Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,696 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
djb204

Another delay?

RDR2 Delay  

80 members have voted

1. 1. We're into another info drought. Do you think RDR2 is going to be delayed again?

• Yes
    • No
    • It's like, cancelled, man

djb204

Watch the video before jumping to conclusion. It's just speculation, but the points made in the video could make another delay plausible.

MostWantedMVP

Just wait on Rockstar's official word I think we'll get something within the coming weeks.

Edited by MostWantedMVP

Safari

I wouldn't be making claims until the end of January.

Dick Justice

LegacyKilla doesn't know sh*t. He's one of us ffs.

BUT THE BENZ

yeah delayed, because things haven't been settled in court yet.

Efreet

That's Legacy's prediction and I'm personally agreeing with him. I hate it, but reality kicks.

UAL

I think it's been delayed again as well

SeniorDerp

Maybe Im alone on this but feeling like/saying a game is delayed because marketing hasnt ramped up yet like it did seven years ago is absurd.

On YouTube for instance, the second trailer alone (5.5m) has nearly a million more views than every RDR1 video combined. A massive, expensive, 6 month long marketing campaign is no longer needed thanks to social media

Edited by SeniorDerp

ivarblaauw

My money is a release between May and June. Perhaps the Friday 18th of May or the Monday the 21st in May.

Why? Because that is the release date of Red Dead Redemption 1.

I expect the first paid DLC to drop in the end of October. This might even be the already anticipated Undead Nightmare add on.

This combined with new DLC for online every 6-8 weeks.

A year after release I anticipate the release of Red Dead Redemption: Marston's story (or something like that). A remade Red Dead Redemption 1. This will also include the map expansion for Red Dead Online.

The latter two can be changed around. But that is what I think will happen.

Edited by ivarblaauw

Frantz Fuchs

Legacy is a member here, he's just speculating like us.

The conference call in on 7th Feb so we'll see.

Rockstar Vienna

The conference call is the deadline imo. Right now I think a delay is already a bit more likely than a Spring release. But less than a month and we should be able to put all the speculation to rest. We'll see. I'd be ok with a delay as long as we also get a release date and more info and not the start of another drought (or basically an extention of the current one).

Darrel

I also think its delayed and i'm an optimist.

Im gonna think that, and if its not I wont be pissed off. Its just expected atm for me

FlatFX

They got Sunday left but i think it is too late. Less than 5 month to hype the anticipated game of the century is not happening. There are zero information on gameplay online mode.....

No way this is going to be released in May or beginning of June

I put my bets on 28th of August.

The good thing is that with the delay they will announce the release date and in parallel start their information flow.

DELAY IS COMING

O.Z

They got Sunday left but i think it is too late. Less than 5 month to hype the anticipated game of the century is not happening. There are zero information on gameplay online mode.....

No way this is going to be released in May or beginning of June

I put my bets on 28th of August.

The good thing is that with the delay they will announce the release date and in parallel start their information flow.

DELAY IS COMING

"They got until Sunday" - nope

"Game of The Century" - I wouldn't go that far

"DELAY IS COMING" - lol

Just relax mate, there is still plenty of time left

Jason

Nothing's changed for me, I'll worry if we get to February the 1st with nothing. Picking random days in January is pointless, just see the month out and see what it brings.

Holland_Hicks

There's nothing to worry about until the conference call. Personally though, I'm guessing the game will be delayed to September.

Dick Justice

Either way we'll know by February 7th.

uJhatafart00

Game s gonna be delayed, no doubts on that unfortunately.

Edited by uJhatafart00

O.Z

Source or stfu! ;)

uJhatafart00

Source or stfu! ;)The game should be released within next 4 months and the only thing we know about this game is its title. Do you really need a source? I think you just need a brain.

O.Z

Source or stfu! ;)
The game should be released within next 4 months and the only thing we know about this game is its title. Do you really need a source? I think you just need a brain.

Fair enough. However, if the game releases early June, then there is still more than enough time for R* to reveal everything... be patient

FlatFX

Yep. They will delay it to August. With the delay they announce an exact date and some screenshots.

Then their marketing campaign kicks off. We will probably get the following information:

-Trailer which gives more insight into the game and it’s features (possible with actual gameplay)

-Trailer for the Online Mode which will be released prior E3 2018.

-At the fair we will get live gameplay and hands on.

-Mid of August release Trailer

-End of August release

Nutduster

Source or stfu! ;)
The game should be released within next 4 months and the only thing we know about this game is its title. Do you really need a source? I think you just need a brain.

Title, characters, two trailers, and a decent number of screenshots, you mean.

It might be delayed again (I would guess that too), but it's really tiresome reading all these posts from people pretending to know things they don't. The release date isn't for months yet, why are we freaking out every week about the information drought? Please remember that Rockstar often rolls like this and over the years they have only gotten more certain that they can market their games whenever and however they want, and will still set industry records. They could drop the game with no marketing at all like a Beyonce album, and it would make a billion dollars by the end of the weekend.

Efreet

August is still a Summer release. September (Fall) is more likely, and if there'a a delay, marketing won't start until April/May.

FlatFX

September is the month of Sport titles. They won’t release it in this time frame

RDR2 needs to be the first title to be released in the late summer/fall season

Efreet

NBA 2K can always have another release. It was an October game until NBA 2K16. Of course they can release it in late August if they wanted to, but I feel that following GTA V's path would make sense business wise.

FlatFX

its not just their own games its more about competition. If NBA 2k19 release is 1 month later than NBA Live 19 they will sure loose some audience. Plus FIFA 19 will be there which drags attention away from their titles

Jason

The start of September or sometime in October would work as a Fall release date, late September is generally a no-no because of Fifa. August would be an odd release date, most publishers try to avoid that month, so much so in fact that when RDR2 got delayed Middle Earth: Shadow of War got pushed back into October. That all being said I think it was Strauss who correctly said they could pretty much release RDR2 when ever and it'd be fine, it's simply too big of a game to be bogged down by a particular release period.

ARTHUR.

I'll only be concerned when they start promoting multiplayer info over the single player.

Edited by ARTHUR.

uJhatafart00

Source or stfu! ;)

Fair enough. However, if the game releases early June, then there is still more than enough time for R* to reveal everything... be patient

Come on, June is not an option for a title of that size and R* knows that, I'm sure they would never release it right before summer and that's because Take2 got the best market analysts in the industry. Their plan was to release it in early May, now they realized that it is impossible (and they don't need to rush it, keep that in mind), so they are going to delay it to September, which is pretty much what they did with GTAV.

Source or stfu! ;)

Title, characters, two trailers, and a decent number of screenshots, you mean.

It might be delayed again (I would guess that too), but it's really tiresome reading all these posts from people pretending to know things they don't. The release date isn't for months yet, why are we freaking out every week about the information drought? Please remember that Rockstar often rolls like this and over the years they have only gotten more certain that they can market their games whenever and however they want, and will still set industry records. They could drop the game with no marketing at all like a Beyonce album, and it would make a billion dollars by the end of the weekend.

When I said the only thing we know about this game is the title I was clearly emphasizing, what I meant was that the marketing campaign has yet to start. I don't pretend to know anything, (I would love to, I swear), but I've known R* for a long time now so it's very clear to me (and also to others who have followed and supported R* for years) that a delay is incoming.

Also, I agree that they could drop a game with no marketing at all, but the point is they've never done that and things won't change with RDR2, 'cause they just don't need to. I repeat, their financial situation is good enough to let them stop all of their other projects and just release GTAO contents, they won't have any problem at all with doing that. Delaying a title has never seemed a problem to them and won't seem such even more so in this particular economic situation.

August is still a Summer release. September (Fall) is more likely, and if there'a a delay, marketing won't start until April/May.

I agree on that. That's the most likely scenario.

Edited by uJhatafart00