Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,971 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

jaljax

What GTA Had The Best Storyline?

As What The Title Say's  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What GTA Had The Best Storyline? (3D & HD Era)

• GTA III
    • Vice City
    • San Andreas
    • Advance
    • Liberty City Stories
    • Vice City Stories
    • GTA IV
    • The Lost & Damned
    • The Ballad Of Gay Tony
    • Chinatown War's
    • GTA V

jaljax

What Gta do you think had the best storyline? Also this contains the 3D & HD Era..

(My Opinion's)

GTA Vice City:It had this Scarface feeling of being the kingpin of Vice City & owning a big mansion in which i really enjoy because Scarface is a great film and it actually felt like that time period of the 1980's & the whole drug smuggling down in FL

GTA IV:An immigrant coming from Serbia to Liberty City to make some changes in life , but then some bad thing's happen and it turns very dark & gritty throughout the life cycle being in Liberty City .

Give you're opinion down below or even check the Topic Poll

Algonquin Assassin
Posted (edited)

GTA IV obviously. It's the only story that left an impression on me to still think about it after nearly a decade. Everything from Niko, to the supporting cast, to the tone, writing etc is simply incredible.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

Hmmm nice bike

GTA IV. Almost no question about it. It's probably one of the most well-written stories for any GTA and the one that the writers definitely put the most thought into. Add to that the Episodes from Liberty City and how the storylines tie in to IV with the cocaine and diamonds (among other occurrences and events that), and it was probably one of the most cohesive and interesting stories that they've put together. Although the III era games and how they all tie into each other are also pretty good, too, and the stories to VC and SA are still very memorable.

Hot Pursuit

GTA III= Revenge on your girlfriend who betrayed you

GTA VC= Becoming the king of the Vice City Criminal

GTA SA= Earning your reputation back

GTA LCS= Same as SA

GTA VCS= Same as VC

GTA V= The trio robbing banks together

Prasdana21

As much as I like San Andreas the best, GTA IV had the best storyline. You, Algonquin Assasins, and "Hmm Nice Bike" user had explained it perfeftly, I don't think I need to explain it again. Niko Bellic is my favourite protagonist anyway.

TheOneLibertonian

IV easily. It's the GTA with the most interesting narrative, amazing cast of characters, excellent and witty writing, and the best protagonist of the series. Do I really need to say more? :cool:

Jack Lupino
Posted (edited)

Personally I found GTA 3 to be most interesting. Maybe that is due to nostalgia because this was my first gta game,but there is something special about the Gangster theme in this game.

My second favourite is San Andreas. While the story gets messed up in San Fierro and LV,the ending with Cj and his grove street family back together in Los Santos was a very emotional ending for me.

Voted for Sa

Edited by Jack Lupino

Sleepwalking

Personally I found GTA 3 to be most interesting. Maybe that is due to nostalgia because this was my first gta game,but there is something special about the Gangster theme in this game.

I was going to say the same

After 16-17 years, playing GTA III is still exciting for me. It is mostly because my childhood Nostalgia. I played this game for 5-6 years constantly, fell in love first moment I see it.

On my first playthrough, my favourite moment in GTA SA was the mission where Claude makes a cameo, lol.

I never got into GTA IV's story. Niko blames one guy because he sold his squad for small amount of money. Whole GTA IV story consist of Niko killing & betraying everyone for small amount of money. That's why I let that darko guy live at the end.

GTA V's story was going nearly perfect, until FIB stuff came in, then seriously flawed.

I voted GTA III knowing that it's not the best, at least it is best & exciting for me

Algonquin Assassin
Posted (edited)

GTA IV. Almost no question about it. It's probably one of the most well-written stories for any GTA and the one that the writers definitely put the most thought into. Add to that the Episodes from Liberty City and how the storylines tie in to IV with the cocaine and diamonds (among other occurrences and events that), and it was probably one of the most cohesive and interesting stories that they've put together. Although the III era games and how they all tie into each other are also pretty good, too, and the stories to VC and SA are still very memorable.

I love how EFLC intersects with GTA IV. Ive always compared it to Pulp Fiction and Sin City in that regard. It's so much more interesting than GTA V's buddies working together approach.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

ClaudeIzABadAzz

IV has an exceptional storyline, but Vice City takes the cake.

Ohhh123r

GTA IV has a better storyline IMO and GTA SA (Early Los Santos chapter) is second

Femme Fatale

Obviously IV.

CountdownIIExtinction

GTAIV undoubtedly.It doesn't play like your ordinary GTA game. It's more like Mafia. When I played Vice City again on the spring last year I found a surprisingly deep story. But GTAIV is a little bit better.

Tycek

The choice is more than obvious - IV.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
Posted (edited)

GTA IV, hands down. An epic crime drama with interwoven subplots that tie into the DLCs, really deep and endearing characters, and some of the best exchanges of dialogue ever featured in a video game.

Niko: "You killed my friends for one-thousand dollars?"

Darko: "How much do you charge to kill someone?"

The cutscenes are also really something special. There are some real poignant moments like when Niko goes to Dwayne's apartment in "Undress to Kill" and "Footsteps in the Dark" is playing in the background and Dwayne's basically on the verge of ending it, but Niko offers to solve his problems for him. I also really liked the kitchen scene with Ilyena Faustin and Niko where he gives a little bit of his backstory about murdering village children and she tells him not to give up hope on redemption. This game made me f*cking FEEL things.

Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive

Algonquin Assassin

GTA IV, hands down. An epic crime drama with interwoven subplots that tie into the DLCs, really deep and endearing characters, and some of the best exchanges of dialogue ever featured in a video game.

The cutscenes are also really something special. There are some real poignant moments like when Niko goes to Dwayne's apartment in "Undress to Kill" and "Footsteps in the Dark" is playing in the background and Dwayne's basically on the verge of ending it, but Niko offers to solve his problems for him. I also really liked the kitchen scene with Ilyena Faustin and Niko where he gives a little bit of his backstory about murdering village children and she tells him not to give up hope on redemption. This game made me f*cking FEEL things.

GTA IV has a smorgasbord of great cutscenes to choose from, but I've always loved Niko's revelation to Roman in Uncle Vlad what brought him to Liberty City. It still gives me chills.

Tao Cheng

The Gayest of all Tonys

jaljax

GTA IV has a smorgasbord of great cutscenes to choose from, but I've always loved Niko's revelation to Roman in Uncle Vlad what brought him to Liberty City. It still gives me chills.

Yeah i agree . I think IV had the best story out of all is the fact that not just Niko's perspective , but Johnny & Luis's as well considering that they're tied to the story too & that's what's so remarkable about IV & EFLC

terrytheman947

As much as I despise most of its fans, GTA 4 without a doubt. An Serbian immigrant coming to America was something fresh for a change and really told how the protagonist struggled to live his new life in the gritty town of the USA. It would be wrong to say it didn't have any flaws, but it was definitely the most well-written story of all the GTA games

GTA 3 was just a simple revenge storyline that wasn't really meant to be taken seriously. Vice City's storyline was good, but a bit unoriginal due to the Scarface influences. San Andreas' storyline was tacky as hell. I never understood why CJ would leave the hood life after his exile to become a multimillionaire yet despite all the hard work he did, he still reverts back to gangbanging. Plus the writers of the game seemed confused as to what theme they were going for when writing the story of this game. The rest of the stories I really don't have the energy to explain.

DangerZ0neX

I wish I could say GTA V, but it's definitely GTA IV.

Such a shame that the first act of GTA V was the only good part of the GTA V story and everything started breaking down once Trevor got introduced.

DirtCheap

IV and SA

Sure, a small few moments in SA are OTT but the story is still great

IV, no explanation needed

ArmyRaidFail404

Oh yeah, definitely GTA Advance :p

But in all seriousness, just saying GTA IV has the best storyline is not doing it justice. I think compartively the actual writing and dialogue was as solid as GTA SA. That said, GTA IV and GTA SA exist in completely different universes with completely different atmospheres and characters. GTA IV just comes out on top because it - along with the much appreciated DLCs - seems to mesh better with the world it creates, making it seem large and in-depth. SA on the other hand did a great job of making three completely different worlds with their own unique atmospheres and bridged them together with some natural countryside and desert.

And I'm not trying to bring down either one of them to the other's level, but I think both of their stories maintain an excellent level of entertainment for each of their worlds and involve you in their own unique ways quite well. Either ways, I would say GTA IV simply because of the Diamonds storyline etc.

jaljax

Oh yeah, definitely GTA Advance :p

But in all seriousness, just saying GTA IV has the best storyline is not doing it justice. I think compartively the actual writing and dialogue was as solid as GTA SA. That said, GTA IV and GTA SA exist in completely different universes with completely different atmospheres and characters. GTA IV just comes out on top because it - along with the much appreciated DLCs - seems to mesh better with the world it creates, making it seem large and in-depth. SA on the other hand did a great job of making three completely different worlds with their own unique atmospheres and bridged them together with some natural countryside and desert.

And I'm not trying to bring down either one of them to the other's level, but I think both of their stories maintain an excellent level of entertainment for each of their worlds and involve you in their own unique ways quite well. Either ways, I would say GTA IV simply because of the Diamonds storyline etc.

Yeah that's another reason of what makes it so remarkable is solving the pieces to the Diamonds storyline in IV & EFLC

Piggsy pls

GTA IV is the only one in the series that had a truly great/amazing story IMO, that's why it stands out to me.

Matrelith

Vice City for me. Working yourself up the criminal ladder in an effort to pay back your frenemy Sonny set against an 80s Miami backdrop.. Rockstar really nailed the criminal "rags to riches" storyline here.

Ertan Soner

Of course gta 4...Dark and serious

Cheatz/Trickz

GTA V.

said nobody ever

SanLiberty

GTA IV, of course. But still why the f*ck nobody gives love for the 2D universe? Like come on.

Am Shaegar

The answer is obvious - San Andreas (2004)

Hardly any serious flaws in the way story is narrated. Everything feels pretty much consistent and it is structured and presented to the players w/o insulting their intelligence either. Its to the point approach w/o being thrown in too many long boring pointless cutscenes and expository dialogues having no meaning, thus demanding the player to apply some thought and focus on every part of the missions to understand the twists and turn of events throughout. Unfortunately, not many understand the brilliance of the approach seen in SA's storytelling to be qualified truly an amazing experience in the series.

Tycek

The answer is obvious - San Andreas (2004)

Of course it's the matter of the opinion, but the answer is not so obvious, when IV beats SA 7 to 1.