Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,383 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Rockstargames32490

Good games for if you want "SINGLEPLAYER"?-

ten-a-penny

Tell me that in two months.

Been playing the game since last year, hasn't felt dull yet. The beginning of the Storyline does suck though.

anus

snip

See I would've taken your post seriously because I agree W3 is overrated by most people, especially the ones who consider to be the 2nd Coming of Jesus and all that.

But then you had to go and put your foot in your mouth by using FO4 as a comparison, which between that and Skyrim, are the epitome of overrated RPGs.

You could've at least used New Vegas, or at the very least Oblivion, as your example of a good Bethesda RPG game, ya know, a game where the choices you make actually effect the world and the outcome of the story, as opposed to FO4 or Skyrim.

But if OP is into repeatable, almost identical fetch quest, then yeah, they should definitely go for one of those two I guess.

And everyone recommending FO4/Skyrim because of the mods, clearly didn't even bother reading the op, which states the fact that the OP doesn't have access to XBL. And even if he did the mods for Xbox are nowhere even comparable to the ones on PC.

But keep stroking that Beth dick for all it's worth.

Uh, I really don't care whether you take my post seriously or not. The Witcher 3 is garbage and I found it boring as hell. I spent significantly more time playing Fallout 4. The story sucks (it is Bethesda after all), but the gameplay more than makes up for it.

I don't mind if the story in a game sucks if the gameplay is great, and Fallout 4 definitely has that going for it.

@Journey, You may have liked it more, but me personally, FO4 is my sh*t.

@fashion, I didn't really see any of what you said in my experience. The story was cheesy as hell and so damn predictable, the 'huge' open worlds were just large swathes of dead, lifeless land. The graphics really aren't as great as people make it out to be and the combat literally involved the same button combinations for literally every enemy. There's plenty of videos on YouTube demonstrating the horrid combat in the game.

I bought this sh*t day one because I was on the hype train. I had to force myself to play it because it was so f*cking boring. I just couldn't continue to do it because it sucked so hard and ended up trading it in.

Static

The story sucks (it is Bethesda after all), but the gameplay more than makes up for it.

Why does every Beth fanboy have this mentality, that it's excusable for Beth and Beth only to have sh*t stories, but any other game with a "sh*t" story is somehow not as good? Just seems like youve tricked yourself into having extremely low expectations from them simply to justify buying the constant rehashes of the same basic formula that they call their games. Same goes for the countless amount of bugs/glitches. "oh it's okay because its a Beth game" all because Beth know they dont have to update their 10+ engine because people will still buy it and that PC modders will fix all the sh*t for them.

I don't mind if the story in a game sucks if the gameplay is great, and Fallout 4 definitely has that going for it.

How is it great gameplay when all it is is a streamlined, dumb-downed FPS and it doesn't even do that well at all?

@fashion, I didn't really see any of what you said in my experience. The story was cheesy as hell and so damn predictable, the 'huge' open worlds were just large swathes of dead, lifeless land. The graphics really aren't as great as people make it out to be and the combat literally involved the same button combinations for literally every enemy. There's plenty of videos on YouTube demonstrating the horrid combat in the game.

Literally all that applies to FO4 just as much, if not more so than, as it does W3. The story, which you admitted yourself, is sh*t. The huge open worlds are as equally "dead,lifeless" The graphics are f*ckin terrible unless you mod the textures and get a decent reshade/ENB. The combat is just shooting different enemies with a different gun depending on how fast you want to deal with the enemy. And for every yt vid sh*t talking w3, I guarantee there's 10 more for FO4.

I bought this sh*t day one because I was on the hype train. I had to force myself to play it because it was so f*cking boring. I just couldn't continue to do it because it sucked so hard and ended up trading it in.

So because you gave yourself false hope and unrealistic expectations, that somehow translates to the game being sh*t? Seems your problems are self-inflicted to say the least.

Just a question, have you played the first 2 Witcher games?

And from the rest of your post it seems like you'd be happy with any and ever FPS game and are mad that W3 wasn't that.

Edited by Static

anus

What gave you the impression that I was a Bethesda fanboy? God you are one stupid motherf*cker.

I thought Fallout 3 was sh*t and preferred NV, but NV has not aged well unfortunately and it has its own share of problems (like the Legion storyline being sh*t thanks to Bethesda rushing Obsidian). One of my all time favourite games is Fallout 2. I actually HATE Bethesda for how they f*cked over Obsidian with the Fallout licensing.

'Shooting different enemies with a different gun depending on how fast you want to deal with the enemy' is what I consider part of great gameplay. The weapon customization and crafting was awesome. The world was significantly more engaging than The Witcher's lame ass copy-paste 'zones'.

No I'm not happy with any and every FPS game, you need to stop making assumptions because you aren't too good at it. I haven't played the first two Witcher games either, and I'm glad I didn't waste even more of my money on them to play them first before Witcher 3 came out if the 3rd is considered the best in the series and it still sucks so hard.

Oh and cut it out with the 'OOH I ONLY PLAY ELITE RPGs WITH GREAT STORIES'. The Witcher 3 had a cheesy ass, boring, cliched to hell and back story and you're not some sort of 'oldschool TRUE RPGer' just because you enjoyed the game.

Go play Planescape: Torment if you want a good story that's based in a high fantasy setting that's still not cliched and corny as f*ck. You need to stop posting with your dick in your hand.

Edited by anubis.

If Witcher 3 sucks, then such thing as a good RPG never existed.

anus

It's a personal view, dude. I'm not saying 'THE WITCHER 3 SUCKS FOR EVERYONE. PERIOD.', I personally just didn't like it.

Mr. Scratch

Try the books maybe? The story isn't the game's main selling point, it's the characters and dialogue coupled with the choices you can make. I'd be hard pressed to name an RPG in recent years where the characters in it actually felt human despite being sorceresses, mutant hitmen or rock trolls. Even f*cking Bart had more charisma than the entirety of Dragon Age's roster.

Am Shaegar

If Witcher 3 sucks, then such thing as a good RPG never existed.

The writing, and the atmosphere is really good, but the combat is something I find it as the weakest aspect of the game, including the leveling system, and enemy variety. Since most of the time you are either fighting or grinding to improve your character, it takes away a big part of the fun out. Its a good game for story and exploration, but the combat really brings the game down, for me, at least. Its also stretched quite a bit more than required, and so takes a lot of time to complete. There are areas that lack enough interesting content to make it worth exploring.

Uncle Sikee Atric

If you want an RPG with half decent combat, try the Middle Earths : Shadow of Mordor and Shadow Of War.

They can be a little grindy, but the combat is fun at least.

Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric

Richard Power Colt

I heard that those GTA games have pretty good singleplayer.