Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,696 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

damienrayemusic

Did you ever play Red Dead Revolver?

damienrayemusic

Whether yes or no this was a fantastic game in its own right.. long live Red Harlow! I ask because im wondering whoever is familiar with the characters do you think any of them will be present in RDR2? I truly do think so.. I have some interesting theories that only people who played revolver will understand. Generally speaking though especially since RDR2 is a prequel I assume rockstar will masterfully incorporate all red dead characters in one... even if just as easter eggs. I think we definitely will see or hear about red harlow and jack swift. Possibly shadow wolf too..

Safari
Posted (edited)

It was a pretty fun game but I felt it would be better if R* created it as it lacks realism. I do think some of those people will return as either a side mission, random encounter or even during the main story but I don't think Red Harlow will be shown However that guy next to dutch on the teaser image looks strikingly similar to Jack Swift. Other than that I see it as very unlikely to see main characters from Red dead revolver, R* like adding characters that are usually in the background to returning games. Although if they don't follow there same tradition it would be cool to see Red and Jack and possibly more. I mean Jack was a bank robber in London so it wouldn't be too crazy if he joined along with the gang in RDR2.

Edited by Safari

Efreet

No, I didn't have the chance to play it during its heyday. Although it's available on PSN, I don't find it fun to play games that aged badly.

Shinola Gamer

No I never played it and now I feel bad..

Yelda

Yeah, I played it. I also played Gun on PSII and Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive on PC.

I had a lot of fun playing with these two games. I've been a big fan of the western genre since my childhood.

I read, watched and played everything I could get and now ... hmm ...there are still a lot of cowboys and the aura of the Wild West in my life ;)

chilleverest

I am a western sucker like the guy above and was always on a lookout, played it when it first released alongside other classics like Desperado, had to quit Revolver midgame because it was merciless with its difficulty spikes. It starts brilliantly and has that desolate western vibes to it with pretty interesting characters. It has aged really poorly for me though. I can revisit any 3d era GTA gta games but i cant see myself giving revolver a go.

SeniorDerp

Since Red Harlow is obviously John Marston, I wonder if R* tie the two together or have Arthur make a comment "You look like this kid I used to know.."

damienrayemusic

It was a pretty fun game but I felt it would be better if R* created it as it lacks realism. I do think some of those people will return as either a side mission, random encounter or even during the main story but I don't think Red Harlow will be shown However that guy next to dutch on the teaser image looks strikingly similar to Jack Swift. Other than that I see it as very unlikely to see main characters from Red dead revolver, R* like adding characters that are usually in the background to returning games. Although if they don't follow there same tradition it would be cool to see Red and Jack and possibly more. I mean Jack was a bank robber in London so it wouldn't be too crazy if he joined along with the gang in RDR2.

yes exactly! I loved the characters. Ik it prob wont happen but god id love to see john, red, and arthur having a conversation... arthur is very cool to me already!!

Yeah, I played it. I also played Gun on PSII and Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive on PC.

I had a lot of fun playing with these two games. I've been a big fan of the western genre since my childhood.

I read, watched and played everything I could get and now ... hmm ...there are still a lot of cowboys and the aura of the Wild West in my life ;)

hell yes!! Playing gun is what made me think wait, red dead revolver! Its funny i was a kid when i saw my dad playing that and i was so intrigued by it..

I am a western sucker like the guy above and was always on a lookout, played it when it first released alongside other classics like Desperado, had to quit Revolver midgame because it was merciless with its difficulty spikes. It starts brilliantly and has that desolate western vibes to it with pretty interesting characters. It has aged really poorly for me though. I can revisit any 3d era GTA gta games but i cant see myself giving revolver a go.

lmao youre right that game was super difficult mid game. Fun though. And yes I love westerns so much. My fav genre really

Since Red Harlow is obviously John Marston, I wonder if R* tie the two together or have Arthur make a comment "You look like this kid I used to know.."

i would seriously love to see a conversation between them. Id be so hyped

No I never played it and now I feel bad..

If you have a pc download pcsx2 and get it that way:)

No, I didn't have the chance to play it during its heyday. Although it's available on PSN, I don't find it fun to play games that aged badly.

understandable! You can tell its age aha i still love it tho fun game great characters. The game that birthed red dead redemption

Johnny Spaz

GUN drew me away from it because I just thought they were clones, now I regret it

mombo2811

no i havent but i have played all of the call of juarez games... (before i ever played red dead) Gunslinger has to be my favorite

KGBeast

Many times. Just did a 100% replay (all journal pages, all showdown characters and stages, etc.) after the second trailer for II dropped. Also the first time I've played the Xbox version rather than the PS2 version. It hasn't dated as badly as other games released around the same time and is still really the only spaghetti western game of its kind. It's like playing one of Sergio Leone's films. The duels were much more intense and difficult than they are in Redemption too.

Edited by KGBeast

djb204

I wish I did, but Im on Xbox and it isnt available via digital DL

Yelda

Man ... I was 13 when I played GUN ... and I think that if my parents had known that, they wouldn´t have allowed me to play :whistle:
I thought that was pretty brutal back then.
Worse than all the games I played before even if I loved it.

Especially the scene with the massacred, hanged natives. Against that Revolver or GTA was harmless.

Edited by Yelda

joshua969

Never played it, but I'm curious about it. I go into dated games with the best intentions, but I rarely play them for long stretches.

Fubbick

I never even heard of Revolver back when it was released. I bet I was too busy with GUN at the time. It wasn't until Redemption's announcement that I heard about Revolver. I've played it, but I don't think I'll ever complete it. It's difficult finding a poorly aged game like that any good if you don't have any nostalgic memories to lean on. At least for me.

DGSimo

Yep. I followed the game from when it was announced and Capcom were behind it up til it's long silence and when Rockstar nabbed and released it. I thought it was decent at the time and enjoyed the inclusion of the spaghetti west legends in music in the game.

GUN was a much better experience though, and heavily inspired by Deadwood at the time.

Nah they're not. While Redemption is a spiritual successor to Revolver, the events of the latter are still referenced in the game. But Red and John are two different characters.

Cozzi

Aw sheit. I'm old now lol. i played red dead revolver, and gun, and a few of the original Call of Juarez games. I'm surprised that doesn't come up more. call of juarez was a really good series in my opinion. no one back then really thought of making it open world, though. That's where RDR1 really stepped the whole western game genre up. the old ones were more of FPS.

On a slightly related note, maybe some of you can help me find this tune from Red Dead Revolver? Red Harlow's moms was apparently a prostitute, and theres one or two missions where you hear someone singing a vulgar nursery rhyme type song thats supposed to be about his momma. I could never find it, or maybe i have the wrong western game? Anyone got any ideas? I dont want to have to play through Red Dead Revolver again just to find one guy singing four lines of song. lol

Edited by Cozzi

toxluv

Yes, I did, and loved it!

ClaudeSpeed1911

Aw sheit. I'm old now lol. i played red dead revolver, and gun, and a few of the original Call of Juarez games. I'm surprised that doesn't come up more. call of juarez was a really good series in my opinion. no one back then really thought of making it open world, though. That's where RDR1 really stepped the whole western game genre up. the old ones were more of FPS.

On a slightly related note, maybe some of you can help me find this tune from Red Dead Revolver? Red Harlow's moms was apparently a prostitute, and theres one or two missions where you hear someone singing a vulgar nursery rhyme type song thats supposed to be about his momma. I could never find it, or maybe i have the wrong western game? Anyone got any ideas? I dont want to have to play through Red Dead Revolver again just to find one guy singing four lines of song. lol

She was never a prostitute. She was the daughter of a native american leader called the Red Wolf Tribe.

LucidLocomotive

I am almost certain that song youre talking about is actually from the game "gun"

something about someone 'poking her' then it goes "and then to her surprise, her belly began to rise"?

Cozzi

I am almost certain that song youre talking about is actually from the game "gun"

something about someone 'poking her' then it goes "and then to her surprise, her belly began to rise"?

Oh you got it! Thanks! I had RDRevolver and Gun and played them both around the exact same time so i must've had it mixed up all these years. no wonder I couldn't find the sh*t lol.

Lock n' Stock

Downloaded it off PS Store and gave it a go. Not a bad linear-based shooter for it's time, it's easy to see why Rockstar reused some elements from it in Redemption.

Algonquin Assassin

Nah. I've seen it on the PS Store and thought about getting it. I've played GUN though which is really the closest arcade style western game I can think of and COJ: Gunslinger.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

Cozzi

Nah. I've seen it on the PS Store and thought about getting it. I've played GUN though which is really the closest arcade style western game I can think of and COJ: Guslinger.

I been replaying Gun the past week or so, its really nice, honestly. I like old games though. I can tell its on the same engine that Neversoft used for Tony Hawk's American Wasteland but for 2005 this isnt a bad open world game. idk if its the first 3D open world game but if someone can point me to an older one, let me know.

LucidLocomotive

um youre on GTAforums. GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas were all out before 2005, and are 3D open world games. Or did you mean to say open world western game?

Edited by LucidLocomotive

Cozzi

um youre on GTAforums. GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas were all out before 2005, and are 3D open world games. Or did you mean to say open world western game?

hell yeah lol. i left the word western out

volta2001

got it when it came out freshman year of HS. loved it. i didnt even know rockstar made it at the time. i also had state of emergency on xbox, what an insane game!

Cozzi

got it when it came out freshman year of HS. loved it. i didnt even know rockstar made it at the time. i also had state of emergency on xbox, what an insane game!

I think about State of Emergency atleast once or twice a month. part of me hope's theyll make a reboot one day. That was the first game i played that was that crazy and off the chain with everyone running around and stuff. I loved it, and played the sequel, and then they stopped making them :/

TheExclusiveMan

Its a good game, it wasnt developed by Rockstar and it surely shows, the characters and concepts were very strange, I still find that fight with the circus so strange

Spider-Vice

Psst, RDRevolver was indeed developed by Rockstar San Diego (=Angel Studios). Capcom didn't last too long with it. The game was supposed to hve a strange wacky atmosphere to it.