Jump to content
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Drug Wars
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. Bugs*
      2. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Forum Support

    3. Suggestions

Harddest and easiest gta game?


Gian_Yagami
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hardest: GTA Advance 

Easiest: GTA 5

Edited by Tommy1233
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hardest I've played - GTA 1. You die in one hit if you don't have armour, and there's no Ammunation to buy armour or weapons, you have to find them. Also the fact that you can't save in between jobs, as well as the tank controls when on foot. I've heard London 1961 is harder though.

 

Edit: I've since beaten GTA 1, London 1969 and London 1961, so I'll revise my above statement. Hardest is London 1961, no question about it. Even though it's only got seven missions, five of them have extremely difficult time limits, such that heavy traffic can cause you to lose. Also, to add the hardest 3D game, for me it's GTA III.

 

Easiest I've played - GTA Advance only has one really hard mission (Smackdown). The rest can be beaten fairly easily. LCS and VCS were also pretty easy.

Edited by jm-9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hardest:

GTA III - whether this game was such a bitch because I was young or because of some of the ridiculous missions or controls I don't know.

 

Easiest:

V - everything has already been said about why.

SA - including this as V is such an obvious answer I wanted to include a 3D game. Both III and VC gave me some trouble with a handful of the missions, whereas I found SA to be a breeze compared to them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Big Fat Paulie

Hardest for me would be IV due to the sensitive driving mechanics

 

Easiest would be Liberty City Stories

 

I've not played any of the 2D Era games, so I can't comment on them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The hardest thing I've ever experienced in any GTA game was getting all gold medals in Chinatown Wars. The time requirements for gold on story missions basically require you to break the conventions of the game and make use of unorthodox shortcuts and exploits. I spent a week replaying missions over and over to get gold on every one. Compared to how easy the game itself is and how easy the gold medals in RDR and V are it was a surprise. 

 

In terms of basic design the 2D games are the hardest. Advance is generally easier than 1, London, and 2 but some of the rampages are insane. I don't find III hard at all but the primitive 3D engine and clunky controls probably throw people who aren't used to it off.

 

San Andreas and V are tied for being the most piss easy games in the series. The only thing hard about those games is trying to find where they hid all the quality content. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Algonquin Assassin
8 minutes ago, KGBeast said:

San Andreas and V are tied for being the most piss easy games in the series. The only thing hard about those games is trying to find where they hid all the quality content. 

:lol:

 

It's a shame we can only give one like per post because this deserves more than one simply because it speaks the truth. Well done sir.

  • Like 1
  • Bruh 1

Boardwalk Empire Episode 2.1 Review - That Shelf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheSantader25

Basically each release was easier than the previous one. This means III is the hardest and V is the easiest. Though I haven't played the top down ones. 

 

III>VC>SA>LCS=VCS>IV>V

Edited by TheSantader25
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Legomanarthur

Hardest: Vice City Stories on PSP.

 

Easiest: GTA IV (I wanted to say GTA V but since I have failed so many missions because of how scripted they are I guess it is a slightly more difficult game)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hardest: Vice City Stories (PSP) was surprisingly challenging. I can't really judge the top-down ones though.

Easiest: GTA V, I wouldn't count some ridiculous fail states as a genuine challenge (e.g. leaving the main road in Ludendorff...). GTA IV comes second to me.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
ChengizVlad09

2D and 3D games have that old school appeal, where it was important for a game to have some form of a challenge in order to draw players attention and developers knew that back then. These games aren't based on their dufficulty, far from it, and 2D ones were even trickier because of bird's eye view - techical sense though - which I personally never liked, but it has its charms.

HDU games are child's play, despite being more serious in tone. Honestly, every AAA game developer seems frightened to incorporate any kind of challenge or skill based gameplay, since that doesn't go along with microtransactions. It's all about instant gratification. Who has time to spend few days (or hours, even worse) figuring out how something works. Shame.

Edited by ChengizVlad09
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hardest - I'm actually going with GTA 2 here, each mission will take me several attempts and I don't know if I'm just bad or something but I have a really difficult time with this game

Easiest - Vice City. All the missions are extremely easy but still fun to play, although the only mission I find difficult is the RC one - only because I find it difficult to get through because it's boring as hell 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

José_Sócrates

Hardest - GTA London 1961, it's not even a question.

 

Easiest - GTA V, I think features like superpowers, mission skips, and regen make it objectively the easiest.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

hardest: gta online, i was surprised this game has even more hardcore shootouts than gta 3 and liberty stories and most missions have long shootouts.

easiest: gta san andreas, for some reason this game was too easy after gta 3 and vice city. i believe it is because it really improved general movement and controls

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Easiest: GTA V due to it's mission skip feature

GTA IV is pretty easy, due to a large number of driving missions and small number of enemies on shooting missions. I actually got stuck on The Snow Storm mission, because I didn't know that there's a boat near that hospital, Hostile Negotiation is hard too, so I gave up and did that mission with cheats, and stopped playing GTA IV.

 

And hardest I think is GTA VC, since the first part (before Death Row) is really easy, but I've got stuck on escaping with Lance to the hospital, and I didn't finish that mission at all.

Edited by WatermelonPL
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

For me is this

From the hardest to eazyest

1.Gta San Andreas

2.Gta 3

3.Gta Vice City

4.Gta  4

5.Gta Liberty City Storyes

6.Gta London

7.Gta 2

8.Gta Vice City Stories

9.Gta 5

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CynicalMexican

I can't comment on the 2D games.

 

I feel GTA 3 was difficult in part out of accident. The overpowered weapons, chaotic gameplay, aggressive AI, some features not being very smooth, and so on. I still love it though.

 

VCS was quite difficult from what I remember, need to replay again.

 

GTA V is easy because of health regen, auto aim, nerfed enemy health, and mission skip. The cemetery mission was f*cking hard though.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NightmanCometh96
On 7/28/2021 at 5:40 PM, CynicalMexican said:

VCS was quite difficult from what I remember, need to replay again.

I find VCS to be the most "legitimately" difficult game in the series (at least in terms of games with the modern GTA formula). You could argue that III and (to some extent) the original VC are more difficult, but I find that the challenge there is fighting with the clunkier mechanics and weaker/easier to roll over vehicles compared to SA and the Stories games. That said, Unfriendly Competition (the one with the bikini shootout at the pool) is one of the most frustrating missions out of any GTA game; even after completing Air Rescue/Vigilante to get bonus health and armor respectively, this is the only mission in the series that always takes me multiple attempts to beat.

Edited by NightmanCometh96
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CynicalMexican
On 7/28/2021 at 6:28 PM, NightmanCometh96 said:

I find VCS to be the most "legitimately" difficult game in the series (at least in terms of games with the modern GTA formula). You could argue that III and (to some extent) the original VC are more difficult, but I find that the challenge there is fighting with the clunkier mechanics and weaker/easier to roll over vehicles compared to SA and the Stories games. That said, Unfriendly Competition (the one with the bikini shootout at the pool) is one of the most frustrating missions out of any GTA game; even after completing Air Rescue/Vigilante to get bonus health and armor respectively, this is the only mission in the series that always takes me multiple attempts to beat.

That mission came to my mind reading this thread. Literally just a sitting duck in the middle ready to get shot. 

  • Like 2
  • YEE 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

billiejoearmstrong8
On 7/28/2021 at 10:40 PM, CynicalMexican said:

I can't comment on the 2D games.

 

I feel GTA 3 was difficult in part out of accident. The overpowered weapons, chaotic gameplay, aggressive AI, some features not being very smooth, and so on. I still love it though.

 

VCS was quite difficult from what I remember, need to replay again.

 

GTA V is easy because of health regen, auto aim, nerfed enemy health, and mission skip. The cemetery mission was f*cking hard though.

 

I remember trying to get the accuracy objective for that mission was really hard.

 

I think in general GTA V missions only become hard when trying for medal objectives, or if you decide to rush or not stay in cover for whatever other reason. If you stay in cover a lot and take your time it's very easy. The checkpoint system alone already automatically makes it way easier and means you're never under nearly as much pressure (again unless going for objectives where failing sections messes them up) than in any of the other games even without the other stuff. I'm glad the medals are included to add some difficulty, pressure and variation when replaying missions.

 

Hardest to easiest (of ones I've played and can remember well enough to rank)

 

GTA III

Vice City

San Andreas 

GTA IV

GTA V

 

They've just got progressively easier lol. Although I'm not quite sure which is harder between VC and SA - SA has some side missions that are the hardest missions in the entire series, but VC main missions and gameplay in general is harder so I think it wins. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While San Andreas had the odd mission like Freefall and Supply lines that were quite frustrating, imo GTA IV was generally the harder game story wise, felt like I died in shootouts or messed up chases more often in this game. 

  • Like 2
  • YEE 1

    JP0cYXG_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Algonquin Assassin
On 7/30/2021 at 3:44 PM, Wayne Kerr said:

While San Andreas had the odd mission like Freefall and Supply lines that were quite frustrating, imo GTA IV was generally the harder game story wise, felt like I died in shootouts or messed up chases more often in this game. 


Git Gud son.😛

 

But seriously I don’t think GTA IV is that hard lol.
 

Normally I mess up every now and then, but it’s not really a “frustrating” kind of experience. Not the game’s fault, but my fault for being such a bloody n00b (and I’m not a n00b). 
 

It has a very consistent difficulty curve IMO. In shootouts going in all guns blazing isn’t a very good strategy from my experience so you either have to get used to using cover or crouching since the enemies are much smarter than the 3D era counterparts and use a semblance of tactics.

 

If it wasn’t for cover and crouching it would be so much harder since Niko doesn’t soak up bullets like a sponge.

 

  • Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Boardwalk Empire Episode 2.1 Review - That Shelf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2021 at 11:44 AM, MiamiViceCity1986 said:

It has a very consistent difficulty curve IMO. In shootouts going in all guns blazing isn’t a very good strategy from my experience so you either have to get used to using cover or crouching since the enemies are much smarter than the 3D era counterparts and use a semblance of tactics.

This is what makes it fun for me, the difficulty is not in some annoying flying missions or time limit missions but more in that the shootouts are a bit trickier cause you sometimes got to be patient and cover yourself rather than going all John Rambo which doesn't end well for me most of the time, and also Niko like you said won't take too many hits. 

 

It's why I love the shootouts in this game it almost seems like a contest lol, apart from the nice shooting mechanics. I didn't mean it in a disparaging way when I said IV is harder than San Andreas btw, though I think the final mission in IV is beyond frustrating (though I don't see others mention it so maybe is just me lol) especially the boat chase and controlling the heli, there should have been a checkpoint before this chase imo. 

  • Like 3

    JP0cYXG_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Algonquin Assassin
On 7/30/2021 at 4:25 PM, Wayne Kerr said:

This is what makes it fun for me, the difficulty is not in some annoying flying missions or time limit missions but more in that the shootouts are a bit trickier cause you sometimes got to be patient and cover yourself rather than going all John Rambo which doesn't end well for me most of the time, and also Niko like you said won't take too many hits. 

 

It's why I love the shootouts in this game it almost seems like a contest lol, apart from the nice shooting mechanics. I didn't mean it in a disparaging way when I said IV is harder than San Andreas btw, though I think the final mission in IV is beyond frustrating (though I don't see others mention it so maybe is just me lol) especially the boat chase and controlling the heli, there should have been a checkpoint before this chase imo. 


Not disparaging. In fact it’s refreshing to see someone say it’s hard lol. Most people have it in their heads that the HD era GTAs are “kid” like games.

 

I just think with each game they become more forgiving as mechanics improve. Though GTA V does employ some aids like the partial regeneration that does make it artificially easier I guess.

 

Anyway I agree that GTA IV’s end game is its hardest, but I don’t mind because by this point I’m ready to wreck sh*t up.😛

  • Like 2
  • Best Bru 1

Boardwalk Empire Episode 2.1 Review - That Shelf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

billiejoearmstrong8

Am I the only one who found the San Andreas mission Interdiction very difficult? I've never seen it mentioned but I was so bad at shooting down those helicopters. There's a lot of tricky things in San Andreas where you're under heavy pressure to do something skilled very fast. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Easiest game is GTA V if you mastered 3D era, it will be like piece of cake like for me.

 

Hardest gta 3, you need serious plan to archieve 100% without any obstacles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.