1g9wR_Zo2l7lf6GkVEG8IxDYeKeg

It lists all the locations from the video. So... case closed?

Leone Family

Bumping a dead thread

Maybe you have seen it, but there's this article by the guy who made the actual video: https://francoisnemeta.wordpress.com/2016/06/29/modjo-lady-hear-me-tonight-the-story/

It has this link: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1g9wR_Zo2l7lf6GkVEG8IxDYeKeg

It lists all the locations from the video. So... case closed?

Yes, I've seen it already. That's why the thread was dead, it's a case closed.

Short Stay

Is it ok to stand on the street corner and shout vile abuse at passers by - so long as you do it in french?

Btw, we still own you :lol:

Leone Family

Is it ok to stand on the street corner and shout vile abuse at passers by - so long as you do it in french?

Btw, we still own you :lol:

We used to be enemies, but peace is a wonderful thing. Look up friend, I sent you a message in the sky...

38Bh31t.jpg