Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,382 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

secrecy274

Imponte Deluxo dislike thread

Rockett800

Yeah, I'm gonna say that's not at all a blessing. Kids blowing up the truck in A Titan of a Job has always been an issue, for example. And now it's even worse with the meme machine Deluxo.

McGhee
Posted (edited)

Yeah, I'm gonna say that's not at all a blessing. Kids blowing up the truck in A Titan of a Job has always been an issue, for example. And now it's even worse with the meme machine Deluxo.

Blowing up the truck is no problem at all, unless it shoves right into the plane. Simply drive away from the site a couple of 100 yards, turn around and go back and see the truck and trailer despawned. Same goes for the forklift. Drive away, turn and come back to a clean site and open area for the plane to move out. How can people not know this?

A Deluxo makes this mission really easy. All that matters is the goofball handling the controls.

Edited by McGhee

R3CON
Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2018 at 6:38 AM, McGhee said:

Blowing up the truck is no problem at all, unless it shoves right into the plane. Simply drive away from the site a couple of 100 yards, turn around and go back and see the truck and trailer despawned. Same goes for the forklift. Drive away, turn and come back to a clean site and open area for the plane to move out. How can people not know this?

A Deluxo makes this mission really easy. All that matters is the goofball handling the controls.

On 5/21/2018 at 6:21 PM, Rockett800 said:

Found this in a different thread but it's pretty applicable to the comments above...

On 5/13/2018 at 7:33 AM, wizooord said:

Titan of a job, 8/10 times -

w1TeqCb.jpg

Edited by R3CON
Quote wasn't in the right bubble after update, made it look like I said the words I was quoting

ALifeOfMisery

Another one downed

TheRipperOfLagoZancudo

One came out of passive to blow me up while in a cargobob. lol gg 

secrecy274
13 minutes ago, TheRipperOfLagoZancudo said:

One came out of passive to blow me up while in a cargobob. lol gg 

And people wonder why I despise the thing.

Arrows to Athens
48 minutes ago, secrecy274 said:

I like the car itself. It's the people who drive it. I personally almost never use it for killing purposes. I only drive it, never fly, and it's fun.

secrecy274
1 hour ago, Arrows to Athens said:

I like the car itself. It's the people who drive it. I personally almost never use it for killing purposes. I only drive it, never fly, and it's fun.

I don't. I dislike the very core concept of the Deluxo. Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against the DeLorean, I quite simply don't care about it, but I would still hate the Deluxo no matter the model.

Arrows to Athens

54 minutes ago, secrecy274 said:

I don't. I dislike the very core concept of the Deluxo. Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against the DeLorean, I quite simply don't care about it, but I would still hate the Deluxo no matter the model.

Well, when you said "And people wonder why I despise the thing," it lead me to believe that you hate it solely on the fact that it's weaponized and commonly used by griefers.

secrecy274
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Arrows to Athens said:

Well, when you said "And people wonder why I despise the thing," it lead me to believe that you hate it solely on the fact that it's weaponized and commonly used by griefers.

Not solely, but it sure helps. Or rather, I dislike the concept, hate it for what it has become.

Edited by secrecy274

Nick1020

Damn shame there isn’t a regular version like the one in that prep mission. I hate everything about it. Especially the fact tha. It flies. 

Arrows to Athens
18 hours ago, secrecy274 said:

Not solely, but it sure helps. Or rather, I dislike the concept, hate it for what it has become.

I agree. It doesn't need rockets or a hover ability. But whatever sells fish cards.

Voodoo-Hendrix
31 minutes ago, Nick1020 said:

Damn shame there isn’t a regular version like the one in that prep mission. I hate everything about it. Especially the fact tha. It flies. 

R* not only missed an opportunity to make players to double dip by offering both an stock Deluxo and the flying capable, optionally weaponized version; it also missed the opportunity to actually model the Deluxo as something that could actually fly.

I mean, imagine upgrading a Deluxo in your MOC/Avenger and instead of getting an stockish one with some stubby wings and a Millenium Falcon engine, you get something like this:

6f4ddb-Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V%20Screen

Arrows to Athens

Why didn't they just do this?

What the f*ck, Cockstar?

Fatsanchez

Maybe R* avoided the BTTF look to avoid copyright issues? Thats my guess anyway.

I agree that the Deluxo should be a regular car like in the mission, with the option to fit the “prototype hover propeller and winglets” in the Facility or something. That in turn would be the paywall, and you would need to install it in order to fit weapons. Actually if it was my decision this thing would never have weapons at all, but I guess that ship has sailed long before the Deluxo dropped.

Voodoo-Hendrix
16 minutes ago, Fatsanchez said:

Maybe R* avoided the BTTF look to avoid copyright issues? Thats my guess anyway.

I agree that the Deluxo should be a regular car like in the mission, with the option to fit the “prototype hover propeller and winglets” in the Facility or something. That in turn would be the paywall, and you would need to install it in order to fit weapons. Actually if it was my decision this thing would never have weapons at all, but I guess that ship has sailed long before the Deluxo dropped.

Well, if Burnout Paradise got away with something like this, maybe R* could have done the same:

latest?cb=20090503023724

Agreed with the rest of your post!

a1dopeman
18 minutes ago, Fatsanchez said:

Actually if it was my decision this thing would never have weapons at all, but I guess that ship has sailed long before the Deluxo dropped.

I just never added weapons to mine. Doc Brown never saw it necessary, and neither do I. I have a Vigilante, Oppressor and Ruiner 2000 for that. It is a terrible trollmobile for sure, but it also creates villains in a free roam lobby, real targets who deserve the mighty fist of justice. Nothing feels better than surprise Akula-bombing a Deluxo troll who’s been harassing the lobby :)

Arrows to Athens
1 hour ago, a1dopeman said:

I just never added weapons to mine. Doc Brown never saw it necessary, and neither do I. I have a Vigilante, Oppressor and Ruiner 2000 for that. It is a terrible trollmobile for sure, but it also creates villains in a free roam lobby, real targets who deserve the mighty fist of justice. Nothing feels better than surprise Akula-bombing a Deluxo troll who’s been harassing the lobby :)

I have rockets on mine, which I only use in missions. Other than that, there's no need for them.

Black-Dragon96
5 hours ago, Nick1020 said:

Yeah I would have loved a regular deluxo, without all the bullsh*t meme stuff.

I new what was going to happen when I saw it flying and shooting missiles in the trailer. 

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Black-Dragon96 said:

Yeah I would have loved a regular deluxo, without all the bullsh*t meme stuff.

I new what was going to happen when I saw it flying and shooting missiles in the trailer. 

They did it to promote shark card sales -- that's it. I can't see any other logical reason.

Edited by Arrows to Athens

TheRipperOfLagoZancudo
On 6/9/2018 at 2:00 PM, secrecy274 said:

It's come to the point where all I can do is roll my eyes and have a good chuckle. No use getting angry. I get it, why people hate them, and Jets, and brooksticks, and well....so much else. The Hunter and Jetpack were often requested but I barely see them. These though? lol I see these marty mcfly boys and harry potter fans in every single session. Blowing up cargo and sh*t. One times I was minding my own business in a jet, next thing I know I fighting a whole ceo gang of these. It must look so ridiculous from the ground lmao

EmkfMSs.gif 

Arrows to Athens
18 minutes ago, TheRipperOfLagoZancudo said:

It's come to the point where all I can do is roll my eyes and have a good chuckle. No use getting angry. I get it, why people hate them, and Jets, and brooksticks, and well....so much else. The Hunter and Jetpack were often requested but I barely see them. These though? lol I see these marty mcfly boys and harry potter fans in every single session. Blowing up cargo and sh*t. One times I was minding my own business in a jet, next thing I know I fighting a whole ceo gang of these. It must look so ridiculous from the ground lmao

EmkfMSs.gif 

The Thruster gets boring fast. It just sits in my facility, collecting dust.

FukNRekd
Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2018 at 4:00 AM, secrecy274 said:

You're only half right.

Deluxos missiles will not fly thigh circles around enemies, they will turn inside. There were a pretty showing video here somewhere about an Akula who goes passive just as he's about to get hit by some missiles from an Deluxo. The missile literally turn around inside the akula until they self-destruct.

Spoiler

EDIT: Found it.

By virtue of Voodoo-Hendrix.

Good luck dodging these.

Yeah, these things are extremely effective. Here's a couple instances where I was able to go passive before being destroyed.

Both while I was warding off zancudo from fence-jumping jet-jockies.

I saw this one coming so didn't take any damage but his intent was as predicted.

3VY71yF.gif

I didn't see this one coming because he was OTR, but he killed the guy I was waiting for to jump so I knew he was there. I saw him coming over the hangers and decided he might not attack me. Heh, yeah right. I tanked the first missile before I was able to go passive and barely made it back to the hanger.

uBO18vK.gif

So yeah, I kill these on sight. No questions asked, no mercy.

It's getting real easy because most of them don't look behind them and that means I can get close enough that they've only got 2 or 3 seconds at most to react before the first impact.

L7ZmXjc.gif

Best defense is good offense, yes?

Edited by FukNRekd

Arrows to Athens

Free aim homing launcher Deluxo takeout:

5qPJZMs.gif