Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,674 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Burnout Paradise HD Remaster

Arrows to Athens

Will be coming out on March 16 for Playstation 4 Pro and XBox One X, and it will include all DLCs.

People are complaining about another remaster, I'm just glad the Burnout series isn't dead yet. Maybe they're only releasing this to see how popular Burnout still is and if it would be worth the effort to make a new game.

Lmao At 1:03, f*cking Deluxo.

Anyway, if this can be remastered, so can IV.

Edited by Arrows to Athens

HeavyDuke

Nice but i'm not buying it. If i want to play a last gen game, i'll hook up my PS3.

That was already there, it was dlc back then.

Edited by HeavyDuke

Arrows to Athens

Nice but i'm not buying it. If i want to play a last gen game, i'll hook up my PS3.

That was already there, it was dlc back then.

I never actually played any of the DLC's back then. I only played the original game -- that's it.

All DLC huh? I remember the last time EA said "it comes with all DLC" for Sims 4 console..

However, they now said it "includes" all DLC, so there's hope.

Maybe I'll buy it one day.

Jason

The DLC was fantastic to be honest, the bikes, cops and robbers and the stunt island DLC were all great.

luisniko

Thanks EA. Now I know the one that I bought from Humble Bundle was not 'the meant to be played' edition. :p

The store page on PS4 says "in-game purchases optional" I knew it they're doing a Sims 4 again hahah.

Edited by fashion

Tycek

The store page on PS4 says "in-game purchases optional" I knew it they're doing a Sims 4 again hahah.

Care to elaborate on that a little more? I'm not familiar with the Sims 4 DLC situation.

I'm talking about the Sims 4 console port.

They released the following article before release:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/09/14/starting-a-new-life-in-the-sims-4-on-ps4/

"Almost everything from the PC version appears on PS4. That includes years of DLC, updates, and ghosts. Sim ghosts, but still impressive! For those looking for a content-rich, feature-complete experience, this is it."

Yeah well, what they didn't tell you is that you need to buy those DLCs seperately and they will cost you over 200$ for the full experience. Plus, they released more DLC since then and not all PC DLC is released yet. There's no season pass even.

They never said that it's going to be entirely free but reading that article makes you assume that it will be a complete package on disc, just like literally every other remaster on console.

That's why I wouldn't be surprised at all of Burnout gets a similar treatment. Sure, if they did a 20-30$ season pass, you'll pay pretty much the standard full game price.

What I'm trying to say is, if you want to (re)play Burnout for 40$ with all DLC, hold your horses and at the very least don't preorder it. Wait until release, look how they priced the DLC before buying. I'm almost convinced that it won't be one 40$ package. I could be wrong considering the trailer footage but they dissappointed me before.

Sims 4 wasn't a full priced game either.

Edited by fashion

Furry_Monkey

Okay, not a single mention of Japan in this official release statement...

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/02/20/open-world-arcade-racer-burnout-paradise-remastered-roars-onto-ps4-on-16th-march-at-60fps

I'm all over this game. I love, love, loved it and have missed Burnout in general for years.

Tails Prower

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/02/20/open-world-arcade-racer-burnout-paradise-remastered-roars-onto-ps4-on-16th-march-at-60fps

I'm all over this game. I love, love, loved it and have missed Burnout in general for years.

Guess I'll be joining you, I didn't play this one too much but I liked the open world side of it, guess I'll see you online at some point

in the game!

HeavyDuke

The DLC was fantastic to be honest, the bikes, cops and robbers and the stunt island DLC were all great.

I liked how the bikes would handle in the game. However them not having a damage model was a huge let down.

This console generation really is PS3.5 Xbox360 2.0, best things we get are remasters instead of new good games.

Dealux

Not the best arcade racing game. TDU or the older NFS games are better in my opinion (in most aspects).

I think this sort of game would be better suited as a mobile game.

Edited by Dealux

Furry_Monkey

Not the best arcade racing game. TDU or the older NFS games are better in my opinion (in most aspects).

I'm very glad it's getting the remaster treatment. There were so many great games on the last gen of consoles that it was difficult to keep up. Now, with the lacklustre standard of games on the current gen I'll be very happy to be able to spend some quality time with this particular title again.

In my mind the Burnout series from day 1 has been the perfect arcade racing franchise.

Burnout Paradise on mobile would be terrible. Driving games on mobile are just terrible. While they may play smooth and look great, there's nothing enjoyable about driving games on touchscreen devices.

Just my opinion.

Arrows to Athens

I remember listening to My Curse by Killswitch Engage and Paradise City by Guns 'N' Roses when playing it, two great songs featured on this game.

Takes me back and gives me chills.

KilnerLUFC

I'm very glad it's getting the remaster treatment. There were so many great games on the last gen of consoles that it was difficult to keep up. Now, with the lacklustre standard of games on the current gen I'll be very happy to be able to spend some quality time with this particular title again.

In my mind the Burnout series from day 1 has been the perfect arcade racing franchise.

Burnout Paradise on mobile would be terrible. Driving games on mobile are just terrible. While they may play smooth and look great, there's nothing enjoyable about driving games on touchscreen devices.

Just my opinion.

"Difficult to keep up..." You say that, but surely you're just in an endless cycle of repetiton, what with having 'new' releases coming out at the same time as all these remasters, all coming out still nearly at full price as when they originally released, getting away with it all by upping the price and hiding it behind the 'comes with all DLC' option. For like £10 more, I could go out and buy the original game and the console, and still get the same experience.

Point been, out of all the series, most fans were crying for the earlier titles to get the remaster treatment, even maybe getting 2,3,4 as part of a trilogy package, but they instead went for the most generic and in many cases, least favourite title of the whole series...not to mention it's the latest one.

Maybe it's due to me not owning either the PS4 or One, but i'm just not understanding why people sold off their old collections, just to repeat the process of buying the same games again.

Arrows to Athens

Just my opinion.

"Difficult to keep up..." You say that, but surely you're just in an endless cycle of repetiton, what with having 'new' releases coming out at the same time as all these remasters, all coming out still nearly at full price as when they originally released, getting away with it all by upping the price and hiding it behind the 'comes with all DLC' option. For like £10 more, I could go out and buy the original game and the console, and still get the same experience.

Point been, out of all the series, most fans were crying for the earlier titles to get the remaster treatment, even maybe getting 2,3,4 as part of a trilogy package, but they instead went for the most generic and in many cases, least favourite title of the whole series...not to mention it's the latest one.

Maybe it's due to me not owning either the PS4 or One, but i'm just not understanding why people sold off their old collections, just to repeat the process of buying the same games again.

Great games deserve to be played in better graphics on newer consoles. I hope we get a MW2 and IV remaster next.

Arrows to Athens

Apparently, it’s still only eight player online, because doubling the amount of players for current gen wouldn’t make any sense, right?

Jason

It's a remaster not a remake. Also in fairness, a lot of the games multiplayer is tied to player count. Things like the online free roam challenges, races etc, they'd have to go back and redo, rebalance or flat out remake a lot of the challenges and stuff to make it work for more than 8 players.

Arrows to Athens

It's a remaster not a remake. Also in fairness, a lot of the games multiplayer is tied to player count. Things like the online free roam challenges, races etc, they'd have to go back and redo, rebalance or flat out remake a lot of the challenges and stuff to make it work for more than 8 players.

Is there any truth to this? I mean, V for current gen doubled the player count.

Jason
Posted (edited)

I mean I'm not making it up, it's literally how the online in the game works. Free roam challenges revolve around 1-8 players, modes like Cops & Robbers are balanced around 4v4. To increase the player count, and make it worthwhile, they'd need to make a whole host of brand new free roam challenges, go back and rejig and rebalance the race/pvp modes for the increased player count and all that jazz - and that's without considering potential behind the scenes things, who knows what doubling the player count will do to things like the netcode or physics, the game wasn't designed for it.

GTA V on the other hand was quite clearly made with the jump to 32 players in mind, next-gen came out a year later and the game and modes were all built and designed around varying player counts both big and small anyway.

Edited by Jason

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)

I mean I'm not making it up, it's literally how the online in the game works. Free roam challenges revolve around 1-8 players, modes like Cops & Robbers are balanced around 4v4. To increase the player count, and make it worthwhile, they'd need to make a whole host of brand new free roam challenges, go back and rejig and rebalance the race/pvp modes for the increased player count and all that jazz - and that's without considering potential behind the scenes things, who knows what doubling the player count will do to things like the netcode or physics, the game wasn't designed for it.

GTA V on the other hand was quite clearly made with the jump to 32 players in mind, next-gen came out a year later and the game and modes were all built and designed around varying player counts both big and small anyway.

I wouldn't mind if they delayed it a little for double the amount in player capacity, that's one thing for sure. Eight players just doesn't seem like enough. It would be kinda dead.

KilnerLUFC

Just my opinion.

Great games deserve to be played in better graphics on newer consoles. I hope we get a MW2 and IV remaster next.

But that was kind of my point. Paradise was the last in the series to be released, and imo one of the weakest titles in the series. Most fans were crying out for there to be a 3/4 Remastered, but they went with Paradise instead. Gaming seems to be just about milking us gamers now...

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)

Just my opinion.

But that was kind of my point. Paradise was the last in the series to be released, and imo one of the weakest titles in the series. Most fans were crying out for there to be a 3/4 Remastered, but they went with Paradise instead. Gaming seems to be just about milking us gamers now...

I don't think it's the weakest title at all. Plus, Paradise is a PS3/360 game, so it would make sense for it to be remastered. The only treatment Burnout 3 would get is a port, just like with Destroy All Humans! and San Andreas.

Furry_Monkey

I'm very happy to get a remastered version of Burnout Paradise (I think I've made that clear so far). Each to their own, but the sandbox element and added versatility made Burnout Paradise my favourite of the whole franchise.

Anyway, I don't remember most fans crying out for there to be a 3/4 remaster. I don't actually remember any fans crying out for a remaster. Surely most real fans would be crying out for something new for current gen.

You can't please all the people all the time, but I suspect there will be a LOT of people happy with a Burnout Paradise remaster. Clicking right on the d-pad will be a good indicator :)

Furry_Monkey

Well I've just played it for about an hour and am settling down with some breakfast and one of the things I'd forgotten about in this game..... the screensaver. Just lovely.

The game does look and play beautifully, and you've not just got everything out of the box. All the DLC stuff is there, but everything else has to be earned just like it was. No shortcuts.

I'm sure the haters will still hate, but for the ones fortunate enough to love this game I doubt there'll be anyone disappointed. Right now, though, I'm going on a 10 hour Paradise City binge. See you through my square eyes later!

GTAKid667

I've been following this for a while now, I'm really pleased to see this game has been remastered by EA. I wasn't sure if we were going to hear much more from the Burnout Series given how long it has been since the last release, which would have been a shame as I've always really liked the series and grew up playing most of them. I know there have been mixed opinions about Paradise with a few people saying they prefer the older games of the series, as can be seen in this thread as well, but I've personally always really enjoyed the game and have so many memories of playing it that'd probably put it up there as my favourite from the series. It was one of the first games I bought for PS3 all those years ago and spent so many hours playing it, both alone and with friends.

I ordered the remastered version earlier in the week and should be getting it either later today or tomorrow. Great to hear that content still has to be earned as it was before and obviously great to have all of the DLC Content included in the first place. Looking forward to it, though I do worry it is going to distract me just a little from other things I really should be doing this weekend instead. :p

Right now, though, I'm going on a 10 hour Paradise City binge.

I did this far too many times with the original I'm not even joking lol

KilnerLUFC

Surely most real fans would be crying out for something new for current gen.

Just a shame the majority of the Criterion behind the Burnout series are gone to other places now.

As much as I slag this game off, I do keep meaning to give it a proper play through at some point to try and truly get the feel of it. I guess I'm just funny when it comes to change - Many reboots have been slated by me for me the change.

Arrows to Athens

Well I've just played it for about an hour and am settling down with some breakfast and one of the things I'd forgotten about in this game..... the screensaver. Just lovely.

The game does look and play beautifully, and you've not just got everything out of the box. All the DLC stuff is there, but everything else has to be earned just like it was. No shortcuts.

I'm sure the haters will still hate, but for the ones fortunate enough to love this game I doubt there'll be anyone disappointed. Right now, though, I'm going on a 10 hour Paradise City binge. See you through my square eyes later!

Haven't got this game yet, but can you still only play with eight players? If so, do you think they will ever increase the amount?