2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AWACS-SkyEye

Moving posts to subforums is dumb.

DigitalNikki

Asking what better to buy and posting how cool pump shotgun in a new topic just weird. People who know things you interested for are usually appear in specific threads related to subject, and there's better chance to find information instead of trolling. My first thought when I registered here.

No this is exactly why I don't ask anything here, and I don't post much.

Start a new thread to ask a question, and it's wrong.

Start a new thread to discuss something, and 99/100 times it's wrong.

Revive an old thread to ask a question, and it's wrong.

Revive an old thread to discuss something, and it's wrong.

Start a thread when it doesn't seem it's been discussed before, someone will spend days searching for a previous thread just to say there is a thread to merge it into, it instantly becomes a thread revival, and it's wrong.

There really isn't anything to post here that is allowed under the current system. You can't ask questions, you can't discuss anything (It's all bitch and moan under the current system), you can't use existing threads, and more.

JuniorChubb

Start a thread when it doesn't seem it's been discussed before, someone will spend days searching for a previous thread just to say there is a thread to merge it into, it instantly becomes a thread revival, and it's wrong.

:lol::lol:

Jimbatron

Sorry OP I have to disagree.

You'll find a lot of stuff on the main forum page gets pushed down and lost pretty quick. There's also quality versus quantity of discussion it gets, assuming it's moved to an appropriate place.

If it's a quality enough topic though you'll find people come back to it regardless of what section it is in.

elfoam

You'll find a lot of stuff on the main forum page gets pushed down and lost pretty quick. There's also quality versus quantity of discussion it gets, assuming it's moved to an appropriate place.

If it's a quality enough topic though you'll find people come back to it regardless of what section it is in.

All the good threads that used to be at the top of the main page got moved to sub sections and forgotten about at the same time to forum went to crap. Imho all threads should be left on the main page for several weeks, popular ones should stay there forever.

Edited by elfoam

Mach1bud

Asking what better to buy and posting how cool pump shotgun in a new topic just weird. People who know things you interested for are usually appear in specific threads related to subject, and there's better chance to find information instead of trolling. My first thought when I registered here.

There really isn't anything to post here that is allowed under the current system. You can't ask questions, you can't discuss anything (It's all bitch and moan under the current system), you can't use existing threads, and more.

To be fair, recently we have been trying to lighten up on a lot of that, seeing as the game is 4+ years old, it is time to lossen the reins a bit. That doesn't mean people can just post anything anywhere, but topics like...well this one...are ok nowadays and don't get insta-locked as much.

Legitimate topics that aren't just copy's of already established topics (like car appreciation threads, etc) should be getting left open more often nowadays.

Also, a Bugs and Glitches subforum may be a good idea. As long as people can treat it in a professional manner (without all the bitching and Cockstar talk) as a way to actually record gamebreaking glitches for Rockstar to view.

That WOULD NOT be to share things like money glitches.

RedDagger

Do you have links to any specific topics you think suffered from this? I see some things every now and then that are a bit iffy but overall it'd be easier to improve with specific examples of what was wrong :santa:

Jimbatron

All the good threads that used to be at the top of the main page got moved to sub sections and forgotten about at the same time to forum went to crap. Imho all threads should be left on the main page for several weeks, popular ones should stay there forever.

How hard is it to find them, really? Maybe if posters want a load of mindless "yeah that's cool I want that too" type responses to boost their ego they won't get as many. Any dedicated fan who's been here a while won't find it difficult to navigate around.

The state of the forum has got better in the last four years not worse. As GTA V has got older there's a higher percentage of serious fans on here, or atleast that's my perception.

2013 was an utter 5hit show IMHO. Despite the best efforts of the mods to keep order, every troll in town who bought the game piled in here. And there was a lot of them. Now thankfully a lot of that sort have moved on / been moved on.

On a side note, the fact this post has been moved has definitely satisfied my irony cravings for the day.

TankGirl

We're open to better alternatives, if it actually works.

How about coming up with something better than the b&m thread.

Why are we hiding all the issues in this game in one thread?

Maybe if we had more issue specific threads R may actually fix some of this crap if it gets enough attention.

Hiding all the issues is a horrible idea.

This game is in some serious need of fixing. Hiding the issues will never solve anything.

Everytime someone has a complaint or problem its go to the b&m thread. Thats bullsh*t.

I wouldn't mind introducing a board for that if there was enough interest from the community.

I actually think that would be a good idea. I think the B&M is filled with useful info but its hard to filter through the hundreds of replies. It would be nice to have a sub forum where people can actually post their own thread about game issues specifically.

Also as far as having subforums I actually like them. I think that they keep the board nice, clean and organized and I commend the staff for keeping up on moving threads to the proper locations because it does take up time.

TankGirl

The one thing that does drive me crazy is when someone brings up a thread from like 2 years ago when someone posts a new thread about a topic. Then at the same time if someone posts on a thread from two years ago then someone will b*tch that they are brining back a dead thread. So yeah it can be confusing and seems like no matter what someone is bound to complain but honestly I see that on many forums.

CaptainMarvel

Honestly, this forum is one of the best run joints on the web. Dealing with us idiots is not easy.

Jolly Slagman

Delete the online section - problem solved

DigitalNikki

To be fair, recently we have been trying to lighten up on a lot of that, seeing as the game is 4+ years old, it is time to lossen the reins a bit. That doesn't mean people can just post anything anywhere, but topics like...well this one...are ok nowadays and don't get insta-locked as much.

Legitimate topics that aren't just copy's of already established topics (like car appreciation threads, etc) should be getting left open more often nowadays.

Also, a Bugs and Glitches subforum may be a good idea. As long as people can treat it in a professional manner (without all the bitching and Cockstar talk) as a way to actually record gamebreaking glitches for Rockstar to view.

That WOULD NOT be to share things like money glitches.

That's good, but it has still driven people away from the site. I've been making good progress on my project that is a different take on a white-listing IPs, but I don't have plans to release or share it here. It's not worth the risk to me. If I stop using a website I would rather it be because I choose to than because I got banned for something stupid like my opinion being unpopular.

Maybe I'm the only player that hasn't used a glitch, mod, or cheat to earn money. The only thing I did that would count as a glitch was remove the fenders on my Hotknife, and the bed from my Rat Loader. They don't effect game play. I have about 3300 hours in game so it's not like I haven't had a chance, I just choose not to.

Do you have links to any specific topics you think suffered from this? I see some things every now and then that are a bit iffy but overall it'd be easier to improve with specific examples of what was wrong :santa:

Nope I gave up on making threads and sharing stuff a long time ago, and I most of the time I only look here a once a week or less.

I can't prove it very well, but it wouldn't matter if I could. It's probably been changed anyway. It used to be that Social Club didn't store if a value was imperial or metric. You could see this on Social Club, and in game. When I mentioned it I got in trouble for it because it was an unpopular idea. Just like it's not a very popular idea that Rockstar listens to players. Like it or not, this is about the last place I go to to find information on GTA or ask questions about it. I also delete 99% of my posts before I post them.

Edited by aDigitalPhantom

Mach1bud

You aren't going to get banned for creating topics with good intentions or for having an unpopular view, that isn't how things work here.

Even if the topic/post gets locked, moved, deleted, or whatever, as long as you aren't deliberately trying to stir some sh*t up you will be fine.

I have had my share of posts removed and topics locked in the past as well.

Fourbeefclover

Agreed this site isn't useful anymore. You can't even have a conversation with the way "the rules" are members break them all the time yet new members are walking on egg shells on thin ice. Even if you report what's against the rules you'll end up banned. Don't even believe when they say their "trying to lighten things up" yeah right. Been on this forum since 2004. This is absolutely the worst I've seen it. They ban people they don't like or agree with 24/7 that hasn't changed. Not much of a forum if every mod controls what is exactly said either. People that run this forum only want their "in crowd club" in and no one else that's obvious. You don't even have to start any stuff with anyone instantly banned with 1000 points for no reason. Honestly get more Intel on gta from YouTube comments than this forum.

uNi

Agreed this site isn't useful anymore. You can't even have a conversation with the way "the rules" are members break them all the time yet new members are walking on egg shells on thin ice. Even if you report what's against the rules you'll end up banned. Don't even believe when they say their "trying to lighten things up" yeah right. Been on this forum since 2004. This is absolutely the worst I've seen it. They ban people they don't like or agree with 24/7 that hasn't changed. Not much of a forum if every mod controls what is exactly said either. People that run this forum only want their "in crowd club" in and no one else that's obvious. You don't even have to start any stuff with anyone instantly banned with 1000 points for no reason. Honestly get more Intel on gta from YouTube comments than this forum.

"From nothing":

http://gtaforums.com/user/1110910-mach2buttclowns/

http://gtaforums.com/user/1110880-mach2buttholezzz/

http://gtaforums.com/user/1110902-fukaru-clock-smugglers/

http://gtaforums.com/user/1110890-fukaru-koc-o-popsiii/

http://gtaforums.com/user/1110576-lordyxenupop/

http://gtaforums.com/user/1093149-rockstar-employee/

Fourbeefclover

Then they claim someone is someone as they have any proof that person is that person while using the internet. Plain and simple this forum hasn't matured in almost two decades not worth anyone's time anymore. This is the "in-crowd gtaforums"

Edited by Fourbeefclover

Halal Cyborg

When I saw this was moved it made my day 😂

CaptainMarvel

Delete the online section - problem solved

Simple and effective.

SMACKED!

this is such an organized post with such a unorganized idea