Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,681 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

LucidLocomotive

Leave engine running after getting out of car?

LucidLocomotive

I literally just did this as Trevor on PS4, but I have no idea what I did to make it happen. I stole a car and drove a little ways, and when I got out the engine was still on and I could hear the radio playing faintly. I got back in the car and tried to do it again but I cant do it now, I dont know what I did differently but I thought it was interesting that that happened, I thought it was impossible to do in this game. Did anyone know this was actually possible?

Edited by LucidLocomotive

Am Shaegar

I didn't know. Could you post a video?

I don't have the game installed to check whether it works / not. If it works, well, then another less reason to visit the whine and complain thread

anthony

It happen when the player is in "pursuit/jogging" mode, you can see the protagonist agitated in a vehicle, which basically mean he won't turn the engine off while leaving a vehicle because he is in danger or whatever.. You said you stole a car, I bet you had a wanted level...

Edited by anthony

LucidLocomotive

yeah I think I did have a wanted level! I never knew that could happen, when I look it up all I see are threads about people saying they wish they could still do it. It does make me wonder why Rockstar left it out. I'm no V hater, but in IV you could leave the car running or turn it off by either tapping or holding the triange/Y button. It seems like such a small thing that they could have easily put in the game

I dont know why my words keep changing color as soon as I type the "T" key, sorry about that it's not on purpose. does anyone know how I can stop this? lol

Am Shaegar

No offense meant, but are you really typing ? Because that usually happens, in my case, when I'm copy pasting text to the editor. It could be a different issue as well. If you are simply typing without using any format functions like bold, color, etc, then I suppose, it is indeed some sort of a glitch. If the problem persists then you may want to seek help on this problem here

@topic - The game doesn't leave engine running after getting out of car. There are some odd glitches, and indirect ways to leave the engine running, but by default, it's not possible, based on my experiences with the vanilla version on PC.

On the other hand, check out the incredible amount of details V has to offer, like engine cooler fan sound effect, different door sound effect, and a lot more.

It's like a trade off. Each GTA adds something interesting, while takes away something that worked in the past, for no logical reason. Rockstar's weird design choices that every GTA seems to suffer.

LucidLocomotive

Yeah Im really typing, I think it was because I sometimes paste 't' due to not having the plastic key cover thing on that key. That was definitely it though, so thanks

Deadman2112

Turn on the lights if you like

Get out of a car

Punch

Get back in

Let the car start

Then get back out

Edited by Deadman2112

Dryspace

I have inadvertently exited a vehicle while the engine was still running, so I can verify that it is possible on the PC.

I seem to remember reading that one method of doing so is to exit the vehicle before it comes to a complete stop. I also seem to remember another method having something to do with running--perhaps hitting the 'run' key before exiting.

I don't have GTAV installed at present, so I can not test it myself.

anthony

Get out of a car

Punch

Get back in

Let the car start

Then get back out

Can confirm that it is working, you still need to do it again and again; it confirm also what I said..basically the only way to do it is to put the protagonist in the 'combat' state/mode that's about it unfortunately, that way he will not turn the engin off. Edited by anthony

Darealbandicoot

Get out of a car

Punch

Get back in

Let the car start

Then get back out

Can confirm that it is working, you still need to do it again and again; it confirm also what I said..basically the only way to do it is to put the protagonist in the 'combat' state/mode that's about it unfortunately, that way he will not turn the engin off.Another feature gta 4 had that gta v has but we can only use it by going into combat mode lol. Edited by Darealbandicoot

Johnny Spaz

Another reason GTA V sucked, in GTA IV if you held the exit button you'd switch off the engine but if you just tapped it you got out and let the motor running.

Edited by Johnny Spaz

JuliusCaesar

Another reason GTA V sucked, in GTA IV if you held the exit button you'd switch off the engine but if you just tapped it you got out and let the motor running.

It locked the doors when you held it, too. So people couldn't steal it on or offline.

Dryspace

"It locked the doors...So people couldn't steal it on or offline."

Is the player in GTA IV the only guy in town who has a Slim Jim?

anthony

Get out of a car

Punch

Get back in

Let the car start

Then get back out

Can confirm that it is working, you still need to do it again and again; it confirm also what I said..basically the only way to do it is to put the protagonist in the 'combat' state/mode that's about it unfortunately, that way he will not turn the engin off.
Another feature gta 4 had that gta v has but we can only use it by going into combat mode lol.Yeah it's like, you want to turn the engine off ? Play normally. You want to leave it on ? Get out of your car, turn the engine off, punch or whatever to get in combat mode then get back in your car and get out again, lmao. Now you can roleplay.

Too bad they didn't properly implemented this simple feature.

Edited by anthony

Deadman2112

Too bad they didn't properly implemented this simple feature.

Actually they did...

In GTAO. I use it often to keep my car running and ready to go, including having the driver's door open.

If you are playing on next gen.

Its in the interaction menu under vehicle, and remote vehicle functions.

...on topic, the engine running thing I mentioned, works better if you have a gun in your hand

Edited by Deadman2112

anthony

Really ? lmao.

Am Shaegar

In GTAO. I use it often to keep my car running and ready to go. If you are playing on next gen.

Its in the interaction menu under vehicle, and remote vehicle functions.

Oooh..okay. So that explains why it isn't available in SP. I didn't notice this before in GTA O, at all.

I checked on the web, and it mentions:-

Vehicle Remote Controls (enhanced version only)
Control various startup commands on your current personal vehicle.
Engine (On/Off) > Lights (On/Off) > Radio (Radio Station selection)
Seriously, Rockstar??? Another SP feature made Online exclusive.

Piggsy pls

That's why I always said the Online interaction menu should be in SP, not the near useless version we eventually got. It has basic features that should be in SP.

Darealbandicoot

That's why I always said the Online interaction menu should be in SP, not the near useless version we eventually got. It has basic features that should be in SP.

In Rockstars eyes that means one less reason to play online and potentially miss out on shark card sales.

Piggsy pls

In Rockstars eyes that means one less reason to play online and potentially miss out on shark card sales.It's insane how paranoid they are about losing even a single shark card sale.

Deadman2112

I hate to even add this because it's dragging this topic even further off subject but...

online is free

all of the updates are free

and while I do agree that this feature should be in single player, it's still free

...doesn't require a single penny outside of the cost of the game and an internet connection

I think Rockstar is really getting a bad rap in this aspect because people are complaining about the cost of everything online but they don't make it unattainable if you don't want to pay for it.

If this is how you feel then your choice is clear

...grind it out!

...and considering the fact that all of its offered for free...

That's a big bonus

...a lot more than MOST GAMES that you pay for offer

If you truly are so against Shark cards simply invest a little time and effort into your online character. however if you want the fast-track then buy Shark cards the choice is yours, and no matter the choice neither is wrong

Hands down R*...

One of the best dam games I've ever played even in spite of its flaws IMO

Edited by Deadman2112

anthony

They give free clothes, vehicles and weapons models and textures..

...which is what the modding community is doing, except that these guys don't have the same skills than R* (still high quality for some mods) and they're using their own free time to work on modding. These guys at R* are obviously professional and definitely have far more resources..which mean it is 2 + 2 for them, easy peasy, I'm sure it doesn't require a LOT of work from them; bunch of models and textures..

There is NOTHING impressive in what they are doing imo.

It's free sure but from what I remember when I played the online, you need to grind like a bull to buy the best things or you ask kindly an hacker for money..

Edited by anthony

Darealbandicoot

Plus they spam you with ads, phonecalls, emails, a purchase shark cards option in the online section even though that option was always there at the very end of the menu being the ps/xbox store, keep telling you to buy the criminal enterprise starter pack whenever you return to freemode, give you a free automatic shot on the orbital cannon but STILL threaten you with bad sports and takes money from you if you even DARE use it with manual aim or the more expensive auto targeting mode. Oh nooo they arnt gouging the playerbase..... not at all CHOUGH Lazer 6.5 million COUGH Scrooge Zelnick likes loot crates COUGH RDR2 was built from the ground up to incorporate recurrent consumer spending COUGH oh sorry that was a bad cough I had there..

Edited by Darealbandicoot

JuliusCaesar

It's all The Benz fault, too. He was the one who pushed Online to the forefront, Housers wanted nothing to do with it and were all about single player, you can find that in the lawsuit articles and public records.

GTA online gets praised for "free dlc" - GTA Online has probably the literally most expensive DLC ever to exist. You get to download massive extra gigs of data (so far more than 20 or 30 gb more than when the game launched) that you will NEVER experience even 10% of unless you either:

A: Have no life and so live in GTA Online for some reason instead spending 10 hours a day for a year just to try any given pack completely.

B: Spend hundreds of dollars getting only a small amount of DLC to experience with shark cards, spend hundreds more to try all the stuff your first 100s didn't get close to affording.

Most expensive DLC in industry right now, praised for being "Free". Not free. Very, very expensive. With time or real money, you will pay dearly and more than any other game for this content that is "free". Free to download, 100's of dollars or full-time-no-life job to stay in game and grind to get it for "free".

GTA Online is biggest rip off DLC ever to exist. Pretending to be free. And people just praise it, never even see it's the biggest rip off DLC in gaming.

Edited by JuliusCaesar

Darealbandicoot

Well the Housers are all about Online now. Plus the Benz vision for gta online was more cops n crooks related. Point being if he was still around the single player dlc would more than likely be here by now due to a massive amount of staff quitting when the Benz was fired. If he was never fired they wouldn't have quit and online probably wouldn't be stealing it and regurgitating it into expensive crap.

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Cutter De Blanc

Good luck trying to leave your car running in the hood. The gangbangers don't seem to like me doing my kung-fu

Deadman2112

Have no life and so live in GTA Online for some reason instead spending 10 hours a day for a year just to try any given pack completely.

BS

I've earned over a hundred million dollars on my online character and in all honesty when I did it it didn't take me that long

the way I was able to do this was I got together with a few friends who actually got things accomplished instead of f****** off and talking about dumb s*** all night

it only takes forever when you spend hours and hours doing the same Heist over and over again because you and your friends don't know how to do it the proper way in the first place

me and my friends go through these Heist on the first try most of the time. that's not to say that failures don't happen but they are rare

if you need instructions find me on the PlayStation Network and I'll School you

trust me if done correctly the heists are some of the easiest and fastest money you'll ever make in the game

I assure you anyone who has ever played with me can vouch for the fact that I can show you a way to get through every Heist on hard, and on the first try.

last night I helped a group of people that I met from Germany go through the Series A Funding and the Pacific Standard in one sitting

also consider the fact that these people were from Germany so there was a massive language barrier. fortunately one of them spoke a little English and was able to semi translate what I was saying.

One was only lvl 18

Even inspite of all of that, I still took them and walk them through

We went through every one of the setups and Heist on hard on the very first time and when it was over they all said the same thing wow I didn't realize it was that easy.

the main thing that's required is focus and discipline on your part

...and maybe a utility vest lol

lastly your arguments May hold water with the rest of the people who are too lazy to grind it out

...but with me, statements like that fall on deaf ears

Edited by Deadman2112

JuliusCaesar

How many hours you have in GTA V deadman?

How much of your life do you waste doing the same 4 heists over and over? How boring is it?

Your post pretty much proves the point, to be honest.

Their DLC is not free. You need to be "schooled" to redo heists over and over for hours upon hours to try it all - time is money. Some of us have lives, and where we can't just redo the same thing over and over in a video game just to buy something that is ridiculously overpriced (everything in the game is ungodly overpriced in general, and compared to real world counterpart).

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

Fitting signature line you got there, too :-P

Edited by JuliusCaesar

RetroMystic

Their DLC is not free.

Yes it is. Doesn't justify their absurd business practices but you can not say that the DLC for GTA Online isn't free. A large amount of people have bought DLC items without spending a single cent on Shark Cards. What you are saying is objectively false.

How much of your life do you waste doing the same 4 heists over and over? How boring is it?

I can make upwards of $100,000 in under an hour via CEO jobs, be it I/E or the interactive menu missions like airfreight.

Not to mention the Biker businesses that generate money over time.

People don't just sit there playing the heists over and over, that'd be silly and impractical.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

Fitting signature line you got there, too :-P

Don't be petty.

Deadman2112

So I guess you're saying that I have no real life right?

Your time is valuable but mine is not?

Because playing GTA pays my real world bills?

lmao

For the record, I'm a grown man not a kid living of mom and dad.

sorry man but you've got me all wrong.

Time is valuable but, that's my point bro I didn't spend as many hours as you think. When you get with a crew that gets it done, it goes much faster then many assume.

total time invested?

...that's hard to say. I played for a little while in the very beginning, then took about eight months off the when my girlfriend died of cancer. If you think I'm BSing you about that... several of the members here on this board can attest to this fact.

Later i returnd to the game, played for a little while then took several months off again.

I've repeated this process several times.

Boring?

maybe at times. however the prospect of getting something that I really wanted to buy in the game, outweighed that.

I can tell you what's really boring, having to do the same Mission over and over and over, watching someone fail miserably at both the heists and setups simply because they don't have any knowledge of what to do

...and refuse to take directions, all while sitting there thinking to myself I can di this whole damn thing alone.

No. It was not always heists, but when we were doing lots of them, we would get creative and play a little game called "1 man army"

Basically, on more then half of the setups, one person is all you need to do them. So we would do just that.

3 would chill at the apartment while one of us completed the setup alone.

No hacks. No cheats. All skill and knowledge.

Why do you think I've been on this site telling people from the beginning not to waste their time with modders, I can show anyone a way to earn it.

...and once it's earned, it can't be taken away.

I don't want you to think that I'm describing a 5-minute one-and-done thing here but it wasn't as bad as you think.

through doing those heists I made a couple of pretty decent friends in the process with whom I'm friends with still.

Need enough cash to get a CEO business?

I promise you, I could help you get it in a short time.

Edited by Deadman2112