Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,693 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
djb204

Another delay?

RDR2 Delay  

80 members have voted

1. 1. We're into another info drought. Do you think RDR2 is going to be delayed again?

• Yes
    • No
    • It's like, cancelled, man

Cozzi

If the delay is a strategy its pissing me off but I'm also kind of concerned as to whats going on at R* with like the benz, and the cancellation of SP DLC on GTA 5 in favor of bullsh*t, and now this RDR thing is making me wonder how the company is actually doing. Maybe I'm mistaken or have a romanticized memory, but R* has been pretty solid to its fanbase over the years and never had a problem getting their sh*t together when something happened. So whats been going on the last couple years?

joshua969

I'm thinking February 6th is do or die. If we get past that date with no information, I'm certain the game will be delayed until late Sep/Early Oct.

I would love if prior to February 6th they make an announcement with a May release date and some screenshots, but this silence is testing my faith.

SuperKitsune

Actually as I understand it, the days leading up to Feb 7th are the most dangerous.

If a delay is in fact coming, it must be announced before the investor call to inform the investors and see how bad the impact on their stock is.

If nothing has been announced by next Wednesday, it's anybody's guess...

Mister Pink

I think they're trying to figure out the monetization of multiplayer especially after the EA/Star Wars debacle. GTA V got a free pass with Shark Cards except for a few vocal minorities which opposed. I think the EA thing is worrying for any developer looking to monetize online play. The gaming community is pretty angry about these cynical practices. Of course this upcoming investor call would certainly be a big factor in online monetization and investors might want to see if they can repeat GTA V's Shark Cards success. Is it worth the risk of public kickback if it's pay to win or a grind or pay situation like GTA V?

That's not saying Rockstar aren't being perfectionists on this game either. I personally don't mind another delay. I've not been hyping myself for this game or least I'm trying to set myself realistic expectations. I'm not going to look at mapping RDR2 or trailer analysis. The best video games you can play are the video games you know nothing of going in to it. Everything is a surprise and everything is new. Zero spoilers, moderate and realistic expectations, all the way, baby. I would actually love if they just released the game with no other info.

I'm going try stick to my guns and not buy RDR2 if it's grind or pay. I don't want to support that kind practice. I would actually just prefer paying for DLC but good, big episodic DLC than freemium bullsh*t.

Sobchak

I don't think they will do freemium bs. They wouldn't jeopardize that. Rockstar had a lot of success with simply releasing free DLC every few months and having microtransactions as an option. As long as sh*t doesn't get too expensive in-game it shouldn't be a problem.

Hunter S. Compton

Are you a dope? That’s literally what Freemium means. It’s techincally free but If you pay a premium it’s easier/faster/better....

Sobchak

Sorry pay to play whatever. When I think "freemium" I think of sh*t mobile games that are barely fun enough and have timed activities that basically force you to pay. Also you pay the $60 up front for the game so it's not free off the bat.

Edited by Sobchak