Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,082 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Colonel _Cortez

GTA 6 in the new VR-Universe

Colonel _Cortez

Since VR is becoming big recently, could you imagine GTA 6 being a VR game?

Ronald Reagan

Umm.. does it become big? From what I've heard it has failed.

Anyways, yes, of course. Why not?

RedDagger

VR is still easily in the infancy stage and simply can't be slapped on to existing games/franchises for a multitude of reasons. For GTA 6 to be VR would require it to be released ages away, so I'd save any VR optimism for a spin off or GTA 7 personally.

Jimmy Darmody

VR is still easily in the infancy stage and simply can't be slapped on to existing games/franchises for a multitude of reasons. For GTA 6 to be VR would require it to be released ages away, so I'd save any VR optimism for a spin off or GTA 7 personally.

I agree, but who knows. GTA 6 is indeed ages away, they haven't even started working on it apart from actually stating publicaly that they have the intention to make it. Maybe by the time GTA 6 comes out VR is going to be something decent. Or maybe GTA is the game that is going to bring VR itself a step further, they don't f*ck arround when it comes to ambition and making games.

universetwisters

Nobody will take it seriously. Look at LA Noire.

Thefames

I hope after Read Dead redemption 2 *R start talking about next Grand Theft Auto 6, Vice City 2, New City whatever it called. It time for GTA Game GTA5 is boring now

RedDagger

I agree, but who knows. GTA 6 is indeed ages away, they haven't even started working on it apart from actually stating publicaly that they have the intention to make it. Maybe by the time GTA 6 comes out VR is going to be something decent. Or maybe GTA is the game that is going to bring VR itself a step further, they don't f*ck arround when it comes to ambition and making games.

Eh, we still have a ways to go in terms of hardware, I can only see a game like GTA being given a proper VR implementation when the actual hardware itself is at a more complete level - right now it still feels like it's in the early adopter stage imo.

R4gN0r0K

I doubt it will be soon on VR. i had a Oculus DK2 to play around with, and it's a really nice thing but you can't game only on VR. after a while you just don't want to anymore.

also VR sets are still a pricy thing. you need a higher-end rig to just meet the minimum requirements, and then spend 6-800 for the VR kit. I can't imagine R* going that far to make GTA playable for both VR users and non-VR users when the VR users are just a small part of the playerbase

The7thOne

This again?

We don't need a new universe - plain and simple. HD is fine the way it is, why does everyone want to undo the last 10 years of progress like it's nothing? It's silly. Do we really want to have the 3D vs HD argument again? Especially for a fad such as VR... That would be incredibly wasteful to just erase all of that work for something new, that isn't even guaranteed to stay relevant.

As for if there'll be a VR spin-off... possibly, in the same vein as LA Noire VR. I couldn't imagine a game based entirely around VR being fun though. Make it optional, not the core of the game's design. If VR continues to be a hit it's possible, but I don't think they're that stupid.

ProKiller93

i hope not vr is stupid

MARKUS.

Cannot wait for GTASeriesVideos VR walkthrough if it's going to be like LA NOIRE one :lol:

Zello

Vice City 2

Vice City stories says hi

HeavyDuke

i hope not vr is stupid

Same here, i dislike it.

Vice City 2

Vice City stories says hi

Same city, just like lcs was just gta3 with a couple of small changes. A new Vice City with updated driving physics and damage models could be awesome. Then again if its such a shi*fest like this game with its sh*tty damage models and driving physics they might as wel stick it somewhere nobody will ever see it. the GTA3/VC/SA Erra had better driving physics and damge models then GTA V. thats why GTA V felt outdated even on release.

OysterBarron

If rockstar did a fully fleshed out vr game that hasn't just had vr mechanics bolted onto the top of it then it would most deffently sell the hardware needed in order to play it I can guarantee you that. But in answer to the original posters question I don't see GTA6 being a vr only title as much as I would love it to be. Who knows though they All ready added first person mode and rockstar are well known for trying to push the boundaries of ways to tell story's in video games so I don't think I could completely say with confidence that they won't do am exclusive vr game because logically VR is the next step in that path to full immersion within a game.

Shadowfennekin

f*ck VR

The system is ridiculously expensive and offers little games.

I don't see a full blown VR game even being that long at all to enjoy or even have a good story. And it wouldn't be too successful either

And why toss out the HD universe when it's only had two installments? There's so much to be done, like VIce City HD

I don't get this VR fascination at all, I think it's f*cking dumb. If a game's story is good, you can easily see yourself in the protagonist's shoes, feeling betrayed when Dmitri betrays you for instance and feeling that satisfaction when you put a bullet in him. And I'm terrified of heights, I wouldn't be able to do plane and helicopter stuff.... or go up buildings or tall mountains.

Journey_95

Stop trying to make VR happen..it sucks.

Algonquin Assassin

I wouldn't mind it if it wasn't required and only used for experimenting, but I don't want the entire game to require VR. For instance I was going to get the prequel to Until Dawn on the PS4 The Inpatient, but as soon as I found out t's entirely VR it left me disappointed as it looks really cool otherwise.

It's like games that are multiplayer only. It just turns me off them. Admittedly I've wondered what VR would be like in a GTA game as I liked the addition of first person in GTA V, but if it's a forced requirement for the whole game no thanks.

Mr_Rager

I think it'd be interesting to test converting IV or some already existing game with outdated graphics to VR.

Sleepwalking

I hate multiple universe bullsh*t.

You introduce some badass characters in a game, but then suddenly left all of them out in next game because it is a new universe.

That's bullsh*t.

RetroMystic

You introduce some badass characters in a game, but then suddenly left all of them out in next game because it is a new universe.

That's bullsh*t.

Would you rather have the HD or any subsequent universe ruin the legacy of a character like Tommy Vercetti because R* had to throw in their edgy joke/shock scene? While it may be a disappointing concept at face value, thematically creating multiple universes is a good thing as not only does it keep the 3D and beyond era characters timeless, but it stops R*, be it accidentally or on purpose, ruining a character or retconing something.

Off the top of my head Johnny in V and what happened to him immediately comes to mind as an example of what Rockstar would do to a characters legacy.

Sleepwalking

That's bullsh*t.

Would you rather have the HD or any subsequent universe ruin the legacy of a character like Tommy Vercetti because R* had to throw in their edgy joke/shock scene? While it may be a disappointing concept at face value, thematically creating multiple universes is a good thing as not only does it keep the 3D and beyond era characters timeless, but it stops R*, be it accidentally or on purpose, ruining a character or retconing something.

Off the top of my head Johnny in V and what happened to him immediately comes to mind as an example of what Rockstar would do to a characters legacy.

Rockstar being completely asshole about Johnny K doesn't make multiple universe logical.

They did a good job with Catalina & Claude before, they can do the same.

ArmyRaidFail404

VR is a nice thing and all, but its really a f*cking pain in the arse when push comes to shove. Quite frankly, a playerbase as huge as the GTA playerbase would not accept it. The expense of a VR headset alone costs you about half the playerbase, especially as it becomes saturated with the "children of Online". Then there is the PC specs to make it happen, or the entirely new consoles that nobody needs. But even if you could guarantee everyone a reliable VR setup, imagine how a game like GTA would even work in VR. The best, i repeat ​THE ABSOLUTE BEST ​that VR has to offer in a game like GTA is close to ​Project CARS Vr ​ or ​Hotdogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades ​which if you know those games can never reach what GTA can do.

​The most I ever see VR coming into GTA would be maybe a driving simulator in Liberty City or GTA V's San Andreas. But that's boring. If I buy GTA I want to be able to do all the things GTA would allow me to, not be a glorified street view.

As such GTA can never be implemented to VR. Period.

Lord Tommy

That sounds amazing, I can't wait. There really aren't enough VR games.

pete1499

That sounds amazing, I can't wait. There really aren't enough VR games.

The ones that exist are really cool tho, i played the GTA 5 VR mod on the pc, it was pretty cool. altho some glitches happened.

It wasnt a flawless experience. Lets hope in the next GTA this will be proper.

*nerdgasm*

Hikikomori-Yume

GTA VI will be the final mainline GTA to be made for 2D screens.

GTA VII will definitely be VR, but I don't expect that to be around for at least another four or five years so expect GTA VR around 2024 - 2027.

GTA VR will be such a game changer people will laugh when they look back at 3D GTA the way we do when we think of GTA and GTA 2.

This is going to be the greatest thing in the world for me next to a proper Silent Hill vr game (made by Team Silent, similar feeling to SH3).

I can't wait to live out my murderous fantasies shooting people down, playing with their bodies etc I will also spend lots of time walking around the city immersing myself.

Hikikomori-Yume

Wow lots of shortsighted idiots in this thread.

It's not 2013 - 2015 anymore, referring to VR as a fad or gimmick is just ignorant.

VR, AR and mixed reality are going to be everything.