Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,351 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

manicmechanic71

Long time player's outdated habits

Gaffa

I'm still smoking too many fags and drinking too much Pisswasser - but it was a great tactic to have yourself teleported to the hospital when the Rhino Tank was a force to be reckoned with.

Edited by Gaffa™

Pedinhuh

I'm still smoking too many fags and drinking too much Pisswasser - but it was a great tactic to have yourself teleported to the hospital when the Rhino Tank was a force to be reckoned with.

Have both heist and doomsday heist invites open and you will never need to do that again

;)

ronbonjovi

I still go home and get drunk and high.

I still go to the strip club.

I still bone hookers.

Are we talking about GTA still? Sounds a lot like my Friday and Saturdays

Skeve613

I don't fly the Hydra that often anymore, so I still regularly pancake myself into the ground because I slip into old habits and forget that they got rid of most of the braking you used to get from going into VTOL mode.

Liquid Snake 245

Not a habit of mine but the habit of a friend. Getting invites from said friend to Crooked Cop.....in 2018.....all the time

elfoam

Are any other older players still doing things that have really gone out of fashion now?

List your illogical GTA habits... here are some of mine.

Using the BF injection because it was the only garageable (not sure that's a word!) Stolen car with a bulletproof back.

Using the assault smg because it was free and great for headshots - there's got to be a reason gang attack stats mention headshots, surely?

On that note using gang attacks to restock ammo, and survivals to gain unlocked weapons rather than buying them ( pretty sure they nerfed that one!)

Standing on top of objects in passive to go AFK because you used to be vulnerable to cars in passive.

Playing contact missions at all! Lol!

The sandking is bulletproof btw :)

Gaffa

Have both heist and doomsday heist invites open and you will never need to do that again

;)

Same reason you'll find me driving to ATM's rather than using the phone. #keepthedreamalive

manicmechanic71

Are any other older players still doing things that have really gone out of fashion now?

List your illogical GTA habits... here are some of mine.

Using the BF injection because it was the only garageable (not sure that's a word!) Stolen car with a bulletproof back.

Using the assault smg because it was free and great for headshots - there's got to be a reason gang attack stats mention headshots, surely?

On that note using gang attacks to restock ammo, and survivals to gain unlocked weapons rather than buying them ( pretty sure they nerfed that one!)

Standing on top of objects in passive to go AFK because you used to be vulnerable to cars in passive.

Playing contact missions at all! Lol!

The sandking is bulletproof btw :)

What!!! How did I not know this!? :-D

pez2k

I still start every session by walking outside, stealing and selling the most valuable traffic car outside my first garage, where I still spawn. After all of these years there's not even any conscious thought involved in knowing which is worth most. Fortunately the garage is right next to LSC so it only takes seconds.

$9k is no longer really worth anything, compared to the old days where good cars were $100k and Survivals were hefty payouts, but every little helps I guess.

Edited by pez2k

0delay

I still start every session by walking outside, stealing and selling the most valuable traffic car outside my first garage, where I still spawn. After all of these years there's not even any conscious thought involved in knowing which is worth most. Fortunately the garage is right next to LSC so it only takes seconds.

$9k is no longer really worth anything, compared to the old days where good cars were $100k and Survivals were hefty payouts, but every little helps I guess.

wut? I've been playing since day one on PS3 and there were never any cars selling for $100k... $9k Ballers were always the go to way back then.

Edited by 0delay

pez2k

wut? I've been playing since day one on PS3 and there were never any cars selling for $100k... $9k Ballers were always the go to way back then.

No, I mean when good cars were $100k to buy, so selling a Baller or Felon was a good chunk of the way towards buying yourself a Banshee or something. Now it's not even a drop in the ocean for a $2.5m supercar.

Rykjeklut

All the fuzz about the new cars being useless for racing, and therefore a scam and a disgrace, has made me realize that I still buy cars that I like the look off.

Those darn kids with their motorracing.

DentureDynamite

I still do daily objectives for each of my characters if they're easy to do solo...and don't require killing other players other than bounties.

I still do (certain) gang attacks--have found some cool new tactics to wipe them out easily. Experimentation is your best friend.

I still rob convenience stores, talking back to the store owner (refilling snacks first, of course) lol.

I still do the occasional Simeon car delivery just for the heck of it.

I still try to grab and sell NPC cars every ~48 min. (Sentinels XLs, Felon GTs, Ballers, Sandking XLs, Vagos gang cars).

I am still endlessly fighting the LSPD and trying to keep them off my back. Ugh! Thankfully, have found more five-star-proof hideouts that shall never be reported to Rockstar. 8^D

And though not as old, I still make my rounds on weapon pickups when I'm near them, keeping an eye out for the last remaining ones. :)

Edited by DentureDynamite

Maxx1013

I have over $100 million but I still go after bounties

I still do gang attacks and contact missions

I still do daily objectives until R* fu*ks me and resets my monthly bonus after 3 weeks

Quarthon

I still call muggers on my friends driving cars, hoping the mugger will steal their car and drive it across the map.

bantonson15

I still experiment with muggers to steal people's helicopters, and boy it is fun 😂

SuperJude™

I think I've robbed more stores than anyone 😂

I still steal and sell random cars on the street in front of the shop in Sandy Shores.

Yeah sometimes I grab vehicles for Simeon because it's funny how little anyone cares anymore when back in the day it was a bloody massacre sometimes trying to get to the garage on the docks.

I still rock my Bifta.

I still put dolla bills rims on my car because years ago this and chrome were a horrible affront to GTA players.

Is this The Guy?

I still play Gerald missions.

Forza Harrd

I still do solo Invite Only street races at RoC Santos to test cars, keep a written ledger on lap times and everything, and I don't even do street races. 99% of my racing is stunt racing. And I think my actual fastest 2 lap time there is still on my Akuma. Which I only use at one stunt track.

edit: Since stunt racing came out and I also figured out how to get rich I don't do any of the cool stuff I did coming up. I do even cooler stuff lol. ;)

Edited by Forza Harrd

Black Terminator

I still steal vehicles from the streets.

I still deliver vehicles for Simeon in freeroam.

I still play golf.

I still play darts.

I still play tennis with friends.

I still do contact missions.

I still go to the ATM machines to deposit money.

I swim at the Tinsel Towers apartments.

I still go to strip clubs just to relax my mind after doing jobs.

I still call up a taxi and have them take to places just to go the old school route.

I still buy drinks and snacks at the gas stations.

I still do my Daily Objectives.

I still play Captures.

I still mug people from my apartment.

On my main character I still live in a two car garage apartment and six one.

PwnageSoldier

I guess another long time habit I've had is that I'm stubborn where my properties are, regardless of if it's useful. For example, I have the 10 car garage and 6 car garage in the Maisbastu Factory (one of my "bases" I guess you could say), plus the Alta apartment because it's great. I also have the Paleto Bay bunker because I love Paleto and it's a beautiful bunker (plus the FZ Hangar is right next to Paleto, so even better). I'm planning to get the Paleto Bay Facility and the 6 car apartment right there in Paleto (one of the houses).

If vehicles count, I have the Western Rogue, PA Cuban 800 (with bombs), PA Mammoth Dodo, Zentorno, Pegassi Bati 801, Dinka Enduro, PCJ 100, Canis Mesa (both 4x4 and SUV variant), Dubsta1, Dubsta 4x4, Romeo Hearse, Ubermacht Oracle (with unique street paint), Dubsta2 (for selling and showing off), Bravado Duneloader (beautiful truck), Rumpo 4x4, Coil Voltic, Declasse Granger, and the Annis Elegy RH8. I'm planning to get the Dinka Jester, the Vapid Contender, and the new military truck when it comes out (I forgot the name, lol). It's up to you which vehicle is unpopular lol

Rykjeklut

I still play Gerald missions.

What the f*ck is a Gerald?

hei3enberg

I think I have lost all my old habits after moving from 360 to Xbox One and then to PC. It's amazing how core game is the same but you may absolutely change the way you play. However, I never purchased a Lazer and when I steal it from the base I still use rear camera to make sure jet won't spawn behind.

RightOnTheDpad

Upgrading a new car and for a second wondering which spoiler gives the best protection from small arms fire. Then realise its pointless these days and I can pick form over function.