Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (93,095 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Chaos17

DYOM WORLD CUP

Intrested   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like this cup to be???

2. 2. Should it be country wise tournament or just Single player.

Aftab

Calm down, we aren't here to fight. There are some rules of discussion. A person presents his opinion, some agree and some don't. Those who don't agree, give another opinion for this that 'this should be like this' and then this continous untill we reach a point where all people are satisfied with some opinion.

I'm not trying to give some pro lecture, thats just the main purpose of this forum. Don't try to act like kids who always start fighting with each other.

CrisPK

I think making WORLD CUP isn't good idea mostly 'cuz of activity... For example from my country there is not much designers here, but take a look at India... There would be a lot of participants from this country only. So someone will have to play vs 2 guys to get to group stage and I'll only need to wait for this. Overall there is no reason to make something like this when in every contest like MOTW we can't have more than 10 participants at same time.

Instead of making new competitions over and over, take a good lesson from all of them and think guys. Inostead of MPOTM, DYOM World Cup etc, just let's make one competition that will contain only good elements of each of them. Let's take a look at my example:

MissionPack in a Month - Whole missionpack would be created by a Team. Every team would contain 2-3 members, Manager, and 2 designers (or 2 designers and one of them would be a manager). Missionpack should contain 4 missions, so 2 for each of designers. There is a lot of reasons why no more missions. So this would take a 2-3 weeks to design MP's and around one week for vote.

Managers - every team would have a Manager, which is guy who don't have to participate in making MP. Just will think about his team story for mission pack and manage whole team. This would give a chance for some old/retrie designers (maybe like Jisseikatsu, Andrej etc.) who stop designing to do something interesting here. ^^

Points - every designer could earn points indivitualy and will be written in ranking. So if Designer X will leave team Y he'll still have his points. Later we can use those points for something like Ranking of best designers/managers etc.

There is much more ideas that I have about it so if someone is interested I can think about making something like this for community. Just let me know. Cheers ^^

Yasir_RFL

Ok buddy! You are right ,I am ending the discussion with Opcode. and I also don't want this Topic to be Off-topic, :)

Chaos17

I think making WORLD CUP isn't good idea mostly 'cuz of activity... For example from my country there is not much designers here, but take a look at India... There would be a lot of participants from this country only. So someone will have to play vs 2 guys to get to group stage and I'll only need to wait for this. Overall there is no reason to make something like this when in every contest like MOTW we can't have more than 10 participants at same time.

Instead of making new competitions over and over, take a good lesson from all of them and think guys. Inostead of MPOTM, DYOM World Cup etc, just let's make one competition that will contain only good elements of each of them. Let's take a look at my example:

MissionPack in a Month - Whole missionpack would be created by a Team. Every team would contain 2-3 members, Manager, and 2 designers (or 2 designers and one of them would be a manager). Missionpack should contain 4 missions, so 2 for each of designers. There is a lot of reasons why no more missions. So this would take a 2-3 weeks to design MP's and around one week for vote.

Managers - every team would have a Manager, which is guy who don't have to participate in making MP. Just will think about his team story for mission pack and manage whole team. This would give a chance for some old/retrie designers (maybe like Jisseikatsu, Andrej etc.) who stop designing to do something interesting here. ^^

Points - every designer could earn points indivitualy and will be written in ranking. So if Designer X will leave team Y he'll still have his points. Later we can use those points for something like Ranking of best designers/managers etc.

There is much more ideas that I have about it so if someone is interested I can think about making something like this for community. Just let me know. Cheers ^^

Maybe you're right. There may be problems while representing country.Let the poll decide it to be a team or single persons.

Well you have a nice ideas, Mission pack in month by teams. Thats just what MPOTM is.And maybe you should tell that there,that'll make MPOTM better.

And as this cup is concerned it will still be held, well not nationwide but maybe with singles or teams.

CrisPK

I think I never seen team battles in designing so this would be something fresh for the community. ^^ If you want to think about it more seriously I can help you somehow.

Martin_Strada

It will be some themes like in MOTW?

Chaos17

I have thought about it. And maybe singles would be the best way to held the contest. Making teams would reduce the number of participants and make the contest smaller and shorter.

When there are single, it will be more easier to held this.Theres a poll though and if team wins then we need to go with teams. So please share what you have thought. We may require your idea later.

Chaos17

It will be some themes like in MOTW?

No specific themes.You just have to choose your own theme and make your mission better than your opponents.

Aftab

The reason I think wc is better than MPOTM is that making an mp isn't an easy task. It requires a proper planning and script writing. And if we really want to make an mp in a month, it willn't be so good. Mission Packs are your masterpiece that require proper planning. Thats all.

Jisseikatsu

Instead of having boring, generic themes, why not have challenges?

Martin_Strada

It would be great if would he do that. It's a great option, J.

Yasir_RFL

Challenges like what ? BTW I have voted for single it's more better to Participate with friends.

Opcode

If you are going to make it single then it will be kind of rip-off or you can say completely familiar like other existing games right now (FE: MOTW). My suggestion is to lock the topic for a while and then unlock it for editing. With this, we can also avoid from spamming and fights. Take your time and think about it.

Chaos17

That would be good, but what kind of challenges??? Edited by Chaos17

Chaos17

If you are going to make it single then it will be kind of rip-off or you can say completely familiar like other existing games right now (FE: MOTW). My suggestion is to lock the topic for a while and then unlock it for editing. With this, we can also avoid from spamming and fights. Take your time and think about it.

Well, you are the only one fighting, others all are just discussing.And you seem to oppose all ideas.So if you don't like it, then please let others decide.I don't want to argue with you anymore. Edited by Chaos17

Opcode

My point is just like Pledge of Chaos. I'm just saying to edit the topic and think about it. Don't know who is giving you these wrong ideas.

Chaos17
Edited

Yasir_RFL

Now,It is looking great.I hope it will not be oppose. BTW What kind of challenges, PoC?

Opcode

Now it looks Good. I was just saying this and you guys disputing and arguing "You are a moderator!" "Oppose ideas" etc. Anyway, Goodluck

Edited by Opcode

Chaos17

We need more members

Yasir_RFL

We have enough members.

Huzaifa khan

Wow, Dyom cup. I'm ready! :evilgrin::evilgrin::^:

Yasir_RFL

Awesome! The legend is also ready! ;)

Jisseikatsu

i.e.

-Objectives limitations
-Building a specific thing with limited objects
-Following a script and doing it your own way

-No use of a specific thing (cutscene, weapons, vehicles, etc.)
-Not touching the ground
-Etc.

Chaos17

i.e.

-Objectives limitations

-Building a specific thing with limited objects

-Following a script and doing it your own way

-No use of a specific thing (cutscene, weapons, vehicles, etc.)

-Not touching the ground

-Etc.

I'll update about challenges

Later: Edited and also added the themem song.

Edited by Chaos17

Chaos17

So 16 players finally.

Nuddle King

No Shooting?This Looks like DYOM contest 10. Please edit that there will be shooting for action.

CrisPK

No Shooting?This Looks like DYOM contest 10. Please edit that there will be shooting for action.

Challenges MAY INCLUDE. So it's not 100% sure you will get a challenge without shooting, it's one of many.

The Half-Blood Prince

I want to be the referee.

Chaos17

I want to be the referee.

You sure about that??

Okay, you're booked as the referee