1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
djb204

Another delay?

RDR2 Delay  

80 members have voted

1. 1. We're into another info drought. Do you think RDR2 is going to be delayed again?

• Yes
    • No
    • It's like, cancelled, man

StJimmy

I expect the first paid DLC to drop in the end of October.

I wish my friend.

skvor

I think that all the same the release of the game will take place in the autumn, and this spring we will see a remaster rdr1 for ps4

Safari

I think that all the same the release of the game will take place in the autumn, and this spring we will see a remaster rdr1 for ps4

Yeah making a remaster for PS4 would be pointless as its already available for ps now trust me R* would rather save their money and just release RDR2.

BUT THE BENZ

yeah skvor, get with the program my man! see, the whole world is pays a monthly fee to play some laggy stream of a masterpiece and you're totally not cool if you don't jump the bandwagon here! LIVING UNDER A ROCK ARE WE?

srsly.......not!

Spider-Vice

Added a poll to this thread. It's starting to get pretty grim to be honest... Also if you're coming from another section try to keep delay discussions here as that's where they belong. :)

MostWantedMVP

Added a poll to this thread. It's starting to get pretty grim to be honest... Also if you're coming from another section try to keep delay discussions here as that's where they belong. :)

I wouldn't say it was grim.

I think if we had a delay it would have been announced before now anyway.

Edited by MostWantedMVP

Kippy113

I wouldn't be making claims until the end of January.

It's the end of January lol.

Maddened_Ghost

I wouldn't be making claims until the end of January.

It's the end of January lol.

to be fair, Rockstar promised some RDR2 info in Summer and they released the trailer in the last two days of september, but still, I think there will probably be another delay.

SuperKitsune

Let's not worry until after February 6th.

Spider-Vice

Not after, right before. If there's a delay, like most of their previous projects they have to announce it now as the next conference is in May. RDR1, GTA IV and RDR2 delays were all announced a day, a couple days before the conference or even during it (GTA IV I think).

SuperKitsune

Not after, right before. If there's a delay, like most of their previous projects they have to announce it now as the next conference is in May. RDR1, GTA IV and RDR2 delays were all announced a day, a couple days before the conference or even during it (GTA IV I think).

So in other words you are saying that the days leading up to Feb 7th do have a realistic chance of a delay announcement but not the days after?

Spider-Vice

Yes because they have synchronised their delay announcements with conferences before. Not after them, before them, so they can do easy damage control once the conference rolls in. Good example being the RDR2 delay, the conference was even pushed to the early morning for maximum damage control before the markets opened.

SuperKitsune

Yes because they have synchronised their delay announcements with conferences before. Not after them, before them, so they can do easy damage control once the conference rolls in. Good example being the RDR2 delay, the conference was even pushed to the early morning for maximum damage control before the markets opened.

Yes, the rdr2 delay cause quite a drop if remember correctly, right?

So when you say days leading up to the investors call, about how many days are we talking? I know it's anybody's guess, but do you think this week or early next week?

Spider-Vice

To be honest any of the weeks... The first delay caused quite an impact, I'm sure a second delay would also cause a huge impact so I'm almost sure they'd try to plan it to be near the conference, maybe the day before. It's honestly hard to tell with how messy all of this is.

cynicaldevil

One thing that's worrying me is why has R* been this quiet for this long. I mean, yeah, gtav had a drought period, but it sure as hell wasn't like this.

November 2011: first trailer.

Around June 2012: first couple screens

Aug 2012: 10 more screens

Mid-late oct: gtav revealed as gi nov cover, artworks, merchandise leak.

Nov 2012: the big month, 18 pages GI blowout, coverage​ from multiple gaming sites, hundreds of screenshots, artworks, and of course, a second trailer. By this point we knew pretty much all the info we would get to know pre release, barring gtao and gameplay.

Dec 2012: few more screens.

Now compare this to RDR 2:

Oct 2016: first trailer

May 2017: 7 screens

Sep 2017: second trailer

Dec 2017: gtao treasure hunt (which, if I might add, is extremely insignificant, and not even worthy of considering as "info")

As you can see, the difference is pretty stark. I'm expecting a delay for sure, but this thing has me concerned about how the game is actually coming along.

Edited by cynicaldevil

SuperKitsune

@spider

Darn it, the way you put it changed my take on things a bit. I was not really worried up until now. I think they actually might go last minute on us again.

So you voted delay then I presume?

Edited by SuperKitsune

Dick Justice

You know, whether the game gets delayed or not really doesn't bother me. May or September doesn't change much. I would be more annoyed by the fact that we would probably have to deal with another few months of silence from Rockstar.

Jabalous

Yes, it's delayed. I also have a small contest with Dick Justice which I will visit in the General Chat topic once the postponed release date is announced.

Regards,

Efreet

Edited by Efreet

SuperKitsune

You know, whether the game gets delayed or not really doesn't bother me. May or September doesn't change much. I would be more annoyed by the fact that we would probably have to deal with another few months of silence from Rockstar.

See that's what I don't get. You can't be indifferent to a delay of a game you want to play so bad, right?

Dick Justice

I'm certainly not indifferent at all. Let me explain it this way. I know I'll be playing this game eventually if it comes out in Spring or Fall. However, in the immediacy - as in the next few days - we could be in a situation where we're sitting down and watching another trailer for a game that comes out in four months, or be facing another four months of drought for a game that comes out in eight months. Huge difference!

Edited by Dick Justice

SuperKitsune

I'm certainly not indifferent at all. Let me explain it this way. I know I'll be playing this game eventually if it comes out in Spring or Fall. However, in the immediacy - as in the next few days - we could be in a situation where we're sitting down and watching another trailer for a game that comes out in four months, or be facing another four months of drought for a game that comes out in eight months. Huge difference!

I see, well it's not like I would be devestated by a delay, but you can be bloody sure I still will be affected by it.

I prefer to play this game at the end of spring rather than some random date more than half a year from now.

Hunter S. Compton

I thought I would be fine with the first delay but every now and then I can’t help but reflect on how we should have had this game for like 2 months by now

Cozzi

I thought I would be fine with the first delay but every now and then I can’t help but reflect on how we should have had this game for like 2 months by now

Every now and then?... I bitch about it nearly every day... lol. R* is killing me inside.

Sobchak

Time flies by fast then we will all be obsessing over why GTA VI hasn't been announced :panic:

Jabalous

Time flies by fast then we will all be obsessing over why GTA VI hasn't been announced :panic:

Will be there complaining about the GTA VI info drought. Haha.

SuperKitsune

Many times I wonder whether this "delaying" is part of their strategy, or the reasons provided are a genuine one? I mean, I don't recall any major release in the past that wasn't delayed for whatever reason. I was expecting a delay in case of RDR 2 as well. So, it's not really surprising to see them delaying the game, though for the topic, I don't think they will delay anymore.

It most probably is, absence creates more need.

Jabalous

Many times I wonder whether this "delaying" is part of their strategy, or the reasons provided are a genuine one? I mean, I don't recall any major release in the past that wasn't delayed for whatever reason. I was expecting a delay in case of RDR 2 as well. So, it's not really surprising to see them delaying the game, though for the topic, I don't think they will delay anymore.

Like if you've not seen your loved one for a long time, you get more anxious to see him/her as time passes? I can get behind this line of thought.

Edited by Efreet

SuperKitsune

Like if you've not seen your loved one for a long time, you get more anxious to see him/her as time passes? I can get behind this line of thought.

Yes, good example. It's a natural human reaction really. The absence of something you find important or interesting automatically makes you think and talk more about it.

The recent boom of new forum members (including myself) is a good example of that.

SeniorDerp

However waiting too long can have the opposite effect, people will start to move on regardless of how important they were at one point. A delay is like waiting for that loved one to come home but they tell you itll be longer, then you wait it out just to be told you have to wait againl.

If its delayed a second time then it is what it is but Ill end up buying the game used as my own little way of keeping R* from getting my monies after doing such a sh*t job with keeping a timeline

Edited by SeniorDerp

Cozzi

If the delay is a strategy its pissing me off but I'm also kind of concerned as to whats going on at R* with like the benz, and the cancellation of SP DLC on GTA 5 in favor of bullsh*t, and now this RDR thing is making me wonder how the company is actually doing. Maybe I'm mistaken or have a romanticized memory, but R* has been pretty solid to its fanbase over the years and never had a problem getting their sh*t together when something happened. So whats been going on the last couple years?