Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,761 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

les999

The Hardest Doomsday Heist Mission is.....

DemonicSpaceman

What's with the Act III finale hate? It's probably the easiest thing from Act III. Host just hangs back and is careful, associates get free health regens. Host hacks, associates "protect" (although host cannot die while hacking), the only difficult bit is right after Cliffford opens the doors and you need to get across that lobby area... even that's not too taxing. My crew has failed Act III after the hacking more than before or during it (through impatience and dicking around).

Hardest, probably the foundary one, depending on the crew. Avenger is up there. I struggled with the paramedic one too (however had come back to GTA from playing other games so was rusty - haven't tried it since).

SUPERSAD

the act 3 final can be pretty hard sometimes if you do it with only 2 players

Cutter De Blanc

None of these seem any more difficult than flipping a coin. The cheating ass AI makes these missions either win or lose. Fake padded difficulty that skill will not overcome. That's not difficult, that's just gambling

Rafae

Lol it's crazy how different people perceive the difficulty of different missions, I guess that's what really makes this update and more importantly this Heist special. To me, Rescue ULP and Avenger weren't hard at all but I suppose that's because I had a solid team that knew what they were doing, tbh I damn near solo'd the getting to ULP part inside the foundry while the rest of my team handled the outdoor enemies.

Rescue Agent 14 and the Act III finale were both a bitch and a half, mostly because I only did both with one person, the same person in both too. The finale however, we ended up failing alot more with four people than just two, it sort of made things easier but harder at the same time with just two people if that makes any sense. Sure, more enemies to kill but it's also alot easier to coordinate and take our time and not worry about two other people constantly dying. Moving from one server room to the next in between hacks was a f*cking nightmare with only half a bar of health the whole time, it was so much harder than protecting the hacker while he hacks.

I honestly believe Act III finale to be the hardest thing I've personally ever done in a video game, as extreme as that sounds. It legitimately had me feeling anger, tension and nervousness like nothing else in a video game before. The feeling of finally getting it done the second time with just one player is unexplainable, it genuinely felt like a massive accomplishment. Even the first time I did it with four players it took forever but eventually we completed it after two or so hours and I harbor the same exact feelings for that attempt at well. I don't think anything else in this game comes close to the intensity and complexity of the ACT III finale but that's just my personal opinion.

Kudos to Rockstar man, these Heists wouldn't have been that extra touch of special if it weren't for the difficulty. I'm glad they didn't make this just another thing to get through by running and gunning in just a few hours.

IamCourtney

Solo Stromberg prep if you get a lot of flatbeds instead of Wastelanders

delorianlazarus

We went through the whole thing, a friend and I.

S all that follows is my feeling for a 2 players play through.

Avenger was the hardest, I guess we just didn't go through the right path : we took the left route, behind trailer and upstairs next.

Rescue ULP wasn't an issue, one on second to last level of the tower and the other one inside, we succeeded on first attempt.

Agent 14 was okay, as long as you don't run like an idiot and use your tools wisely (pick up insurgent and minigun).

Finale III was hard, but with patience it's ok...

Avenger, definitely.

Mistermilan07

The first time my friend and I did the Avenger missionhe puut it on hard

We succeeded after 10 restarts lol

Never again on hard

A.C.M.

avenger is easy if you use explosive sniper and go left path, they always fall to death up there after ive exploded them

taga7a

The Act 3 Finale just because how long it takes, 30 minutes for a finale takes a marathon type concentration. But mostly all of the setups and finales are easy, have some strategies for any of the setups that are needed a few examples like:

Rescue Agent 14: Place sticky bombs at where the juggernauts will spawn in the warehouse and use vigilantes to clear everything

Avenger: Run to the left when spawned into the hanger and take cover behind the fuel tanker so you won't get one shotted in the beginning

Rescue ULP: For the lookout team, have a personal turreted vehicle parked a little bit behind the entrance where the Ground Team enters and pick off everyone there.

Salvage Hard Drives: Position the RCV to block gunfire for the other person picking up hard drives and also use truck to move from one van to another instead of running around on foot.

whywontyoulisten

Rescue ULP: For the lookout team, have a personal turreted vehicle parked a little bit behind the entrance where the Ground Team enters and pick off everyone there.

Which entrance? The one it tells you to go in, or the back door with the steps and railings? Should you block one door and cover another?

KWF1981

Which entrance? The one it tells you to go in, or the back door with the steps and railings? Should you block one door and cover another?

They seem to only go for the entrance shown, not the back. So I put a Nightshark near the entrance for the others to use to leave after, while using it to camp myself as close to the door and block half the NPC's line of sight at me. Meaning I funnel them to me more. Much like a survival.

Be aware and take out heli's asap. I tend to have snacks up, and not switch guns and the combat mg II is a beast, IMHO, hit the pilot then worry about the ground guys. Also be aware of the odd NPC creeping up behind you. Remain in cover and pop up in bursts, using the minimal too.

Hope it helps.

aFinn

How we do it is block the back entrance with a car, and have Insurgent Custom go deep to the alley next to entrance marked in yellow, it can go over the barriers. You can then exit through that little gap at end of that alley, gunner may need to swivel turret a little to fit out.

les999

This is where I take cover for Rescue ULP. I drive round the back and park where the car is here (in a Kuruma not this one!) Then I take cover behind the boxes near the car:

Jd1HjgomTk-3hUtuZE4W6Q_0_0.jpg

I've never seen guards come from behind me here. I just shoot anyone who comes towards the door.

Here's the view from the other way. You can drive the car in from behind here without having to jump any barriers.

HHgbe1qP-UumO9nG8DaKjA_0_0.jpg

The First Hunter

This is where I take cover for Rescue ULP. I drive round the back and park where the car is here (in a Kuruma not this one!) Then I take cover behind the boxes near the car:

Jd1HjgomTk-3hUtuZE4W6Q_0_0.jpg

I've never seen guards come from behind me here. I just shoot anyone who comes towards the door.

Here's the view from the other way. You can drive the car in from behind here without having to jump any barriers.

HHgbe1qP-UumO9nG8DaKjA_0_0.jpg

I tried using Kuruma in Rescue ULP setup as the lookout team and got buzzard missiles in my face many times

joel15cat

^

Insurgent Pick-Up. On the alley.

Another Insurgent blocking the other door.

If you are 4 players, another can take a Half-track and park him between the alley and the entrance (where the Nightsharks comes).

Easy mission.

Edited by joel15cat

Jimbatron

I guess like questions, there are no easy or hard missions, only the ones you know how to beat confidently and those you don't.

Although me and my friends smash through it with ease now, I'd say Act III Finale is still the hardest, or more precisely, one where we'd be most likely to do a quick restart. It's simply the length of it, with more opportunities for there to be an unlucky death.

AUScowboy

I found the finale easy compared to rescuing ULP...

Quick question, what are payouts for heist members, only played as leader so far (I know, I'm just an alpha liek that 😉).

Rafae

Heist members get paid surprisingly high for setups

I remember getting 45k just for helping a crew member complete the Khanjali setup.. crazy

AUScowboy

Good to hear. The better the pay the more likely a heist member will be willing to put up with potential repetition. Does difficulty effect payout for set ups? I remember the difficulty not increasing pay for MOC and office special vehicle missions..

Anywho, despite the sometimes obnoxious bullet sponge enemies and laggy enemy spawns at points, I simply can't get over how fun these are... the interiors alone are worth the time and effort, but even the story with it's vague and exaggerated deep state theme (may not be so exaggerated if that alert in Hawaii wasn't really an accident after all, that meteor in Michigan? Yeah... meteor... just may be a Doomsday Heist poppin off IRL) lol, kidding of course, ahem tinfoil off now.

I have a feeling the Avenger set up and ULP rescue will get easier with time and repetition. As hard as they are, they were still fun and a rare moment during GTAO where something isn't brain numbingly easy (even if the difficulty in this case is just rapid spawning bullet sponge Avon clones).

Edited by AUScowboy

Rafae

Difficulty affects payouts yes, just like the old Heists

Pretty sure that applies to SV and MOC missions too

Jimbatron

Heist members get paid surprisingly high for setups

I remember getting 45k just for helping a crew member complete the Khanjali setup.. crazy

This is a really good point. A lot of the Act III set-ups are very easy and pay really well. Randoms should be able to do most of these, Rescue Agent 14 is the only one where newbies might struggle. The Barrage and Khanjali missions are particularly easy (the latter provided you turn up in a Kuruma or other armoured vehicle, once you get the tank, it's game over for Cliffford's boys). $45k in under 10 minutes isn't bad at all. Act II setups trip randoms up far more often. - think they pay about 35k on hard, around 26k for Act I.

hugh750

the final doomsday heist finale (act 3) is brutal with so many enemies coming after you.

The First Hunter

the final doomsday heist finale (act 3) is brutal with so many enemies coming after you.

Even though the hack part is hard, i still prefer Act 3 to 2 particularly because of the Salvage Harddrive mission (I hate it with a passion)

Dellers

Honestly never struggled too much with any specific mission. Avenger, Rescue ULP and the final heist took a few tries to get right the first time, but aren't too bad once you know them. The finale on act one and Avenger are where the rapid fire bug happens most often, so I'd say those two. It may be random, but it happens frequently on these missions for me. The hardest part in the finale on act 3 is just getting from the door and one floor up to the servers, I've never actually died or seen anyone die on the second floor. People say that the hack part is really hard, but I never had any problems just there with just two players.

Edited by Dellers

Liquid Snake 245

The hardest DDH mission to me it was the Act III Finale. But since I've played it a few more times now it's actually very straightforward. The only time consuming thing (depending on person) is the hacking. The unlimited NPCs is no big deal.

There are 1 or 2 frustrating setups but don't come to mind right now.

Shadowfennekin

If people do Hard, act 3 setup's will pay 100k each pretty much if we get a Double Doomsday week(Hopefully a week and not a stingy weekend... otherwise we'll not get any playtime in case servers will be raped like last double money Heist weekend)

That will be good money.

Really, NEVER play Rescue ULP on Hard though... just don't. It's not worth the few extra thousand just to restart if somebody dies, usually a Lookout who refuses to come into the ally and get in my Insurgent

Sentinel Driver

Rescue ULP is easy and it has a forgiving checkpoint system too. If you die after you've rescued him, you restart at a parking lot with ULP next to an insurgent pickup. Avenger and act 3 finale are tough, especially with ragequitting randoms

KWF1981

If people do Hard, act 3 setup's will pay 100k each pretty much if we get a Double Doomsday week(Hopefully a week and not a stingy weekend... otherwise we'll not get any playtime in case servers will be raped like last double money Heist weekend)

That will be good money.

Really, NEVER play Rescue ULP on Hard though... just don't. It's not worth the few extra thousand just to restart if somebody dies, usually a Lookout who refuses to come into the ally and get in my Insurgent

#dontplaywithrandoms.

Lol.

AgentPlum

Avenger, hands down. Even though I have done it about 20 times now I still screw up and I know what I am doing. There is always that ONE man that gets you with a burst of gunfire!

Used to hate rescue ULP as well but learnt it is pretty easy after taking it slowly and taking cover all the time.

As for Act III finale, not sure why people struggle - as long as you have someone who knows how to hack again it is all about cover and replenish armor and snacks. Once you have a 'system' and 'route' around the building in the server room it is pretty easy. I have no fear at all with Act III finale now but as I said YOU NEED someone that knows how to hack properly and it is job done. Being honest, I sucked at hacking but now pretty good at it, don't rush, think about the next move logically and job done - no panci about being shot up either so you can 100% concentrate on it

OK, others ... Act II finale is probably the easiest thing going, seriously, it is not even a challenge, Act I finale is way too short and also p**s easy

SuperJude™

Being a gunner in the Volatol may not be the hardest but it's the absolute worst.

No communication generally so most people go afk.

I try to shoot but the constantly changing camera angle is motion sickness inducing. The aim is awful and bottom cannon seems blocked by the open bay doors.

Holy crap.

Worst Heist set up ever next to Deliver EMP