Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,299 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

uNi

Splitting the B*tch & Moan topic

Keep or split the B&M topic?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Keep or split the B&M topic?

• Keep it
    • Open a board for it

uNi

Simple enough, would you like to keep it the way it is, or having a dedicated board for issues/feedback?

Feel free to discuss it here, we'll leave this open for a few days and then decide on what to do depending on the community voting.

dead goon

Split. A serious topic for serious problems should exist.

irish.chr

Keep it as it is. There's already so many dedicated boards that I ignore half of them.

Snoopbr

A new board would stimulate discussions = construct an idea. The actual topic looks like a mess.

Hazzardtohimself

^ This, but it really is dependant on contributors being able to sensibly divide their reports:

1) Wanting to complain about something game-breaking / a persistent or frequent fault that should be fixed (i.e: "I just got thrown back to single player for no reason and lost my crates / export etc. Reeee...")

2) Wanting to complain about something that happened in game that riled them (i.e: "I just got vote-kicked from a session because I was fighting back against a group of Marksman wigglers. Reeee...")

3) Wanting to complain about something that should (or doesn't) belong in any of the other B&M threads (i.e: "I just got left behind in a race because I was driving a Moonbeam that should be in Vans not Muscles. Reeee...")

I think a general B&M thread is needed for venting with moderate control to keep it on-topic. Maybe an 'official' dedicated B&M in each forum section (latest DLC, vehicles, content creator etc.) could be tried, although I think inevitably most people would gravitate back to the previously mentioned general B&M topic.

jdv95

keep it.

we already have 3 B&M topics and this whole thing with opening subforums is just cluttering up the main forum page tbh.

dead goon

^ This, but it really is dependant on contributors being able to sensibly divide their reports:

1) Wanting to complain about something game-breaking / a persistent or frequent fault that should be fixed (i.e: "I just got thrown back to single player for no reason and lost my crates / export etc. Reeee...")

2) Wanting to complain about something that happened in game that riled them (i.e: "I just got vote-kicked from a session because I was fighting back against a group of Marksman wigglers. Reeee...")

3) Wanting to complain about something that should (or doesn't) belong in any of the other B&M threads (i.e: "I just got left behind in a race because I was driving a Moonbeam that should be in Vans not Muscles. Reeee...")

I think a general B&M thread is needed for venting with moderate control to keep it on-topic. Maybe an 'official' dedicated B&M in each forum section (latest DLC, vehicles, content creator etc.) could be tried, although I think inevitably most people would gravitate back to the previously mentioned general B&M topic.

B&M shouldn't need any moderating unless there is a serious issue like a personal threat or something.

Edited by dead goon

Jenkiiii

I hardly ever read B&M because it's mammoth trawl getting to anything interesting due to the thread being one long list of complaints. So, yes, maybe it would be better to have a dedicated board for specific complaints, but in reality people just like to moan, and it's much easier to complain and dislike than it is to compliment and praise, so a dedicated board would be an extremely negative area where anything positive is frowned upon, so a massive place to avoid for me.

Edited by Jenkiiii

whywontyoulisten

Even if you had specific sections for serious and general complaints, everything would just end up in serious anyway because people always think their complaint is special. All you'd do is create another massive headache for moderators. We already have Help & Support for problems/solutions.

Edited by whywontyoulisten

MrClownSocks

I think creating a sub forum would be better because I think some B&M’s deserve their own thread. I think there should still be a general B&M thread in the sub form of B&M’s though. If that makes sense, lol.

Sanches

Isn't there a forum support subforum?

TankGirl

I say make a board for it. There is actual useful information to be found in the B&M thread but its not orginized at all being that its just a running thread. It would be nice to be able to post a complaint or issue in your own thread on a board so that others can properly discuss it with you and maybe even find a solution. That's just my opinion.

kenmy13999

Split it as long as it won't just be like every post in current b&m is made in to a new thread.

Imo if it's split the threads need to be a little detailed with the actual problem, not just 'fix your stupid sh*t C*, game is f*cking unplayable because I was killed with the orbital cannon'

For the record I don't like the orbital cannon myself so this was just an example and is just my opinion also

JustCallMeNiko

I'd be fine with or without it.

I do think that legitimate complaints are better off being sent to R* directly.

∴

Maybe the Help & Support board needs a lift? I feel like a lot of the issues that people bring up in the B&M topic are problems that could be posted about in there. I'm not talking about things like "oh no, this player shot me and stole my money" because that's just how the mop flops. I mean actual issues and bugs that other players should be aware of that hinder the experience of playing online.

CrysisAverted

As a longtime contributor to that topic I insist it stay where it is.

autofanatic

Just keep it please, thanks.

Dacelo

I say split it - B&M has a lot of legitimate critical discussion in it but also a lot of straight-up directionless venting (which is totally fine, just not really that interesting to read most of the time).

Black Terminator

Keep it where it is because we would be getting a lot of complaint threads.

Shadowfennekin

Keep it.

A bitch/moan section would be absolutely flooded with topics.

And filled with "Servers down" whenever we deal with that crappy issue

Commander S

Definitely need a third option: just a simple two-way split (no extra sub-forum - that's overkill, IMO), keeping the B&M section for general spleen-venting, and then another for 'gripes about the game itself'.

So, for example 'f***ing randoms don't know how to play, just wasted an entire session for nothing, raaargh...' = B&M. Meanwhile, 'payouts for _____ are terrible, so the whole thing is rendered pointless' = 'airing of the GTAO grievances' thread. Something like that, anyway.

StangOne50

Maybe the Help & Support board needs a lift? I feel like a lot of the issues that people bring up in the B&M topic are problems that could be posted about in there. I'm not talking about things like "oh no, this player shot me and stole my money" because that's just how the mop flops. I mean actual issues and bugs that other players should be aware of that hinder the experience of playing online.

This was my suggestion in the other thread.

Leave the B&M thread for people to vent.

The help section needs help.

When multiple threads of the same subject come up in the online section, they are quickly locked.

In the help section nothing gets locked and threads with the same issue get scattered. It just needs to be managed a bit better.

More pinned issue specific threads.

Couple weeks ago there was a bug where if you switched characters and purchased a car, the car would never get delivered. R knows about this and shame on them for not giving two sh*ts about us and posting a simple warning on their website. When stuff like this comes up there should be a pinned thread asap.

Bigger issues like the current missing ammo bug should also have their own pinned threads.

Based on my opinion I can not cast a vote.

Edited by StangOne50

AboveAndBeyoncé

Honestly it would just confuse me even more lol

Cackling Jack

Bitch and moan is fine as it is. It’s good that people can go there and have a spit. Think changing the layout would make my head spin.

whywontyoulisten

Well in that case turn it into the Bitch & Support section, where people can find solutions to the things they're moaning about. Definitely don't need to make the board any more complicated.

Guides & Strategies could be scrapped as well, as it's nothing more than people asking how to do things, plus useless clickbait YouTube "guides".

Karrecod

Keep it as it is. There's already so many dedicated boards that I ignore half of them.

DangerZ0neX

Why even consider moving it into a board in the first place?

Keep it as it is.

KWF1981

I voted keep. But I am a noob in this area so it's out of ease. I'll soon adapt.

Seems like a good time to let it all out, I have issues here, but it ain't the players/topics, lol. Though I have a couple of things I'll add in case... If I join raged for speaking my mind here, so be it. Be a shame, but at least I'll go out singing, lol...

Anyway, too long, don't read. You know I love a good ramble. Get a coffee!...

Whatever is easiest for the guys in charge really. Already feels like none of them except Mach are aproachable (And even with him, I look to be agreeable through fear of causing myself issues), so to be honest, it's whatever really.

I get that keeping the site clear of crap and some can take the piss. But there are much better ways to deal with things than being called 'weird' by one for reporting abusive stuff. Plus I've seen more than enough times where 'they can, we can't scenarios' too.

Why can they or their preferred members get a pass on the rules?. Certainly feels off, IMHO.

Of course, now I've conformed and accepted that I'm looked down on by them, I get less sh*t from it all and last time I reported crap, not too long ago, FINALLY I got a human response.

I only reacted so poorly to start because of this!. Had this moderator and friends been like the chap who approached me and actually spoke to me with respect, I know I would have stopped much earlier and seen the positive stuff I've since seen much quicker. No names, but the chap I respect more for this, I feel knows. He, and since then are what made this site initially tollerable, and then i saw the positive.

I get it, roast the new guy. I love banter too. But to be isolated when PM's come that are nasty. Ain't right and it set me off... Truly 'triggered' as everyone called me. f*cking right and all.

Treat me like a c*nt, I act like one. Petty, absolutely. But as I was branded as such, I play up. Always will. Can't look no worse than what they called me, so I had at it. Why not, least thats how i felt.

You guys that run this site signed up for the role. Granted, it's a Labour of love, but to be in charge, we mere visitors here should feel that these things are fairly taken seriously. And certainly not ganged up on making sh*t worse by editing me, but allowing others a pass. There's still posts out there attacking me I wish removed, but more so, the one's that saw people call out my family/parenting. Shameful from whoever it was in charge then.

Yep!. I even called him/her a communist!. Censor me, but allow worse at me. No!.

(I'm long past this, and can't remember the one that insulted me then. Don't really care, and ain't going into it. I just avoid staff here since. But highlighting something using me as the example as these are issues I have here and feel 100% more should be done to see impartial refereeing really).

I feel the moderators that purely mod, should have a helpful page with some basic info to make them feel real and to have known go-to people that can help, without bias, when issues arise. If they don't interact here but look to moderate, I feel you should add more like Mach1bud, as he shows me far better ways to defuse things or swing chats away from distractions.

Plus, more clarity. I get that ragedandcaged was deliberate, but he was one I enjoyed some back and forth with, don't feel alone here eirther TBH. Honestly, I miss that and every time it's hidden/removed, it saddens me to see that.

Not the real nasty stuff people put. But he wasn't nasty, just deliberate at times, but I enjoyed it. And the man loves the game too. So to see him banned and not understand why, other than yet again feel like they above feel like swinging their dicks about really. The ego and sh*t like that ban roulette is just pathetic and why people take so much time in their accounts even look to participate there, and then there's areas that encourage worse behaviour. The Best/Worst Messages... Shocking!.

That thread highlights so much poison, and so many see that and then think that's ok to act that way. HOW CAN DEATH THREATS BE PUBLISHED WITH SUCH PRIDE AND NO CONSEQUENCES. As much as this game does too much, IMO, at allowing players to be that bad. You guys endorse it by allowing it to thrive long after the events in game. Disgusting side to the site.

Yes, I avoid it. But dickheads don't that are looking to cause real grief. To support it and highlight it in what's clearly a positive and ego driven light will, to me, always be the black stain that marks this site to have so many look to treat it with no respect.

Can't insult one on here, even in jest and lightly. But you threaten players and their family's though through your consoles/PC's, you may just be featured in a 'hot' thread... Sends a very bad message!.

Why is this ok?. Am I wrong to see this CAN encourage this more, here and in-game?.

I mean, getting back to ragedandcaged. In the awards thing, you have one asking who should be unbanned. So to know why someone was banned would help. Was he just being raged, or did he go too far. Not for one mods personal taste mind. But actually go all out to warrant the ban.

After time, we talk and build a rapor, so to see him just gone, surprising really. I'll look to nominate/vote to see him unbanned, but would that be right?. He could have just caught a moderator on a bad day and been made an example of, fully warranting me voting 'unban'... But he could have over-stepped and as I have no clues, I could be seeking to bring back someone that went further than what we grew to expect. He helped players, had jokes too... Just was surprised is all, given my history really!.

Sorry if that was a wild rant. But as changes are being discussed, felt apt to let you guys know my feelings on a few things too. Felt wrong to be isolated fluke that, IMO.

I appreciate that time is volunteered to do things here, but equally that if you want a responsibility based role, your signing up for much of what's there to do. I'm not looking to make people open up more than they want. But to be accessible and certainly fair and impartial. I feel that's fair.

Anyway, if I get a slap, so be it. I needed to vent here. Sorry.

Ideas...

Subforums should have the last 5 hot/last commented on underneath their sub forum banner. Would help with some that just wanna talk the latest topics in a given area.

Like with 'Doomsday' sub forum, a link to the last few active threads without having to go to the subforums, if I make sense?.

I do feel the guides and strategies area could do with adding 'making money' to the title, or as a highlighted area itself as it should help with all these threads asking for tips here.

Stuff like Jimbatron's Lone Wolf Guide, an award winner. And CaliMeatWagon's great work should be featured heavily too. Get it out there and easy to find for those wanting advice on a given business and such.

How about a car tuning area. Not just an appreciation section with a few threads mixed in, threads that show info on making a car in-game look more like it's real life counterparts, with info and links to those real life inspirations. Make it more diverse.

Bring fair, I just hate seeing the computer clam up with all the pictures loading as I scroll too quickly. If I after car info, I tend to look elsewhere as for me, that area is just as messy and vague as anything else. Car info gets lost in with it all. Also, proper comparison threads could help and be fun too, talking more than pictures I mean. Many just aren't sure after Smugglers Run. Seeing discussions regarding weather the new thinks like Akula is better than a Hunter, Buzzard, or Savage. A real 'pro's and con's section.

Just thinking out loud. I expect none of my thoughts to be taken seriously, lol, let alone considered. Just with the 'vehicles' section, I gave up there, and I love my cars.

The help and support. Gotta have a 'current known bugs, errors and glitches' area. Listing all known tome and money costing, or game changing errors like last week's 'saving failed' cheap that saw some lose cash. Maybe a link to R* server page too for ease, if legal, lol. Just more to see things like that old glitch where the cops don't flash when on prison break, real time savers really.

Also, and I know I'm not active everywhere, so apologies if I miss stuff, but that highlights my asks here too, lol.

Creators of big threads/sections should have their own space to 'attract' us to interact more in areas, like CaliMeatWagon, fw3, and such. I feel a featured page of all those, Any Vinewoods games too, that sort or bigger more consistent stuff should be featured in their own areas and linked to other areas too in OP's, you know... More flexible and accessible. Of course, I'm not looking to get people to do more than they can or want.

If I knew how to do more, I'd start trying. We need an area that fully explains how to create proper threads and areas like the guys I mentioned do. All I get told is 'upload to imagur' or some sh*t, lol...

Ain't even been on Facebook, lol. Never done computing. So am completely green. Tried asking a moderator, got more of the sane, lol. I don't f*cking know, so guides and help there would be awesome!.

f*ck, I even got told I couldn't change my name... Then ragedandcaged became SHADOW OPS!!!. Why could he change, but I can't?.

Again, more to make me feel isolated and there rules for me, not others.

If your moderators don't know. Get rid, lol.

I called Sky to pay my bill just yesterday, and the clown on the other end kept on saying 'hold on a minute, I'll check'. f*ck!. To simply pay the bill. Much the same here. Get rid of those one's. Really!.

So, to me... Subforums, if done right and can be flexible with links across the boards so if I'm In a car topic, and links at the bottom, say. Where I can ping to another area too, flexible helps. And with that, you can add so many more specific things to here. Like how I've just learned there's a movie and TV area, linking things there that relate to GTA:O specifically to encourage, and open up more areas for us to chat in. As often it's just through laziness or concussion as to where to go to get an answer or the right info if in a hurry more.

Much in-game happens 'on the fly' to have quick access to areas and flexibility there to other areas can only help.

BUT... on the flip side. Thing like the bigger game errors or servers issues and such, to see these things pop up everywhere in various areas is ideal too as we all have our niches so to have that info spread to all areas by it being more scattered helps.

I do feel this 'microtransactions' talk infected so many threads, and in turn got noticed more. So I do believe the negative towards research everywhere helped see it stay gone from the last 2 DLC's. I do hope, lol.

Anyway, sorry to rant like this and bring up old crap. But in my early days, I was a thorn in some people's side, had things been better managed, it wouldn't have even been a thing, IMO. I just feel there's more you guys in charge could do to make the site command more respectful use, which in turn will reduce the crap you do have to look to stop.

A probation period for new accounts?. Just a thought, not thought it through. And also knowing I can't create another account as you guys know my ISP and such, but seeing banned members return with a new I account is also something that makes me feel isolated further.

Just do more to be like us visitors/members and be human, and not hold me to ransom and at times scare me into conforming really.

I'd have rather just been booted than learn that you guys know where I am, worries me to speak truly too knowing early attacks were given a pass against me because I was the new kid you lot had to ride.

Whatever you do, at least do that and allow new users to feel welcome to post any opinion, right or wrong, and talk GTA, as I felt it went far further than a little roasting really.

Worries me that strangers can hold that power over me and my family knowing where I am. Been cautious since.

Again, sorry to rant. I just got going again as the further I wrote, the more it all comes back. I hated that spell and I don't do anything to get noticed these days other than talk. I pre apologise for all my opinions here and I'll agree with damn near anything to have that monkey off my back.

I don't want others treated like so, and having seen it. It clearly happens still. So this is me using this free space to ask you guys in charge to think about the longer term of here, and the visitor, that sh*t is heavy for some. Especially me, a complete internet noob.

Scary!.

Rant over. Please don't ban me. I relish it here now I've learned the unwritten rules and found some awesome players, some I have the complete opposite opinions on what GTA:O could and should be.

Like the game, it's f*cking awesome here at times, but often brings that feeling in where it can and often does just go tits up really.

Do more to command the good use. Unlike the game does at times.

My thoughts, thanks for reading. That's the last I have to say in the negative spell I had....

Moving on...

Peace to all!.

thepiebaker

If a mod volunteers as tribute to be the Hades and/or Cerberus of that hell I'd say

I'd split it into

>general rants

>update specific rants (gunrunning, S/R, DH, drip feed, lack of whatever feature whove been teased but not given the hope of, etc)

>user created rants that creates discussion.

The reason I'd say the mod(s) need to volunteer is that no one should be forced to sift through the inevitable mountain of verbal crap that section would generate to keep the people who think bitching and moaning about jet greifers requires a 34th dedicated thread into one.

whywontyoulisten

What we really need is a forum/dumpster for all the people who post new topics to ask how to make money.