Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,095 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The Half-Blood Prince

MOTW #92 - Voting

Real voting is down below  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this new system of voting (see down below) is better than the poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

Nuddle King

I'll pass.I just do my mission and that's it,So please don't start bullsh*t on me DYOM brothers

Thank you THPB for respond.

Martin_Strada

THPB = The-Half-Prince-Blood?

Edited by Martin_Strada

Nuddle King

Like always,when someone post. All post their bullsh*t jokes.Could we stop jokes?Mistake its a Mistake

If you don't understand...it's nvm.

Opcode

THPB = The-Half-Prince-Blood?

Harry Potter in movies but dunno' why his name always remind me of "Prince of Persia" game.

Aftab

It isn't compulsory to make a playable character (a bug you explained above). Am I right? No gameplay?

xghostx

It isn't compulsory to make a playable character (a bug you explained above). Am I right? No gameplay?

It's optional

MartZ2

Decided to make an entry, but of course ran into some difficulties with the rules.

Make a mission entirely recorded, in cutscenes and gameplay, from the view of one or multiple surveillance cameras.
- Only STATIC cameras, in cutscene and gameplay, are allowed;

Make a mission entirely recorded in cutscenes and gameplay?

First of all, I think you seem to have misused the word "entirely". From what I understand in your sentence, it means that all of the mission has to be spectated through cameras - every single sequence. Then the second confusing part kicks in - "in cutscenes and gameplay". How are you supposed to implement gameplay when playing through a static camera, when assuming the mission has to be entirely recorded? Am I supposed to make some sort of Mario styled point of view system where the player has to walk around the map from point A to point B, avoiding something and of course not being able to use any weapons, and finishing the mission just like that?

Or am I able to simply make a mission where (for example) the player is in standard gameplay, walks up to a CCTV control post, and then uses it and the cameras to spectate identities for a few seconds, then to use the knowledge of their positions later on in the mission when back in standard third person? Awaiting some basic elaboration.

Oh, and secondly. Is it necessary to use only static cutscenes for the representation of CCTVs? You do know that most cameras can move linearely, right? Just saying.

Edited by MartZ2

xghostx

''- Tutorial of how to make static cameras in a gameplay is here''

Life is easier when you read the whole rules.

The theme is hard, so use your creativity, not every mission has to involve gun play or stuff like that.

MartZ2

''- Tutorial of how to make static cameras in a gameplay is here''

Life is easier when you read the whole rules.

The theme is hard, so use your creativity, not every mission has to involve gun play or stuff like that.

That didn't make my life any easier. I have read everything, and I still have questions. Also, I never have admitted that every mission has to involve gun play. It's something I just want to involve.

Danz.

The theme is pretty hard, because the glitch doesn't always work, so you have to go back and edit the hidden actor responsible for the static camera everytime. However, it is quite original requires creativity from the authors, something I feel is missing nowadays, since most missions always seem to be about the same overused and tasteless themes.

This MOTW is worth the time taken to learn new stuff.

Edited by Danz.

CrisPK

The theme is pretty hard, because the glitch doesn't always work, so you have to go back and edit the hidden actor responsible for the static camera everytime. However, it is quite original requires creativity from the authors, something I feel is missing nowadays, since most missions always seem to be about the same overused and tasteless themes.

This MOTW is worth the time taken to learn new stuff.

So much true :O I personally treat MOTW as a challenge for myself to see if I can do something really good for specific theme. That's why when I win I try to came up with unique theme. But probably most designers do it for fun or something, we can see this when we have hard, creative theme with ~3 participants and for example simple gangster shootouts with ~8 participants. I hope more designers would like to challenge themselves and try new things ^^

Edited by CrisPK

Nuddle King

If you Participate in MOTW,You will learn more things and then your missions start to be improved

How many Left days?

Jack Muller

If you Participate in MOTW,You will learn more things and then your missions start to be improved

How many Left days?

No one wants your opinion, so shut it.

MartZ2

I guess I won't receive a proper answer. Well then - I'm passing this one. Good luck to others.

The Half-Blood Prince

I guess I won't receive a proper answer. Well then - I'm passing this one. Good luck to others.

Mission has to be only STATIC cameras, simulatting surveillance cameras, no matter if in gameplay or cutscene. How are you gonna do that, it's up to you. As I said, use your imagination. You could make this way you said, you could make multiple CCTVs in different locations of streets, or if you think it's that difficult, just make a mission in the same location, just changing through one and another camera, telling the background story and everything through the dialogues and there you go. It's not that hard, man, really.

Edited by The Half-Blood Prince

Opcode

The theme is hard as I already mentioned. I was going to participate if it was a Freestyle because we are having an again fresh start on MOTW.

Danz.

Some people just dont accept challenges, its kinda disappointing.

Hopefully I wont be the only entry for this, wanna see you guyss works too. :/

Edited by Danz.

CrisPK

Some people just dont accept challenges, its kinda disappointing.

Hopefully I wont be the only entry for this, wanna see you guyss works too. :/

If Galactic keep his word, then there are three of us at the moment. Yesterday I thought that I would be alone :V

MartZ2

It's not that hard, man, really.

Well, I haven't practiced the technique yet, so maybe you're right. I'll try to make an entry, but that's only if I have enough time.

Jack Muller

Here come mister questioner, does it have to be surveillance camera or just a normal static cutscene?

Cptmyname
Here come mister questioner, does it have to be surveillance camera or just a normal static cutscene?

You just answered it yourself. Surveillance camera's point of view should be a static cutscene.

EDIT: I am thinking to make an entry myself.

Edited by Cptmyname

CrisPK

Logic, it just have to be point of view from surveillance camera, for example you can't put a view from sky because there are no cameras right? (or maybe if you simulate drone or something :V) but view from camera on edge of building or ATM are good. ^^

Danz.

Alright, my entry mission is f*cking finally done, here it is: http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/51665

Could you guys check it out if it meets the requirements of this MOTW? Because if there's a problem, then I'll be able to fix it in time. Thanks! :D

Edited by Danz.

The Half-Blood Prince

Alright, my entry mission is f*cking finally done, here it is: http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/51665

Could you guys check it out if it meets the requirements of this MOTW? Because if there's a problem, then I'll be able to fix it in time. Thanks! :D

It's a perfect example of how this theme needs to be done, except for a linear cutscene in the introduction, which I believe you can correct in the right time. Even though, I won't wait it and I'll add it as an entry, but be sure to fix it until the deadline.

If people are having any more questions, take a look at the two entries we have so far. Deadline is in less than 2 days, so if you pretend to make your entry yet, don't lose it.

Danz.

It's a perfect example of how this theme needs to be done, except for a linear cutscene in the introduction, which I believe you can correct in the right time. Even though, I won't wait it and I'll add it as an entry, but be sure to fix it until the deadline.

If people are having any more questions, take a look at the two entries we have so far. Deadline is in less than 2 days, so if you pretend to make your entry yet, don't lose it.

It's already been fixed, as of now.

MartZ2

Your entry is a job well done, Danz. I almost enjoyed playing through the mission, except for the constant GTA Chinatown Wars gameplay style. But that's not your problem. It's the theme.

So according to the fact that your mission got registered as a perfect example, I have to say - If it was possible to interpretate the simulation of security cameras (also using the technique/bug that THBP presented) while in combination with standard 3rd person gameplay, I'd see no problem. Using only static cutscenes in the mission obstructs a lot of creativity here, and I really didn't understand the point of that. And yeah, before you ask - I usually like making fancy cutscenes. Don't get me wrong - I understood that every cutscene in the mission technically had to be a simulation of a security camera, isn't that right? Getting through shootouts in Danz's mission was already a pain and the full progress of it had to be relied on the friendly security guard bot, given the camera obstructing any possibility for freeaim. That was the point where I would have let the player go through that point of mission in standard 3rd person. But of course, I'm still not sure if I'm allowed to do that. Is it just me being confused of the rules for that long?

Edited by MartZ2

xghostx

Using only static cutscenes in the mission obstructs a lot of creativity here.

Isn't static cutscene only is the challenge? That force you to be more creative to make a good mission, not limit it. For example like in dyom contest #6, Dutchy and Patrick challenged us to use only 3 objectives, forced us to do many new things. If it's just ''freestyle'' theme, no restriction or stuff like that, all the entry would be plain, normal missions, why would there be a motw at that point.

MartZ2

Isn't static cutscene only is the challenge? That force you to be more creative to make a good mission, not limit it. For example like in dyom contest #6, Dutchy and Patrick challenged us to use only 3 objectives, forced us to do many new things. If it's just ''freestyle'' theme, no restriction or stuff like that, all the entry would be plain, normal missions, why would there be a motw at that point.

All I understood was that using the bugged cutscene technique is the challenge here, not making a mission restricted to static cutscenes. I understood wrong, it seems.

Edited by MartZ2

The Half-Blood Prince

Psychology has already gave evidences to the fact that working with less resources stimulates more creativity and solution of problems than give you everything in a row. The theme is challenging because it gives you a limitated ammount of resources to work on and I'm proud many people got the idea and liked it. For those who didn't, no worries, next weeks you will see the usual themes with the same style of missions since 2013 back in MOTW again.

Edited by The Half-Blood Prince

MartZ2

Psychology has already gave evidences to the fact that working with less resources stimulates more creativity and solution of problems than give you everything in a row. The theme is challenging and I'm proud many people liked it. For those who didn't, no worries, next weeks you will see your usual themes with the same style of missions since 2013 back in MOTW again.

I am always tempted to make an entry when there is an actual challenge. Matter of fact, I was actually thinking I was only me who was gonna make an entry. Thanks to Danz and some others, it wasn't an issue anymore. I didn't really emphasis the fact that limited resources obstruct creativity - no, I am sure it's quite the opposite just like you said, but that's not the point of my reply. So let me clear up the last question which I have been trying to find the answer for - every single sequence of the mission has to be portrayed through a simulation of a CCTV camera, despite the sequence being cutscene or gameplay?