Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (93,102 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Danie122

What if this was GTA 4 Remastered photo?

Danie122

Remember this photo? gta 4 lc was upgraded in gta 5 graphics, really hyped for remastered edition (if happens)

5UoehXg.jpg

Davao

I really hope, they do a remastered version for the 10th anniversary of it.

DOUGL4S1
Posted (edited)

They upgraded GTA IV's graphics to closely match GTA V's to make the movie

. I'm guessing this image was from a developer messing with the graphics for that, and just tought this image would be cool for his portfolio. Edited by DOUGL4S1

Danie122

. I'm guessing this image was from a developer messing with the graphics for that, and just tought this image would be cool for his portfolio.

i dont think so

HigorSM

. I'm guessing this image was from a developer messing with the graphics for that, and just tought this image would be cool for his portfolio.

The GTA IV parts in the movie looks like just GTA IV with Icenhancer, doesn't look not even a bit like this screenshot with GTA V graphics and trees.

I really hope this is not GTA IV remastered, the last thing I want is GTA IV with GTA V graphics.

cp1dell

Yeah Meltdown just used one of the Icenhancer mods, can't remember which one though, but someone did pinpoint it based on the lens flare.

This is actually LC with updated models and shaders. You can tell by the tree models and the rocks. Very different when you compare them side by side. More than an ENB mod will do.

Legomanarthur

If they were to make a remastered version of GTA IV - which I highly doubt - I'm afraid they would screw up the physics to make them the same as GTA V's physics, that would be terrible in my opinion.

Zello

I hope not that looks terrible I don't want to see IV with V's graphics. It would be a downgrade IMO.

Devdevi45

Dont listen to the people that says its just a gta v test or whatever

Its the remastered version of GTA 4 or Map Expansion for 5

Yinepi

The GTA IV parts in the movie looks like just GTA IV with Icenhancer, doesn't look not even a bit like this screenshot with GTA V graphics and trees.

I really hope this is not GTA IV remastered, the last thing I want is GTA IV with GTA V graphics.

Graphics? How about the remaster having V physics. Way to f*ck up GTAIV that way.

HigorSM

Graphics? How about the remaster having V physics. Way to f*ck up GTAIV that way.

Rockstar would not do this, they do stupid things but they would not do something this stupid, the worse that can happen if a remaster exists, is a remaster with V graphics.

Hmmm nice bike

It would be nice if that was for a remaster of IV, and not scrapped GTA V content like I had assumed it was back when that was first leaked. Honestly, a remaster wouldn't be that bad. It's not like the entire story would change, and I doubt the physics would change at all, it'd just be a slight graphical upgrade like what the mobile versions of the III-era games got.

TheOneLibertonian
Posted (edited)

If they were to make a remastered version of GTA IV - which I highly doubt - I'm afraid they would screw up the physics to make them the same as GTA V's physics, that would be terrible in my opinion.

That would be terrible, but Rockstar wouldn't do a major enhancement to the gameplay mechanics. The only major improvements that can be plausible is the graphics. If they do remaster it, I'm only hoping if they improve the graphics, they would still maintain the atmosphere and feel of the original game.

Edited by TheOneLibertonian

confederatestatesgta

i hope it is for a remaster that would be great. but i love the gta 5 graphics on it. and for all we know the graphics might have changed since this picture. and even if they did gta 5 physics i wouldent care either. because at least we could play gta 4 again and a lot of people who started playing gta at gta 5 could experience this masterpiece. just like cod modern warefare remastered. they changed some stuff to it but it was the same game for the most part. and could you imagine how awesome it would be to play the multiplayer again free of modders again? that would be amazing. so even if it had some features from gta 5 i wouldent care. but then again im a gta 5 fan.

Gummy 

You guys seriously need to distinguish between technical graphics and art style. The art style of V obviously wouldn't suit IV but saying that giving IV graphics would be a downgrade is stupid. If R* just re-released IV with the same graphics then it's not a remaster, it's just a port. Wouldn't you want higher resolutions, better shadows, higher quality assets and all that?

Yinepi
Posted (edited)

You guys seriously need to distinguish between technical graphics and art style. The art style of V obviously wouldn't suit IV but saying that giving IV graphics would be a downgrade is stupid. If R* just re-released IV with the same graphics then it's not a remaster, it's just a port. Wouldn't you want higher resolutions, better shadows, higher quality assets and all that?

Off course people do. They just want the updated graphics and assets to fit into GTAIV's art style. GTAV has a drastically different art style than IV. For example, the textures and models of those trees in the OP image look out-of-place for always-yellow liberty city.

Edited by Yinepi

TWIST_OF_HATE
Posted (edited)

The best option in my head is just 1.0.9.0 patch release.

With some minor but useful fixes (like z-fighting fix), GFWL removal and addition of AA.

But hey, we can't expect absolutely nothing, so let's just wait ...

Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE

straightupmenace

I hope not that looks terrible I don't want to see IV with V's graphics. It would be a downgrade IMO.

how would iv with v's technical graphics be a downgrade? if anything it would look a whole lot better, and i seriously doubt they'd change the art style. they didn't change the art style for the sa remaster

cp1dell

Sort of off-topic, but realistically, what ENB mod do you guys consider a "remastered IV" without overdoing it?

Algonquin Assassin
Posted (edited)

Look at the LA Noire remaster. It uses the same graphical style the original game did only that it has higher quality textures, resolution etc. GTA IV and GTA V despite only being 5 years apart look very different even though they use the same engine.

You only have to look at the HD "remaster" of San Andreas to see that trying to make it look like something it was never supposed to be doesn't work. Character models looked like they were dipped in vaseline and the entire game world looked like a weird shiny toy set. San Andreas was never a graphical juggernaut to begin with, but it had a particular style that looked crap in HD. I don't want to see GTA IV get similar treatment if it eventuates.

All GTA IV needs is some tidying up to bring it up to current gen spec. It doesn't need its entire canvas painted over.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

Gummy 

I never said anything about making IV look different than the original game. There are a lot of art styles that rely on the graphics looking old instead of realistic and SA was one of them, and I agree about the X360 version of SA looking odd. Improving graphics does not mean it has to sway away from the original game's style. V's current gen port doesn't remove the atmosphere of the last gen version, at least not much or noticeable but even then it can be changed with a simple change in the display settings. A good next gen remaster of IV would be the jump, at least in graphics, similar to how V was brought to the next gen systems, without large changes to the atmosphere and art style. Also, a lot of remasters don't always update their graphics to maximize the power of the systems that they are going to remaster it too, like the Bioshock remasters, Resident Evil 4, etc. Maybe they couldn't be bothered to update it or too too lazy and just wanted to make a quick buck. But a lot of them is because they also need to update their assets like models and textures to better suit the better graphical settings. This wouldn't be the case with IV since IV is trying to look as realistic as possible.

So a remaster of IV, graphically, like V is possible without changing the gloomy art style and atmosphere of IV. If R* were to do a next gen remaster of IV similar to V, I think R* is smart enough to accommodate the IV style in the new graphics.

About the image above, I don't think it's a remaster. IIRC It is a very old photo found in a developer's portfolio around the same time that the game's release. Some say it might be a test of bringing LC to GTA O, thus the V assets. Some say it's a remaster. Even if a remaster of IV is happening then it wouldn't look like that with all the V assets, thus all of your outcry. That picture is made in the last gen version of V probably 4 years ago. It might just be an early test of bringing IV to the next gen RAGE. They probably used V assets since it's higher quality and it's already optimized for the new engine, but it's probably just a placeholder until R* brings over the IV trees over. But since there is no indication of LC going to GTAO or a IV remaster, then it's probably just a dev messing around with LC and the new engine.

Yinepi
Posted (edited)

But hey, we can't expect absolutely nothing, so let's just wait ...

I think we can and should actually expect nothing. Rockstar are not obligated to update/remaster their games every ten years. The fact they did so with the previous 3D era games were mostly out of the fact they saw a niche market with mobile ports and rabid fan nostalgia and tried to capitalize on it. Rockstar even outsourced most of the remaster work to other unaffiliated studios indicating that they, Rockstar, themselves didn't even care enough to DIY, which is why the remasters are completely inconsistent. The only time they ever did a good remaster with care about the quality of the outcome was with GTAIII Xbox as most all of the textures and many of the game meshes were redone into a consistent higher quality. But, that was back in the days before shoddy remasters done for capital gain plagued the gaming market indicating that GTAIII Xbox was done not out of the sole purpose of capital gain, but to also see how far they could push the game visually with the limited technology they had.

Edited by Yinepi

MARKUS.
Posted (edited)

Didn't They use the Enhanced mod?

I used it once for a movie (Insomnia 2) and gosh those red sky that appeared sometimes got me really pissed off

Edited by Markhosdangerous

TheSadisticOwl

Not gray enough.

Arrows to Athens

I hope they do remaster this game. It really deserves it.

Sleepwalking

If a remastered edition ever happens, these would perfect for me:

*Character wheel like GTA V, I want to switch between protagonists immediately.

*TBOGT-TLAD-IV all features in one single game (why Johnny can't have fun in Masionette 9?)

*Use colors instead of making whole city gray/brown.

R4gN0r0K

That would be a bit of a pain to have actually, since you could play the characters after certain missions only, and you'd have to do all missions in chronological order storywise, since the characters meet each other in certain times. being able to just switch from niko to luis or johnny and play missions whenever you feel like it would completely ruin the immersion.

the only things i'd like to see are some of the smaller improvements like the new glass that you can shoot into pieces instead of having the whole window break and maybe improve some textures. a new pc port would be the best probably, since they showed gta's rage engine can run on computers with gta v

Edited by R4gN0r0K

straightupmenace

another reason why i'd like to see iv with v's version of the RAGE engine is that IV runs like garbage on every platform it's on lol. it's not a stable game at all

Edited by straightupmenace

MARKUS.

That would be a bit of a pain to have actually, since you could play the characters after certain missions only

Or simply don't having any mission to do yet. Like there's the marker of the mission but in grey and it says "Come back after completing the mission Uncle Vlad"

Tycek

If a remastered edition ever happens, these would perfect for me:

And people would cry again, that they have to complete half of the game with this boring-ass, whining hypocrite Nico Bellik, before they will be able to switch to Luis Lopez. Thanks for that idea, but is as good for IV remaster as it was for V - while it seemed cool on paper, it brought nothing worth writing home about.