3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
rcfieldz

GTA V Downloading Error Code 217

rcfieldz

I bought this game hoping for single player offline use. Maybe try online at a later date. But having issues with downloading updates...

I purchased Grand Theft Auto V by Rockstar Games. From what was written on the box my home desktop pc had the requirements to play the game. But after downloading the 7 discs that it came with I was ready for the thrill ride that is GTA V. But...then the game needed to update itself online and wanted to initially update/upgrade? 6+ more GBytes . That would have taken many hours but I was sticking with it. Then after the first 4 hours I lost my connection(internet provider) and I retried download. But then it wanted to start over from the start of the 6+Gb. I had around half I think downloaded. And then the pc showed the download updates where now up to 8 Gb! After I lost the first 3 downloading. So I stayed with it for 10 more hours. And when I had the 8+Gb downloaded the app restarted. Only to restart downloading updates that now have a 14GB size. Also for reasons beyond me, the game downloads slower than anything I have ever seen.

The game downloads to file: x64w.rpf 915,372KB . Then the download stops with error Code 217. Trying everything I can come up with to get it to finish download. But this is the third time I have managed to restart download at this file. Thought I had more GB's on a couple occasions but it reverted back to this point in download

Now my update upload shows a total of 18.04 GB to be done and it keeps starting with 44MB and when it gets to 47 Mb ..I get "Connection to download server lost". And it tries reconnecting. If it fails it shows the Code 217 and link to Rockstar website that shows all internet connections are up..? This just keeps playing out over and over with nothing more getting downloaded. Very frustrating. Hope I find a fix.

rcfieldz

Ok I got things working somewhat. Been downloading..But I'll let you all know when and if I can play the game. Only got about 10 GB to go.

rcfieldz

Nope...all went to hell. Thought I had it all downloaded but then got error Code 216..? Well looks like I got 215 codes to go!

I uninstalled and started downloading again...back at 18.04 GB to download 21+ hours to go. kmn

George Costanza

Short googling (literally googled code 216) i found ppl saying that you must check your gta 5 folder for any files having .part extension. Remove those and run launcher. It should download the patches which were corrupted in .part file again and game should launch normally.

rcfieldz

Short googling (literally googled code 216) i found ppl saying that you must check your gta 5 folder for any files having .part extension. Remove those and run launcher. It should download the patches which were corrupted in .part file again and game should launch normally.

Well tried that. Now I have no files like that. Tried to reload but now my download speeds are so slow it would take months or years to recover.

I have given up.