Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,696 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

djb204

Redemption2: Interiors in all buildings?

djb204
Posted (edited)

With Redemption2, I think its quite possible for every building in the map to have interiors. Unlike GTA, Red Dead is 95% wilderness. The amount of buildings in RDR2 will be nothing compared to a GTA map, and with the power of Of PS4, Xbox One, and possibly PC, I dont see why any building in the map wouldnt have an accessible interior. Redemption1 did have a handful of buildings that were just exterior models with no interior access, but that was on the Xbox 360 and PS3. Redemption2 being on next gen consoles and modern day PCs shouldn't have that problem, especially with the map not being too much bigger the Redemption1. Redemption2s world would be 1000 times more immersive if there were no off limits areas aside from the world map boundaries. Thoughts?

Edited by djb204

Efreet

Except for Redemption's Blackwater, almost every building around the map was enterable with a unique interior. I expect the same situation in Redemption II.

djb204

Except for Redemption's Blackwater, almost every building around the map was enterable with a unique interior. I expect the same situation in Redemption II.

I hope so. The one thing I really appreciated in Redemption1 was entering and exiting buildings was instant with no loading screens. Though I wouldnt mind loading screens at all if Rockstar were to expand on interiors like they did with GTA Online. Adding new places via DLC (always keeping thing fresh).

Safari

Im certain we will be seeing interiors as the map for RDR2 is much smaller and as you said more wilderness meaning they can put specific detail into each exterior as the map won't be filled with exteriors unlike GTAV. If they could do it for last gen I'm 100% sure they can do it for next gen.

DexMacLeod

Being able to go into any building would be cool but I hope there's some consequences for some of them. For example, you shouldn't be able to go behind the counter or into the backroom without the shopkeeper getting upset and ranchers should be weary of you poking around their property at all let alone entering their homes.

ivarblaauw
Posted (edited)

I expect at the very least the same amount of percent of enterable buildings in Red Dead Redemption 2 as in Mafia 3. The way Mafia 3 handled enterable buildings was a realistic amount and enough to make it feel like you had all the freedom in the world.

If Red Dead Redemption 2 has the same amount I would be okay with that. However, I do think that all shacks and cabins in the wild should be 100% enterable, as these should be used as "rest points". Just that little moment to escape the dangers of the outside world.

Being able to go into any building would be cool but I hope there's some consequences for some of them. For example, you shouldn't be able to go behind the counter or into the backroom without the shopkeeper getting upset and ranchers should be weary of you poking around their property at all let alone entering their homes.

Also look at Mafia 3's system. If you went behind the counter or to places you shouldn't be, you got a few warnings before the law went after you. Really nice system they have there.

Edited by ivarblaauw

DexMacLeod

Yeah, Mafia 3 is kinda what I had in mind. They did that really well. Rockstar's version of it though would probly be to have the NPCs just suddenly open fire on you the second you stepped somewhere you shouldn't. Like, you could go to the Sheriff's office, walk into an empty jail cell with your weapon holstered and they'd still just mow you down.

Zello

The only problem with interiors in Mafia 3 was that we couldn't really do anything in them. If RDR2 has a lot of interiors I want lots of stores and activities.

Rockstar Vienna

Probably won't happen but Rockstar really needs to give us a bigger amount of accessible buildings this time. Should not be a big problem in a game with almost no buildings compared to GTA V for example. That was actually one of the biggest letdowns in Rockstar's games so far imo. Especially GTA V was really disappointing in that regard. Like already mentioned... Mafia did a good job here. AC Origins too.

Reno_

One can hope. I would love a random building in some town that could be entirely destroyed. Maybe only a few in the whole game. If that was to happen and we got hardcore no blip online sessions, I'd lure a player inside and and blow it up with dynomite with him inside.

MARKUS.

What do you have a PS10? Just think how many resources it would demand being an open world game.

Rockstar Vienna

What do you have a PS10? Just think how many resources it would demand being an open world game.

Like I said, I don't expect interiors in every building but that's an exaggeration! You don't need a "PS10" (or even the upcoming console generation) for lots of accessible buildings with interior in a game like Red Dead. It was already mentioned here... RDR2 will be pretty much empty (or let's better say it'll have a relatively low amount of different textures/objects) for the most part. The whole world of RDR2 will have a few dozen different buildings or so. It's a differnet story with Los Santos or San Francisco from Watch Dogs 2. Here the most resource demanding thing In addition to tons of buildings and more NPCs is probably the traffic with all the cars and motorcycles driving around, something we don't have in Red Dead too.

For a better immersion I hope that we'll be able to enter every saloon, general store, church, train station, doctor's office, brothel etc... So at least the important buildings in a town plus a few apartments/motels here and there and a few shacks in the wilderness. I'd be happy with that.

SofaKingWet

If all the buildings were accessible, and no painted on doors that lead to no-where, that battle royale mode leak would make more sense

djb204

Its a western world with small towns etc. It wont have a hundred plus buildings per settlement, this isnt GTA. Interiors in every building is possible. State Of Decay did it and they aint remotely close to Rockstars level.

MARKUS.

I guess you are right! Thanks for the explaining guys

SherifWayne

Hell yeah my biggest complaint with GTAV was the lack of interiors. Red Dead did a fantastic job and I know they can go even further with RDR2 so here's hoping!

Nutduster

I bet the vast majority of buildings will have interiors, just like it was in RDR. There are way fewer of them and most are rather small, and the interiors more generic as well since there wasn't a lot of interior design happening in the West back then.