3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Lennart -

GTA TLaD - Starter Save Discussion

Lennart -
Posted (edited)

The maximum %age that can be acquired before completing "Angels in America" is 16.06%.
To achieve this, the following tasks have to be done:

1. Kill 50 Seagulls
2. Win a game of:
●Airhockey
●Dart
●Pool
●Arm Wrestling
3. Bring your friends to every activity
●Those mentioned in 2. (can be performed with your friends thus saving time for not doing them twice)
●Strip Club
●Show
●Drinking
●Eating

If you're stuck at 11.06%, just save your game and then see which friend activity(/ies) push your %age to 16.06

Shooting all Seagulls will make an Innovation spawn at your safehouse.

For the special vehicle collectors, obtain the EC Crimson and Yellow Diabolus from Clean and Serene by removing the two useless bikes. The first bike available to obtain requires a mission failure and is obtainable later on anyways. Obtaining it later avoids the +1 attempt on future saves. About the Diabolus, it is obtainable later on as well but this is the best and easiest way to do this.

If anyone plays on PS3, my save can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17Kwb8ryXHo7ARR2A9u1yWxUEiLTCl1Uv/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Several People

SpriteFan274
Posted (edited)

For the Strip Club Friend Activity, you just enter the Strip Club with a Friend and exit it, no need to buy anything. For the Show, you don't need to watch it, you can skip the Cutscene anyways.

The EC Crimson and Yellow Diabolus can be obtained with Pass from Clean and Serene, meanwhile the EC Magenta Diabolus (which doesn't even work on some Versions of TLaD) needs a Failure, though it's best to get the Magenta one from the 2nd opportunity. Obtaining the EC Crimson and Yellow Diabolus from Clean and Serene won't affect the Stats... Though you can also get the Crimson and Yellow one later on with Pass, so no need to get any Special Vehicles in a Starter Save.

Also, this Stuff has been already discussed before: http://gtaforums.com/topic/866762-what-did-you-do-in-gta-iv-today/?p=1069106005

Edited by SpriteFan274

Lennart -

For me, just entering, as I was told to do, didn't work and the activity was only completed after I had bought a dance.

The Show had a similar problem, it just got stuck and I had to quit but again, that didn't count.

My first airhockey round was strange as well, I could equip my weapon during the game.

It isn't my fault that these post are posted in the GTA IV topic, not in EFLC. I looked for every starter save mention to see if a post like this already exists.

(How did I find out about the show and strip club thing? Well, I saved, did them in the strip club - show order, then reloaded my save and changed the order.)

Lethal Vaccine

For the Strip Club Friend Activity, you just enter the Strip Club with a Friend and exit it, no need to buy anything. For the Show, you don't need to watch it, you can skip the Cutscene anyways.

The EC Crimson and Yellow Diabolus can be obtained with Pass from Clean and Serene, meanwhile the EC Magenta Diabolus (which doesn't even work on some Versions of TLaD) needs a Failure, though it's best to get the Magenta one from the 2nd opportunity. Obtaining the EC Crimson and Yellow Diabolus from Clean and Serene won't affect the Stats... Though you can also get the Crimson and Yellow one later on with Pass, so no need to get any Special Vehicles in a Starter Save.

Also, this Stuff has been already discussed before: http://gtaforums.com/topic/866762-what-did-you-do-in-gta-iv-today/?p=1069106005

Exactly. You'll see when I record the Stats to my Starter Save in TLaD how "Money Given to Tramps/Prostitutes" will be $0.00 in the Starter Save as will most of the Stats since it's only the beginning of the game and barely anything done with. You don't have to buy any dance at all. You just walk into the Strip Club with a Friend and stand there and wait for the message saying "Go see your friend when you're ready to leave" or something to come up, then you walk up to them and leave. It can't be any easier. Some Ho's will walk up to you and ask you for a dance or some nonsense, but you don't need to do that at all, you can just walk away after they say the dialog...

And yeah, no need for any Special Vehicles in TLaD/TBoGT Starter Saves. Not even IV (unless you want 1 Failure + 1 Death in the Stats for the Unique/EC FULL BLACK Roman's Taxi). That EC Diabolus comes up later on for another opportunity and can pass to get it, as well. Plus, Bikes "move" in the Parking Spaces when they are loaded into the Game World thus risking losing it in the Starter Save in the end, anyways, lol...

Yeah, I have a bunch of good information scattered around many random Topics on the Forum. I just never thought it was necessary to make individual Topics since such information isn't valuable to most people as most people don't do Starter Saves. Either way, when I show all the Stat Videos for the Starter Saves in 9 GTA's on PS2/3, I will put in the Description of each one what can be done in the Starter Saves for these 9 GTA's...