4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Damned_ZigZag

ACT II - Elite Challenge, Easy method.

Damned_ZigZag
Posted (edited)

Hi

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere on the forums - I couldn't find it.
But yesterday when playing the Act II finale, 2 players, me and my buddy found out that the guy on "Air Support" can just leave the avenger and call his buzzard from pegasus to kill the incoming enemy helicopters and when the "Sub Marine" guy is finished you just fly back and take the avenger with 0% damage.
A nice easy way to get the elite challenge on Act II when you only are 2 players.

Peace.

Edited by Damned_ZigZag

Karrecod

Getting the Elite challenge on Act II Finale is already the easiest out of the three, but this makes it even easier!

rubster73
Posted (edited)

Yup thats a good way of doing it.

I have buzzard in MOC so can call it in fast.

But buzzard is not needed, watch the heli spawn points, there are 3.

Go from left to right and come back.

Also did this elite with snow, 0 visibilty ;)

Edited by rubster73

MechanicMammal
Posted (edited)

Nice tactic, I did not know you could call in Pegasus vehicles in the new heists, does it work on the other set ups and finale's as well?

I have only been solo air support once, but on that occasion I just landed on the beach and took down the helicopters on foot lol.

Edited by MechanicMammal

LeftUnfed

Or just put the avenger in autopilot mode via the interaction menu and shoot with the turrets?

MechanicMammal
Posted (edited)

^ @LeftUnfed

It is to avoid getting any damage to the Avenger to assure you meet the requirements for the Elite challenge. If you are gunning and not flying then you are a sitting target, which works fine just to get the job done. But you will run the risk of damaging the vehicle to much to get elite.

Edited by MechanicMammal

Rafae
Posted (edited)

Getting the Elite challenge on Act II Finale is already the easiest out of the three, but this makes it even easier!

Act 1 is even easier lol our team got it without even deliberately going for it, Act 2 is just as easy but one of our crew members fell off that big hill going towards the Paleto tunnel so we missed the elite by 33 seconds and the vehicle was 2% too damaged. Everything else we had it covered. Now Act 3 elite on the other hand.... yeah I'm probably not even attempting that let alone attempting that wretched mission of a finale again lol

Edited by Rafae

No Homing

Act 1 is even easier lol our team got it without even deliberately going for it, Act 2 is just as easy but one of our crew members fell off that big hill going towards the Paleto tunnel so we missed the elite by 33 seconds and the vehicle was 2% too damaged. Everything else we had it covered. Now Act 3 elite on the other hand.... yeah I'm probably not even attempting that let alone attempting that wretched mission of a finale again lol

Just ask some people in the Elite leaderboards thread for help. There are some really friendly and skilled players. Basically you just have to survive and aim for the head. The time is extremely forgiving.

I have done Act 3 finale 3 times and twice of that I had a much better team and didn't even use all snacks. Once we did Elite.

Trust me, with the right team it's much easier. Just stick together in the server room. When hacking, the enemies don't spawn in the closest corridors. Only moving to the next hack can be tricky, just stay together.

Rafae

Only moving to the next hack can be tricky, just stay together.

Yep, this was the trickiest bit by far, especially with only two people. I'd imagine it'd be less nerve wracking with two more people but then that's also two more bodies to worry about dying if you don't have the most competent team out there lol

Shadowfennekin

Wait what- you can call Pegasus?

secrecy274

Or simply park the Avenger on the small beach sticking out and shot down any Buzzard long before they get in range. As soon as Sub-team is done you shot down the Valkyries, enter the cockpit and wait for the sub-team to arrive before lifting off. I've never once lost 5% of the Avengers health.

The One They Call Dre
Posted (edited)

Hi

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere on the forums - I couldn't find it.

But yesterday when playing the Act II finale, 2 players, me and my buddy found out that the guy on "Air Support" can just leave the avenger and call his buzzard from pegasus to kill the incoming enemy helicopters and when the "Sub Marine" guy is finished you just fly back and take the avenger with 0% damage.

A nice easy way to get the elite challenge on Act II when you only are 2 players.

Peace.

Holy sh*t thank you. It was so dreadful being air support with the slow ass turrets Edited by The One They Call Dre

Damned_ZigZag
Posted (edited)

You can only call pegasus in the finale - not on setups :)

Or simply park the Avenger on the small beach sticking out and shot down any Buzzard long before they get in range. As soon as Sub-team is done you shot down the Valkyries, enter the cockpit and wait for the sub-team to arrive before lifting off. I've never once lost 5% of the Avengers health.

That's what I tried at first, but I kept getting rekted when the valkyries came - so did it this way instead :)

Wait what- you can call Pegasus?

Only on the finale - not on the setups unfortunately :)

Edited by Damned_ZigZag

joel15cat

I made 27 minutes for the elite challenge on ACT III usig the tank, but, can I call a Cargobob to take the Tank to the tunel entrance and complete the heist really fast?

No Homing

I made 27 minutes for the elite challenge on ACT III usig the tank, but, can I call a Cargobob to take the Tank to the tunel entrance and complete the heist really fast?

No, you can only call Pegasus in act 2 finale.

docholladay1976

It's easy enough to do it in the avenger and hardly take any damage. You've just got to climb high before switching to autopilot. Then, the enemies will spawn below you and have to rise to your elevation. It can be done solo, you just got to be quick getting to the hold and on to the guns.

ronbonjovi

Me and three friends were doing Act II yesterday for the first time. Flawless 1st attempt all the way to LSIA. Then I proceeded to fly the Avenger straight towards the hangar like a plane and switch to VTOL last minute, causing it to dive straight into the ground and explode. Bye bye elite challenge.

What is the bonus for the elite challenge anyways?

Jimbatron

One suspects this is sloppy coding - they just forgot to turn Pegasus off. It doesn't make a lot of sense it would be available for this finale and none of the others.

Ninja_Nicoya

Nice thanks, too bad I don't do act 2 though too many setups.

TienLP

One suspects this is sloppy coding - they just forgot to turn Pegasus off. It doesn't make a lot of sense it would be available for this finale and none of the others.

In term of programming if that mission is considered a "heist mission" then it will own the same attribute like the others: Pegasus will be disabled, it's not like you have to turn it off manually for each mission.

Unless in the Act II finale Pegasus was intentionally enabled for a reason, just like how the bank door in Pac Standard finale can now be opened after you zipped it, or the trick to save a vehicle to get away, or you used to be able to restart the heist before entering the bank without losing elite challenge. Most of the "tricks" you get in heists are actually enabled by R*, not all of them, but mostly, especially finales.

MechanicMammal

^yeah I think r* have always put alternative methods in on purpose, to encourage people to think outside of the box. And remove them again once everyone knows about the method to keep it fresh ish.

Like the Kuruma in Pac Standard Lester even hints at it being a easy mode for heists during Fleeca I think it was a intentional method to begin with, but it became the standard method so they rocked the boat a little.

Nice thanks, too bad I don't do act 2 though too many setups.

FYI

There are at least 2 ways to replay the finale without doing the set ups. (but this definitely was not intentional lol)

Edited by MechanicMammal

SHEsooSLI

Actually it works better if the air support team does not get in avenger at all till the end. Air support grabs a boat or seashark and follows the sunbeam and just sits on the water. The helicopters sometimes can be seen on the radar but does no damage. When the sub team resurfaces, the other team picks them up in the boat or seashark. Then all  the team gets in the avenger and takes off. No damage is taken.

TCA
2 hours ago, SHEsooSLI said:

Actually it works better if the air support team does not get in avenger at all till the end. Air support grabs a boat or seashark and follows the sunbeam and just sits on the water. The helicopters sometimes can be seen on the radar but does no damage. When the sub team resurfaces, the other team picks them up in the boat or seashark. Then all  the team gets in the avenger and takes off. No damage is taken.

This right here. Much better then calling Pegasus. Tried using a buzzard then going back to the avenger and it takes longer then it should. Still get the elite without having to use your own buzzard

Sinnen

Seriously guys, you need tips to keep avenger undamaged? My friend is 60+ and he barely can fly, but he can defend the avenger and we get elite bonus every time. Bogdan problem is the easiest heist in the whole GTA world.

AmyStone

Easiest method. Avenger pilot lands on spike of sand and gets on one of the seasharks parked there. Take the seashark to the point above the sub. Bob around there for five minutes and make a cup of tea. You won't get attacked and neither will the Avenger. When person comes out of sub they swim to the surface and gets on seashark. Dash to Avenger, get in and fly to LSIA. Usually zero damage.