Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,895 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
djb204

Another delay?

RDR2 Delay  

80 members have voted

1. 1. We're into another info drought. Do you think RDR2 is going to be delayed again?

• Yes
    • No
    • It's like, cancelled, man

SeniorDerp

I'm sure they would never release it right before summer and that's because Take2 got the best market analysts in the industry. Their plan was to release it in early May, now they realized that it is impossible

Strauss Zelnick on RDR2 - “For a title like this, I don’t think the launch window really matters”

Where did you see R* say they were planning an early May release?

DGSimo

"Before jumping to conclusions watch this video of someone speculating and jumping to a conclusion."

Ok then. lol

There's plenty of time if this thing is dropping in April, May or June. I mean, God of War is about to blitz with marketing with just 2 months to go until release.

The One They Call Dre

I agree with him

O.Z

May would have been the month which makes perfect sense. Just before E3 and weeks after some other blockbusters will be released.

Looking at these games it makes even more sense to move the release to August.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/01/upcoming-new-video-games-2018.html

The only games I'm interested in 2018 are RDR2 and the remastered GTA IV

CalgaryJay

Just watched the video, god MP gaming annoys me, in the sense of what it's doing to the traditional SP gamer's experience. I know its not breaking news, but hearing again how the ultra success of GTA: Online has resulted in:

a) R* throwing the intended GTA V DLC in the garbage mid-development, and

b) is almost surely the reason for the lengthy RDR2 delay, in an attempt to replicate Online here,

just brings my p*ss to a boil. SP gamers can't enjoy some amazing adventure story in a beautifully detailed world because your average gamer these days would rather talk smack into a microphone and air-hump over a player's dead character's face, its so infuriating. I hate the way the industry is going.

Edited by CalgaryJay

SuperKitsune

Is GTAIV Remastered actually releasing this year? If so, i sure as hell hope it's not interfering with RDR2's progress.

Spider-Vice

It's all just rumours because of it's 10th anniversary. Also, a remaster would definitely not steal resources from an actual full-fledged game production, after all the original game is already made, you just have to readapt some assets and assign a bit of a studio or two to it.

SuperKitsune

It's all just rumours because of it's 10th anniversary. Also, a remaster would definitely not steal resources from an actual full-fledged game production, after all the original game is already made, you just have to readapt some assets and assign a bit of a studio or two to it.

I just meant that i preffered all of their attention going into rdr2 atm. But i guess that's already a lost hope because of gta online.

PapasHota

If nothing happens this month, it means that it is delayed to fall 2018

djb204

I'll only be concerned when they start promoting multiplayer info over the single player.

Both GTA and Red Dead eventually started multiplayer promotions before the launch of the last games. Its inevitable regardless of whether or not they focus on one over the other. Both modes will get promoted.

O.Z

If nothing happens this month, it means that it is delayed to fall 2018

Nope, if nothing happens in February then it will mean the game gets delayed

Darrel

It really is starting to look like gta V all over again.

If they know its delayed they will just keep us waiting for as long as they possibly can. Its quite f*cked up.

Spider-Vice

Good news is by February 7 we'll probably have a release date, I can't see the TTWO conference call coming without a date. Whether that is May or September 2018.

DGSimo

Good news is by February 7 we'll probably have a release date, I can't see the TTWO conference call coming without a date. Whether that is May or September 2018.

Especially when the next call isn't until May too, probably why they've announced some releases in January. Although RDR's 3 week delay was actually announced in the investors call followed by a press release.

Of course the game has an actual April date at that time.

Edited by DGSimo

Jason

There's still plenty of time for them to release in May, or even April. They have two trailers under their belt, so a date + info blowout then RDR:O info a month or two later with another preview + trailers / tv spots throughout. We talked a lot about a 6 month promotional campaign back in early-mid 2017 but a release in April or May kinda throws a spanner in the works for that because no one promotes Spring-time games at the end of the year due to the chaotic amount of big releases. A lot of that discussion was when we had just the one trailer, too.

SuperKitsune

There's still plenty of time for them to release in May, or even April. They have two trailers under their belt, so a date + info blowout then RDR:O info a month or two later with another preview + trailers / tv spots throughout. We talked a lot about a 6 month promotional campaign back in early-mid 2017 but a release in April or May kinda throws a spanner in the works for that because no one promotes Spring-time games at the end of the year due to the chaotic amount of big releases. A lot of that discussion was when we had just the one trailer, too.

So when exactly do you think we'll get our next info?

UAL

RDR2 - October '18

GTA VI - October '20

el capito

RDR 2 - May/June '18

RDR online - Sep/Oct '18

Holland_Hicks

I honestly think they're going to announce a delay and release date on the 7th.

SuperKitsune

That would be last second bad news.

Jason

So when exactly do you think we'll get our next info?

This month.

Nerfgoth

Spring ends 21 of June and June to August is prime month for micro transactions due to all kids are home from school!

tonko

Yeah, it's gonna be another delay most likely :r*:

Edited by tonko

O.Z

RDR2 - October '18

GTA VI - October '20

GTA VI - October '22

Edited by O.Z

Braindawg

How frustrating and problematic would it be to port RDR from the EBR2 hybrid it uses to EBR3? (or 4 at this point?) It would probably take some time, and could turn out like the piece of sh*t PC port we got for GTA IV.

Then again, learning plenty from GTA V's PC port and with today's specs they can probably make it run great, despite the horsesh*t they'd have to go through to make it work well, and be acceptable graphics-wise. (Actually overhauling it with HD textures and models, so people wont moan about the polycount or the 512x512 materials)

I'd LOVE to see a remaster of RDR. I'd just hate to see the typical R* lazy PC porting evidence all over it.

Edited by Braindawg

Rockstar Vienna

Delay or Spring... I keep telling myself that I'll play Red Dead in 8-9 months (September/October) at the very latest. And let's be honest... 8 months is nothing after waiting 8 years for a new Red Dead! Time flies so fast. For comparison: Almost 4 months have passed since the 2nd trailer came out! Still have my fingers crossed for a Spring release but we would definitely survive 3 or 4 extra months! And the best has yet to come in these months: Trailers, gameplay, tons of screenshots, artwork etc. :^:

Edited by Rockstar Vienna

George Costanza

How frustrating and problematic would it be to port RDR from the EBR2 hybrid it uses to EBR3? (or 4 at this point?) It would probably take some time, and could turn out like the piece of sh*t PC port we got for GTA IV.

Then again, learning plenty from GTA V's PC port and with today's specs they can probably make it run great, despite the horsesh*t they'd have to go through to make it work well, and be acceptable graphics-wise. (Actually overhauling it with HD textures and models, so people wont moan about the polycount or the 512x512 materials)

I'd LOVE to see a remaster of RDR. I'd just hate to see the typical R* lazy PC porting evidence all over it.

I dont think it would be problematic to do port from engine to engine. If they have original map in 3DS max and texture masters, then they have map with better textures. Audio is ez too. And scripting for most part should be just copy paste of code too i think (i am no actual programmer).

There are the rumours that RDR2 1 is basically held by duck tape, but we dont know exactly if it's the engine or the game scripting (if it's the first, then what i said first is right)

If you look at the Bully for example. It was on Renderware originally, then it got ported to gamebryo with additional missions for PC, X360 and Wii. And then it got ported to mobile (supposedly back to Renderware) with the additional mission stuff. So i doubt it would be hard to port it to newer engine if they have it optimized for the platforms.

Edited by George Costanza

Dick Justice

Delay or Spring... I keep telling myself that I'll play Red Dead in 8-9 months (September/October) at the very latest. And let's be honest... 8 months is nothing after waiting 8 years for a new Red Dead! Time flies so fast. For comparison: Almost 4 months have passed since the 2nd trailer came out! Still have my fingers crossed for a Spring release but we would definitely survive 3 or 4 extra months! And the best has yet to come in these months: Trailers, gameplay, tons of screenshots, artwork etc. :^:

This attitude is magical, bro. When the release date drops, whether it's Spring or Fall, relief is what I will feel. Relief that I finally know when I'll have my hands on a game that is a continuation in a series that is so important to me.

Edit: That said if the release date drops and the game is out in four-months, it probably won't be relief as much as full-blown excitement.

Edited by Dick Justice

Journey_95

Seems rather likely now. Rockstar loves their huge marketing campaigns and so far we haven't seen much for RDR2