Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,018 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Xiomn

Is my game corrupted?

Question

Xiomn

I only downloaded the game yesterday.

Went swimmingly all the way up until I got to the Jewelry store prior to the first Story Mode heist mission.

After the mission when you take pictures of camera etc and choose who you want for the heist.

First I chose the smart option and later got a text message off of Lester telling me about the bug truck we needed to steal down over at the docks. There was, however, no marker on the map after receiving this text message.

Time went by to no avail.

I then reloaded a previous, different, save. I redid the mission, this time opting for the rush as opposed to smart approach. Again I received a message from Lester telling me about the police truck to obtain the weapons from which is on its way to Palamino Avenue on the map. There was, again, no marker on the map displaying the location of said objective. (I believe there is supposed to be a (H) icon or something on the map.

I switched to Franklin, and received a text message from Michael saying he just needs to tie up one loose end (i.e the weapons truck as talked about above), before the heist can begin.

I then switched back to Michael to a message saying the police truck is no longer there so I'd have to wait a few hours.

Hours/days have went by to no success.

Reloaded/restarted multiple times.

Replayed the mission multiple times.

No map marker for the objective ever appears on the map

Do I have to start over?

4 answers to this question

Xiomn
Posted (edited)

I scoured Google like mad and found lots of forums of people with the exact same problem, no one came to a solution and it seems like the people concerned had to eventually give up and re-start their game from scratch.

Being determined that I am, I decided to look up a walkthrough video on Youtube of someone doing the mission, pinpoint their location on the map in-game via the Youtube video at which they encountered the LCPD tactical veichle you're supposed to steal (Because my game has bugged out and is NOT showing a (Hs) icon at all.

By sheer luck, the tactical car seems to default to the same spawn position in each individual's game, so I went to that location as saw in Youtube video and saw the Swat vehicle, thereby FORCING the mission to update to the next stage, bypassing the bug.

I wasted a good few hours trying to solve this mind you through replaying missions and reloading and whatnot which is disappointing but at least I didn't have to restart the whole game. Seems like this bug, by searching forums and their respective release dates, has been around since release date and still persists for many people currently.

For anyone who has the same problem with an objective (Hs) icon not appearing, you want to hover around the North West Ammunitions icon or thereabouts, you should hear some police sirens as a sign you're in the right direction, hover around the block nearabouts for a bit until you encounter it.

Edited by Xiomn

Penguin Bob

Hmmm, you might have to start over. It's the first heist in the storyline right? You will get to that maybe sooner or later.

Xiomn
Posted (edited)

Encountered the same problem again after completing the mission 'Nervous Ron' while playing Trevor.

I had two options available to me prior to completing the Nervous Ron mission:

(T) - Nervous Ron

© - The Chinese mission over at Yellow inn.

After completing the Nervous Ron mission the C on the map to start the Trevor Industries quest completely vanished from the map. The only way I was able to progress to the story was Googling the location of the Yellow Inn and walking into it to trigger the quest start.

This is the 2nd time this sort of bug has happened now. I have created new, separate saves, but alas it is still happening.

Edited by Xiomn

Smokewood

Encountered the same problem again after completing the mission 'Nervous Ron' while playing Trevor.

I had two options available to me prior to completing the Nervous Ron mission:

(T) - Nervous Ron

© - The Chinese mission over at Yellow inn.

After completing the Nervous Ron mission the C on the map to start the Trevor Industries quest completely vanished from the map. The only way I was able to progress to the story was Googling the location of the Yellow Inn and walking into it to trigger the quest start.

This is the 2nd time this sort of bug has happened now. I have created new, separate saves, but alas it is still happening.

Have you put in a trouble ticket with Rockstar?

Same thing happened to me on the jewelry heist. I picked the smart way, and chose my crew members, and at that point no more mission icons.

Michael's face on the wheel says he has 2 missions but there is nothing on the map for him.

I tried all day yesterday to resolve and finally gave up and deleted my save file to start over again today after work.

EDIT:

Just got this bug again only this time it is on the 3rd mission in the game.

Last night I deleted my saved file and started over.

I played through the first 2 missions.

First is the bank robbery 9 years ago, then Franklin and Lamar repo the two cars and take to the dealership.

That mission ends at Franklin's house.

After a few minutes you are supposed to get a call from the dealership to go back up there and get told you are the employee of the month.

Well before I got the call I saved the game and then turned off my xbox and went to bed.

Woke up today, went to work, came home and loaded the saved game.... no call from Siemon.

I have walked to the barber shop and got a cut and walked back.

Went to bed, changed cloths, smoked weed, watched TV... no call.

Franklin has a 1 on his face on the character wheel but there is no S on the map for the next mission.

I'm going to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Edited by Smokewood