Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,727 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

uNi

Splitting the B*tch & Moan topic

Keep or split the B&M topic?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Keep or split the B&M topic?

• Keep it
    • Open a board for it

Prenihility

Funny enough i was going to post a thread about an issue, but honestly don't think the bitch and moan thread is a good place for it. Rockstar actually need to see this, and i was hoping to somehow do something collaborative with other forum members to make sure this goes through. It's gone on for too long.

Semaj 2JZ♢

The B&M thread, as it is, is supposed to be just a place to vent. To share and revel with others, on all of our bullsh*t encounters and circumstances. Never really thought of it as a place to lodge actual, fixable, problems with the game.

Didn't realize people were assuming it was a place for genuine issues. 🤗

Dacelo

The issue is that people with genuine criticisms/issues with the game are also often directed to B&M.

Edited by Dacelo

StormerBoy

I'm all for splitting it. But mostly I'd love to see the DLC speculation thread split into a forum. I literally never read that thread because it moves so fast. If I ask a question elsewhere about a future DLC, I get directed back there. But how to find an answer to my specific question in a thread about so many different things?

thepiebaker

I'm all for splitting it. But mostly I'd love to see the DLC speculation thread split into a forum. I literally never read that thread because it moves so fast. If I ask a question elsewhere about a future DLC, I get directed back there. But how to find an answer to my specific question in a thread about so many different things?

Honestly the OP of the speculation thread should be divided by spoilers for different thematic updates (tuner, nautical, inh2, beach bums 2, gunrunning 8, etc) and every time something of note is posted a volunteer can message the OP about it.

kenmy13999

Just ask and people will answer, no problem

PetrolCB

Keep it, but at least pin the damn thing already.

Oh wait, I forgot, we need room to pin Mr. Los Santos. Sorry.

Edited by PetrolCB

dead goon

The issue is that people with genuine criticisms/issues with the game are also often directed to B&M.

Can you provide an example?

RedDagger

There's not really any point in pinning every topic that's active enough to be constantly bumped, it stays on the first page via posts alone.

MisFit-138

Kind of feel like it might be more trouble than it's worth for the mods. No doubt some people will ignore the specifics of each thread and use them both as B&M.

Lucius M. Galloway

Definitely split, seeing as how every mod and tattletale are quick to shut down anything that isn't actually B&M, but critical problems and/or issues.

autofanatic

I also agreed. Pin this thread please. I just like B&M thread so much.

tommyguns

Keep it. There is already a section for help and support. B&M is just for venting about your latest in game annoyances.

Jimbatron

A seperate board would obviously allow B&M topics where people could complain about specific issues - which some may find appealing.

However, I always thought the whole point of B&M was to suck up whinges from the front page so they don't derail other threads. If it's moved into a different place that effect might be reduced.

From my perspective, threads on constructive criticism of the game are already allowed anyway. It's only when they're mindless they get locked and the op told to go to B&M instead. So I'd say keep things as they are.

Edited by Jimbatron

Blasterman4EVER

If the Bitch and moan topic gets split, Im f*cking done regularly visiting this stupid f*cking place.

Needing to have the bitch and moan topic at all has always been annoying and stupid from the beginning.

The truth is that we dont need it at all, and the mods and everyone else should be able to deal with an endless string of garbage threads on everything. Let it be, let them die, pop up, go down....

The bitch and moan topic has always been the ultimate cop out in this forum, a way to dismiss what this place really is - a place for gta players to just jive and ask questions and all sorts of nonsense.

The whole thing sucks. Weve been castrated and treated like sh*t by the staff for years.

If you guys start compartmentalizing even the bitch and moan topics, which was a cowardly move to begin in the first place, I am done with this place. Seriously.

Only reason why I have liked the bitch and moan topic at all is because you can say stuff in there without the comment being deleted.

If there is more than one topic like this and the ridiculous mods start censoring or moving comments because theyre not in THE RIGHT BTCH AND MOAN THREAD, its over....

Its over and this forum is complete garbage.

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Youve gotten so annoyed with trolls that you want to ruin this whole damn thing for everybody just because you cant handle dealing with trolls and ignoring them?

This is bullsh*t!!!!!!!! Im out if this continues. Good riddens, all that nonsense, and the people who are glad to see me go will never be less missed or hated by me than I am by them. Scum.

Its a forum for GTAO.

Stop acting like this sh*t actually matters. Its a goddamned video game forum, not an academic forum.

The people running and trolling this place have just taken all of this sh*t waayyyyyyyyy too seriously.

(forgive the poor grammar--- phone formatting)

Edited by Blasterman4EVER

Pedinhuh

Since the mods decided to bring up this issue, I guess it's safe to say you folks want to see changes made to it, or maybe the current thread isn't working as intended?

Well, I vote to keep it as it organizes threads better, makes the forum less polluted and to top it off, pushes newcomers to read the rules(I would say 3 out of 10 actually read those, but its better than none).

RedDagger

Since the mods decided to bring up this issue, I guess it's safe to say you folks want to see changes made to it, or maybe the current thread isn't working as intended?

It's not uncommon for people to complain about posts getting funnelled into the B&M thread, this poll is mostly to see if that's a majority opinion - and judging from the responses, nothing that drastic will need to be changed.

If it's just a case of being too lock-happy, anyone have several examples of threads they feel shouldn't have been directed towards the B&M thread? You can browse locked threads by changing the "recently updated" filter to custom>topic type>locked. Would be good to have more tangible feedback :santa:

Happy Hunter

The things that are shut down and told to go to b*tch and moan - they'd be just as hidden under this surely? Just chucked out of sight, away from the main section?

I'd say just let b&m's ("a Hunter blew up my cargo\things are so expensive\it's not GTA") go into b*tch and moan, and let productive threads with criticisms and/or suggestions stay in the main section.

However, I am just a helicopter. I know nothing.

Also, Reddagger - what does it mean now that you're a Globalist Moderator? Do you get special powers now?

Edited by Happy Hunter

Khaisz

If the reason for splitting the topic is to seperate sh*tposts and actual complaints about issues like "I can't play the game for X reason, help?" Then yes, I would like it to split, but then you are also in the wrong thread to start with and also wrong sub-forum.

I see the B&M topic as a place for all sh*tposting to happen so rest of the forum don't get clogged up with 200 posts about getting killed daily by an orbital laser by a modder with 420quadrillion money that looks like jesus.

So I'm gonna vote keep it, If you are having a serious problem/complaint and looking for a serious discussion/answer, try go to the Help and Support sub-forum.

Edited by Khaisz

RedDagger

Also, Reddagger - what does it mean now that you're a Globalist Moderator? Do you get special powers now?

Basically imma ban all of ya :santa:

Khaisz

Basically imma ban all of ya :santa:

You have nothing on me, So you can't ban me for nothing :v

uNi

Well, looks like it's staying the same.

Thanks everyone for the input!