2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

What was the hardest part to complete the game 100% ?

Colonel _Cortez

• 1 year later...

Collecting oyesters and delivering the cars to import export crane.

Some of the oyesters locations were in military zones so you would die multiple times just to get one.

Some of the cars were in very distant locations like the remmington so you have to drive all the way to LS and bring the car to crane in SF without damaging too much or flipping it over.

It was tedious and boring job.

• 3 weeks later...

Doing another 100% playthrough right now and remembering all the really hard/tedious stuff you have to do to get there. The worst ones for me were Chiliad Challenge, Zero's missions, all the school missions, quarry missions, BMX/NRG-500 and stadium events. The Import/Export was a pain in the ass as well since it was so long and tedious.   

NRG-500 challenges, damn you have no time and some checkpoints are impossible. Then BMX mission too for being also painfully similar but not as much as NRG.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok I have redone a 100 % play through again this year 2019. (last time was back in 2012). I had no difficulty with story missions (except Freefall), but San Andreas has the hardest side missions ever.

Heres my personal top 6 hardest stuff list from my most recent play through, am sure its different for others, to each their own, heres mine (no 1 being the hardest):

1. BMX Challenge (almost impossible even with max cycling skills, coronas are so high and you keep falling and crashing, bunny hopping is harder than it sounds, this side mission is the master of pain)

2. NRG-500 Challenge (I get so close, one mistake it ends up, some of the coronas are unfairly high)

3. Back to School (Driving School) (tasks are nearly impossible from burn n lap onwards, alley oop is the hardest)

4. Freefall (The only story mission I still have difficulty with even after playing the game since 2006. I still have the original 2005 pc edition, where its really hard to catch the ultra fast Shamal with the ultra Slow dodo, later editions like PS3 edition made it easier)

5. Quarry no 7 (only the last mission no 7, others were easy) (The Crane is so terrible to control, literally gave me a hand ache and I have to do so many taks in such a limited time) !

6. Barnstorming (the stunt plane is terrible to control and the countryside with all those trees is the worst place to fly, even n.o.e. is a piece of cake compared to this).

Ok I found nothing else difficult, everything else was easy. Collectibles are tedious, not hard.. Everything else missions/side missions I did in single try. I am astonished a lot of people have troubles with the chilliad challenge but dont seem to find the bmx challenge hard. I found the chilliad challenge, all 3 races a piece of cake, just drive smoothly avoid hitting anything and I did all three chilliad challenges in single try becoming first in all, and I dont remember having trouble with them in earlier 100 % playthroughs either. But the BMX Challenge was hell, I dont think I personally have found anything harder in not just SA, but any GTA  games !

Edited by Ballas King
  • Like 3

The hardest part and I hate with all my desire when completing the game is to pass the Learning To Fly mission and complete all the Missions of All Driving Schools with Gold. It's the Worst.:sui:

Another thing I hate is getting Oysters and Repainting Graffiti in LS.

It is also difficult for me to complete the mission of Mount Chilliand "Cobra Run".

All truck Missions that the cargo must already be delivered in Zones such as Bone County, Stolen Land and Las Venturas.

BMX Challenge and NRG Challenge the worst.:sneaky:

N.O.E, Even with years playing GTA SA, I find it difficult to complete this mission.

• Like 2

you know what is the hardest thing in the game?

THE LADDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cj can't climb any f*ck!ng ladder, he can do all challenges and missions and vehicle schools sh!t but he can't climb a kindergarten slider's stairs.

damn shame, rockstar. 

For me it was the items to collect(the horseshoes,spray tags,photos and horseshoes),they are just so boring and feel like a chore to do.

Edited by Eriahslon

Yeah.. collectibles, especially Oysters... not very hard, but very boring.... like, very, very, very boring.

Whenever I want to complete 100% and I remember I have to do this chore, I pass.

(Same goes with Pigeons in Grand Theft Auto IV, etc.)

Edited by Ronald Reagan
  • Like 2
On 11/16/2019 at 1:39 AM, Eriahslon said:

For me it was the items to collect(the horseshoes,spray tags,photos and horseshoes),they are just so boring and feel like a chore to do.

You wrote horseshoes twice, I think you meant Oysters.

For me doing all Stunt Jumps in the beginning of the game was so irritating. Especially near Golden Gate bridge from San Fierro to Last Venturas (invisible wall when you need to progress in story to unlock last city).

On 1/26/2018 at 4:41 AM, BowlingMaster said:

It was not so hard to get 100%. But if I had to pick one side activity, it would be the trucking missions or the airplane races (Barnstorming and Military Service). As for tedious and just plain boring, Freight Train, Import/Export and Valet Parking are strong contenders for me.

Tip for Military Service dont take in the wheels/landing gears, let them stay and hover slow and steady through each coronas, it takes longer and you have lower altitude but the Hydra is much easier to control and you get it done easily. The desert is also more suitable for flying than the countryside with those tall trees. Sadly you cant decrease the speed of the uncontrollable stunt plane in barnstorming which just keeps tilting over the trees.

Edit: I mistakenly quoted a page 1 old post. oh well.... 

On 11/26/2019 at 7:58 PM, GreenPeas said:

For me doing all Stunt Jumps in the beginning of the game was so irritating. Especially near Golden Gate bridge from San Fierro to Last Venturas (invisible wall when you need to progress in story to unlock last city).

Stunt Jumps arent required for 100 % XD. I still do them for total completion along with beat the cock and burglary which arent required either. But these tasks are much better than the 6 I stated. I only i could swap stuffs like BMX and NRG challenges (required but hard) with beat the cock and burglary (not required but easy). Stunt Jumps arent required but I personally find them easier and less tedious than collecting Oysters, especially those hidden deep under water..

Edited by Ballas King
  • 1 month later...

Only tough sh*ts are:

• Barnstorming
  • Military Service (on PC)
  • Heli Races (on PC,Easy to complete but I end up with sh*tty timings)
  • BMX poopallenge
  • Paramedic (easy only in Angel Pine)

Having replayed them recently I don't find the Chiliad BMX races so hard. They're good challenges that require a lot of concentration and good memorization of the circuit.

As for Military service it's easy as a kid's game.

On 1/22/2020 at 6:42 AM, Evil empire said:

As for Military service it's easy as a kid's game.

It's tough for me 

It becomes difficult if you have 0 control on hydra + Length of the track is just huge

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 3:02 AM, NileshKumar said:

It's tough for me 

It becomes difficult if you have 0 control on hydra + Length of the track is just huge

What do you mean by 0 control?

You don't even need to modify the angle of the propellers. Like with a helicopter press #Lean down to go forward #Lean up to brake, keep leaning a bit while turning, be patient and you know you will succeed.

Chiliad Challenge and NRG-500 challenge. First time I beat NGR-500 was by accidentally triggering the stop timer glitch, but the second time I did it honestly.

The stadium events weren't very easy either.

Edited by Lioshenka